PDA

View Full Version : Episode Discussion Archive Sub-Forum

WestonWisdom
May 1st, 2011, 05:55 PM
Okay, so currently, only the three most recent chapters, and their discussions are visible to the forum user without navigation through the use of URI's, I understand that you could feasibly navigate to the chapter discussion through the use of URI's, but it is not really fair to ask the typical forum user to do so.

My suggestion, is a 5th(Including the Voodoo Lounge) sub-forum within the episode discussion forum that would display the three threads from the chapter discussions which are not the three most recently released chapters. I can see how a regular forum user may not find this useful(I do), but it would provide the functionality for those re-listening and those listening for the first time to see what others had to say, possibly add their own thoughts.

I understand that Chapter 17 backwards isn't easily gotten to with the forum switchover, and it would initially start small(chapter 18 only), but it would grow with time.

I haven't decided if I think the forum should be read only or for users to be able to add their own contributions. It just seems a shame to lose such great discussion.

Ra1th
May 1st, 2011, 06:28 PM
Wait so you're saying you can't access the chapter 18 episode discussions?

Go to episode discussions. Then there are 5 sub categories.
ch 21
ch 20
ch 19
ch 18
Voodoo Lounge

If you click on chapter 18, you will have access to the episode discussions for 18-1, 18-2, and 18-3

WestonWisdom
May 1st, 2011, 06:29 PM
Wait so you're saying you can't access the chapter 18 episode discussions?

Go to episode discussions. Then there are 5 sub categories.
ch 21
ch 20
ch 19
ch 18
Voodoo Lounge

If you click on chapter 18, you will have access to the episode discussions for 18-1, 18-2, and 18-3

I believe thats only because of the errors you made when changing chapter 21.

Ra1th
May 1st, 2011, 06:31 PM
No, no it's not, I've fixed that, everything is back to normal. Are you saying you can't access the chapter 18 episode discussion? because I just checked from my test account, and I could see them fine.

WestonWisdom
May 1st, 2011, 06:33 PM
I am saying, if I remember correctly, that before the whole merging/un-merging fiasco, chapter 18 discussion wasn't viewable easily. The three episode limit is reasonable as it is.

Ra1th
May 1st, 2011, 06:35 PM
And I'm telling you that there is no 3 chapter limit. You should be able to see sub forums for chapters 18,19,20, 21, and the voodoo lounge. Can you see all of them? Do you have access to all of those ? Cause if you don't there is a problem here, and it needs to be fixed. If you can see them, then there is no problem

WestonWisdom
May 1st, 2011, 07:02 PM
I'm not saying that there is a physical 3 chapter limit imposed, but I think the admins enforce it, sorry, but I am not sure what you are privy too, but yes, currently, all four chapters are available, but I am almost certain that only 3 chapters at a time are available for viewing under normal circumstances(I.E, you haven't added a chapter discussion).

Ra1th
May 1st, 2011, 07:08 PM
Wait I'm still not understanding the problem here. You have access to everything right? Because I checked with my test account, and that account is registered as a regular user, and I was able to access all the older episode discussions without a problem.

WestonWisdom
May 1st, 2011, 07:12 PM
I have access to everything from usual navigation because of your error, I am sure, before your error, only 19/20/21 were only available, can you imagine, 5 episodes along, the amount of space it would take up, this supports my belief that only 3 chapters at a time are intended to be visible.

itsallgoodie
May 1st, 2011, 07:13 PM
Hey weston, i think i can help clear up this problem. Is the fact that you can only see chapter threads back to chapter 18 the problem because if it is i think the confusion is coming from you thinking that there may be more threads for other chapters when in fact the chapter discussion threads didnt start until 18 so there arent any before that. Please let me know if this is not what you are talking about so we can solve this problem.

I think that another thing about the thread categories might be why you are confused. When a thread gets posted in, it gets put up to the top of the list. So if an older thread isnt posted in it will fade out of the spotlight of the front page and thus will not be viewed by others as often and probably not posted in as a result. So an older episode discussion will probably not be viewable on the front page.

Thanks

-itsallgoodie.

Ra1th
May 1st, 2011, 07:14 PM
Ok, so mistake or not, you can see everything now right? So there is no problem

WestonWisdom
May 1st, 2011, 07:18 PM
I am trying to say, that if, being able to see all previous discussions for this forum isn't intended(Ra1th's little hiccup) isn't intended(I am sure it isn't), my suggestion would be a valid one.

itsallgoodie, I understand that the threads don't exist due to the old forum being small, it's more future proofing :)

Ra1th
May 1st, 2011, 07:34 PM
So basically, there was a problem, but now that problem is gone.

Zombiehead
May 1st, 2011, 08:16 PM
I am trying to say, that if, being able to see all previous discussions for this forum isn't intended(Ra1th's little hiccup) isn't intended(I am sure it isn't), my suggestion would be a valid one.

itsallgoodie, I understand that the threads don't exist due to the old forum being small, it's more future proofing :)
All chapters and their individual 1/2/3 part discussions are meant to be visible by everyone. We didn't start arranging them that way until Chapter 18. I assume all future chapters are going to have their own category and "part X" thread.

My suggestion, is a 5th(Including the Voodoo Lounge) sub-forum within the episode discussion forum that would display the three threads from the chapter discussions which are not the three most recently released chapters. I can see how a regular forum user may not find this useful(I do), but it would provide the functionality for those re-listening and those listening for the first time to see what others had to say, possibly add their own thoughts.
Past chapter discussions on the old forum are gone forever. Basically, anything before Chapter 18/January.