PDA

View Full Version : We're Not Dead Episode 13

j0be
Apr 29th, 2011, 10:54 AM
This will be up later today. Just be patient. :)
This episode will feature the beautiful Britt, the bodacious Beezball, and none other than the jovial J0be!
(Greg couldn't make it this week because he was covering all the outages with the playstation network).

IAmBabs
Apr 29th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Is he making sure everyone has enough water bottles to survive the outage?

Also, that's still going on? I'm not sure if that's bad for the company or impressive on the part of the hacker(s).

Rock Daddy
Apr 29th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the update!

Boomstick
Apr 29th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Appreciate the info!

Britt
Apr 29th, 2011, 02:59 PM
AAAAND...there's a surprise at the end of the podcast :D

BLOOPERS!

Britt
Apr 29th, 2011, 02:59 PM
AAAAND...there's a surprise at the end of the podcast :D

BLOOPERS!

I totally ruined the surprise.

Luna Guardian
Apr 29th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Kind of, yeah...

TCM Revolver
Apr 29th, 2011, 03:10 PM

Forgiven :)

j0be
Apr 29th, 2011, 03:24 PM

Plus you're a dratted tease with your spoiler that you got in the green room.

j0be
Apr 29th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Yes, I got the details wrong about previously seeing the arena artwork before. I don't know why I thought I had seen it before. Could almost swear I had. Oh well.

Zombiehead
Apr 29th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Great episode. Good representing J0be. Steph... *sigh*

Ra1th
Apr 29th, 2011, 11:41 PM
fun facts: Catalina is a pretty big place. I've been there once or twice and its really tourism heavy. A lot of it is just open wildlife and nature preserves. Actually thinking about it, Catalina would make an awesome place to stay in the long term. there is a LOT of vegetation and plant life there. They could go for some heavy agriculture aspects of it especially considering all the canned food supplies go bad in 2.5 years. There are lots of big animals, i think there are like deer and prly lots of smaller critters like rabbits. Fish too, lots and lots of fish. So if the mallers were going for a all natural, self sustaining colony of survival, Catalina would be a good option. Actually thinking about it, hell if there was a zombie apocalypse thats where i'd go

timberwoof
Apr 30th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Hey britt, you guys were talking about "ink" and the guy in the pin stripe suit possibly not being the same person. Kc mentioned in another thread that is Chapter 13 (I think) "ink's" howl is different from the others. If you listen to it, yeah its very distinct. If you listen to the howl in Chapter 21, don't they sounds very similar. And by coincidence, the pin stripe suit shows up? Plus I think the fact that "bill roberts, AKA Ink" was at trial during the TiVo would account for the suit. But all in all I could be wrong, right I'm only human, not a super genius zombie with markings. HEHE. Just thought I would throw that out at you. Now I'm gonna go back and look for the quote Kc made about the roar.

Found it in "Zombie/Creature types/ Physical Appearances"

Howlers? Ok. A few details on that. There was one that could outside the tower when Pegs dropped the pot. That one didn't appear any different.
We've heard several others do it throughout the series, one in particular also in the tower when Burt showed up. That one didn't look any different either.
The last bit of info I would give is, if everyone could do it, we'd hear it more often.

Ink's howl can be different... listen closely to Chapter 13 for more specifics.

AdrianHD
Apr 30th, 2011, 04:22 PM
This is going to sound like an awkward complaint, Britt... Uhhh. Try not having so much saliva in your mouth. Hahaha! You can tell when you talk because your tongue makes a lot more noise smacking around. I've listened to so many people do this in music that I may be the only that hears this. Not gross, not super annoying, just something that I excessively notice haha. Hope that wasn't too awkward... o_O

Britt
Apr 30th, 2011, 10:24 PM
This is going to sound like an awkward complaint, Britt... Uhhh. Try not having so much saliva in your mouth. Hahaha! You can tell when you talk because your tongue makes a lot more noise smacking around. I've listened to so many people do this in music that I may be the only that hears this. Not gross, not super annoying, just something that I excessively notice haha. Hope that wasn't too awkward... o_O

HAHAHA!!! No, not at all. In fact, I noticed that while I was editing. I forgot to grab my bottle of water that night XD.

mem
May 1st, 2011, 01:46 PM
job er jobe good jobe er job on the podcast.
also the suprise at the end of the show had us laughing like crazy
i can relate to beez as in i can't remember minute details about each episode. if asked i say there were zombies or events related to zombies and zombielike situations
that normally gets me by with the nonlisteneres. the questions were a bit tougher than i had hoped. i only got one. : ( this forum proves that some people on here are magnets for info and can recite from memory the smallest detail "..oh yes in episode such and such that character was wearing the "i see dead people" t-shirt and was contemplating costco locations as he/she ran from a pack of hungry undead" lol

NoReality95
May 1st, 2011, 07:28 PM
My God the bloopers at the end had me dying.
"How many do we have?"
"47."

COsurvivor
May 1st, 2011, 07:43 PM
2 things...

At the beginning the whole "JOB or "JOBE" deal gave me flash backs to Mission Impossible.

I love the Blooper Reel, now that I think about it... a blooper reel would be a good add on for the Season 2 CD set...

ObamaCat
May 1st, 2011, 07:58 PM
Awesome episode! I really liked j0be's theory about humanizing the Mallers now so that we as an audience can be okay with them siding with the Tower down the road. The bloopers at the end were also hilarious. More of those please :)

Pikepaw
May 1st, 2011, 10:29 PM
I listened to this on a 3 hour drive I took this weekend. Since I was only in the car, I found myself talking to the podcast. Britt or Beez or Jobe would say something and I would respond to it. I'd be like, "interesting theory" or "that theory is just crazy" or "Oh Beezball" and every time they said a trivia question, I answered it in a flash. Except the vault combo. I tried guessing "56, 22...uh" The real answer is, "56, 22, 1"

So I love this podcast because you guys have these nice little spaces where I respond and feel like I am part of it...even though no one can hear me, fortunately

beezball
May 2nd, 2011, 07:14 AM
2 things...

At the beginning the whole "JOB or "JOBE" deal gave me flash backs to Mission Impossible.

I was totally thinking this the whole time, but my movie references ALWAYS go over Britts head so I withheld on that one. Oh well. At least a got a dumb and dumber one in during the trivia q's.

j0be
May 2nd, 2011, 07:21 AM
HAHAHA!!! No, not at all. In fact, I noticed that while I was editing. I forgot to grab my bottle of water that night XD.

What works wonders for me, actually, is Combo's (the snack). Of course I forgot them for that recording.

I was totally thinking this the whole time, but my movie references ALWAYS go over Britts head so I withheld on that one. Oh well. At least a got a dumb and dumber one in during the trivia q's.

I think the movie was referencing the person from the Bible.

beezball
May 2nd, 2011, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE=j0be;I think the movie was referencing the person from the Bible.[/QUOTE]

He initially hears about it and thinks job 314 (pronounced like a the word, not name) is a codename for an operation. Later he has the revelation... haha... revelation... bible humor.

j0be
May 2nd, 2011, 07:33 AM
He initially hears about it and thinks job 314 (pronounced like a the word, not name) is a codename for an operation. Later he has the revelation... haha... revelation... bible humor.

It's been years since I've seen the movie.

beezball
May 2nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
I like to revisit ever year or two, it's a masterpiece imo. Too bad the new ones play into stereotypical action cliches instead of being dense and smart.

j0be
May 2nd, 2011, 07:45 AM
I like to revisit ever year or two, it's a masterpiece imo. Too bad the new ones play into stereotypical action cliches instead of being dense and smart.

I really should revisit it. I have 3 or 4 movies I revisit on a semi regular basis. (Fight Club holds up really well)

beezball
May 2nd, 2011, 07:49 AM
Indeed. Also try to ignore any errors in my sentences, stupid phones.

j0be
May 2nd, 2011, 07:51 AM
Indeed. Also try to ignore any errors in my sentences, stupid phones.

I know the feeling. Swype broke on my android yesterday, and I spent the greater half of the afternoon trying to reinstall it. It came preloaded on my phone, so uninstalling it was hell. After I uninstalled and reinstalled, it worked perfectly. But yeah, phones.

StepLaugh
May 2nd, 2011, 07:53 AM
Great episode. Good representing J0be. Steph... *sigh*

Wait now, ZH are you talking about me? :P

beezball
May 2nd, 2011, 07:55 AM
Maybe he got you and me confused.

Adventureless_Hero
May 2nd, 2011, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the shout out j0be!

Britt
May 2nd, 2011, 09:22 AM
So I love this podcast because you guys have these nice little spaces where I respond and feel like I am part of it...even though no one can hear me, fortunately

When are you going to come on WND?!

Yeah, all you would have gotten out of me was an awkward chuckle.

Adventureless_Hero
May 2nd, 2011, 02:17 PM
Oh wow, I should have listened to the entire podcast before posting. Thanks for using some of my posts for discussion. I love it that Britt takes the time time to go through the forums for relevant posts. So thanks for that, kiddo.

I liked some of the ideas that were mentioned in the show and how we even were able to hear a theory revealed, discussed, and then debunked! That was pretty rad. I know j0be's pain, having to listen to episode 21-1 hoping that Tardust would reveal that stupid exit from 110 that was on the map. I've started focusing on parks in the northern portion of the 110. Some likely spots the ambush may have taken place include Elysian Park, Sycamore Grove Park, Ernest E. Debs Regional Park, or Hermon Park (this last one has a bike path running through it that could have possibly been the narrow path they were worried about thier truck not being able to make it through). But this is all shtuff best left for the Theories board.

Great podcast! Thanks for the bloopers! Hope that Mr. Miller will be able to join in on the next one.

j0be
May 2nd, 2011, 07:53 PM
Hope that Mr. Miller will be able to join in on the next one.

He should be able to. The Playstation network is slated to be on.

Zombiehead
May 2nd, 2011, 10:30 PM
Wait now, ZH are you talking about me? :PMy mistake, that was Beez making all those trivia errors.

Pikepaw
May 4th, 2011, 01:54 AM
You guys want me on WND? I got Skype, I would love to be on!

Britt
May 4th, 2011, 08:17 AM
You guys want me on WND? I got Skype, I would love to be on!

The next open slot we have is on June 20th. Shoot me an email to..WereNotDeadPodcast@gmail.com!!!