PDA

View Full Version : Achievements not showing up

Hellbringer
Apr 29th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Ok, don't know how or when it happened, but somehow my little achievements that I got do not show up when I post. I can see them on my profile page, and it looks like I'm the only one affected thus far. Did my settings get changed to somehow hide them on posts or have I hit a glitch in the system?

:confused:

TCM Revolver
Apr 29th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Researching...

Revolver
Apr 30th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Testing

Craneses
Apr 30th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I started to notice that too.

Hellbringer
May 1st, 2011, 05:39 PM
I started to notice that too.

Maybe it's a new form of computer zombie-like infection, haha. I'm infected and I am getting others to fall under the same symptoms.

Yeah, that isn't it.

Anyway, I noticed I have an award now, and that shows up when I post, but the achievements don't. I'm more curious about this than anything else, which makes me wonder what I WOULD do during a zombie outbreak, considering I love to observe and watch.

TCM Revolver
May 1st, 2011, 07:36 PM
Maybe it's a new form of computer zombie-like infection, haha. I'm infected and I am getting others to fall under the same symptoms.

Yeah, that isn't it.

Anyway, I noticed I have an award now, and that shows up when I post, but the achievements don't. I'm more curious about this than anything else, which makes me wonder what I WOULD do during a zombie outbreak, considering I love to observe and watch.

Deep Breaths... Still researching. and the award is part of testing.

Hellbringer
May 1st, 2011, 07:44 PM
Deep Breaths... Still researching. and the award is part of testing.

haha, not trying to bust chops, revolver. I actually laughed when I saw the symbol for the award. I know you guys have more pressing (not to mention more important) things to focus on when it comes to keeping the site up and running.

COsurvivor
May 1st, 2011, 07:46 PM
i just noticed mine are not being displayed either... you think it is do to a "level" or donor level thing that is keeping achievements from being displayed?

TCM Revolver
May 1st, 2011, 07:47 PM
i just noticed mine are not being displayed either... you think it is do to a "level" or donor level thing that is keeping achievements from being displayed?

No, the account entitled "revolver" is my test acct. Bare bones, and it is displaying just fine.

Walrusgus
May 5th, 2011, 01:09 AM
I think it's on me to!! Must look in to.

COsurvivor
May 5th, 2011, 09:06 PM
No, the account entitled "revolver" is my test acct. Bare bones, and it is displaying just fine.

Here is a image I took today of the post you quote to... I should have 2 achievements displayed, but I see none!

Achievements:
28 Days Later
250 Experience Points

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2065/5691874063_4b67321881_b.jpg

Walrusgus
May 5th, 2011, 10:15 PM
So after some snooping i have worked not much out: logging out and back in doesn't fix this problem.

It has affected all my previous posts. This didn't use to be a problem with me...

TCM Revolver
May 6th, 2011, 06:02 AM
So after some snooping i have worked not much out: logging out and back in doesn't fix this problem.

It has affected all my previous posts. This didn't use to be a problem with me...

Ive scoured every nook and cranny of the program, I even contacted the creator. He told me "huh, I've never seen that before". Still trying to make the connection.

MrScott101
May 6th, 2011, 07:53 AM
what browsers are your using? for me I've been using IE, Firefox and Safari and they (for me) show up in each, but then again I haven't had them not show up!

nikvoodoo
May 6th, 2011, 11:12 AM
When I click on Hellbringer and Cosurvivor's names in a forum post, it gives me an option that isn't with any other registered user. "Give Away Points" so that's tied into the rep system/achievements. So maybe there's something to that.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5103/5694030012_bba691036e_b.jpg

TCM Revolver
May 6th, 2011, 11:33 AM
When I click on Hellbringer and Cosurvivor's names in a forum post, it gives me an option that isn't with any other registered user. "Give Away Points" so that's tied into the rep system/achievements. So maybe there's something to that.

You may have something there nik. I'll start looking into that tonight. Thanks!! :)

Hellbringer
May 6th, 2011, 04:13 PM
what browsers are your using? for me I've been using IE, Firefox and Safari and they (for me) show up in each, but then again I haven't had them not show up!

I'm using IE9 and Firefox 4. I tried looking at both to see if one was going bonkers on me. Maybe it's time for a Mac. ;)

Hellbringer
May 6th, 2011, 04:16 PM

Wow, I JUST saw that. So, intrigued now.

Hellbringer
May 14th, 2011, 09:00 AM
ok, my achievements started showing up again! I have a theory because I just got a new achievement (500 points) and all of them showed up. I think COSurvivor's achievements will show up once he hits that plateau as well.

Walrusgus
May 14th, 2011, 07:11 PM
ok, my achievements started showing up again! I have a theory because I just got a new achievement (500 points) and all of them showed up. I think COSurvivor's achievements will show up once he hits that plateau as well.

Hmm... it worked for me too. Oh well it's back to normal, but I can't explain it. Damn city folk and their flying machines.

nikvoodoo
Jun 11th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Time to rehash this issue: except this time, the experience system isn't giving points to some users. Again the same thing has shown up where the "Give away Points" has shown up when you click on their name, but the bug is just manifesting itself differently. Tandem25 hasn't received any user points in the last 48 hours from his posts, or tags.

So I'll just leave this here and see if someone can figure it out.

Hellbringer
Jun 11th, 2011, 09:31 PM
i've had the give away points option show up since you guys first noticed. I'll start keeping a list of those whose profile i click on and see that option for them.

Fishie
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I have got three friends now, but I haven't got the 'Three friends' achievement, does anyone know if there is a reason for this?