PDA

View Full Version : The Little One's

Eviebae
Apr 25th, 2011, 02:33 PM
What if they are pygmy zombies? They've found bones of pygmy Mastadons on an island where they evolved to be smaller due to the restricted food supply. They lasted longer there than anywhere else I believe.

My theory, that I have, which is to say is mine, is this*: Instead of depending on evolution, the zomboids seem to evolve quickly to fill a niche without depending on pesky reproduction. If they continue to evolve, and the food supply is dwindling, then violà, smaller is better.

A scarier idea is Ink breeding zombie babies.

*Anne E. Elk

COsurvivor
Apr 25th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Granted the smaller animals did out live the Dinosaurs...

I think these are just some crazy-hybrid as is Ink Man.

Ra1th
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:40 PM
it seems like these guys are ambushers, hunting from the rooftops and treetops. Perhaps the next evolution of jumpers. The one that hit tardust jumped out of a tree, and onto the passenger side door and latched on to him. And then back at the army base, Angel said there were two small ones on the roof, and that they were hunting Angel/kalani. Maybe they're a hybrid? a cross between a smart one and a jumper (dont ask how) they seem to have some level of intelligence, if they are to stalk their prey. Definitely seem more intelligent than the normals who just run at you on sight. Either way these things are among the most dangerous kind the tower's encountered.

kinda reminds me of the jockeys from L4d 2

http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Jockey.png
that's what I imagine they look like, but maybe smaller?

http://www.teamwarfare.com/content/news/l4d/l4d2/Jockey.jpg
and here's what they do to you in game

ObamaCat
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:42 PM
it seems like these guys are ambushers, hunting from the rooftops and treetops. Perhaps the next evolution of jumpers. The one that hit tardust jumped out of a tree, and onto the passenger side door and latched on to him. And then back at the army base, Angel said there were two small ones on the roof, and that they were hunting Angel/kalani. Maybe they're a hybrid? a cross between a smart one and a jumper (dont ask how) they seem to have some level of intelligence, if they are to stalk their prey. Definitely seem more intelligent than the normals who just run at you on sight. Either way these things are among the most dangerous kind the tower's encountered.

kinda reminds me of the jockeys from L4d 2

http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Jockey.png
that's what I imagine they look like, but maybe smaller?

http://www.teamwarfare.com/content/news/l4d/l4d2/Jockey.jpg
and here's what they do to you in game

I was just talking to Goodie and Anghil about this. Except I said that Jockey's remind me of Gatekeeper. You know: the rapist personality, and ..... the weird noises :p

If Gatekeeper ever goes zombie, that is what he's gonna look like.

j0be
Apr 26th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I agree about the gatekeeper-esque zombie, but the "little ones" remind me of the pack from Dead Space 2.
http://www.relyonhorror.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Dead_space_2_Necro_kid_2.jpg

yarri
Apr 26th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I think the little ones are kid zombies

Eviebae
Apr 26th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I think the little ones are kid zombies

But she said it was the smallest one she'd seen yet. She didn't describe it as a kid or kid sized. I wish they'd describe them in greater detail. Lots of them have to be naked now what with all the changing of shape. Are they male/female? What does their skin look like? their eyes? their teeth? Maybe KC is avoiding giving too much away or maybe it's just part of the general trend I've seen in writing away from physical descriptions.

yarri
Apr 26th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I know but Marcus in the colony had mentioned child zombies and how the dogs had taken one down off him and killed it when he couldn't. I would assume that the small ones could be child zombies or a variant on them as the larger ones have variations.

Ra1th
Apr 26th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I agree about the gatekeeper-esque zombie, but the "little ones" remind me of the pack from Dead Space 2.
http://www.relyonhorror.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Dead_space_2_Necro_kid_2.jpg

I fuckin hated those little buggers

j0be
Apr 26th, 2011, 02:46 PM
I fuckin hated those little buggers

At least they were easy to kill. They were just quick and came in ... packs... wow.

cycogod
Apr 26th, 2011, 02:56 PM
little kid zombies are fonky , you feel sorry for it and your done. that one's a hard call

Eviebae
Apr 26th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I know but Marcus in the colony had mentioned child zombies and how the dogs had taken one down off him and killed it when he couldn't. I would assume that the small ones could be child zombies or a variant on them as the larger ones have variations.

ooooo! Good call! So, there were kid zombies! I guess I'm just hoping it will be some new variant, and not kids.

NoReality95
Apr 26th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I just had a weird thought, Kelly and Tommy said Tommy's sister Lucy was infected, but they never said they killed her, what if we'll get an attack on the tower or something to do with the "little ones" and Kelly sees Lucy?

fairyfartz
Apr 26th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I just had a weird thought, Kelly and Tommy said Tommy's sister Lucy was infected, but they never said they killed her, what if we'll get an attack on the tower or something to do with the "little ones" and Kelly sees Lucy?

Yikes!

Eitri
Apr 26th, 2011, 05:46 PM
hey Dead space two had elemetry school age children necromorphs (space zombies). Hell they even went to the extreme of having Baby, yes i said BABY zombies that explode when you shoot them or if they get to close, so child zombies are a possiblility.
I rest my case.

ObamaCat
Apr 26th, 2011, 05:51 PM
little kid zombies are fonky , you feel sorry for it and your done. that one's a hard call

Close your eyes and pull the trigger. A zombie's a zombie. One can never feel sorry for them.

(Also post 200 for me :D)

yarri
Apr 26th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Close your eyes and pull the trigger. A zombie's a zombie. One can never feel sorry for them.

(Also post 200 for me :D)

I have to agree..Kitty, If it were one of my three I would do it as a mercy kill and hope that someone would do it for me if I had turned.

ObamaCat
Apr 26th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I have to agree..Kitty, If it were one of my three I would do it as a mercy kill and hope that someone would do it for me if I had turned.

I feel that if one of my family members got infected I'd lock them in a closet, or a barn like in the Walking Dead, until a cure was found. Unless I had to pull the trigger...

yarri
Apr 26th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I feel that if one of my family members got infected I'd lock them in a closet, or a barn like in the Walking Dead, until a cure was found. Unless I had to pull the trigger...

Would you really want to live till a cure could be found and possibly risk knowing you had eaten someone? Maybe someone you loved?

fairyfartz
Apr 26th, 2011, 06:05 PM
My oldest said he didn't want to be with the family in an outbreak. It would be too hard to have to put us down.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. That was just about the sweetest thing he's ever said. lol.

shananala8
Apr 26th, 2011, 09:33 PM
As part of the "rapid mutation" theory, it's worth noting that in 7-3 when Zombies were being tagged with the trackers, they VERY quickly built up a tolerance to the chloroform that was being used.

Ra1th
Apr 26th, 2011, 09:35 PM
As part of the "rapid evolution" theory, it's worth noting that in 7-3 when Zombies were being tagged with the trackers, they VERY quickly built up a tolerance to the chloroform that was being used.

its mutation, evolution takes reproduction

shananala8
Apr 26th, 2011, 10:05 PM

I acknowledge the error, but with these little ones, who's to say that they aren't the result of reproduction? In the behemoths we've already seen examples of rapid growth, and zombies breeding with each other could serve to expedite such a process even further. These little ones are a recent addition and their prior absence from the stage could be due to their recent births.

Ra1th
Apr 26th, 2011, 10:06 PM
I acknowledge the error, but with these little ones, who's to say that they aren't the result of reproduction? In the behemoths we've already seen examples of rapid growth, and zombies breeding with each other could serve to expedite such a process even further. These little ones are a recent addition and their prior absence from the stage could be due to their recent births.

definitely possible, kind of a scary thought too

Eviebae
Apr 26th, 2011, 10:38 PM

Evolution = mutation + survival benefit which allows for greater reproduction. So, how does the zombie virus...mutagen...alien population control...whatever it is know what a good direction to mutate in is?

Luna Guardian
Apr 26th, 2011, 11:08 PM
definitely possible, kind of a scary thought too

Does it constitute as necrophilia? 'Cause that's just wrong, y'know

Rock Daddy
Apr 27th, 2011, 06:11 AM
But she said it was the smallest one she'd seen yet. She didn't describe it as a kid or kid sized. I wish they'd describe them in greater detail. Lots of them have to be naked now what with all the changing of shape. Are they male/female? What does their skin look like? their eyes? their teeth? Maybe KC is avoiding giving too much away or maybe it's just part of the general trend I've seen in writing away from physical descriptions.

I try to imagine the appearances a lot too, but I think that's part of the fun. It lets your mind be creative. But I'm thinking they are kids too

nikvoodoo
Apr 27th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I have to say that I'm having the hardest time getting the mental image of Chuckie out of my head with the little ones. I realize it's not true, but I see in my head Chuckie's arm bouncing around the truck right now

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 27th, 2011, 09:03 AM
I keep seeing a larger version of the "It's Alive" babies.

Eviebae
Apr 27th, 2011, 01:11 PM
I try to imagine the appearances a lot too, but I think that's part of the fun. It lets your mind be creative. But I'm thinking they are kids too

Yeah, I get that, but I feel like there's too little for me to form a mental picture. Anyone else think they are going to either find something out about the zombies from that arm; or, it's going to make someone into a zombie?

Rock Daddy
Apr 28th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I get that, but I feel like there's too little for me to form a mental picture. Anyone else think they are going to either find something out about the zombies from that arm; or, it's going to make someone into a zombie?

I think there's more of a chance that it is going to infect someone. I think it may even do something strange... Like reanimate or start regenerating into a new little one...

Eviebae
Apr 28th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I think it may even do something strange... Like reanimate or start regenerating into a new little one...

Whoa! That is both cool and creepy!

Eitri
May 5th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Ok, so after listening to chapter 21 part 2 about 3 to 4 times and then Chapter three i have come to this conclusion.
Remember In CH 3 when Burt says the name of the science company clearence badge on the smart zombie attacks saul? And remember When Kalani talks about ground Zero, in the center of the city? I beleive that Test subject #5 is a mutated human guina pig from the science company. The number 5 was tatooed on his arm, probably for keeping track of the person/thing. Scientists do mark their test subjects with numbers so they can easily remember what they did to said creature.
Maybe there are other test subjects running around that we dont know about.

SMVENOM
May 5th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Ok, so after listening to chapter 21 part 2 about 3 to 4 times and then Chapter three i have come to this conclusion.
Remember In CH 3 when Burt says the name of the science company clearence badge on the smart zombie attacks saul? And remember When Kalani talks about ground Zero, in the center of the city? I beleive that Test subject #5 is a mutated human guina pig from the science company. The number 5 was tatooed on his arm, probably for keeping track of the person/thing. Scientists do mark their test subjects with numbers so they can easily remember what they did to said creature.
Maybe there are other test subjects running around that we dont know about.

The zombie being a test subject is the only thing that sounds logical to me. I thought the same thing when Lizzie said it had a 5 tattooed on it.

Private Parts
May 6th, 2011, 10:35 AM
i reckon its ink in the arena doing experiments maybe patching dead bits together and stuff hence the extra fingers. maybe ink isn't actually infected and is creating more and more at the arena? what would he do in his spare time?

nikvoodoo
May 6th, 2011, 10:47 AM
i reckon its ink in the arena doing experiments maybe patching dead bits together and stuff hence the extra fingers. maybe ink isn't actually infected and is creating more and more at the arena? what would he do in his spare time?

Please oh please stop saying its Ink in the arena piecing things together. This is not possible. And again, if it comes to light that Ink is actually creating things in this manner, I call complete and utter shenanigans against logic.

The knowledge and medical expertise needed to piece together anything and make it functional, not to mention the equipment (ie ELECTRICITY) isn't available anymore. Yes, these things might have been created before the outbreak but there is no way that I can see where the zombies are capable of making a Franken-zombie.

Again, I challenge any of the Franken-zombie shippers to prove to me how this is even remotely possible.

Kc
May 6th, 2011, 12:04 PM
To clarify "Endless Fingers" does not mean more than 5, just that they were Long.

j0be
May 6th, 2011, 12:05 PM
To clarify "Endless Fingers" does not mean more than 5, just that they were Long.

Thank you for ending this line of debate!

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 6th, 2011, 12:22 PM

ahhh crap! And here I was thinking they had some MR. Fantastic thing going on and they were stretched all the way across the Big pond helping little North Korean orphans pick the pockets of wealthy South Koreans..

Kc
May 6th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Yeah, it was getting a little out of control.

Leedo2502
May 6th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Yeah, it was getting a little out of control.

With the Badge wearing Zombie on Burts roof I was hoping that if the "Endless Fingers" people were right that it meant they were receptionists or something and had mad typing skillz.

For the record I just thought that it meant long fingers (which may mean they were proctologists before turning??)

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 6th, 2011, 12:40 PM
With the Badge wearing Zombie on Burts roof I was hoping that if the "Endless Fingers" people were right that it meant they were receptionists or something and had mad typing skillz.

For the record I just thought that it meant long fingers (which may mean they were proctologists before turning??)

heheh.. That was a good one...

Eitri
May 6th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Hey im just theroizing, puttin out my two cents

nikvoodoo
May 6th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Hey im just theroizing, puttin out my two cents

No, you're fine. You're saying scientists created something. That's fine and far more plausible.

My issue is with those who say Ink/TOWTM is able to take pieces of dead flesh from a pile and reanimate them as a functional thing.

Snickelsox
May 6th, 2011, 04:11 PM
If the new zombies were made from peices you would think they would have mentioned the skin being distinctly different colors in some places. Maybe they are made by a different strain of virus, one that can't be transferred but must be planted by some mad scientist figure. This would mean that either there is a genius zombie brain somewhere or that there is a human still making zombies. I wonder why someone would do that... Just my 2 cents.

cycogod
May 6th, 2011, 04:17 PM
you know whats long and green and smells like miss piggy ? oh my goodness - u said finger

Private Parts
May 8th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Please oh please stop saying its Ink in the arena piecing things together. This is not possible. And again, if it comes to light that Ink is actually creating things in this manner, I call complete and utter shenanigans against logic.

The knowledge and medical expertise needed to piece together anything and make it functional, not to mention the equipment (ie ELECTRICITY) isn't available anymore. Yes, these things might have been created before the outbreak but there is no way that I can see where the zombies are capable of making a Franken-zombie.

Again, I challenge any of the Franken-zombie shippers to prove to me how this is even remotely possible.

Do we ask Kc to prove that zombies exist? No. Do we ask him to prove that the big ones are possible? No. This is still a bloody good story without having any explaination for it all yet I didnt say that this was the one anyway. But the ink thing is my idea. His dillusions from being paranoid scitzophrenic make him attack people like an animal. It would also mean he has some mind to make the traps type in codes and shit. If he can do that who says he cant make an inkenastiens monster?

Parts

Wicked Sid
May 8th, 2011, 02:18 PM
His paranoid schizophrenia wouldn't really cause a visual hallucination... P. Schizophrenia is mainly auditory and is the most common form, which leads me to wonder 'why wouldn't there be more of him if that is the reason he functions so highly?'

Unless he was some sort of a theoretical biologist (i.e. Mad Scientist with experiments) and/or that the infection somehow increased his intelligence/brain activity ten fold (also depends on how smart he was in life), there is no way that he'd be able to make an 'inkenastiens monster'.

rottenash
May 8th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I think he is one of the "successful" subjects of some mad scientist(s) out there...the others are experiments gone wrong or were altered in different ways to be used for diferent reasons (ie subject#5). But they all look to him as a leader, and are able to interact with his zombie moan talk, and in so..learning from him. It all started off slow, but now they are getting smarter.

Teethingbiscuit
May 8th, 2011, 04:32 PM
I don't think religion has a play here but I thought there could have been connotations of it. such as a quote of something like, "I don't think that was ever human." daemon? demons?
It is a theory I haven't heard yet but if god were involved...
No bite

Snickelsox
May 8th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I don't think religion has a play here but I thought there could have been connotations of it. such as a quote of something like, "I don't think that was ever human." daemon? demons?
No bite
A sort of "cleansing" of the earth kind of thing. While I think we will se some people in the story who believe this I don't think it's really the cause. That would be way to cheap if all the sudden " oh, looks like God did it."

Eviebae
May 8th, 2011, 08:25 PM
No bite

But God set a rainbow in the sky...oh wait, that's just sayin' no more floods... I guess then God's operating on a legal loop hole. Makes it seem a bit more Lovecraftian.