Kc
Apr 24th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Getting this up early.

WestonWisdom
Apr 24th, 2011, 07:35 PM
*Begins wild speculation*

Pikepaw
Apr 24th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Just going to say right off the bat, if that title isn't a Revelation reference I will be very surprised. I can see other things it can reference as well though. Pretty epic title

Th3_T3ch
Apr 24th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I think we will learn more about Scratch and about how she got her scar.

WestonWisdom
Apr 24th, 2011, 07:42 PM
I think we will learn more about Scratch and about how she got her scar.

Didn't think of that, she certainly is a beast of a woman

Lost in translation:Beast = Strong, its a positive thing.

timberwoof
Apr 24th, 2011, 08:03 PM
With this Title, should be an interesting episode for sure.

nikvoodoo
Apr 24th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I like the idea on scratch, but who here wants to put their hat on it relating to The One With The Markings? That beast is all marked the f*** up...

Ra1th
Apr 24th, 2011, 08:37 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if it was both. These titles always have double meanings

and hell, its about time Ink showed up. shit's about to hit the fan.

ObamaCat
Apr 24th, 2011, 09:27 PM
INK IS BACK BABY! :D (I hope)

COsurvivor
Apr 24th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Whenever I saw "Mark" used in a title it means hell or devil or demon. I wonder if Mark means leaving one's mark on another... I am very very intrigued now.

What hell is our Towerists getting into this time? What Beast will they be confronted with this time? How will KC and the Gang scare me senseless this time?

Luna Guardian
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Maybe Mark is actually a name? A smart one named Mark? The "of the Beast" could be a last name, kinda like "von Rippentrop".

To be honest though, I think it means Scratch or Ink

Arkum
Apr 25th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Scratch and Ink giving Lindsey some new markings....ominous

fraggot
Apr 25th, 2011, 06:26 AM
This would be the day I forget to bring my headphones to work. :(

Luckily I work about 5 minutes from home, may have to take a trip home.

IAmBabs
Apr 25th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Didn't think of that, she certainly is a beast of a woman

Lost in translation:Beast = Strong, its a positive thing.

I like that line of thinking, as well as the thought that Ink is making a return.

cycogod
Apr 25th, 2011, 06:57 AM
INK IS BACK BABY! :D (I hope)

we needs some zombie mayhem..

Zombiehead
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:09 AM
YAY! Something new to talk about!

Just going to say right off the bat, if that title isn't a Revelation reference I will be very surprised. I can see other things it can reference as well though. Pretty epic title

I won't be able to listen to the new chapter until late tonight *sniffle* but just to add on what you said with a touch of quick research on "Mark of the Beast"

"The charagma was also a type of brand. In Roman times, disobedient slaves were often branded with marks of ownership, much like cattle are today. Religious tattooing was also widespread. Soldiers had a custom of branding themselves with the name of a favorite general. Devotees of a god labeled themselves with tattoos to designate their loyal devotion."

COsurvivor
Apr 25th, 2011, 08:12 AM
...but just to add on what you said with a touch of quick research on "Mark of the Beast"

"The charagma was also a type of brand. In Roman times, disobedient slaves were often branded with marks of ownership, much like cattle are today. Religious tattooing was also widespread. Soldiers had a custom of branding themselves with the name of a favorite general. Devotees of a god labeled themselves with tattoos to designate their loyal devotion."

I also think that a "MARK" will be placed on someone at the tower or now that I think about is as I write this... Maybe someone has that "MARK" and will show their true self now??? OH OH OH, I hope this is it, I want to know who the "inside man" is!

VeritableHero
Apr 25th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Ink, Scratch, & Pippin all in one episode? Good gravy, this was one jam-packed episode. Pippin got messed up really bad so I'm guessing he'll be willing to reveal the Maller's destination. Can we trust him, though?

Helicopters is also a good idea instead of planes. That would be much easier to take off & land, just not as easy to haul as much people/supplies.

Luna Guardian
Apr 25th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Remind me again, who's Pippin?

That sure wasn't what I thought the Mallers were doing. A very nice twist!

The One With the Markings
Apr 25th, 2011, 09:10 AM
I must say...great episode.

Cutting-T
Apr 25th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Now, what were the mallers doing with those tankers?...

Great episode, can't wait to find out who 'Pippin' is...

Though Finally the ZOMBIES are back!

With the 'Little Ones' in full force!!!

nikvoodoo
Apr 25th, 2011, 09:18 AM
1. Congrats to all those who said the Mallers kept slaves. They obviously did do so, which I'm pretty sure goes to my point that they aren't the nicest people ever. Anyone that got shacked up with them at the mall on accident fell into the hierarchy of the prisoners.

2. Another huge strategic mistake by the Tower for using the radio still. And because the Mallers had technology that the Tower doesn't have, I betcha the only people up North that heard Michael's "We found help down south" message were the Mallers.

3. (MY BIG ASSUMPTION OF THE DAY) what do you think is going to happen when the Mallers make it down South to the Colony? Apparently Scratch and "Gatekeeper" are friendly now...that might be some big trouble (for the Tower and for Colony residents).

4. Big ups to Lizzy for realizing they were walking into a trap. Damn shame no one listened.

5.does the chapter artwork look like an arena on fire to anyone else but me?

Meeks
Apr 25th, 2011, 09:43 AM
You're not the only one who thinks that Nik. It caught my eye the first time I saw the art work on the site. So much going on in this episode. I can't wait to hear what happens with the Mallers, as they seem to be a bit better organized now than before. I'm worried how it's going to work out with trying to get Lizzie and move over to Fort Irwin.

My 2 cents: They're going to move over to Fort Irwin, scouting team finds Mallers, mutiny occurs, brings Lizzie out of Mallers' hands and back to Fort Irwin. I think our buddy Pippin in a scout for the mallers.

COsurvivor
Apr 25th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Frakin Wicked!!! I am stunned and I WANT MORE!!!

ObamaCat
Apr 25th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Wow. Flippin' fantastic, this chapter is gonna be the shit. I'm really digging Pipin and Bricks, I think they'll both prove very useful in the times to come.

Now with the Mallers on the road, was Lizzy's "no" just her seeing that the Mallers ditched the mall, or is KC + co backtracking for their trip on the road?

This chapter also begs the question, is Pipin a Maller scout, or a defect to the Tower? Perhaps both sides will have their rat now, or Pipin will point out the rat.

:3

AdrianHD
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Pippin? Sounds completely familiar, not coming to me though.

Glad to hear Ink is still alive and chilling out with the Little Ones too!

HardKor
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:14 AM
This chapter also begs the question, is Pipin a Maller scout, or a defect to the Tower? Perhaps both sides will have their rat now, or Pipin will point out the rat.

:3

Scratch did say in 20-3 that she was going to "drop off Pippin" so either he is a spy, or she beat the crap out of him and left him for dead and he made it to the Tower by luck.

ObamaCat
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:14 AM

Looking at it now, it totally does. Unless it's the Maller's new residence I can't see it being anything other than the Arena.

Scratch did say in 20-3 that she was going to "drop off Pippin" so either he is a spy, or she beat the crap out of him and left him for dead and he made it to the Tower by luck.

Either way it sounds like he's a valuable addition to the Tower :)

Kc
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Now with the Mallers on the road, was Lizzy's "no" just her seeing that the Mallers ditched the mall.

Confirmed.

ObamaCat
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Confirmed.

Alright. Thanks KC. Also nice # of posts: 666...

Wait, wait, wait. If she said she's going to "drop him off", perhaps the Mallers are planting him in the Tower?

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:26 AM
1. Congrats to all those who said the Mallers kept slaves. They obviously did do so, which I'm pretty sure goes to my point that they aren't the nicest people ever. Anyone that got shacked up with them at the mall on accident fell into the hierarchy of the prisoners.

2. Another huge strategic mistake by the Tower for using the radio still. And because the Mallers had technology that the Tower doesn't have, I betcha the only people up North that heard Michael's "We found help down south" message were the Mallers.

3. (MY BIG ASSUMPTION OF THE DAY) what do you think is going to happen when the Mallers make it down South to the Colony? Apparently Scratch and "Gatekeeper" are friendly now...that might be some big trouble (for the Tower and for Colony residents).

4. Big ups to Lizzy for realizing they were walking into a trap. Damn shame no one listened.

The art looks EXACTLY like an "Arena" on fire... *clears throat* I wonder.... hm...hmmm...

Wait! Nik you said "apparently Scratch and the Gatekeeper are friendly now?" HUH? did I miss something?

Ok. so I can apologize to KC for all my bitch'n about people traveling willy nilly around LA without fear (even though dude said he wasn't scared of the normal ones). They can only travel around HALF willy nilly. LOL!

My one question is... well maybe two questions: Is this story real time or prior to Lizzie's 'Noooo.." from the last chapter????
If it's real time, then what happened between 20 and 21??

ObamaCat
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:27 AM
The art looks EXACTLY like an "Arena" on fire... *clears throat* I wonder.... hm...hmmm...

Wait! Nik you said "apparently Scratch and the Gatekeeper are friendly now?" HUH? did I miss something?

Ok. so I can apologize to KC for all my bitch'n about people traveling willy nilly around LA without fear (even though dude said he wasn't scared of the normal ones). They can only travel around HALF willy nilly. LOL!

My one question is... well maybe two questions: Is this story real time or prior to Lizzie's 'Noooo.." from the last chapter????
If it's real time, then what happened between 20 and 21??

Check KC's post above.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Confirmed.

Well damn! Never mind my comment then! LOL.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Cat,

I hadn't gotten that far in the thread yet. LOL.. I got antsy.
Anyone pay attention to the part about raiding police stations? Those guys have seriously been proactive about arming up!

Meeks
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Wait, wait, wait. If she said she's going to "drop him off", perhaps the Mallers are planting him in the Tower?
My thoughts exactly :)

Cutting-T
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I don't know why, but I think that the arm of the 'Little One' in the truck may do something....
Pippin also appears to have an awsome voice, wether he's good or bad though is still to be seen.
I'm pretty sure now though that Bricks will end up a good-guy, considering how hesitant he was to leave the slaves to die at the Zombies' hands.

Th3_T3ch
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:37 AM
The artwork is probably the Mall after the Mallers ditched it. Pippin is a spy, in 20-3 Scratch said they hadn't heard from the other person in quite a while. I'm assuming she was talking about the rat and that she wanted a second person in there to get more information on the tower. I am happy Ink made a reappearance, I was missing the zombie action, and my theory on Kalani might have just gotten a giant hole in it.

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I think that Scratch was planting another mole. In the last episode she said she was going to drop Pippin off. I wonder if she beat the crap out of him to make it look like he had been surviving on his own. I'm anxious to see what Pippin will do in the next chapter; will he be a spy for the Mallers, or will he fess up and tell Michael, "Scratch is a crazy bitch. She wanted me to rat you guys out, but now that I'm here, I just want to chill with you guys." Either way, he is not to be trusted. I'm hoping that when he interacts with the rest of the Tower we see an awkward moment between him and Kelly, revealing her as the original mole!

That's pretty awesome that Ink was commanding the hordes in the ambush. Now I'm starting to think that he could possibly be the same one that was in the arena. Not sure yet.

So what's going on with Scratch? I'm going to have to listen again because there was so much going on, but did they imply that Scratch's "friends" might be the people at the colony? I guess Durai is dead or was dethroned by the Big Boss Lady.

[EDIT] My bad. Upon relistening I realize that when Bricks says, "You think it's her friends" he wasn't referring to Scratch being friends with the Colony but rather Lizzie's friends, the folks from the tower. Still, it seems like Scratch may have been leading the convoy to the colony. The map shows that they are to take 110. That freeway leads south towards the beach house, then you head east and you are at the colony.

Maybe Lizzie's "Oh no." from the previous episode was the moment she realized they were driving away from the location of the mall, heading south rather than North? They were heading south on 110, right? Or were they headed east on 10? Ah, heck, I'm off to relisten to 20-3 and 21-1.

nikvoodoo
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:47 AM
The artwork is probably the Mall after the Mallers ditched it.

The Mallers Mall is a strip mall. That looks like a structurally enclosed place. And it's on fire. That would be a rather important thing to know since Burt and Saul are in the mall right now searching for clues.

So what's going on with Scratch? I'm going to have to listen again because there was so much going on, but did they imply that Scratch's "friends" might be the people at the colony? I guess Durai is dead or was dethroned by the Big Boss Lady.

It could be the Colony (as I threw out earlier in my first post labeled "Big Assumption of the Day") but there's nothing to prove that yet.

See above. My stating the Colony/Mallers contact was my big assumption of the day.

WestonWisdom
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I had an admiral ackar moment when he said the road was supposed to be clear, but I had only just re-listened to Chapter 6.

I think the artwork looks like the Arena on fire, Durai did have big plans for those tankers after all, that's a lot of fuel presuming they managed to fill all the ones in their territory, but I think the idea of it being the mall are probably correct, it did sound like a convoy.

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:52 AM
[EDIT] My bad. Upon relistening I realize that when Bricks says, "You think it's her friends" he wasn't referring to Scratch being friends with the Colony but rather Lizzie's friends, the folks from the tower. Still, it seems like Scratch may have been leading the convoy to the colony. The map shows that they are to take 110. That freeway leads south towards the beach house, then you head east and you are at the colony.

nikvoodoo
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Here we go. Maybe this is what Kc was talking about in terms of the clue we were missing: The Maller Convoy was on 110. 110, according to the We're Alive map, goes up to Pasadena (and the Arena) and 110 also cuts through the heart of L.A. and down to the Beach House MPK holed up in that one night...Meaning close to the Colony. So....the eternal question right now is: North? Or South?

NoReality95
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Great episode! But I'm freaking out about one thing, Kalani and the others say they see someone calling out to Pippin, perhaps it's the mole. If that's true, we may finally know who the mole is. Also the fact that we now saw some of the "Little Ones" with Ink I'm wondering where they all came from, I mean really, how long were they waiting there for the Mallers or anyone to come by?

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 25th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I'm assuming that the theories of Durai's demise are incorrect due to the story about Bricks saving his life. He didn't say anything in past tense about him.
From Pippen's behavior, it seems that ALL the mallers know about the tower's cameras. Sucks that they've been able to listen in on their broadcasts, but it is CB radio. It's been past time they used Walkie Talkies!

WestonWisdom
Apr 25th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Ripping somebodies head off causes a lot of blood, even if it isn't pumping, perhaps he was/is infected and he is turning slowly, he doesn't seem to be in charge anymore.

nikvoodoo
Apr 25th, 2011, 11:03 AM
There's also a scouting party ahead of them. If Durai is still alive, he might be with that advanced scouting team. I hope we find out once the Mallers stop their travels and get to their location.

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 25th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Here we go. Maybe this is what Kc was talking about in terms of the clue we were missing: The Maller Convoy was on 110. 110, according to the We're Alive map, goes up to Pasadena (and the Arena) and 110 also cuts through the heart of L.A. and down to the Beach House MPK holed up in that one night...Meaning close to the Colony. So....the eternal question right now is: North? Or South?

Oh! That's right! Theynever said if they were headed north or south! I'm starting to think that maybe they were headed towards the arena after all, based on the chapter art. With a big rig full of fuel, it wouldn't be difficult to blow up the arena!

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 25th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I think he's still in charge. Someone planned the missions and Scratch isn't a planner... she's a "Doer" I'm not trying to start anything here (Ra1th), but she's an "Angel" type character. She's...

jeffatopolis
Apr 25th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Its also possible that this was a plan that Durai came up with before he died that Scratch is carrying out now. I'd like to believe that he's dead, but since there wasn't a big deal made about it,...

Bulldog711
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:09 PM
The very troubling thing about the scene with the Maller's Convoy was that only Lizzy could see that the turned over dumptruck was a trap.....it seems as though the Maller's have very little field experiance with the Zombies, especially compared to the members of the Tower who sucessfully used the zombies against the mallers.......I would like to think that the convoy will stutter into the Colony or the Arena......I am pushing for the Arena.....

Very unlikely and Left Field idea.........have the mallers struck a deal with INK?

Kiwi of the Dead
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:10 PM
I guess we can assume the Mallers heard Michael's broadcast from the colony? Maybe that's why they're on the move.

...I don't trust Pippen.

nikvoodoo
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Very unlikely and Left Field idea.........have the mallers struck a deal with INK?

If they struck a deal with Ink (assumed still! There's no confirmation that Ink has been in We're Alive other than in the DVR in Chapter 2), he's obviously reneged on the deal since he led an attack on the Mallers Convoy.

Might I just point out, that once again convoy's and large gatherings of humans get attacked by zombies with force. It happened to the Other Tower, and it happened to the Mallers. The Tower's small scouting and scavenging parties might be one of the only things that allows them to make the huge mistakes they have made and survived.

Bulldog711
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Pippen......COME ON KC!!!!! As a fellow englishman this is quite an addition......Pippen cannot be his REAL name, how many chuckles did you have coming up with this character???? Is this a homage to South Park? Maybe in the next chapter he will ask Michael, "Please sir, can I have some more ammo?"

HAHAHAHA.....fantastic cliffhanger.....is it May 2nd yet?

lkiam
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:25 PM

On page 2 of this thread, if you hover over the green bars under "The One with the Markings" profile name, it says "The One with the Markings is starting to side with the Mallers..."
What does this mean??

Bulldog711
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:28 PM
On page 2 of this thread, if you hover over the green bars under "The One with the Markings" profile name, it says "The One with the Markings is starting to side with the Mallers..."
What does this mean??

I dont see this on Page 2

IAmBabs
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Pippen......COME ON KC!!!!! As a fellow englishman this is quite an addition......Pippen cannot be his REAL name, how many chuckles did you have coming up with this character???? Is this a homage to South Park? Maybe in the next chapter he will ask Michael, "Please sir, can I have some more ammo?"

HAHAHAHA.....fantastic cliffhanger.....is it May 2nd yet?

I was thinking more like Pippen and Merry from Lord of the Rings here.

lkiam
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I dont see this on Page 2

At the bottom. On the post made by The One with the Markings.

nikvoodoo
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Don't look to far into the Rep description of The One With the Markings. Anyone who gets a low enough rep will gain that title.

Kc
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I was thinking more like Pippen and Merry from Lord of the Rings here.
It's a few homages. I didn't think of the one from South Park. Oddly enough, Pippin (How we spell it), was on the original website when we started... and he just now decided to appear in the series ;)

Bulldog711
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:34 PM
IKIAM; found it.......intersting....I did not know of this lil Easter Egg.........things could get interesting!

IAamBabs; THat could very well be a hint! Or its KC just using the most sterotypical "english" name out there.......bloody hysterical

Cutting-T
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I had an admiral ackar moment when he said the road was supposed to be clear, but I had only just re-listened to Chapter 6.

I think the artwork looks like the Arena on fire, Durai did have big plans for those tankers after all, that's a lot of fuel presuming they managed to fill all the ones in their territory, but I think the idea of it being the mall are probably correct, it did sound like a convoy.

Now that's a very good theory, the tankers being used to set whatever(propably the arena) is in the artwork...ON FIRE >:-D

AdrianHD
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Pippen's definitely going to lead to the discovery of the mole. The Tower's about to turn into a giant drama bomb.

EDIT: So wait, someone called out to Pippen as he was approaching the Tower. Where does that stand?

Bulldog711
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Is the Actor playing Pippin English?

Edit; Is the Character an Actor....this is LA after all

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 25th, 2011, 01:56 PM
The song at Tardust is blaring on the radio reminds me of the theme song from Firefly.

I may be reading into things too much, but there is a part where Scratch shouts, "Get out of the killzone." That word, killzone, seems to me to be an uncommon thing for a civilian to say. Could Scratch have some military training? Is that why she knows our blonde boy-o?

Bulldog711
Apr 25th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I am going to check this out...... If scratch calls out the killzone then odds are the slaves were a peace offering.
The song at Tardust is blaring on the radio reminds me of the theme song from Firefly.

I may be reading into things too much, but there is a part where Scratch shouts, "Get out of the killzone." That word, killzone, seems to me to be an uncommon thing for a civilian to say. Could Scratch have some military training? Is that why she knows our blonde boy-o?

Eviebae
Apr 25th, 2011, 02:51 PM

Proving that you can take the sky from me...

Come to think of it, why were they blaring music and making a ruckus? That attracts the zombies! Again, indications that the ambient threat level has gone down--possibly because Ink is having a party at his place.

ryanlm09
Apr 25th, 2011, 03:05 PM
This is totally irrellevant but when I listened to this, I had just finished listening to the Leviathan Chronicals and for a second I thought I heard Harlequinn at the end lol

neilpower
Apr 25th, 2011, 03:30 PM
It can’t be a coincidence that days after the Colony coup, the Mallers suddenly packed up and are all moving to a new location. The Mallers must have sent a few of their men in as survivors into the Colony to cause trouble and get their current leadership overthrown. Once that is done and the infiltrators have control from inside, the rest of the Mallers can drive right up to the gates and inside before anyone else can stop them. The Mallers must have been eyeing that place for weeks and would explain why they left the Tower alone.

SuperSerge76
Apr 25th, 2011, 03:37 PM

I was just about to post something like this. Ever since Scratch and Angel came face to face, Ive always been trying to figure out how they knew each other... The military might be it...

Th3_T3ch
Apr 25th, 2011, 03:59 PM
The Idea that the Mallers are headed to the Colony is plausable, but unlikely. I see how they would want a better place to live, but then how would Durai have known to save the tankers. Next question...

Leedo2502
Apr 25th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Holy Crap! After listening to that ambush scene I'm going to be a bit antsy. They totally had the feeling of an ambush down.

I really hope Bricks turns out to be "one of the good guys"

bequita
Apr 25th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I was just about to post something like this. Ever since Scratch and Angel came face to face, Ive always been trying to figure out how they knew each other... The military might be it...

Angel was "fresh out of officer school" (per Michael...which I assume means he didn't see much action in the field) and Scratch has been in lock up for some time. She did a month in a half in solitaire, meaning she did some serious time probably parallel to when Angel was in training.

I don't think Angel would withhold such pertinent information as, "Hey crazybitch Scratch has military training." If they do know each other, it's from a darker circle they ran in before his military training...maybe she taught him to hotwire cars (Kalani mentions he knows Angel can do this, even though nobody else in the tower has ever mentioned it and Angel is puzzled at how he can know this...further implicating Kalani as an ex-maller?)

ryanlm09
Apr 25th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Just looked at Fort Irwin on Google maps... looks do-able with helicopters, but I'm sure it won't be that easy. Who's to say that the fort isn't inhabited already? And what if there are different mutations that far from the arena? Also, with two helicopters, they are gonna have to make a couple of trips back and forth for moving their supplies. This means lots of attention drawn to the tower when landing, increasing the risk in every trip and decreasing fuel for the helicopters. Unless they find some suped up Chinook helicopter, which would be BA

fairyfartz
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Getting back to the page 2 post.....the one with the markings is starting to side with the mallers. Who do we know with markings at the tower? What are the markings? Scars or tattoos?

fairyfartz
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:06 PM
He has 5 posts and 3 awards.. Datu hummer and shovel.

laxspartan007
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:39 PM
i cannot hear this episode because the audio play on the main site is not working properly... ;(

Wicked Sid
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Getting back to the page 2 post.....the one with the markings is starting to side with the mallers. Who do we know with markings at the tower? What are the markings? Scars or tattoos?

You're reading way too far into that account.

*Sunglasses* Nothing to see here, move along.

HorrorHiro
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:49 PM
The Mallers are slavers. That's something that we have to get some backstory about. Something tells me that Pippin will be the source of this story.

MrScott101
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Mark of the Beast, well mark one is Ink coming back, mark two might be either Saul's wound or Scratch's scar?

Kc
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:56 PM
i cannot hear this episode because the audio play on the main site is not working properly... ;(
Fixed! Stupid player...

laxspartan007
Apr 25th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Fixed! Stupid player...

OH MY GOD, THANK YOU KC!!! for a moment i was thinking i should go download itunes ;)

mobyfreerunner
Apr 25th, 2011, 08:36 PM
OH MY GOD, THANK YOU KC!!! for a moment i was thinking i should go download itunes ;)
why not download from itunes? u get it immediately it comes out and u can re-listen to episodes :D
Anyways wats up guys, awesome episode! immediately Tar mention that the roads were trapped i was exactly like lizzi, i was screaming AMBUSH! lol (in my mind of course) yah i totally saw that coming, and it sounded amazing,
im very interested in the little 'uns, i'm very excited to see the return of Ink and the specialized zombies
imma admit i didn't recognize pippin until came onto these forums, and there is no doubt in my mind that he was sent by the mallers as a spy, things are about to get hella interesting in the tower :D

shadow
Apr 25th, 2011, 08:46 PM
I think the marked one will be the mole, I also think the way that bricks told tar no you won't means he will help lizzy get away and back to the tower. Actually everyone that has had some speculations in this thread sound right. Confused., need more episodes. Anyone have a time machine

Cutting-T
Apr 26th, 2011, 12:11 AM
It can’t be a coincidence that days after the Colony coup, the Mallers suddenly packed up and are all moving to a new location. The Mallers must have sent a few of their men in as survivors into the Colony to cause trouble and get their current leadership overthrown. Once that is done and the infiltrators have control from inside, the rest of the Mallers can drive right up to the gates and inside before anyone else can stop them. The Mallers must have been eyeing that place for weeks and would explain why they left the Tower alone.

However, it is evident that whatever they we're planning they have beeen planning since chapter 6, before they went after the tower.

mascaria
Apr 26th, 2011, 03:34 AM
However, it is evident that whatever they we're planning they have beeen planning since chapter 6, before they went after the tower.

Which is why they needed all those tankers in the first place right? Wouldn't it be fun to find out the Mallets are headed to the fort that the tower is headed for?

Arkum
Apr 26th, 2011, 04:50 AM
"The Mark of the Beast" could also imply that one of the survivors is marked as a target for the beast (say Ink wants one of them, for instance).

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 26th, 2011, 05:22 AM
I'm thinking that the Mark of the Beast has several references in this chapter; Scratches scar, Ink's tattoos, the road block marking an ambush, the cut on Lizzie's leg from that tardust sob who tried to rape her, whatever Saul plans to do (leave his mark on the Mallers because right now, that boy is in beast-mode), and possibly some tattoo that Pippin has that would identify him as having been in prison, like a gang tat or something.

At first I believe the Mallers were headed towards the colony, going south on 110. But after I heard about and saw the chapter art I immediately felt that the Mallers were headed for the arena. What thier reasons are for heading there I don't know. Maybe they were going to offer the slaves to Ink or something, but I can't see how that would make sense. A truce between humans and biters just doesn't seem likely to me. Perhaps they were headed there to exterminate the nest, taking tankers full of gas to burn the arena down. Or maybe they were on thier way to a new home (with a definite locale in mind) and just happened to catch Ink's attention.

I don't think they are going too far though because if they planted Pippin at the Tower, that means they are going to stick close by. If they were leaving the state they'd probably give two shits about the Tower. Hmmm, maybe the Mallers were going on an all out offensive: eliminate the zombie threat by burning down the arena, then return to the Tower with Pippin as your inside man and take over. If the Tower was able to use the zombies as cavalry in the last fight, what happens if you take away that support? IDK, there is just so much that could happen. Is it Monday yet?

IAmBabs
Apr 26th, 2011, 06:11 AM
I have to say, I'm very interested in Lizzy this season. I can't help but wonder how much knowledge she would retain if turned? I say this because she is always the first to notice when the zombies make a trap. If she was turned instead of her and the two Mallers escaping, would she be able to help them [zombies] make better traps?

As for where the Mallers are heading? Part of me wants to believe that they are heading towards the Colony. Their mobilizing so close to Marcus' supposed downfall is too convenient. I think they met some of the recon teams when the teams were out and eventually spoke through the to incite the rebellion.

I don't see the Mallers going to the arena since they don't seem to be the bunch to want to research the creatures or rescue a comrade. But if they want to cut down the number of zombies, maybe setting that place ablaze would help, but I'm also not sure how they would know that the arena is where the zombies all go back to since they don't even know zombies make traps.

As for Pippin, I don't know. I don't remember Scratch saying anything about him, but I also need to re-listen to the episode anyways. He could have been a troublesome slave (like Michael would have been had he been captured by them) that she wants to beat the crap out of and leave for dead, or a mole, or someone to communicate with the Tower's mole.

Bulldog711
Apr 26th, 2011, 06:18 AM
No doubt about it now.....my money is on the Maller's offering slaves to INK for protection of some sort....then Saul and Co find them and blow up the arena! BOOYAAH!!!

yarri
Apr 26th, 2011, 06:37 AM

I have to agree with you Nik. It does look like the arena on fire.

yarri
Apr 26th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Does anyone think that Bricks might not be a bad guy?

Rock Daddy
Apr 26th, 2011, 06:49 AM
This episode laid out A LOT! Holy crap.

Arkum
Apr 26th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Yeah I can see Bricks "escaping" the Mallers with Lizzie. but will the Tower ever trust him? Especially with Pippen in the picture now too.

yarri
Apr 26th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Yeah I can see Bricks "escaping" the Mallers with Lizzie. but will the Tower ever trust him? Especially with Pippen in the picture now too.

I would trust Bricks before Pippen.

PlutoniumX
Apr 26th, 2011, 07:13 AM

I've been lurking on the forum for about 3 months now...sort of waiting for my theory on this to pop up. Finally, after reading THIS post, I decided to join so I could respond to it.

In one of the episodes during the first season, it's revealed that Angel can hot-wire cars, but he doesn't really want to talk about where/how he developed this talent. He was then quick to distance himself from Scratch around the others, but he does seem to have some sort of secret connection to her (dropping off Latch's body inexplicably). Does anyone think that maybe Angel has some sort of criminal background, and probably knows some of the Mallers due to this? We don't really have a lot of details one way or the other, but....it just seemed like this sort of "slipped through the cracks" so to speak...

Rock Daddy
Apr 26th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Wow man. My thoughts...
1) That IS art of the arena burning! wtf? I think the Mallers are trying to eliminate the zombie nest??? But don't forget the zombies lit fires in there. It could have been an accident...
2) I guess Lizzy's "no" was to Tardust driving in the opposite direction, or meeting up with all the packed up tankers.
3) I think Kalani's trainee pilot for the second helicopter will be Pegs. (Her father was a pilot)
4) Lizzy is sick because of the zombies. (Don't know why, but... maybe they are secreting their own pheramones like an insect hive) But why just her and not Tardust & Bricks?
5) The Mallers are keeping slaves to clear the roads and do their dirty work.
6)Pippen got the shit beaten out of him obviously... I think he is either a scientist from the labs that knows about the virus that the mallers imprisoned, or a dirty traitor maller that is going to try to play our tower team for fools.
7) I just don't know where the mallers are planning on settling! I want to say the colony because they were evesdropping on all of the towers conversations. But imagine if they all tried going for Fort Erwin and there was a Giant Final War? NEXT EPISODE PLEEEASE!!!!!

Rock Daddy
Apr 26th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Does anyone think that maybe Angel has some sort of criminal background, and probably knows some of the Mallers due to this?

I agree with you PlutoniumX. Angel & Scratch prob have a criminal past and Angel doesn't want it to harm his reputation as a "leader" in the tower. Also, I think it was... Yarri maybe... (Don't kill me if I'm wrong) that suggested maybe Angel was on the jury that convicted her. (Which would explain why she knows his face, but didn't know his name) If that's the case, when she realizes it... she WILL BE PISSED!!!! :)

lkiam
Apr 26th, 2011, 08:05 AM

The One with the Markings is Ink, the tattooed one, the smart zombie who infiltrated the Tower in chapter 11. But if he is siding with the Mallers, why did he attack their convoy?

VeritableHero
Apr 26th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Fixed! Stupid player...Don't hate the player, KC. Hate the game!

Some comments:
1. The radio being so loud won't make a difference with so many big trucks. You wouldn't be able to hear a radio with so many tractor trailors. Tardust is definitely an idiot because he honked the horn. That would be louder than the radio!

2. Bricks is hilarious and definitely mans up against Tardust in this episode.

3. Has anyone commented about a broken neck killing the zombie? Bricks said he broke its neck, implying that it was a death blow to the zombie. That seems significant in some way.

4. I agree that the arm will prove to be significant. Maybe Lizzy uses it to turn Tardust? Maybe some blood already got to Tardust and he turns at the beginning of the next episode. Not much time passed between that event and when we switched over to the tower. Tardust turns making it necessary for others to kill him or for Bricks to break his neck.

Just my thoughts.

WestonWisdom
Apr 26th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I don't think Pippin can be a rat if we presume that the mallers were in a convoy rather than it being a co-ordinated attack against the Arena, what would be the logical benefit of leaving a rat behind if your moving onto better and brighter pastures, perhaps by "dropping off" she meant leaving him behind.

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 26th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Rock Daddy:

Wow man. My thoughts...
1) That IS art of the arena burning! wtf? I think the Mallers are trying to eliminate the zombie nest??? But don't forget the zombies lit fires in there. It could have been an accident...
I agree that it is the Arena, though I don't think the fire is an accident. I don't think something like that would be album cover worthy.
2) I guess Lizzy's "no" was to Tardust driving in the opposite direction, or meeting up with all the packed up tankers. KC confirmed that it was Lizzy saying no because she saw the Mallers had abandoned the strip mall.
3) I think Kalani's trainee pilot for the second helicopter will be Pegs. (Her father was a pilot) Really? Crap, I missed that detail. If that's true, then I agree Pegs will be the most likely canidate.
4) Lizzy is sick because of the zombies. (Don't know why, but... maybe they are secreting their own pheramones like an insect hive) But why just her and not Tardust & Bricks? Nah, she's pregnant...or just really gets disugsted by being raped.
5) The Mallers are keeping slaves to clear the roads and do their dirty work. Lazy bastards. But it has been suggested that they are sacrificing them to Ink for some sort of truce. I don't think so. I think they are just keeping slaves for fodder, grunt work, and maybe, maybe to trade with the colony.
6)Pippen got the shit beaten out of him obviously... I think he is either a scientist from the labs that knows about the virus that the mallers imprisoned, or a dirty traitor maller that is going to try to play our tower team for fools. Pippen seems to me to be a mole, but I did also suspect that he was a scientist, though I have no real evidence to back that up. The only reason I suspected so was because his acent reminded me of the scientist from Planet Terror (the dude with a white coat, Jerry-curls, and got his head blown up).
7) I just don't know where the mallers are planning on settling! I want to say the colony because they were evesdropping on all of the towers conversations. But imagine if they all tried going for Fort Erwin and there was a Giant Final War? NEXT EPISODE PLEEEASE!!!!!

Ra1th
Apr 26th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Zombies don't work with humans... ever. End of story, it's just not something that seems plausible in the We're Alive universe

AdrianHD
Apr 26th, 2011, 09:12 AM
I agree with you PlutoniumX. Angel & Scratch prob have a criminal past and Angel doesn't want it to harm his reputation as a "leader" in the tower. Also, I think it was... Yarri maybe... (Don't kill me if I'm wrong) that suggested maybe Angel was on the jury that convicted her. (Which would explain why she knows his face, but didn't know his name) If that's the case, when she realizes it... she WILL BE PISSED!!!! :)

Maybe I'm going crazy-- I DO remember there being a point where Angel recommended the prison as a place to stay at because he as well as Michael knew how they worked.

Arkum
Apr 26th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I would trust Bricks before Pippen.

Yes YOU would. But if the tower finds out he's an Maller spy, then Lizzie shows up with one. its gonna be WAR against Bricks no matter how nice he is.

JediAvenger
Apr 26th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I just had a thought- maybe Pippin has something to do with the small zomibes? Pippin was the name of a hobbit in Lord of the Rings, so maybe that was the reason why KC picked that name? Probably thinking about this way too much lol...

nikvoodoo
Apr 26th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Maybe I'm going crazy-- I DO remember there being a point where Angel recommended the prison as a place to stay at because he as well as Michael knew how they worked.

Angel recommended it because its the only thing equivalent to a fortress or castle in modern society. Prisons are safe from external attacks. </devilsadvocate>

But I agree that it could be interpreted this way. He also said he knew he could survive in a cell. But I'm sure my military brethren on this forum can set the record straight. If he had done any time, could he have been in the Officer school?

WestonWisdom
Apr 26th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Angel recommended it because its the only thing equivalent to a fortress or castle in modern society. Prisons are safe from external attacks. </devilsadvocate>

But I agree that it could be interpreted this way. He also said he knew he could survive in a cell. But I'm sure my military brethren on this forum can set the record straight. If he had done any time, could he have been in the Officer school?

If he signed up at roughly the same time as Saul, perhaps his previous record wouldn't have mattered.

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 26th, 2011, 10:00 AM
My friend pointed out that Tardust expressed concerns that they were pulling off the directions provided on the map. Scratch said they were taking a "detour". Later we hear that they are going through a park. Using Google maps I saw that Elysian Park is right off of 110. If 110 was blocked with debris, this could be the park that Ink led them into to spring the ambush.

Rock Daddy
Apr 26th, 2011, 10:06 AM
I wish we could have heard Tardust's complete story about the encounter at the Police Dept. Interesting. What do you think they were doing there? Looking for ammo, or something more?

MrScott101
Apr 26th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Yeah I don't think they're in the same bed with the zombies, but they did talk about knowing which roads were clear. That tells me they have been doing some extensive travelling. I could for sure see them blowing up the arena. The less amount of zombies the easier it might be to take the tower, not for save haven but for what 20-30 new slaves. Maybe they have a deal with the colony but in order to get entrance they have a couple missions, blow up the arena and bring Micheal back to the colony! Pegs is their way of luring out Micheal. Micheal being a marked target of the mallers and Ink trying to put a kabosh on both the maller's and the Tower's plans.

Ra1th
Apr 26th, 2011, 11:20 AM
If he signed up at roughly the same time as Saul, perhaps his previous record wouldn't have mattered.

he didnt sign up at the same time as Saul. Saul enlisted at 18 or 19 and he's like mid 20's now. Saul's been there for a looong time. Angel is fresh, probably did ROTC in college I'd say he's been in the army for a year at most

neilpower
Apr 26th, 2011, 11:38 AM
The Mallers wouldn't pull up stakes and just attack the Arena without a new safe location to retreat back to if everything should blow up in their faces. The Colony is the first place they'll hit. Once setted in the Arena will be next to eliminate the largest known nest of creatures which will make operating in the city a little safer. After that, the Tower will be easier to take.

A random thought... What else can tankers to be used for than carrying fuel or a rolling fire bomb? Use them as modified trojan horses filled with armed men instead of fuel and drive them into the Colony with the folks on the walls thinking they're bringing them gasoline for trade. Will that happen? Probably not with my luck but I'm calling it anyways and its something underhanded that the Mallers would try.

WestonWisdom
Apr 26th, 2011, 11:59 AM
The Mallers wouldn't pull up stakes and just attack the Arena without a new safe location to retreat back to if everything should blow up in their faces. The Colony is the first place they'll hit. Once setted in the Arena will be next to eliminate the largest known nest of creatures which will make operating in the city a little safer. After that, the Tower will be easier to take.

A random thought... What else can tankers to be used for than carrying fuel or a rolling fire bomb? Use them as modified trojan horses filled with armed men instead of fuel and drive them into the Colony with the folks on the walls thinking they're bringing them gasoline for trade. Will that happen? Probably not with my luck but I'm calling it anyways and its something underhanded that the Mallers would try.

Are fuel tankers ever really empty though? I'm not sure how transport of fuel works but surely it would be nigh-impossible to fully empty a sealed container like that? That means that merely making modifications to the tankers would be dangerous, and if they were using unmodified tankers and going through the hole at the top it would be a very slow process and the wardens (who have heat vision) would shoot them within seconds.

nikvoodoo
Apr 26th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Hey so in regards to the Riley/Scratch theory I posed the question about: Our friend WestonWisdom gave me the appropriate chapter and time stamp with Scratch's description. 6-1 around 7:50 mark Scratch is described as having short black hair. So there goes that shot in the dark ;)

Big Fish
Apr 26th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Are fuel tankers ever really empty though? I'm not sure how transport of fuel works but surely it would be nigh-impossible to fully empty a sealed container like that? That means that merely making modifications to the tankers would be dangerous, and if they were using unmodified tankers and going through the hole at the top it would be a very slow process and the wardens (who have heat vision) would shoot them within seconds.

They can indeed be fully emptied. The bottoms of those tanks are sloped to the middle, and that is where the hose and pump attach to the main tank.

And I just had a thought, what if those tankers are filled with jet fuel, and not regular unleaded?

Arkum
Apr 26th, 2011, 01:56 PM
I'm not sure how long a group could survive sealed in a tanker with those fumes

yarri
Apr 26th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Wow man. My thoughts...
2) I guess Lizzy's "no" was to Tardust driving in the opposite direction, or meeting up with all the packed up tankers.
3) I think Kalani's trainee pilot for the second helicopter will be Pegs. (Her father was a pilot)
4) Lizzy is sick because of the zombies. (Don't know why, but... maybe they are secreting their own pheramones like an insect hive) But why just her and not Tardust & Bricks?
5) The Mallers are keeping slaves to clear the roads and do their dirty work.
6)Pippen got the shit beaten out of him obviously... I think he is either a scientist from the labs that knows about the virus that the mallers imprisoned, or a dirty traitor maller that is going to try to play our tower team for fools.

If the mallers are going for the nest all I can say is WOW! That's ballsy if ballsy is a word.
I think her no was the fact they weren't going toward the "mall"?
number 3.. YES
4. If Saul is going to go out like a thug saving her life I hope she is preggers. Something of him has to be left if he dies.
5. Yes I think your correct. They are doing nasty stuff to the slaves. I don't think (cant remember who said this) that they are using them as a bribe to Ink.. bait maybe but not a bribe.
6. Pippen is a dirty lying rat.

It was me!

Eviebae
Apr 26th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Does anyone think that Bricks might not be a bad guy?

I think I've said as much, he's just been the guy who stays silent allowing the bad guy to be bad. He's started to say no now and that makes me happy. I'm thinking he'll join the tower and tell them Pippin is a mole.

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 26th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Just a little note: Did anyone notice that Lizzy was throwing up again? When the little one's arm was left behind, you can hear Tardust say ignore it, and her and if you pay attention you hear Lizzy puking again. I think the fact that she's not being raped right now could mean that she's experiencing morning sickness. I know when my wife was pregnant, stress and/or off-putting sights and smells made her sick.

This could also explain why in 20-3 Scratch suddenly changed her mind about how Lizzy was treated. As soon as Scratch saw Lizzy throw up and said "your sick?" Lizzy expains she can't help it. It seems as though Scratch understands Lizzy may be pregnant. She instructs Tar to remove her handcuffs, AND not to fuck with her despite having just said she didn't care if Tar went to town on her a short while earlier. I think as cold as Scratch may be, the thought of hurting a pregnant woman is just too much. She's willing to be civil. Besides, pregant Lizzy might be a valuable bargaining chip.

I think I've said as much, he's just been the guy who stays silent allowing the bad guy to be bad. He's started to say no now and that makes me happy. I'm thinking he'll join the tower and tell them Pippin is a mole.

I'm also hoping that Bricks will get tired of Tardust's shit and snap his neck. It seems like Bricks is one of those quiet guys who bottles things up inside till he justs explodes and hulks out. There has to be a reason he was in Eastern Bay to begin with. I'm crossing my fingers that Bricks snaps Tardust in half.

fairyfartz
Apr 26th, 2011, 05:43 PM
The fuel trucks could be used as a bribe to get into the colony, and are probably rigged to explode should the need arise.

I think Scratch would be more apt to keep Lizzy alive and ok for use against the tower later on. If she is found out to be pregnant, they are more likely to do anything to get her back unharmed. And so far she is unhurt which Scratch would use to her advantage as well. Look, we kept her safe but if you don't......
I doubt she cares little for the baby itself as much as she cares about using it as a bargaining chip.

Robalypse
Apr 26th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Wow, really good episode. The forums, as usual, have made an excellent companion piece to pointing out things that I might not have really thought about.

Thoughts:
I kind of like Bricks. He keeps really terrible company and is a bit too willing to go with the flow, but hopefully he will continue to redeem himself, like when he took the cuffs off Lizzy. He could be a useful addition to the tower crew.

As someone mentioned back a couple pages, there's no way in hell the zombies are working with the mallers. Whoever is their puppetmaster seems bent on eradicating or turning humanity and little else.

Tardust needs to hurry up and get eaten.

Pippin is a mole. The way I took it, his name revealed as the cliffhanger, is what should and did inspire anxiety for our Tower dwellers.

Once again I'm ever more curious if The Marked One in the Arena and PinStripe Paul are one in the same, or different? Given the distinctions dropped on us, I'm assuming they're seperate. Which one is calling the shots though? I've started to think of Pinstripe as the one that's been making an appearance on the rooftops since the beginning, and maybe The Marked One is kind of the overlord?

Boy, I'm glad my wife doesn't read this forum. I think my geek levels have officially gone through the roof.

P.S. Nik, nice try breaking out the Socratic Method in your earlier post.

Th3_T3ch
Apr 26th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Angel was "fresh out of officer school" (per Michael...which I assume means he didn't see much action in the field) and Scratch has been in lock up for some time. She did a month in a half in solitaire, meaning she did some serious time probably parallel to when Angel was in training.

I don't think Angel would withhold such pertinent information as, "Hey crazybitch Scratch has military training." If they do know each other, it's from a darker circle they ran in before his military training...maybe she taught him to hotwire cars (Kalani mentions he knows Angel can do this, even though nobody else in the tower has ever mentioned it and Angel is puzzled at how he can know this...further implicating Kalani as an ex-maller?)

First I must say, thank you for having the same belief about Kalani as me. Second, Scratch wasn't in prison when the outbreak occurred, she infact rescued all the prisoners from Eastern Bay.

VeritableHero
Apr 27th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Boy, I'm glad my wife doesn't read this forum. I think my geek levels have officially gone through the roof.
Gah! Same here. I've told her about it but I know she doesn't visit. Thank goodness!

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 27th, 2011, 07:32 AM
he didnt sign up at the same time as Saul. Saul enlisted at 18 or 19 and he's like mid 20's now. Saul's been there for a looong time. Angel is fresh, probably did ROTC in college I'd say he's been in the army for a year at most

Nik,

Correct me if I'm wrong but I belive it's stated that Angel attended OCS (Officer Candidate School). Mike states that in the first episode. Angel had only been out of school a month. OCS is where civlians with degrees go to get their Commissions in the Army. They also send prior enlisted members there. We in the USAF have OTS (Officer Training School) a BS/BA is needed to be eligible.
OCS is only 12 weeks long by the way.

Crowbar Out!

yarri
Apr 27th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Nik,

Correct me if I'm wrong but I belive it's stated that Angel attended OCS (Officer Candidate School). Mike states that in the first episode. Angel had only been out of school a month. OCS is where civlians with degrees go to get their Commissions in the Army. They also send prior enlisted members there. We in the USAF have OTS (Officer Training School) a BS/BA is needed to be eligible.
OCS is only 12 weeks long by the way.

Crowbar Out!

I have to agree with you.

Leedo2502
Apr 27th, 2011, 08:32 AM
They can indeed be fully emptied. The bottoms of those tanks are sloped to the middle, and that is where the hose and pump attach to the main tank.

And I just had a thought, what if those tankers are filled with jet fuel, and not regular unleaded?

Not trying to nitpick but "Jet Fuel" isn't as flamable as regular or unleaded. The more potent way of blowing one of those tankers would be to have it around half full or lower when you try and blow them as it's the vapors that would be more dangerous. I've seen full tankers in Iraq that were on fire and while it was dangerous it wasn't nearly as dangerous as the tankers that had less or even no fuel in them. We never rolled out with tankers that were empty just because they were so dangerous.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 27th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Robert,

I thought Jet Fuel was more flammable than regular fuel? Maybe it just burns hotter then...

Bulldog711
Apr 27th, 2011, 09:40 AM
First I must say, thank you for having the same belief about Kalani as me. Second, Scratch wasn't in prison when the outbreak occurred, she infact rescued all the prisoners from Eastern Bay.

How do we know Scratch free'd the prisioners?

IAmBabs
Apr 27th, 2011, 10:04 AM
How do we know Scratch free'd the prisioners?

She said so. It was in chapter 6 I believe when she was talking with her brother about going back to save him and all of the others.

Bulldog711
Apr 27th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks Babs

Leedo2502
Apr 27th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Robert,

I thought Jet Fuel was more flammable than regular fuel? Maybe it just burns hotter then...

I don't know if it burns hotter or not, I know that typical Jet Fuel autoignites at around 400 degrees and Gasoline autoignites at around 200 degrees. I'm now chemist or aerospace engeneer but I'm pretty sure that the benifits of jet fuel's higher flashpoint is for better efficiency. I have a buddy who was a crew cheif on helicopters in the Army and he told me (and I am in no way endorsing thie) that you can throw a lit match into a puddle of jet fuel and the only thing that would happen is the match would go out.

Again not trying to nitpick LOL!

And my thoughts on the fire at the arena is that The Tower folks took the fuel trucks to the Arena and lit a huge bonfire.

Arkum
Apr 27th, 2011, 01:42 PM
You can put out a match in a cup of gas too. I've done it a bunch of times in various chemistry classes (though i don't recommend you just go and try it) Just an FYI

I believe jet fuel with its higher burn temperature is harder to put out the flames then typical gasoline.

Wicked Sid
Apr 27th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Jet fuel burns faster because it is more refined. Its among the lightest of the petro-products. Comes from high within the bubble tower.

Gasoline, on the other hand, burns slower, yet is more explosive due to the higher oil content within it. Just a few levels above diesel in the bubble tower.

The reason you can put matches out in both of these are because its the fumes that are combustible when evaporated (Gas evaporates faster) into oxygen rich environment, for lack of a better term.

vattenflaska
Apr 27th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Who the hell is Ink?

Feels like I missed something important here.
Maybe I should go back and re-listen to some episodes. :confused:

nikvoodoo
Apr 27th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Who the hell is Ink?

Feels like I missed something important here.
Maybe I should go back and re-listen to some episodes. :confused:

Ink is the nickname of the schizophrenic murderer You hear about on the dvr in chapter 2-3 right at the end of the chapter. Real name is Bill Roberts, and he is the presumed identity of The One With the Markings but right now its unconfirmed.

Zombiehead
Apr 27th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I'll save my opinions for my next friday blog post. Since it hasn't been mentioned yet I'll paste an observational excerpt from the new entry here to chew on:

"Last chapter Scratch mentioned that they haven’t heard from the Tower Rat in a while. If the Tower Rat is too busy to snitch then it’s quite possible it was someone who was out of the Tower during the last couple chapters. Scratch also said “we still have her” before Tardust clarified who he meant. Perhaps this “her” is the lover/spouse/relative of the Tower Rat? If the Mallers have slaves, I would imagine they were using this as leverage to get that person to work for them. Fascinating."

Also, regarding the Angel/Scratch/Army theory, if they both share a criminal background, it's possible they were tossed in a boot camp as adolescents. A spoiled rich kid gets caught boosting cars, parents don't want to deal with him so they let someone else do the disciplining.

Pippen......COME ON KC!!!!! As a fellow englishman this is quite an addition......Pippen cannot be his REAL name, how many chuckles did you have coming up with this character???? Is this a homage to South Park? Maybe in the next chapter he will ask Michael, "Please sir, can I have some more ammo?"The Mallers use nicknames.

bequita
Apr 27th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Right, that is why I figure her time was served when Angel was in the officer school, before the outbreak. Latch had only been in prison for 6 weeks or so.

bequita
Apr 27th, 2011, 10:41 PM
I've been lurking on the forum for about 3 months now...sort of waiting for my theory on this to pop up. Finally, after reading THIS post, I decided to join so I could respond to it.

In one of the episodes during the first season, it's revealed that Angel can hot-wire cars, but he doesn't really want to talk about where/how he developed this talent. He was then quick to distance himself from Scratch around the others, but he does seem to have some sort of secret connection to her (dropping off Latch's body inexplicably). Does anyone think that maybe Angel has some sort of criminal background, and probably knows some of the Mallers due to this? We don't really have a lot of details one way or the other, but....it just seemed like this sort of "slipped through the cracks" so to speak...

He dropped off Latch because Pegs begged him to. She was having nightmares.

DeRose05
Apr 27th, 2011, 11:46 PM
great episode! this is going to set the story along for a long time. Im ready for the plot twists!!!

Private Parts
Apr 28th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Great eppisode! cant wait for monday!!!

Maybe the mallers are relocating to the arena?

:L

just going to relisten now... didnt pay enough attention :(

Parts

Kc
Apr 28th, 2011, 08:19 AM
I don't know if it burns hotter or not, I know that typical Jet Fuel autoignites at around 400 degrees and Gasoline autoignites at around 200 degrees.
I'm not giving away any clues, but you're right. Diesel and Jet Fuel is VERY hard to light manually, if not impossible. Doesn't matter if it's with a match or even a simple butane torch. Mythbusters tested it once.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 28th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I'm not giving away any clues, but you're right. Diesel and Jet Fuel is VERY hard to light manually, if not impossible. Doesn't matter if it's with a match or even a simple butane torch. Mythbusters tested it once.

Roger that!

bob
Apr 28th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Been lurking for a while. In regards to the jet fuel discussion. turbine aircraft (like most helicopters) use jet fuel which I know is similar enough to diesel that you can use it in a diesel engine and I imagine vise versa. smaller propeller driven airplanes use av gas which I think someone was referring to earlier and I don't know as much about that but I'm pretty sure it's just sort of a higher octane gasoline.
Most large generators run on diesel so it's a possibility there could be tankers full of it, depending on the mallers intentions. Which would also work well for the helicopter idea.
Awesome podcast by the way.

Zombiehead
Apr 28th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Been lurking for a while. In regards to the jet fuel discussion. turbine aircraft (like most helicopters) use jet fuel which I know is similar enough to diesel that you can use it in a diesel engine and I imagine vise versa. smaller propeller driven airplanes use av gas which I think someone was referring to earlier and I don't know as much about that but I'm pretty sure it's just sort of a higher octane gasoline.
Most large generators run on diesel so it's a possibility there could be tankers full of it, depending on the mallers intentions. Which would also work well for the helicopter idea.
Awesome podcast by the way.
Welcome to the discussion Bob.

Th3_T3ch
Apr 28th, 2011, 07:50 PM

Soooooo Kc, you might have given us a clue. You clearly know and/or researched this. Therefore, you have the probability of using this. OR you might have just said this to try and get us in the right direction... I'm so confused!

nikvoodoo
Apr 28th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Soooooo Kc, you might have given us a clue. You clearly know and/or researched this. Therefore, you have the probability of using this. OR you might have just said this to try and get us in the right direction... I'm so confused!

Don't'cha hate it when that happens? ;)

I remember mythbusters testing it too, so it might just be a statement of facts but we do see a large building on fire in the chapter artwork. Perhaps whomever lights that building on fire has a different method of causing such an inferno.

Re1ndeer
Apr 28th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I loved this whole episode. I might even venture to say that this is one of my favorite episodes. Nice to see a "little one" up close. Also, like how we get to see the ambush in action.

I am interested to see what type of helicopters they get and from where. Can't wait for the next episode.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 29th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Don't'cha hate it when that happens? ;)

I remember mythbusters testing it too, so it might just be a statement of facts but we do see a large building on fire in the chapter artwork. Perhaps whomever lights that building on fire has a different method of causing such an inferno.

Nik,

a Pipebomb would set it off very very nicely. Burn arena Burn! Also, remember they were on a pretty tight time table for a not so obvious reason.

COsurvivor
Apr 30th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Can we say suicide run with a full tanker truck full of fuel?

I don't see the tower attacking the den of zombies.

GChild78
Apr 30th, 2011, 04:07 PM

I say south. I don't know if someone else caught onto this, but Tardust mentioned that he was listening in to their "stupid bird talk" on the radio. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they started using the "bird" code after the arena. My guess is that Scratch was told about Micheal's transmission about the colony and decided to pay them a visit. My question is: was it going to be a friendly or hostile visit? Perhaps the "slaves" were to be offered up as a peace offering?

Arkum
Apr 30th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Perhaps the slaves are people they picked up at the colony. They were mostly workers.

WestonWisdom
Apr 30th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Perhaps the slaves are people they picked up at the colony. They were mostly workers.
How would the slaves have escaped the colony? or do you think they would have been traded? I can't really see the trading for people thing working out for the leader of the colony, as leadership seems unstable and trading away a large amount of people for oil wouldn't exactly be good for the leader's reputation.

Zombiehead
Apr 30th, 2011, 06:09 PM
From what we know, the Colony is still standing, it's only been 1-2 days since MPK left. It's likely these slaves were just scared people that sought shelter with the Mallers and got the short end of the stick or scavengers/survivors they found wandering their "territory."

Walrusgus
Apr 30th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Wow. Amazing episode! I feel bad for Lizzy though of course.

About the slaves I would probably think they are just random people who have been rounded up, there must be other people out there like Skittles right? Maybe he was in there?!
They could be from the colony though. All that shooting that was going on when Michael escaped with the others.
Also the Mallers talked about how they were using the same radios, so maybe they heard Michael's call from the Colony?

timberwoof
Apr 30th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Honestly I don't think the Mallers are intentionally going to the Arena. I think they are heading up 110 to find some place else to live and they are going to just come across the arena. I don't think it will be the tower folk who are going to burn it down. I'm along the lines of last resort run a tanker into it and blow it up kind of thing. I'm waiting for the next episode. 2 more days.

Th3_T3ch
Apr 30th, 2011, 10:20 PM
the slaves were most likely people the mallers rounded up as everything was hitting the fan. I would think they aren't going to the arena, but are going to one of two places. First, and unlikely, they are headed to the colony. I say unlikely because the mallers had a taste of what other people could do from there attack on the tower. The second is, as unlikely but more possible, the other tower. It sounds unlikely, but they have probably figured out where it is by now. I don't think the arena because why would they be bringing slaves also why leave the mall completely? It just doesn't make any logical sense to bring tankers and slaves to a place filled with zombies.
After listening to WND, the mallers could reasonably be headed to Catalina. They don't know about swimming zombies AND they took tankers, I'm not a boat person myself, but the tankers could be filled up with fuel for a boat to Catalina. It makes reasonable sense to include Catalina in a list of possible destinations of the mallers.

Arkum
May 1st, 2011, 05:20 AM
Do the Mallers even know about the arena yet? I can't recall if Michael called the tower on the radio when he broke his arm or did he make it back to the tower? Tar mentined they had 40 radios on 40 channels so I assume they've heard every conversation over the radio for some time now.

WestonWisdom
May 1st, 2011, 09:07 AM
Do the Mallers even know about the arena yet? I can't recall if Michael called the tower on the radio when he broke his arm or did he make it back to the tower? Tar mentined they had 40 radios on 40 channels so I assume they've heard every conversation over the radio for some time now.

I got the impression that the 40 radios were only introduced after the War, as Tardust mentions "bird talk", which was only adopted after The War, therefore it's possible that the 40 radios were only necessary after the War because the rat perished/had a change of heart after the war.

This doesn't mean the mallers don't know however, the scouts could have found it(they have been 7 miles ahead of where the road got blocked, at least, either that, or the rat told them about it.

Leedo2502
May 1st, 2011, 12:58 PM
I'm betting that the mallers were going south to The Colony. That being said I'm going to guess that The Colony and The Mallers have had no contact and that THe Mallers are heading in that direction...

COsurvivor
May 1st, 2011, 07:29 PM
Why would the Mallers look for an enemy so far away? They don't seem so far looking, they are the type to handle what is right in front of them...

Kiwi of the Dead
May 1st, 2011, 11:05 PM
Why would the Mallers look for an enemy so far away? They don't seem so far looking, they are the type to handle what is right in front of them...

Not to mention, what's right in front of them is the Tower, which they're still pissed at.

I think the Mallers are investigating Michael's broadcast from the colony, or possibly still in the process of 'moving out.'

Zombiehead
May 1st, 2011, 11:13 PM
Not to mention, what's right in front of them is the Tower, which they're still pissed at.

I think the Mallers are investigating Michael's broadcast from the colony, or possibly still in the process of 'moving out.'
I wouldn't be surprised if that were true. Tomorrow cometh!

Arkum
May 2nd, 2011, 04:39 AM
Given that the Mallers were going through police stations I think they were arming up for something. Now I agree that The Colony is most likely where they are heading, but I'm not sure they are ready...

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 2nd, 2011, 08:03 AM
Arkum,
They've hit Police stations, Burt's Shop, The Reserve Armory, I'm assuming they also got stuff from the prison armory. They're armed up very, very well. Small army well matter of fact

Arkum
May 2nd, 2011, 08:29 AM
True, I guess i was thinking of police stations around here, which would have like pellet guns in the armory, not LA police stations with AR-15's and the like. Plus with a wall of slaves as the front line as human shields or sending them in as a diversion on the front gate, the tactics could go well for the Mallers.

Thanks for the clarification Crowbar. I'd forgotten about those raids.

Adventureless_Hero
May 4th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Say KC, if you read this, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind letting us know in which park the ambush took place? Prior to the release of 21-2 I speculated at a few parks on the 110 leading towards the Arena, but now that it's been confrimed that's where the Mallers were headed if you had a specific park in mind? Not a big major thing, I was just curious.

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 9th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I'm thinking the Mallers are using police/fire fighter radios. I'm just guessing because Tardust appears to be in charge of listening to the Tower's CB frequencies, but he also mentions that Bricks...

carnivore
Jun 22nd, 2011, 10:14 AM
Well first of all hi to all you guys and girls. ;)

I've been listening to We're Alive for some time now but stopped after chapter 20. Just a few days ago i remembered to check up on the podcast and wanted to download all following episodes to catch up with the story. I just got one problem: Chapter 21 Episode 1 seems to be down and i cannot download it.

So would there be any chance to reup the Episode?

I hope i post this in the right forum and that this hasn't come up too often before. I didn't want to read through this thread, so i wouldn't spoiler myself.

Oh, i almost forgot the usual praise that should go out to the makers of this awesome podcast, yadda yadda and so on. ;)

Greetings from Germany,
carnivore

Arcane Tremere
Jan 24th, 2014, 03:03 AM
How would the slaves have escaped the colony? or do you think they would have been traded? I can't really see the trading for people thing working out for the leader of the colony, as leadership seems unstable and trading away a large amount of people for oil wouldn't exactly be good for the leader's reputation.

I started to think, after hearing that Dunbar lost some residents who went away there might be a chance that some of the Slaves were Dunbar residents however if they were they would have been "interviewed" and the would have had the location of Dunbar.

I think the slaves were other survivors who made their way to te mall for safety and are just tissue paper npc's. Use and discard.