PDA

View Full Version : Who's Victor,....Good or Evil?

Z Sniper
Feb 7th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Victor seemed to warn them well enough to stay away from the colony, but was it a ploy? Did he read the group's desperation and used reverse psychology thinking if he said "yeah, sure I'll take you to the colony, no problem!",...would it have raised a red flag for any of the other 3? Then again,...no read flags were raised when Victor DID try to keep them away.

Second, we know he was on a recon team,....military, or are the "colonials" forced to go out? What would keep them from returning? Is it possible Marcus is holding ransom for each of one of his recon team members? How much control does Marcus really have on these recon teams, or is Victor really setting Michael, Peggs, and Kelly up?

Destiny
Feb 8th, 2011, 04:55 AM
That's a question I don't think anyone can really answer yet, except perhaps KC. Not much information is given on Victor. Sure he tried to warn them, but he was also kind of a douche bag about it.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 8th, 2011, 07:06 AM
He was a dick because they ask too many damn questions and clearly aren't getting his not too subtle hints to shut up.
When someone tells you "I can't say dammit because the risks are too great," then you should be hearing a little voice in your head going "Warning, Warning Will Robinson!"
Let's face it, how many of us haven't had someone new show up at work and drive you batty from the start because they just wouldn't shut up?

Onslaught
Feb 8th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I think hes neither, at least at the standpoint of Pegs Michael and Kelly. He is being forced (from what we've heard so far) to not talk about anything, not leak anything out, not reveal any vital information and it seems he doesn't want to do it. Taking in consideration Hope's warning I would have to say if he had a guaranteed place to go to (such as the tower) he would leave.

nikvoodoo
Feb 8th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I think hes neither, at least at the standpoint of Pegs Michael and Kelly. He is being forced (from what we've heard so far) to not talk about anything, not leak anything out, not reveal any vital information and it seems he doesn't want to do it. Taking in consideration Hope's warning I would have to say if he had a guaranteed place to go to (such as the tower) he would leave.

Agree with you about not being permitted to tell them anything, but Kelly (ever the skilled lawyer) found a way to ask a question that he was able to answer. When the correct question is posed to Victor, he seems more than willing to spill the beans. I don't get the impression Victor wants to leave. He's torn about his situation and did his best (within whatever rules set forth by Marcus and the Colony) to deter Michael et al to go to the Colony. The disgust in his voice is so palpable you can feel the spite in every one of his words.

Z Sniper
Mar 27th, 2011, 05:02 PM
So by the end of Ch. 19 there seems to be some sort of semi-attraction with Kelly and Victor,....I'm thinking more Kelly than Victor, but even though Victor has been around for 3 chapters,....we still don't know a whole lot about him, and now he's a resident of the tower.

Some posts noted he's probably not military considering he probably would have called Marcus out on his "having served" lies, or depending on Victor's situation he might not have cared either way. Kelly notes a ring on his finger and asks if his wife is with him. Victor says "no" to which we think he might have lost her and his family during the zombie raid. To date, we don't know where he came from, where he grew up, and how he got to the colony.

We know he can use weapons well, he scouted and reconned well enough to stay alive. And we see his use of anti-zombie tactics he's picked up along the way (throwing cologne bottles to thwart the zombies). So far he's tough enough, but seems to be okay with being a follower.

He's rough around the edges, brash, and short when spoken too, but found it in his heart to try to warn MPK about staying away from the colony. He goes so far as to help Michael when he takes him to Glenn to make a transmission. Seems like he doesn't have any friends, save Fernando who got bit, causing Victor to silently break down in front of the monitor in their underground barricade.

Interesting to see his part play out in the Tower. So far in my book, he appears to be a bit of a badass. He coordinated well with Michael in their escape of the colony and kept rear cover fire, demonstrating his concern for the others. Interested in reading others take on the new member to the tower.

wooly
Mar 27th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Victor is rough but I don't think he's a bad guy. Just trying to make the best out of the situation he was in at the time. Even under the colony's rules it had to have been better than trying to live out in zombieland by yourself. Until he knew he had someplace better to go he was just getting by. Admittedly he was a bit of an arse, but he did come around in the end and made better choices.

MP&K were like hyper kids when they first met Victor, and that meeting coincided with the death of Victor's scouting partner. Were I Victor I don't think I would have instantly warmed up to them either, given the circumstances.

cycogod
Mar 27th, 2011, 08:35 PM
victor is a bad man larry, a bad man.