PDA

View Full Version : Losing User Points?

Hellbringer
Apr 21st, 2011, 03:58 PM
So being a numbers geek, I like looking at my experience. Can't tell you for the life of me why, but I always find tracking systems interesting.
Anyway, I went to my profile and click on the experience tab this evening and saw that I lost 56 User points and 2 thread points. I presume that means that a thread with a lot of replies got deleted or possibly merged?

j0be
Apr 21st, 2011, 05:37 PM
So being a numbers geek, I like looking at my experience. Can't tell you for the life of me why, but I always find tracking systems interesting.
Anyway, I went to my profile and click on the experience tab this evening and saw that I lost 56 User points and 2 thread points. I presume that means that a thread with a lot of replies got deleted or possibly merged?

Actually, it was most likely all the tweeking I did to the experience system this afternoon. The priorities for given tasks were not really what they should have been so I tweaked it a bit.

You can find more information about the specifics of this change by clicking the quick links drop down above, and then selecting experience. The last tab in the experience area details what gets you points.

MrScott101
Apr 21st, 2011, 10:29 PM
wow I really dropped! was almost at level 25 now halfway through 22, oh well guess I better get posting more again!

itsallgoodie
Apr 21st, 2011, 10:47 PM
yeh, that F'ed my stuff up. but im sure it was to even it all out. no worries.

nikvoodoo
Apr 21st, 2011, 11:37 PM
At one point around the inception of the exp system I lost 200 points in a day, for unknown reasons. It all evens out in the end. It's all pretty arbitrary anyhew

Hellbringer
Apr 22nd, 2011, 06:18 AM
At one point around the inception of the exp system I lost 200 points in a day, for unknown reasons. It all evens out in the end. It's all pretty arbitrary anyhew

I look at it all like the microsoft gamerscore. It's nice to see, but you can't do anything with it. However, it's always interesting to see how points are earned.

mem
Apr 22nd, 2011, 07:57 AM
[conspiracy theory alert] supposedly our points are being skimmed ever so slightly and being saved up for use for some E-vile plan of world domination.

.....or i mixed up my meds again. ;)