PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Movie Night- Community Event (4/29/11)

StepLaugh
Apr 20th, 2011, 11:52 PM
BRAAINNNSSSS!

You know you love them, so let's watch them all together!

Just like all of the other successful community events this one is going to be AWESOME!

The plan is to get everyone together, and watch our favorite zombie movies.

So grab some popcorn sit back and be scared.

What: Watch zombie movies together.

When: Friday, April 29th 2011 (Could change)

Time: Maybe 10 EST (7PST) What works best for everyone?

Where:www.livestream.com (works great)

Who: ALL OF US!

Movie this week:

28 Days Later

(Could change depending on what you guys want)

Post below if you guys have any suggestions, or ideas of what movies we should watch!

StepLaugh
Apr 20th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Movies you guys want to watch:

28 Days Later
Resident Evil Movies
Zombieland
Night of the Living Dead (old school version)
Dawn of the dead (BOTH versions)

mush_rooms
Apr 20th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Also, does anyone have a badass PC setup? Like with multiple monitors? Or even a desktop and a laptop, even?

Ra1th
Apr 21st, 2011, 01:24 PM
I am super down can you put it up on a live stream so we can all see it and chat in real time? Like with the live event?

j0be
Apr 21st, 2011, 01:32 PM
I'm definitely up for. We could even toss in some things that aren't zombie related. EG: Sunshine, Fight Club, Requiem for a dream, etc.

Edit: I might be streaming these over netflix and pressing play when you do, so I can watch in a bit more quality.

Wicked Sid
Apr 21st, 2011, 01:34 PM
What about some Shaun of the Dead Action?

And yeah, I support Johb's idea of it being other movies as well.

mush_rooms
Apr 21st, 2011, 01:50 PM
I am super down can you put it up on a live stream so we can all see it and chat in real time? Like with the live event?

That's the plan! Either StepLaugh or I will most likely be streaming, UNLESS there is someone out there with a badass setup more suited to this kinda stuff, as I mentioned earlier (we both have laptops). Regardless, we'll make it work! Livestream has the chatbox thing just like justin.tv, only thing you need to do is "sign up" but it takes like a minute, not a big deal and I've never received and email from them or anything.

I'm definitely up for. We could even toss in some things that aren't zombie related. EG: Sunshine, Fight Club, Requiem for a dream, etc.

Edit: I might be streaming these over netflix and pressing play when you do, so I can watch in a bit more quality.

Sunshine is an extremely underrated movie, and one of my favs. I'm not opposed.

j0be
Apr 21st, 2011, 01:52 PM
Just curious, have we checked liability on this? (sorry to be a spoilsport)

mush_rooms
Apr 21st, 2011, 01:56 PM

...Step and I will worry about that. It's not exactly entirely legal BUT, I organize movie nights all the time within the IGN community and we've never had any issues...

j0be
Apr 21st, 2011, 01:57 PM
Good enough for me. Damn, just realized you were from Pittsburgh. What side of town? (I used to live there)

Ra1th
Apr 21st, 2011, 02:06 PM
Sunshine? As in the movie by the people whomade the core? Where the sun goes out and the only way to reignite it is by nuking it lol?

Ra1th
Apr 21st, 2011, 02:11 PM
Wait! Friday night I have class till 9pm... Damn I won't be able to make it that night

mush_rooms
Apr 21st, 2011, 02:11 PM
I'm up in Shadyside, so pretty much 5 mins from UPitt and 10 mins from Downtown! It's cozy.

j0be
Apr 21st, 2011, 02:12 PM
Wait! Friday night I have class till 9pm... Damn I won't be able to make it that night
I thought it was a lot of fun. But trust me, every movie ever made has someone who doesn't like it. I know Sunshine isn't that scientifically accurate, but that doesn't mean you can't sit back and enjoy the ride.

j0be
Apr 21st, 2011, 02:14 PM
I'm up in Shadyside, so pretty much 5 mins from UPitt and 10 mins from Downtown! It's cozy.

I know the exact area you're talking about. I actually had my graduation at Soldiers and Sailors.

Ra1th
Apr 21st, 2011, 02:14 PM
I haven't seen it and I like a bunch of stupid movies but I just remembered hearing

From the people who made the core, that movie about nuking the earths core to redraft it, comes sunshine, a movie about nuking the sun to redraft it

And I was like damn guess nukes are the answer to all of lifes problems

j0be
Apr 21st, 2011, 02:17 PM
I haven't seen it ...

If you haven't seen it, I would say it's definitely a movie that you should watch. It's not really like the core. Totally different attitude towards the problems they are faced with. It actually kind of reminds me of a mix of Mass Effect and Dead Space (ship-wise) for the feel of the environment.

Meeks
Apr 21st, 2011, 03:16 PM
Actually, I'd love to offer my services on that one. I normally stream gaming (which is a lot more intensive CPU wise) so streaming movies in HD(ish) would be no problem to me! Just let me know what movies you're looking for, and I can stream. Typically I stream on Justin.tv (Which WALive had problems with, however I haven't luckily). Just let me know if you'd like me to do so!

Eitri
Apr 21st, 2011, 04:17 PM
What are they gonna do, Steam themselves watchin classic zombie movies?

Meeks
Apr 21st, 2011, 04:19 PM
Nope, stream the movie itself so others can watch :)

And I actually have all the suggested movies on my HD, most in high quality as well (only missing the RE movies). If anyone wants to, I'll be streaming tonight so you can see the quality I'm able to push out :)

Eitri
Apr 21st, 2011, 04:25 PM
Post a link Meeks, ill watch, the movie.

Meeks
Apr 21st, 2011, 04:27 PM
I won't be streaming any movies right away tonight as I normally stream my WoW raiding. But if you're interested in seeing some stuff, http://www.justin.tv/meeks436/b/284163484 is me playing Portal 2 last night, notice the mostly HQ picture ;)

Zombiehead
Apr 21st, 2011, 05:18 PM
This concerns me as well. Best not to associate WA's label and name with it just in case. Negative press of that magnitude is not good for the creators.

j0be
Apr 21st, 2011, 05:41 PM
This concerns me as well. Best not to associate WA's label and name with it just in case. Negative press of that magnitude is not good for the creators.

Simple way is just to call it the community videocast

Meeks
Apr 21st, 2011, 05:45 PM

I plan on using an alternate account that has no association with WA, so there's no need in worrying. I've streamed movies/events in the past without problem :)

mush_rooms
Apr 21st, 2011, 06:16 PM
Meeks, that would be AWESOME! We'd really appreciate if you could do that. You're the best! :)

yarri
Apr 21st, 2011, 06:42 PM
This will be great. Something for the old folks that don't do games. Thanks for suggesting it!!

fraggot
Apr 21st, 2011, 08:49 PM
Sunshine? As in the movie by the people whomade the core? Where the sun goes out and the only way to reignite it is by nuking it lol?

Sunshine was done by Danny Boyle, which is in no way connected to the tragedy known as The Core.

itsallgoodie
Apr 21st, 2011, 09:46 PM
Im in. the liability stuff is a bit of a concern but i do agree that we shouldnt run into any problems. regardless, im down.

Meeks
Apr 25th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I have a secondary account all setup for the movie night and ready for your suggestions. I have quite a few horror movies already and open to more suggestions. Let me know if you're all still in for this!

mush_rooms
Apr 25th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks Meeks! I know StepLaugh and I are definitely in.

StepLaugh
Apr 26th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Yeah we will not have any illegal issues, I promise. If we do, then you can punch me in the face.

mascaria
Apr 26th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Count me in!

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Apr 26th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Sounds great!

Another suggestion would be The Crazies. Not quite a traditional zombie movie, but it's really really good. Definitely worth watching.

Meeks
Apr 26th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Sounds great!

Another suggestion would be The Crazies. Not quite a traditional zombie movie, but it's really really good. Definitely worth watching.
Check and mate. Will get that movie, probably from Netflix. I can't wait for this weekend now! This'll be fun :D

yarri
Apr 26th, 2011, 02:07 PM
I'm in as well. Its one of the best movies

j0be
Apr 26th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Definitely. And even though we might start with a more zombie-centric movie choice, it is not limited to that at all. I still say Zombieland should be in there somewhere.

Wicked Sid
Apr 26th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I'm in, if I can make it. I can't tell the future! But my day planner can...

Dun Dun Dunn!

Meeks
Apr 27th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I'm in, if I can make it. I can't tell the future! But my day planner can...

Dun Dun Dunn!

If your day planner can tell me the winning lotto numbers, I'll split it with you, 50/50.

StepLaugh
Apr 27th, 2011, 12:54 PM
If your day planner can tell me the winning lotto numbers, I'll split it with you, 50/50.

Count me in too. 33/33/34

Wicked Sid
Apr 27th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Count me in too. 33/33/34

I'm in too! 25/25/25/25.

And yes, I handle my day planner's monetary transfers.

itsallgoodie
Apr 27th, 2011, 02:00 PM
I'm in too! 25/25/25/25.

And yes, I handle my day planner's monetary transfers.

since its already so divided, could it just be 20/20/20/20/20?

IAmMattFriend
Apr 27th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I've never seen 28 Days Later!!!!! D:

Meeks
Apr 29th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Looks like today's gonna' be 28 Days Later. Will be streaming at http://www.justin.tv/meeks436 . Starting at 10pm EST.

Anyone still interested in this?

StepLaugh
Apr 29th, 2011, 06:28 PM
30 more mins!!!

Meeks
Apr 29th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks to everyone who came around and watched! We had a blast. I plan on doing this once or twice a month, so if you liked the first one, keep on coming! ~20 people the first go-around, good numbers!

StepLaugh
Apr 30th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Yes it was awesome, thanks everyone for showing up. Also thanks meeks for hosting.

Wicked Sid
Apr 30th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Sorry I didn't make it dudes, just got a little busy.

yarri
Apr 30th, 2011, 08:23 AM
sorry I didn't make it either. my youngest got sick

Guts Malone
May 4th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I'm in the next show. Can someone fire off a link.
Another old, last guy standing movie is the Omega Man. It what "I am Legend" is based on (or rips off). You get the see the burly Charleston Heston driving around in big cars and shooting his machine guns.