PDA

View Full Version : W.A. Dog Tags

itsallgoodie
Apr 18th, 2011, 12:14 PM
So i know that this is being covered in the "choose the swag" thread, but i wasnt sure how many people would actually see that.

I was thinking that if I could buy Burt, Michael, Angel, or Saul's dog tags -- they would be engraved with their names, and maybe on the second one there would be the W.A. Logo. I personally would wear them everyday and if this gets turned down or rejected due to lack of interest, then I will probably just buy some for myself from an engraving site.

Tell me what you all think. Thanks.

Luna Guardian
Apr 18th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Not the worst idea, but I'd rather buy W.A. themed dogtags with my own information on them, if that would come possible

itsallgoodie
Apr 18th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Not the worst idea, but I'd rather buy W.A. themed dogtags with my own information on them, if that would come possible

That would be harder to do because they couldnt buy in bulk. and if they could then they would need to engrave them, themselves. It would be much more practical to do tags for other people in the series. does that make sense? but the question is, would you buy them? and what price would you buy them at?

Ra1th
Apr 18th, 2011, 01:40 PM
How much does it cost to have em made? I'd buy em but I just dropped like 40 bucks on we're alive swag so prly not till later

itsallgoodie
Apr 18th, 2011, 01:50 PM
honestly in bulk it wouldnt be more than a few bucks for each set. if not, and i were getting my own pair more like ten. you got to remember that its got to be shipped to Kc and then shipped out to the buyers so it would probably come out to somewhere around 5 to 10 for each set before shipping and handeling. but im now sure what the finalized prices would be.

fraggot
Apr 18th, 2011, 02:21 PM
You can make dog tags(actually dog tags, like for animals) sometimes in front of Wal-Marts haha

itsallgoodie
Apr 18th, 2011, 02:22 PM
You can make dog tags(actually dog tags, like for animals) sometimes in front of Wal-Marts haha

not quite what i had in mind haha.

Dino_Does_Zombies
Apr 26th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I would buy one for sure. Would be an awesome key chain

cycogod
Apr 26th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Cool idea, I would buy multiple sets. Very cool

ObamaCat
Apr 26th, 2011, 08:49 PM

Well Saul or Angel isn't a horrible name for a dog...

But seriously folks...

I'd be down for getting my hands on some WA dog tags for sure! Michael, Saul, Angel, and Burt would be great. Burt's could be old-school (if there are such things as old-school dog tags) like from Vietnam or what-not.

Teethingbiscuit
Apr 27th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Goodie,
I looked at the minimum dollar machines ($3,000)! yikes. Just now looked at hand stamps. $30 bucks for the alphabet and numbers then just an undersurface and a hammer! oh and tags. but the tags are like $.45 or something nominal.
If you get permission for hammering them out then your tags can be taylormade!
I know I can do this and think you would be able to, too. I don't know how to make it work through the website but those are mere details. This can be done and in relatively short order.
Teeth

MrScott101
Apr 27th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I'd be interested in either premade or customizable ones, I'll check with my kid to find out where he got his from and see if the prices are decent there!

COsurvivor
May 1st, 2011, 12:16 PM
QMX does something similar for Battlestar Galactica stuff, there are some on Ebay too, to get an idea. Maybe something can be agreed upon for WA?

Ctatyk Frost
May 22nd, 2011, 09:08 PM
I'd love to have a set of dog tags from the show either pre-made with the show logo on one & a character on the other, or with my info on one & the show logo on the other.
I'm all about unique stuff like this. Even if you could only get dog tags with the show logo on them, that would be cool. I can have one made myself with my info on it if need be.

COsurvivor
May 22nd, 2011, 09:34 PM
Here is a question... What are Michael's, Saul's and Angel's Military ID #... As wouldn't people want their Dog Tags most?

Tandem25
May 23rd, 2011, 04:47 AM
I would buy one for sure. Would be an awesome key chain

I was really debating on whether or not I'd buy them until I saw your post Dino. They'd make a great keychain!
I'd buy a set fo sho.

Cabbage Patch
Jun 10th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Check military surplus stores for "retired" dog tag machines. I remember seeing one for $40 in a surplus store in Killeen, TX a number of years ago.

Drew227598
Jun 25th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I hate to rain on people parade and I am sure I will make a few enemies but I have to say I think it’s a horrible idea to make WA dog tags. I am currently enlisted in the US Navy and have been so for just about 11 years now (AUG 1st is my anniversary) I often see civilians wearing dog tags as a fashion statement and it bugs the ever living life out of me. Most people often forget what dog tags are made for; it’s to identify a body that has been so mangled that it’s beyond identification any other way. Also most people in the armed forces don’t just wear them around there neck like everyone thinks, you lace one tag into one of your boots in case you are not found hole. Then you wear a set around your neck, if you are KIA one tag is removed for notification and the other is left with the body. They also contain your blood type in case you need an emergency blood transfusion and are unconscious as well as religious preference for your last rights. I spent over 5 years of my career deployed a year of that was in Baghdad and while there I also wrote my blood type down the back of my boot as well as the first letter to my last name and then last 4 of my SSN on the side which is very common. I never wear my tags stateside because they are designed to be worn in a war zone, for a very specific reason. I am just about a week away from deploying again back over to the middle east and pulled out my dog tags from a small metal container that I keep them in today because I know I will need them again but I will not put them on until I board that flight back overseas. I love the show and I think I can’t wait for the WA work out gear, as soon as I can order some I will and have it sent to me so I can run around on the base rocking my WA gear however I do not think making WA dog tags are a good idea. I just hope there are a few other people out there who agree with me, Thanks.
Drew
Aut vincere aut mori

Nullifier
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I think it's a great idea, just because you buy them doesn't mean you have to wear them, I've bought sets from other shows & even orgs for support & because they become collectors items.
Besides I still wear mine, because I am allergic to Penicillin, even though Penicillin is rather outdated with many stronger Antibiotics available it wasn't so long ago that a Dr tried to give me Penicillin based meds for tonsillitis, with my tonsils already swollen to the size of golf balls I'd have been 3 minutes from death.
I don't like wearing anything around my wrists or any chains etc around my neck, but the dog tags are a necessary evil.
so yeah, I'd be up for buying a set.

Tandem25
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:53 AM
I hate to rain on people parade and I am sure I will make a few enemies but I have to say I think it’s a horrible idea to make WA dog tags. I am currently enlisted in the US Navy and have been so for just about 11 years now (AUG 1st is my anniversary) I often see civilians wearing dog tags as a fashion statement and it bugs the ever living life out of me. Most people often forget what dog tags are made for; it’s to identify a body that has been so mangled that it’s beyond identification any other way. Also most people in the armed forces don’t just wear them around there neck like everyone thinks, you lace one tag into one of your boots in case you are not found hole. Then you wear a set around your neck, if you are KIA one tag is removed for notification and the other is left with the body. They also contain your blood type in case you need an emergency blood transfusion and are unconscious as well as religious preference for your last rights. I spent over 5 years of my career deployed a year of that was in Baghdad and while there I also wrote my blood type down the back of my boot as well as the first letter to my last name and then last 4 of my SSN on the side which is very common. I never wear my tags stateside because they are designed to be worn in a war zone, for a very specific reason. I am just about a week away from deploying again back over to the middle east and pulled out my dog tags from a small metal container that I keep them in today because I know I will need them again but I will not put them on until I board that flight back overseas. I love the show and I think I can’t wait for the WA work out gear, as soon as I can order some I will and have it sent to me so I can run around on the base rocking my WA gear however I do not think making WA dog tags are a good idea. I just hope there are a few other people out there who agree with me, Thanks.
Drew
Aut vincere aut mori

I agree completely. I think that IF they are made, they should just be dog tag shaped and have a WA logo on them of some sort. No character I.D.'s.
That's a bad idea. If an EMT is trying to treat you after an accident they may confuse your I.D. with a character. It's possible. It could be NFG for the hospital to have AB waiting for you if you're really O+. I mean, they test you anyway but just in case. You don't want a delay in treatment for something stupid. And of course there is always death. It would suck if by some chance you lost your wallet in an accident (it happens) and the police are trying to contact the family/ unit of Saul Tink or Angel Tunudo.