PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Chapter 21 Predictions

nikvoodoo
Apr 18th, 2011, 09:09 AM
The Chapter 21 edition of the Voodoo Lounge is up (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/entry.php?102-Chapter-21-Predictions) so now it's your turn to take a stab at the predictions. Vote in the poll above and I'll recap your votes and mine a little bit later on down the road.

Luna Guardian
Apr 18th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Who's Romeo? Tar?

j0be
Apr 18th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Just a clarification to my vote. I believe we as listeners will definitely learn where Lizzy is. I'm leaning about a 75% chance that the tower will find out where that is.

j0be
Apr 18th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Who's Romeo? Tar?
Saul is "Romeo". He is Romeo to Lizzy's Juliet.

Rock Daddy
Apr 18th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Who's Romeo? Tar?

Well Tar does have a way with the ladies...
In all seriousness, we're talking about Saul right? Or I may have voted erroneously.

nikvoodoo
Apr 18th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Who's Romeo? Tar?

Well Tar does have a way with the ladies...
In all seriousness, we're talking about Saul right? Or I may have voted erroneously.

It's clear who Romeo is if you read the blog first which is here (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/entry.php?102-Chapter-21-Predictions)

Just a clarification to my vote. I believe we as listeners will definitely learn where Lizzy is. I'm leaning about a 75% chance that the tower will find out where that is.
I'm pretty sure we, the listener, will discover the location of Lizzy before the Tower does. I wasn't as confident the Tower folks would figure it out before the end of the chapter. Hence why I went barely over the 50% limit on my prediction percentage.

Luna Guardian
Apr 18th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Guess I should start reading the blogs then...

Well, I left it empty, so my vote won't distort the poll

TheNomad
Apr 18th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Alright has anyone decided on if there are deserters of the Mall, or are they all still one group? Just suppose Scratch took leadership over deserters, and Durai maybe still has control over what's left?

Hellbringer
Apr 18th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I love these polls. Leaves a lot to discuss... and possibly brag about later.

Something to put out there, and it's off-topic, every time I see Chapter XX predictions, I get "I Predict A Riot" by Kaiser Chiefs stuck in my head. Just thought I'd share that bit of trivia.

COsurvivor
Apr 18th, 2011, 02:39 PM
I think there was a split in the mallers after the battle and some stayed at the prison and those of Scratch's group went to this new location and I would assume that since they split the force up more people are able to run away and try to survive away from these psychos.

I think that any rescue attempt for Lizzie will bring a splinter group in the Tower and the so-called "traitor" will emerge as scratch's inside "man".

As for Riley, she has stated he interest in Angel... so any talk of "coming out" is just nuts.

nikvoodoo
Apr 18th, 2011, 03:17 PM
As for Riley, she has stated her interest in Angel... so any talk of "coming out" is just nuts.

She stated "Right. Someone like him" in chapter 7-1 (~7:25) after she stated she likes them tall and blonde. I don't think she's made any other references about her feelings towards Angel other than "Angel keeps trying, but I don't think he gets it." 15-1 (~9:40).

Statistically, 1 out of every 10 people in the United States is identified as a member of the LGBT community. There are 25 people in the Tower. Stands to reason one or two of them might be homosexual.

I think not considering the possibility Riley is a lesbian is just nuts.

Ra1th
Apr 18th, 2011, 09:28 PM
you should change the poll to say reveals her sexuality to be gay instead of just reveals her sexuality, because I would pick reveals her sexuality but to be straight as my choice

nikvoodoo
Apr 18th, 2011, 09:32 PM
you should change the poll to say reveals her sexuality to be gay instead of just reveals her sexuality, because I would pick reveals her sexuality but to be straight as my choice

I didn't feel like making that the choice. The choices are simply she reveals her sexuality or not. Whether she's gay or straight, if she confirms her sexuality one way or the other it works.

So if you voted reveals sexuality and she's straight you would be right.

bequita
Apr 18th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I love that these kids are supposed to be running from zombies and we have time to pause and say, "hey, is she a lesbian?"

Oh the tangled web KC weaves...

Ra1th
Apr 18th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I didn't feel like making that the choice. The choices are simply she reveals her sexuality or not. Whether she's gay or straight, if she confirms her sexuality one way or the other it works.

So if you voted reveals sexuality and she's straight you would be right.

oh damnit now i voted the wrong way awww well this sucks

nikvoodoo
Apr 18th, 2011, 09:48 PM
oh damnit now i voted the wrong way awww well this sucks

Well, if more people find it that confusing, we can just throw those results out next month. But honestly, it's been a pretty split argument on the forums....so it looks pretty much like it should so far.

COsurvivor
Apr 18th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Maybe you are right about not considering the possibility that someone may have an "alternative" lifestyle.

Ra1th
Apr 18th, 2011, 09:52 PM
I'm Angel's biggest fan, i want em to hook up, thats the only reason i want her to be straight

nikvoodoo
Apr 18th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Maybe you are right about not considering the possibility that someone may have an "alternative" lifestyle.
If I'm wrong, I'm lined up to eat my crow along with all the others that believe she is.

Right now, there's slim evidence in both directions but nothing too decisive. I just hope Claire wasn't pulling a fast one on us when she mentioned that at the Q&A because if it never gets confirmed or denied in the series, this forum will stay alive forever just debating this topic :p

Zombiehead
Apr 18th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Angel is going to turn himself in to save Lizzy. Scratch will then aggressively dominate him and they will have scarred little blonde children.

nikvoodoo
Apr 18th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Angel is going to turn himself in to save Lizzy. Scratch will then aggressively dominate him and they will have scarred little blonde children.

*blink blink*

Ra1th
Apr 18th, 2011, 10:49 PM

LOL well if Scratch looks anything like the actress who plays her, I don't think Angel will mind haha

lkiam
Apr 19th, 2011, 07:58 AM
I don't think Lizzy's no was in response to a particular place, but because she recognized that she wasn't at the mall.

Bulldog711
Apr 19th, 2011, 09:47 AM
What would I bet on the "no" being her reaction to the mallers not being at the strip-mall but I think it could provide for a huge twist with a Tower deserter being the reason for the "no"....who would that be? No idea....but it would have to be someone who they thought was killed during the maller battle

nikvoodoo
Apr 19th, 2011, 10:26 AM
What would I bet on the "no" being her reaction to the mallers not being at the strip-mall but I think it could provide for a huge twist with a Tower deserter being the reason for the "no"....who would that be? No idea....but it would have to be someone who they thought was killed during the maller battle

I'm pretty sure that all the bodies of the tower people were accounted for, so the deserter would have to be someone that we've seen alive in season 2. And the only major character we haven't seen since returning to the tower is Kalani. Everyone else has "checked in" as it were.

Bulldog711
Apr 19th, 2011, 10:46 AM
If Kalani is the only logical rat we could have that would be upsetting, or very good work by KC and the team....he is after all one of the most hated characters in the series. This would also make sense with his habit of excessivly brown-nosing and desire to control the tower.....we will just have to wait and see if there is indeed a rat

lkiam
Apr 20th, 2011, 01:16 PM
This might sound a bit far-fetched but one theory I've heard is that Burt evicted Lizzy to infiltrate the Mallers. If this is the case, he must know that getting her out so soon would be a bad idea. As he was the only one who saw the mall, he may have just said the Mallers were gone to delay a rescue attempt and allow Lizzy to gather more information. Or he may have realised that they didn't stand a chance against the Mallers on their turf and knew there was no reasoning with Saul, so he had to resort to other means to stop the rescue. Far-fetched, I know.

nikvoodoo
Apr 22nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
If Kalani is the only logical rat we could have that would be upsetting, or very good work by KC and the team....he is after all one of the most hated characters in the series. This would also make sense with his habit of excessivly brown-nosing and desire to control the tower.....we will just have to wait and see if there is indeed a rat

I'm not one to make very definitive statements on here because I like to leave my options open, but there is definitely a rat and it wasn't Bill. And as attractive as a choice as Kalani is, I think it's just too easy...

This might sound a bit far-fetched but one theory I've heard is that Burt evicted Lizzy to infiltrate the Mallers. If this is the case, he must know that getting her out so soon would be a bad idea. As he was the only one who saw the mall, he may have just said the Mallers were gone to delay a rescue attempt and allow Lizzy to gather more information. Or he may have realised that they didn't stand a chance against the Mallers on their turf and knew there was no reasoning with Saul, so he had to resort to other means to stop the rescue. Far-fetched, I know.

I agree. Very very far fetched. The big problem with him lying about the Mallers being gone but they are still actually there is simple: "they're what??? Let me see!!!!" and Burt's ruse is over. Ultimately, Burt isn't a strategist. He hasn't shown he's really capable of planning something that intricate as what you described.