PDA

View Full Version : We're Alive being Distributed!

Kc
Apr 17th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Ok, so many people missed the announcement because of the crappy internet feed from Meltdown. So, here's what we can tell you.

We're Alive is being picked up for Distribution

with Seasons 1 and 2, and future seasons as well (Although that is pretty far down the line).

This will have us under a major label and take us to all the digital download markets such as iTunes, Audible, Zune, and to places like Barnes and Noble, etc... It's a great step for us and I wish the announcement could have been live last night. This is our big fish...

This means that Season 1 Disc set, first printing, Will no longer be made! We have a limited amount left, so everyone with the First Season will have a collector's item.

COsurvivor
Apr 17th, 2011, 10:30 AM
For those of us who purchased Season 1 CD set, will there be anything more added to the set or have the audio enhanced even more?

I am curious as to what a real set will have versus the digital downloads.

kingisback
Apr 17th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Does that mean the we can buy the seasons at retail stores? Maybe even in Canada?

TCM Revolver
Apr 17th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Congrats KC, Shane and the rest of the WA staff and crew!! That is great news

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t249/222008036p/bigcarp.jpg

First attempt at photoshop. needs work :p

Teethingbiscuit
Apr 17th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Whoa, that's a big fish! Yours too Revolver. Congrats to WA team!
whoop whoop
Teeth

itsallgoodie
Apr 17th, 2011, 10:34 AM
really great! happy for you all. great news!

Kc
Apr 17th, 2011, 10:38 AM
For those of us who purchased Season 1 CD set, will there be anything more added to the set or have the audio enhanced even more?

I am curious as to what a real set will have versus the digital downloads.
Season 1 will be the same as before. There might be one minor fix on Chapter 4 when this disk set is made, but that's all.

COsurvivor
Apr 17th, 2011, 11:08 AM
good you caught that error... good

Isolde
Apr 17th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Congratulations! I knew it was only a matter of time - the entire production team is mad talented. The end of last week a bunch of us had a long drive and I loaded up the podcast on the ipods we'd be using in the three cars. At the last water break, all we talked about was the show (despite all the in car texting). You even converted the toughest one who said no good zombie story could be done in audio. He said, "It's like a movie you watch in your head."

Who said you can't reinvent the wheel? lol

bequita
Apr 17th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Congrats! Love it.

cycogod
Apr 17th, 2011, 08:17 PM
yep--CONGRATS !!

Scratch2k
Apr 17th, 2011, 10:28 PM
This is awesome news and reading this not only made me pull the trigger on actually buying what was in my shopping cart for the last few weeks but also sign up for the forums, I love the series and have recruited about a dozen of my friends in to loving it too. I grabbed two Season 1 box sets, one for me and one for one of my zombie loving friends, any chance we could get them signed by some of the cast before sending them off to Australia?

White_Crow05
Apr 17th, 2011, 11:04 PM
CONGRATS KC!!! I'm glad your hard work is paying off!

patient zero
Apr 18th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Amazing news!

RamblinMike
Apr 18th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Aaaah!

Flippin' Amazing. I'm really glad for you guys. I'ma have to talk to the wife and purchase the old boxed set today.

Ri-fricking-diculous good news.

VeritableHero
Apr 18th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Congratulations! That is good news indeed.

Luna Guardian
Apr 18th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Am I the only one who read We're Alive being Disturbed..? Guys? Anyone?

Seriously though, this is beyond awesome news! Way to go guys, you kick ass!

I The K Train I
Apr 18th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Brilliant! Delighted for the show the cast and crew. Just pure awesomeness!

Rock Daddy
Apr 18th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Congrats guys! This is awesome!

MrScott101
Apr 18th, 2011, 06:48 AM
That is fantastic Kc! I knew something of this nature was bound to happen and only more good things to continue to happen for WA!

SleepyGlenn
Apr 18th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Yay! That's awesome news.

Kc
Apr 18th, 2011, 08:18 AM
This is awesome news and reading this not only made me pull the trigger on actually buying what was in my shopping cart for the last few weeks but also sign up for the forums, I love the series and have recruited about a dozen of my friends in to loving it too. I grabbed two Season 1 box sets, one for me and one for one of my zombie loving friends, any chance we could get them signed by some of the cast before sending them off to Australia?
Unfortunatelly we don't handle the shipping of the CD's, so there's no way for us to sign it :(

ObamaCat
Apr 18th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Congrats! I'm even happier I have my box set now :D

fraggot
Apr 18th, 2011, 12:30 PM
So do you have a timeframe of when it'll be available?

Beaumont
Apr 19th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Great news! congratulations to KC and the whole crew who put the show together. I hope this leads to bigger things for the show.

Kc
Apr 19th, 2011, 08:27 AM
So do you have a timeframe of when it'll be available?
Season 1, we are slating for a July release, whereas Season 2 has yet to be determined.

MrScott101
Apr 19th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Unfortunatelly we don't handle the shipping of the CD's, so there's no way for us to sign it :(

Yeah I found that out already, I was also prompted to quick grab a copy of Season 1, I'm a sucker for collectors stuff!!

wooly
Apr 20th, 2011, 06:14 AM
I couldn't be happier for you all! Here's to WA becoming a paying gig for the cast and crew :)

Given the quality of the show I'm just surprised that it took this long.

Luna Guardian
Apr 20th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I just got my CD-box set of Season 1 in the mail today. Awesome to know it became an instant collectible :D

Kc
Apr 20th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I couldn't be happier for you all! Here's to WA becoming a paying gig for the cast and crew :)

Given the quality of the show I'm just surprised that it took this long.
Finding the right company did take some time... more on that later ;)

itsallgoodie
Apr 20th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Finding the right company did take some time... more on that later ;)

I am really glad to hear that you all stuck by your guns and said, no to everyone who wanted to have some control over the story. Im sure it wasnt easy turning down a pay check but it was well worth it im sure.

mascaria
Apr 26th, 2011, 03:50 AM
July release date huh? My birthday is july 14th, hint hint

j0be
Apr 26th, 2011, 02:13 PM
July release date huh? My birthday is july 14th, hint hint
Mine is July 8th. I think you know who he's going to choose. :)