PDA

View Full Version : Assassins: We're Alive Edition - Message Board Game Signup Thread

Joosbawx
Apr 16th, 2011, 08:29 AM
This is the signup thread for the message board game Assassins: Survivors vs. Infected! If you've never played before a description of the game can be found below. Once we have enough players signed up...approximately a dozen or so...we can begin the first game. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to fire off a PM to me or post them below. At the time of this posting I plan on leaving registration open for at least a week to give people a chance to find this thread and check it out.

Player List
They call me Revolver
Luna Guardian
Wicked Sid
Ra1th
jagp

Game Description

The game consists of two opposing teams: "Survivors" and "Infected". The goal of each team is to eliminate the other team completely before their own ranks are decimated. The Survivors attempt to eliminate the Infected by voting against who they think is possibly infected and then executing that player. The Infected hide among the Survivors in secret, acting as normal as they can and participating in the voting; however, at night they collectively select a victim to be bitten and killed.

The Day phase (voting phase) lasts for 48 real-time hours in order to give everyone time to make cast their votes, defend themselves and spread whatever theories they have about who the Infected are. The Night phase lasts for 24 real-time hours in order to give the Infected time to confer on their selected target and send it privately to the narrator, who will then make their choice known publicly in the thread.

The day and night phases continue until either the Survivors have eliminated all the Infected by voting them to be executed, or the Infected successfully eliminate all of the Survivors. The standard ratio of Infected to Survivors is one (1) Infected for every five (5) Survivors, so the Survivors have strength in numbers and the Infected have the benefit of stealth.

Communication amongst other players via private message is encouraged in order to team up against your opponents; however, and obviously, communicating with the other team (before or after in-game death) in order to reveal roles, etc, should be viewed as cheating. Don't be that guy.

When casting votes in the message thread during the Day Phase, please post your vote in red text to make it easier for the narrator to tally the vote. You may change your vote however often you like, but please go back and edit your previous post to remove the red color of your previous vote for the sake of clarity. Mistakes happen...this is just a courtesy to the narrator.

"Survivor" Roles:

Survivor
You are a survivor of the zombie onslaught. Your job is to stay alive, and ferret out the Infected.

Mason
Your job is to ferret out the Infected, and to protect your fellow Mason(s). There will be a minimum of 2 Masons at game start. The masons are told each other’s identities at the beginning of the game. The advantage of being a Mason is that you know the identity of the other Masons, and you know they are not Infected.

Doctor
Through the wonders of science(!) the Doctor has the ability to determine if a player is Infected or not. Each night phase, you may message the narrator and investigate any one (1) player to determine their role. The answer returned will either be Survivor or Infected. There is only one Doctor per game.

Guard
Each night this player may protect any one (1) player s/he believes is a Survivor from the Infected...including her- or himself. There is only one Guard per game.

"Infected" Roles:

Infected
Each night phase the Infected confer amongst each other to choose a Survivor they want to bite and infect...removing that player from the game. The Infected as a whole should choose a spokesperson to send that information to the narrator via private message, who will then post the scene at the end of the Night phase.

Patient Zero
By virtue of mutation heightened senses and intense concentration, Patient Zero is able to determine the true role of any Survivor. Each night phase, you may message the narrator and to investigate the role one other player. When you select a player, the answer given to you will be the specific role of the selected player...Survivor, Mason, Doctor, or Guard. There is only one Patient Zero per game.

TCM Revolver
Apr 16th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I'm In!!!!

Joosbawx
Apr 16th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Excellent...more players, please!

Luna Guardian
Apr 16th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I love these games! I'm in as well

Wicked Sid
Apr 16th, 2011, 11:12 AM
I kind of thought the last thread was sign up...

Doesn't change anything though, I'm still in.

Joosbawx
Apr 16th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Excellent...that's three in just a few hours so far. Thanks, gents.

Ra1th
Apr 16th, 2011, 05:36 PM
sign me up, this game sounds awesome!

jagp
Apr 17th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Great idea, I'd love to play!

j0be
Apr 17th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Great idea, I'd love to play!
Wow. You're first forum post is to join the game. Awesome.

I like the game idea, but sadly don't think I will have the discipline to follow through.

Joosbawx
Apr 18th, 2011, 12:17 AM
sweet, one more recruit!

and j0be...I think that you may enjoy the writing aspect of a game like this. while certainly not a requirement, it is an excellent outlet for creative juices.

ugh..."creative juices"...I think I'll add that to the same list as "moist".

Joosbawx
Apr 22nd, 2011, 05:22 PM
one shameless bump before I let this awesome idea go the way of the dodo.