PDA

View Full Version : Listen together?

zombiekiller
Apr 15th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Hi, I was thinking it would be great to listen to We're Alive with some other people that also enjoy it. I am in east, Tn and just seeing if any other fans would like to get together once a week or so to listen. Thanks

Adventureless_Hero
Sep 7th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Yowza, what a bunch of slimy dick holes and nasty snatch gunks this forum has to not answer a question like this.

zombiekiller, I will respond; I used to listen to the episodes at work continuously. I had them saved on my office hard drive and would start from 1-1 once I finished the current episode. Then with the completion of season 3 my work internet security decided to be a douche and block any access I had to WA, forums included. *sad face

So, I made myself content with the fact that there was a long off season between 3 and 4. I relistened to the whole tale about 3 times. Now that new episodes are rolling out, I am sad to say I haven't kept up. ONLY because I have a very common condition known as procrastinitis. You see, the episodes are on my home PC, but iTunes is such a pain in the ass that I find it difficult to take my iPod, upload the shizz, and take it to work.

As far as listening to it "together", hells yes. That was great! I did this for a special episode when Angel is put out of his misery with friends. We gathered around the pc, connected to the surround sound, turned out the lights, and sipped our beer. I was chilling out by a speaker with a brew. One buddy was sitting pensively at the center of the couch while another friend stood at the back of the room. He said it was so he could bring us beer, but I think he was scared and wanted to hid in the shadows.

Anyway, my point is that this podcast is the closest we have to those old time radio shows folks huddled in their living room for before the advent of television. It fucking rocks and like anything worthwhile in life, is best enjoyed with good company. :)

Alizée
Sep 7th, 2013, 03:38 PM
AH's opening line got my attention for sure!
I'm a social recluse and the people I do know in person aren't fans of WA (...yet...). The best "listen together" experience I had was last Monday with His Majesty and Liam Kerrington in the VIP Chat Room! If I had friends in person who were fans I would totally get together with them to listen though! :D

turbo
Sep 7th, 2013, 04:56 PM
This would be great! Should do one better and get a google hangout setup!

Osiris
Sep 7th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Yowza, what a bunch of slimy dick holes and nasty snatch gunks this forum has to not answer a question like this.

I say this every time I post a thread.

Alizée
Sep 7th, 2013, 06:24 PM
This would be great! Should do one better and get a google hangout setup!

I like this idea! Then you guys will get to see my stupid "WE'RE ALIVE MAKES ME DIE INSIDE" faces.

Adventureless_Hero
Sep 8th, 2013, 02:13 AM
I say this every time I post a thread.

Who is this guy and how dare he quote me?!

Oy, Alizee. I'm glad you digged the post but what's this that you don't know anyone in person that listens? We need to correct that. A soul without We're Alive is a lost soul indeed. :p I was introduced to the podcast by a buddy who stopped listening for whatever reason (i think his tiny penis got hungry and devoured him whole) but after he ate his way out of that nasty flesh cocoon (in other words I smacked him and said, look vagina nostrils, you introduced me to We're Alive, listen again and see it's might) we organized beer nights where we would listen to the show together. I have 6 buddies now who listen religerously, mostly because I own lots of guns, so we get together, get drunk and listen old school style.

I recommend you smack your friends. Because it's fun. Then after they forgive you tell them about We're Alive and why their life is incomplete without it. Then you all get together, with or without a can of whip cream, and listen to We're Alive together. Trust me, it is a different experience. If all of you are caught up on the show, listening to what develops next, is just...something you need to experience. It's not like TV, or a flick at the theater. Group podcast listening is totally rad, yo. Fo sho.

Alizée
Sep 8th, 2013, 02:56 AM
Who is this guy and how dare he quote me?!

Oy, Alizee. I'm glad you digged the post but what's this that you don't know anyone in person that listens? We need to correct that. A soul without We're Alive is a lost soul indeed. :p I was introduced to the podcast by a buddy who stopped listening for whatever reason (i think his tiny penis got hungry and devoured him whole) but after he ate his way out of that nasty flesh cocoon (in other words I smacked him and said, look vagina nostrils, you introduced me to We're Alive, listen again and see it's might) we organized beer nights where we would listen to the show together. I have 6 buddies now who listen religerously, mostly because I own lots of guns, so we get together, get drunk and listen old school style.

I recommend you smack your friends. Because it's fun. Then after they forgive you tell them about We're Alive and why their life is incomplete without it. Then you all get together, with or without a can of whip cream, and listen to We're Alive together. Trust me, it is a different experience. If all of you are caught up on the show, listening to what develops next, is just...something you need to experience. It's not like TV, or a flick at the theater. Group podcast listening is totally rad, yo. Fo sho.

This post gave me a smile boner.
Also I am drunk.

REZombie
Sep 9th, 2013, 12:30 PM
i have tried to get people to listen... but sadly not one single person will even try it... yes my friends are pricks.