PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Yourself!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

fraggot
Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:15 AM
I've been a part of many forums around the interwebs and they almost always have sort of introduction section or just a thread.

So I figured we need one too. I shall start with myself...

Hi!

My name is Jesse, I currently reside in Louisville, Kentucky(I know most people have no idea where that is). I am a Graphic Designer and work on computers in my spare time for extra cash and currently work for a Car and Outdoor publication, and been doing that for going on 4 or so years now. When I'm not working I also enjoy going to the occasional horror film convention if I can afford to do so.:p

I enjoy long walks on the beach and....just kidding.

I have been a horror film fan for many a years, my uncle gave me my first horror movie Hellraiser on my 5th birthday. It scared the shit out of me and I gave it back to him only to reclaim it years later. Since then it's helped mold me into the weirdo that I am today with a healthy obsession with everything zombie.

I absolutely loved playing Left 4 Dead in my spare time with my girlfriend feet from me fighting alongside me. So if anyone else here enjoys blasting zombies in the face and plays on PC, feel free to message me for my Steam username and we can get a game going.

I also love We're Alive, it's exactly what the zombie genre needed(The Walking Dead included). Well that's all I have to say for now, hope to hear from the rest of you guys on here.

Spud
Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:35 AM
Ah here we Go.

My Name is Jon, im 20 years old and live in Escondido, California (yet another place I'm sure most people don't know about.)
I'm a College Student learning to become an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician.) Im also a full time nerd who plays video games like the Warhammer 40k Dawn of war series and a Ton of shooter Games on the PC *im also on Steam*
Im also Norwegian but since i was born in the US i never got to learn the language but i hope to change that sometime soon.

and aside from giving you my whole life story i'll end it here.

Cheers~

HotLaMon
Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:48 AM
Heh I get so embarrassed when I introduce myself.

Hello! I'm Lee (22) and I work for a company called Reiker Inc. We manufacture computer chips and circuit boards for various companies mostly computer chips for airplanes. I also work part-time at my local GameStop as a Game Advisor (that's just a fancy name for Sales Associate or Cashier). I was born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and am currently still residing in the hellhole of a city. I spend most of my free time playing Final Fantasy XI while streaming "We're Alive" on my Xbox 360 (PM if you'd like me to add you also have a PSN). I enjoy cooking and I love Italian food! (Geez how do you not make this sound like a personals ad?)

Spud
Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:50 AM
(Geez how do you not make this sound like a personals ad?)

ah you dont, we're alive will be the new name for a hot dating site. sounds pretty catchy to me.

mascaria
Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:59 AM
So, when I was 3 or so my dad decorated our apartment for a Halloween party he and my mom were having. Part of the decoration was a stuffed zombie who sat on the couch named George. George was a set of my dad's clothes, stuffed with various cloth things and a really horrible zombie mask. The day after George was put together and set on the couch my parents woke up to find me sitting on George's lap watching my morning cartoons. And so my love of all things zombie was born.

Various other fun facts about me:
* I've lived in 7 states and 17 cities (not a military brat, I just really like moving to new places and experiencing different cities). I'm planning on moving to city #18 (Phoenix, AZ) by the end of the summer to go (back) to college to get a degree in secondary education where I will learn how to make teenagers hate Shakespeare.
* When I was just a little tiny baby I was on a flight with my mother that was hijacked and landed in Cuba which is where my father is from. His family met us at the airport and fed me goat's milk. I, of course, remember none of this.
* I currently live in the Grand Canyon National Park (that's in Arizona) and as such I have one of the prettiest back yards ever and can actually see the canyon from the window of my dorm room.
* I spend an inordinate amount of time role playing on a really really great Vampire: the Requiem (http://www.white-wolf.com/vampire/index.php) IRC role playing server. So as not to spam with what might be an inappropriate shout out if you dig white-wolf or V:tR then hit me up in PM and we can talk if you're interested in joining.

Spud
Jan 22nd, 2011, 01:37 AM
* When I was just a little tiny baby I was on a flight with my mother that was hijacked and landed in Cuba which is where my father is from. His family met us at the airport and fed me goat's milk. I, of course, remember none of this.

that is probably the most interesting thing ive ever heard

mascaria
Jan 22nd, 2011, 10:57 AM
that is probably the most interesting thing ive ever heard

Haha, thank you. :)

Rhino
Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:54 PM
Hello all, Im Brandon a.k.a. Rhino (nickname). Im originaly from Omaha, Nebraska....no I am not a farmer or farm boy, grew up in the city. I currently reside in Orlando Florida and work as a diesel teachnician for the last 5 years. I watch a lot of hockey and am a huge hockey fan, not just one or two teams. I play a little guitar, usually play bands music like : Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin, Bullet For My Valentine, Godsmack, Mudvayne, and random other artists here and there. Just usually learn the song if I like it, but usually stick to rock/metal. Stumbled on to this podcast a week or so ago and am hooked! Love it! and hope one day that they make a movie out of it, but stick to the script!

Ohyran
Jan 22nd, 2011, 01:22 PM
My name is Jens. I'm from Stockholm, Sweden and live in Gothenburg, Sweden with my boyfriend and cats. I work part time as a forklift operator and part time as an illustrator (I prefer the last job but make more with the first). I am a roleplaying geek, sci-fi enthusiast and all around nerd basicly. I'm active in the union and do allot of that kinda work too.

I found the podcast via facebook and some friends and Im basicly forcing everyone I know to listen to it.

Ok gonna do the Mascaria-thing and do all the wierd things about me:
- I've lived in five different countries (Sweden, Soviet Union, Israel, Palestine, Cyprus and Finland). I grew up mainly on UN bases or in occupied zones since my mom didn't wan't my dad to live on his own.
- I've been to riots in three different countries.
- I have treated several stabbings.
- My dad used to smuggle guns when I was a kid (for the revolution, this was the 70's).
- I am intending to propose to my boyfriend in a week or two.
- I have too many siblings to count (my parents have both been married several times). Its about seven of them depending on how you count. Only one sister though.
- My family shot at each other during the second world war (my paternal grandmothers family was on the nazi side, my paternal grandfather and maternal grandfathers on the allied side and my maternal grandmothers family was polish and dutch jews)

Kc
Jan 22nd, 2011, 03:58 PM
I take it your boyfriend doesn't go here, otherwise there goes the surprise!

StepLaugh
Jan 23rd, 2011, 04:45 PM
Hey guys Im Stephen McLaughlin a.k.a StepLaugh...get it? I'm 22 years old. I live in the 336 area of NC. Soon to be attending UNCG for Computer Science. I'm looking to work in the VG's industry one day doing something I love. Like some of you I played Halo Reach with KC and Shane, and quite a few other awesome people, my GT was II ST4RS II.

I mean, there's not much to me, other than I love to read/play games/listen to podcast/watch movies/watch TV shows. I love technology, and I love We're Alive.

I'll be around here alot, I hope to get to know all of you guys more.

TCM Revolver
Jan 23rd, 2011, 07:48 PM
Whats up everyone? I'm Josh. 29 years old from South Dakota (sucks) I work as a for the local ISP and Phone Provider. Been into Zombie / Horror ever since I was little. My screen name is taken from "Metal Gear Solid" Nothing too intresting, I love horror flicks and old tyme slasher flicks.

Wicked Sid
Jan 23rd, 2011, 08:04 PM
You guys make me feel so young and inexperienced... Oh well.

I'm Sid, most people call me John, 18 years old. I enjoy the occasional Video game, Vanquish as of right now. I was recently fired from my job, coffee house dude and am planning on going to college for Chemical Engineering next year. Wicked Sid came from my thoughts when I was trying to think of a GamerTag and I'm glad I chose it because it makes me happy. I enjoy theological and philosophical discussion pertaining to the universe and such. I really like to gather information, its just my thing. I also like to write as you can find my story here on the forums, hope you enjoy it.

I'm here to help and will try my best to do so, all you need to do is ask.

StepLaugh
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:23 PM
I'm glad I chose it because it makes me happy.

Well then that just works out then XD hahaha

Hollomandious
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:37 PM
Hi. I'm Tom.

I just turned 30. I've got a 3 year old lil girl named Taya and a wife named Amy. I work for the Nielsen TV Ratings as a field representative/tech. And the photoshop'd pic of the bloody dawg on the left is named Chewdakka (he's a Chihuahua/Dachshund, get it). I also have an old cat name (no joke) Shithead (it's pronounced Sha-Theed).

I found the podcast a month ago, and i've listened to it 5 times all the way thru. I've passed out MP3 disc's to 10+ people in the attempt to get then hooked on it (all attempts have succeeded). I started looking the forum over about a week before the move. Expect to see a lot of me (spose that was already apparent from how many posts i've done since the move). I don't really have anyone to sit and speculate about the show with (wife doesn't do that kinda thing, she just listens and enjoys), so, this forum is now my outlet.

That'll do for now.

Spud
Jan 23rd, 2011, 10:37 PM
Jens has lived a very interesting life i must say

I The K Train I
Jan 24th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Hi I'm Andy.

I'm from Ireland and I am 22 years old.I am fasinated with zombies and things of that nature. Also an avid lover of football (soccer for the Americans, which I'm sure most of you are) and video games.

I have a dog called Sparky who is getting on in years unfortunetly. I love him to bits. I live in a sea side area, I hate it, it's too remote. I am looking towards moving out in the spring time and getting back into the city (Born and raised there for 20 years).

I spend my days working in a ISP call center who shall remain unnamed. It was actually here where I discovered We're Alive. I caught The Walking Dead at the end of the 2010 and it rekindled my love for Zombies. Started hanging around a zombie thread on boards.ie (very popular Irish forum) and someone posted We're Alive. Have been hooked on it since. Got my mate who sits next to me in work hooked as well. We listen every week and then we listen to We're not dead.

My music interest include anything from rock to heavy metal. My favourite rock bands are Oasis and RUSH. My favourite football team is Manchester United, I'm sure a few of you have heard of them.

My favourite style of video game is RPG. Final Fantasy 7 topping the list. There are loads of them I like, such as Mass Effect and Elder Scrolls etc.

I'm single for the longest time now, suppose it comes with the tag of being "geeky", sure what harm at the end of the day. I'm happy.

Enough about me jabbering on. Looking forward to chatting and getting to know you all.

hardrocknguy
Jan 25th, 2011, 02:12 PM
My name is Charlie, or hardrocknguy as I go on forums.

I work full-time at a job that I will not mention. I'm from the good ol' USA. I am a big fan of zombie related movies; Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, and more. I love zombie related games such as Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 and more. I also read The Walking Dead and also loved the show. I have also been playing guitar for about 10 years on and off.

I am also a gamer, of about 25 years. Something I enjoy very much. I am the co-host of a PS3 podcast named Trophy Whores (crude name I know), where we talk about Playstation related news, topics, games and more, that you can also find on iTunes. You can also get a hold of me on twitter (link in the signature).

StepLaugh
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:14 PM
@Hardrocknguy

BEYOND!

Joker's Daughter
Jan 26th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Way cool to read of you who love the zombie madness as I.
I'm going to be 26 tomorrow. (I feel 46, it sucks! haha) I am from Spokane, WA, and to follow suit, no one has heard of this place either!
I work for an insurance company. (fun, I know right?)
I heard about the podcast from a friend here at work and listened to chapters 1-17 in two workdays! I in turn 'paid it forward' and turned our other friend on to the series. It was very, very hard to have to wait until this past Monday for the first part of chapter 18, and I had to go back to my boring musical playlists even! ugh. What's happening to poor Saul!!!! I LOVE anything undead. So much so, that even my daughter's favorite Scooby episode is Zombie Island. My son wanted to be a zombie for halloween, but his dad doesn't love them as much as I, and he was a freakin storm trooper instead. The nerve!
Not too much to tell here other than what I've already typed. Time to work, and wait for the best podcast I've heard yet. :o)

Spud
Jan 26th, 2011, 01:36 PM
well Happy Birthday
and thats incredibly nerdy of you guys to dress up like that on halloween *+100 internets*
and welcome to the forums!

Pteranodon
Feb 2nd, 2011, 03:34 PM
Hi! 'Revolver' was nice enough to point me to this thread- I couldn't find it cause I'm a decrepit over-40-something "12-O'Clock Flasher" who still can't figure out the Computerwebs....

Got hooked on "We're Alive" this Summer- I look forward to these episodes as eagerly as any TV show. WA ranks up there with my favorite shows of any medium, period.

mascaria
Feb 2nd, 2011, 03:38 PM
Welcome to the forum Pteranodon!

It'll take a little getting used to but you'll figure it out!

nikvoodoo
Feb 2nd, 2011, 10:34 PM
well I never quite realized this was where it was. I've been posting here all week and never introduced myself. I'm Nick and the reason I go by Nikvoodoo is a random story from high school.

While joking around with some friends one day, I "voodoo cursed" a friend (with the incantation from an Adam Sandler song) and she came back the next day and said her hamster had died. Well, everyone thought it was my fault. I personally laughed it off as a strange coincidence. Until I jokingly did it again to a different friend and the next day she came in and said her gerbil had died.

I tend to not joke around about voodoo spells anymore...

My draw to We're Alive wasn't so much the Zombie aspect (though that is certainly a plus), but in addition to being a theater major in college (and a professional theater artist now) I was also a Communications major specializing in audio/radio. So I have a soft spot in my heart for Radio Dramas.

So that's me. Sorry for being rude and not introducing myself sooner. Between Monday's being the only day Theater people get as a day off, Monday Night Raw, and We're Alive: I will never have a Case of the Monday's ever again.

StepLaugh
Feb 3rd, 2011, 04:27 AM
I do have to say you made me LOL

Big Fish
Feb 3rd, 2011, 11:17 AM
I agree with the previous comment of this feeling like an intro to a dating site ...

So here goes, I'm Sean, 31, married with a 8 year old son, 2 cats and a dog. I work as a Senior Store operations manager for a very large e-commerce company that creates and manages online stores for companies like Microsoft, EA Games, Phillips, Mattel and the list just goes on and on. I may have a nice title, but in the end, all it really means is that I do a lot of web "grunt work".

I got hooked on We're Alive sometime over the summer, and thankfully was able to sit down while at work and listen to the whole first season in a few days. Sadly, I then had to endure the couple month wait for season 2, and am already anticipating the depression kicking in when I have to wait for season 3.

Adogg
Feb 3rd, 2011, 12:01 PM
Well I try not to reveal too much of "me" on the internets but I will say that it appears I am the second oldest (34) and have the most kids (3 boys).

I really enjoy this podcast becuase it is so well done. I do money stuff (lets leave it at that), and spend a lot time consider complex scenarios/options for my clients. However, my mind ALWAYS works on two things at once (yes even then...) so in order to block out other conversations and keep my mind on task, I listen to podcasts. LOTS of podcats. I cant tell you how many I listen to that are complete crap. I've listened to the entire series twice and will probably start on a third one soon (bunch of meetings coming up).

PS. I have never drank goat milk on a hijacked plane in Cuba. :-)

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 3rd, 2011, 12:31 PM
Adogg!
LOL.. i'm over 40 and in exactly 20 days I'll have served 20 years active duty USAF! Stationed in Miami for the moment. Served 4 years in the Security Forces and the last 15ish in HR. Trained as a lvl 2 Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection instructor. 3 daughters, 2 dogs, have 20k comic books, spent 45 days in Haiti after the earthquake and hail from Kalamazoo MI.

Ra1th
Feb 3rd, 2011, 01:22 PM
I'm Arvind, I'm 18, I'm a freshmen in college. I'm a business major.

I'm not ussually a fan of horror stuff but thats mostly cause everyone keeps dying so i really liked we're alive cause for the most part, the characters live.

Other than that I'm pretty sure I'm Angel's biggest fan, at least on the forums, i'll defend him almost unconditionally... hope he doesnt die, that would suck

StepLaugh
Feb 3rd, 2011, 02:24 PM
I love how this has became a contest of who has the most kids!

Onslaught
Feb 3rd, 2011, 04:07 PM
I'm not gonna go into too much detail here (for my own sake guys) but my name is Jake I'm still in high school and right about now its kicking my ass. I live about 20 miles south of Garden City Kansas. Nice town but it has a gang problem. The country is nice out here but the crappy part is it can get to 110 in the summer and -6 in the winter. This causes me to stay inside a lot and thats where I discovered video games and We're alive. I was a pathological gamer for a few years and thats where I discovered horror, zombies, and realized how awesome it is. I'm great with technology and computers, and hope to go into some sort of game developing career.

StepLaugh
Feb 3rd, 2011, 04:15 PM
Dang dude that's some crazy climate changes!

Onslaught
Feb 3rd, 2011, 04:19 PM
You have no idea, on Tuesday Dr. Atha being the great superintendent he is decided we should have school in -3 degree weather with a -33 degree windchill.

StepLaugh
Feb 3rd, 2011, 04:28 PM
dang dude if it's 20 degrees here in central nc, and there's a little ice on the roads, schools are closed!

tommy_vercetti
Feb 3rd, 2011, 04:33 PM
Im Vince, I havent posted that much around here. Anyway Im a huge gamer, and thats how I learned about the podcast. The one and and only Greg Miller tweeted or said it on gamescoop or beyond........I dont remember. I live in Montreal(probably the only canadian here)

and BEYOND! to any fellow listeners

Onslaught
Feb 3rd, 2011, 04:34 PM
You're lucky, its like the superintendent here likes it better when schools in. I remember about two years ago we had some really bad snow. It was about two feet and the snow drift got up to around 4-5 feet. And so Dr. Atha decides to keep school going. So around two o'clock he cancels the rest of the day of school which would have been only about an hour and a half more and the parking lot got so congested a chain reaction of crashes ensued and the buses weren't able to get in the parking lot and got stuck. It took around two more hours before they could clear all the crap up and even then they had to start calling parents to get their kids. It was pretty crazy man.

Ra1th
Feb 3rd, 2011, 04:41 PM
wow and i was complaining about having to walk to my car in 40 degree weather this morning u guys got it rough

Onslaught
Feb 3rd, 2011, 04:48 PM
wow and i was complaining about having to walk to my car in 40 degree weather this morning u guys got it rough
You should see our snow, not only did it snow but the wind was bad enough to carry dirt around and settle it on the snow. So its like a frozen desert outside. Man would I like to be somewhere warm right now.

Brooke Steele
Feb 3rd, 2011, 05:08 PM
Hi - I used my facebook account to connect, so you know my name. I am an assistant professor of Biomedical Engineering. My last research project involved going to the slaughterhouse and getting the lungs from lambs and taking them back to my lab to re-animate them and measure the impact of respiration on pulmonary blood flow. It was really cool when it worked and I did feel like a mad-scientist. We casted the vessels and dissolved the tissue. It was really disgusting so I made my student change the solution. Then we use the data to make computer models to help docs help people.

I am the second oldest here, have a cat, know where Escondido,CA is, and live in Raleigh, NC. The only video game I ever play is RockBand. I love podcasts - I listen to them when I work out or can't sleep.

My only Zombie connection is that I have my undergrads (I teach programming to engineers) implement several models of Zombie invasions - taking into account the latent infection, cure rate, etc. as a model of an infectious disease. The students love doing "research" by watching zombie movies. In our models, the zombies always win.

StepLaugh
Feb 3rd, 2011, 05:19 PM
Hi - I used my facebook account to connect, so you know my name. I am an assistant professor of Biomedical Engineering. My last research project involved going to the slaughterhouse and getting the lungs from lambs and taking them back to my lab to re-animate them and measure the impact of respiration on pulmonary blood flow. It was really cool when it worked and I did feel like a mad-scientist. We casted the vessels and dissolved the tissue. It was really disgusting so I made my student change the solution. Then we use the data to make computer models to help docs help people.

I am the second oldest here, have a cat, know where Escondido,CA is, and live in Raleigh, NC. The only video game I ever play is RockBand. I love podcasts - I listen to them when I work out or can't sleep.

My only Zombie connection is that I have my undergrads (I teach programming to engineers) implement several models of Zombie invasions - taking into account the latent infection, cure rate, etc. as a model of an infectious disease. The students love doing "research" by watching zombie movies. In our models, the zombies always win.

Sounds awesome, I'm guessing State? Wolfpack?

mascaria
Feb 3rd, 2011, 11:26 PM

That's pretty awesome!

Welcome to the board.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 4th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Ok,
My question to Brooke is WHY do the zombies always win? *note to Sgt Cross.. this is how intel is gathered.* LOL!

Onslaught
Feb 4th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Ok,
My question to Brooke is WHY do the zombies always win? *note to Sgt Cross.. this is how intel is gathered.* LOL!
They don't always win, but it really depends on how smart the people are. I'm sure if there ever was a zombie outbreak us zombie loving freaks would survive pretty easily.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 4th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Onslaught,
Brooke said in the scenarios/models they run, the bitters always win. So, I wanna know how and why?
If learning how and why means I have to up my cardio (Rule 1 in Zombieland) or the people in the models forget to follow rule 2, then i wanna know! LOL

Onslaught
Feb 4th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Onslaught,
Brooke said in the scenarios/models they run, the bitters always win. So, I wanna know how and why?
If learning how and why means I have to up my cardio (Rule 1 in Zombieland) or the people in the models forget to follow rule 2, then i wanna know! LOL
LOL the double tap. Well lets see, there are a crap load of factors to take in to run in he simulator or scenarios. There is location, time, place, rural or urban, how smart of fit the people are. Really what you want to be is pretty decent size, strong, armed to the teeth (so a gas station clerk is a good idea) and in great condition. And if you're a welder you could armor up a car get to the nearest gas station pickup a zombie killing machine and get the hell out of there. That or be an astronaut.

SleepyGlenn
Feb 5th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Hey everyone,

My name's Glenn, I'm 22, and I'm from London UK. I read about We're Alive on IGN, listened to the first episode out of curiousity and have been hooked ever since! I've had a mega catching up session and now I'm up to speed with it all!

My only fear is that the talented team behind the podcast will soon realize they can make a lot more money elsewhere... but for now it's amazing to be a fan. :-)

I can't say I have any Zombie connections (besides looking like one in the morning) but I like 28 days & weeks later. I'm really into games too, like most of you here it seems, and I've met the lead designer on Left 4 Dead. :-)

Thanks for reading peeps,
Glenn

StepLaugh
Feb 5th, 2011, 12:55 PM
My only fear is that the talented team behind the podcast will soon realize they can make a lot more money elsewhere... but for now it's amazing to be a fan. :-)

Glenn

Kc, the lead writer/producer for the show has said he'll see the whole story through, and he said that to do that he's going to do 4 seasons, so we're not even half way through it yet.

Kc
Feb 5th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Kc, the lead writer/producer for the show has said he'll see the whole story through, and he said that to do that he's going to do 4 seasons, so we're not even half way through it yet.
It's not impossible, but it's not likely. It could happen where the show gets bought, but that's always a possibility.

That being said, we're still running headstrong in the direction of Producing Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4 without any interruption. If anything changes we'll let you know, but there's no problems on the radar ;)

StepLaugh
Feb 5th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I'll buy the show for $5, just to make sure that it never happens! ;)

Brooke Steele
Feb 5th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Onslaught,

In out models there are a lot of factors, but mainly the zombies win because the human birth rate is zero (time frame is less than 9 months) and the Zombies don't die of natural causes. So, they better get busy in the Colony and the tower to replenish the casualties.

Brooke Steele
Feb 5th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Sounds awesome, I'm guessing State? Wolfpack?

Yep - Joint program with UNC.

Onslaught
Feb 5th, 2011, 03:46 PM
In out models there are a lot of factors, but mainly the zombies win because the human birth rate is zero (time frame is less than 9 months) and the Zombies don't die of natural causes. So, they better get busy in the Colony and the tower to replenish the casualties.
Well that does make sense, most humans probably won't survive the initial attack and even the ones who do won't survive much longer after that. And even if they did and the birth rate did become existent they would still be babies that couldn't fend for themselves. Then of course babies have to have attention and special kinds of food which would just make it a burden to have a child.

SleepyGlenn
Feb 5th, 2011, 03:48 PM
It's not impossible, but it's not likely. It could happen where the show gets bought, but that's always a possibility.

That being said, we're still running headstrong in the direction of Producing Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4 without any interruption. If anything changes we'll let you know, but there's no problems on the radar ;)

That's good to hear, KC! Also I think I should say the obvious, that I think your show is amazing. <3

I'll buy the show for $5, just to make sure that it never happens! ;)

Jim Gleason's salary REVEALED!! On a serious note, I'd donate money to keep the podcast going.

Brooke Steele
Feb 5th, 2011, 05:14 PM
They don't always win, but it really depends on how smart the people are. I'm sure if there ever was a zombie outbreak us zombie loving freaks would survive pretty easily.

So you all got me thinking about this more. I think a good analogy to the zombie outbreak is instantly fatal malaria resulting in the birth of a new, malaria infected mosquito.

In our story, there are many more mosquitos that humans (guess 10,000 : 1) and no malaria cure/vaccine and no mosquito repellant. The odds of human survival is pretty bleak.

The only chance for human survival would be to find a cure/vaccine or to kill all the infected en mass. Maybe if they drop a sweat bomb to lure them into a pit and then light them on fire, but killing them one at a time won't work. I'm hoping for some "super science" sort of like in I am Legend where they find out what caused the outbreak and a cure. That means they will have to capture some and study them. How fun would that be? :D

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 5th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Holy cow Brooke! Zero births is the deciding factor? We're talking generations of occupation by the infected then and not just a few years?
I have to look at current events and say that since we've been dealing with Iraq for over 20 years now, kids who were babies at the time of the Kuwait Invasion are participating in the war efforts now.
Having said that, wouldn't the kids who are born at the onset of the invasion (if they're hidden and not eaten) be the warriors to fight the battles for the next 50 years?

Destiny
Feb 5th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new here. I started listening last night and I LOVE this, I've spent all day just listening, chapter by chapter.

Wicked Sid
Feb 5th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Welcome, Destiny. Good to see you joined up and I hope to see more posts from you.

And only last night? How far are you?

Destiny
Feb 5th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Welcome, Destiny. Good to see you joined up and I hope to see more posts from you.

And only last night? How far are you?

Thanks. And Chapter 15, Part 3 of 3

nikvoodoo
Feb 5th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Thanks. And Chapter 15, Part 3 of 3

Sadly you are about to join the rank and file of the rest of us.....who twiddle our thumbs waiting for Monday's to roll around. Welcome aboard!

TCM Revolver
Feb 5th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Sadly you are about to join the rank and file of the rest of us.....who twiddle our thumbs waiting for Monday's to roll around. Welcome aboard!

lol, thankfully we have this little "support group" here :p

Onslaught
Feb 6th, 2011, 07:30 AM
lol, thankfully we have this little "support group" here :p
Yes, its the only thing that allows us to keep our minds busy until Monday pops up and we all scream yeah!

mascaria
Feb 6th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Hello everyone, I'm new here. I started listening last night and I LOVE this, I've spent all day just listening, chapter by chapter.

Hi! Welcome

damnitsted
Feb 7th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Hi, my name is Ted. I am 19 years old and am an engineering student at Arizona State. I have been in love with the idea of zombies for as long as I can remember. I found out about this podcast from the "Weekly Download" podcast on the Zune marketplace which released between season 1 and 2. Since then I have shared this show with many of my friends who in turn shared it with others.

Destiny
Feb 7th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Hi, my name is Ted. I am 19 years old and am an engineering student at Arizona State. I have been in love with the idea of zombies for as long as I can remember. I found out about this podcast from the "Weekly Download" podcast on the Zune marketplace which released between season 1 and 2. Since then I have shared this show with many of my friends who in turn shared it with others.

Nice to not be the only newbie on the forums.

SleepyGlenn
Feb 7th, 2011, 02:25 PM

Welcome! You seem to be part of a small wave of newbies including myself! It's cool here.

Just don't knock any plant pots off the edge, it'll attract zombies.

mascaria
Feb 7th, 2011, 03:01 PM
We get new newbies every day. You guys are nearing old school already <3

SleepyGlenn
Feb 7th, 2011, 03:04 PM

Omg, soon we will be as old as... BERT!

Onslaught
Feb 7th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Ha, I joined close to the end of January and I feel nice at home here.

Big Fish
Feb 8th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Omg, soon we will be as old as... BERT!

Bert isn't old ... he's experienced ;)

Wicked Sid
Feb 8th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Heh... Look at all this fresh meat. I remember back to the old for... *Drifts off to mumbles*

Wait... It wasn't that long ago, looks like I need to get rid of the gruff in my voice... And this non-existent beard. ;)

SleepyGlenn
Feb 8th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Heh... Look at all this fresh meat. I remember back to the old for... *Drifts off to mumbles*

Wait... It wasn't that long ago, looks like I need to get rid of the gruff in my voice... And this non-existent beard. ;)

I am a post-old forumite! I hear back in those days the podcast was transmitted in black and white.

Bert isn't old ... he's experienced ;)

You winking made that statement seem all too suggestive. Unless that's what you intended, you big Burt groupie! ;-)

Ra1th
Feb 8th, 2011, 02:44 PM
ITS BURT NOT BERT!!! sorry the grammar nazi in me

SleepyGlenn
Feb 8th, 2011, 02:54 PM

I wasn't sure which! :-( I have changed it now!

StepLaugh
Feb 8th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I wasn't sure which! :-( I have changed it now!

Now that the new wiki is about to be up, you'll never have to worry :D

SleepyGlenn
Feb 8th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Now that the new wiki is about to be up, you'll never have to worry :D

I know! I noticed... and I looked up Burt! Good work guys :-)

Onslaught
Feb 9th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Hey Ra1th would you get pissed off if I start calling Michael Micheal? Just screwing with ya

mush_rooms
Feb 10th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Hello everyone!

I was introduced to We're Alive by the wonderful StepLaugh awhile ago, but only recently really sat down and started listening. And I must say...I've been positively hooked. I'm nearly caught up to the most recent episode and I'm really excited to start contributing once I am!

Other than that, I guess all you need to know about me is that I play lots of video games, I'm in school for writing, and I constantly map out my zombie survival plan on a day-to-day basis. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

StepLaugh
Feb 10th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Hello everyone!

I was introduced to We're Alive by the wonderful StepLaugh awhile ago, but only recently really sat down and started listening. And I must say...I've been positively hooked. I'm nearly caught up to the most recent episode and I'm really excited to start contributing once I am!

Other than that, I guess all you need to know about me is that I play lots of video games, I'm in school for writing, and I constantly map out my zombie survival plan on a day-to-day basis. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

I'm glad you could FINALLY join us!

mush_rooms
Feb 10th, 2011, 04:46 AM
I'm glad you could FINALLY join us!

Haha, you knew you'd get me to come here eventually. I'll try my best to behave. :o

almostmyturn
Feb 10th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Hi I'm Alan and I want to win a We're Alive t-shirt.

nikvoodoo
Feb 10th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Hi I'm Alan and I want to win a We're Alive t-shirt.

Welcome and good luck!

OrangeSMan
Feb 10th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Hey guys my names Samer (its pronounced sam-er). Im 15 years old in sunny ol' Orlando, Florida. I love comics and video games, plus im a huge sci-fi/ fantasy fan. I am a viewer of AOTS. I also listen to IGN Game Scoop and IGN Podcast Beyond regularly. I just got into We're Alive (at the time of writing im on Chapter 4 Part 2). And as for my introduction, thats it, see you guys around the forums!

StepLaugh
Feb 10th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Welcome, and hurry up and catchup so you can discuss everything, but also take your time and savor it.

OrangeSMan
Feb 10th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Haha thanks and will do!

mascaria
Feb 10th, 2011, 06:26 PM
I think I've listened through like 5 times now.
Guys, I need help.

nikvoodoo
Feb 10th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I think I've listened through like 5 times now.
Guys, I need help.

or an award!

mascaria
Feb 11th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I would take an award.

Kc
Feb 11th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I would take an award.

Maybe one day we can have a trivia session...

StepLaugh
Feb 11th, 2011, 02:47 PM
That'd be awesome!!!

mascaria
Feb 11th, 2011, 03:28 PM

i actually have a few ideas for community fun things. trivia was on the list!

Ra1th
Feb 12th, 2011, 04:51 PM
A trivia game would be pretty fun, how would it work tho?

nikvoodoo
Feb 12th, 2011, 04:55 PM
It may not necessarily work, but one of my other communities uses funtrivia.com and have the quiz locked out unless you have the password (which is hidden on the homepage where everyone can find it if they look). It's not necessarily topic specific, but I think it draws on all the quizzes on the site and you can organize daily trivia. That's one idea.

Zombiehead
Feb 12th, 2011, 07:15 PM

Sounds like fun.

Palm Bear
Feb 13th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Afternoon gentlepeople,

I'm Marc from the Netherlands and after hearing my favorite IGN editor talk about this podcast for the 10th time I figured I'd give it a shot. I was expecting a mediocre storytelling with lame acting and cheap sound effects on the border of amateurism. Instead I was amazed from the very first episode on how much the great acting, very cool story and awesome sound effects created an entire world around me whilst I was listening to the first Chapter.

This happened only yesterday and it wasn't until my girlfriend called me, interrupting the podcast, that I realized I was walking around with my dog for over an hour. I completely forgot track of time and was engrossed by the awesome world created in my mind thanks to this amazing podcast. I cannot stress how much I respect the awesome work and quality I hear through my ear buds.

So I didn't hesitate on second when I discovered this forum.

Hail and Kill !!!

Palm Bear

nikvoodoo
Feb 13th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Afternoon gentlepeople,

I'm Marc from the Netherlands and after hearing my favorite IGN editor talk about this podcast for the 10th time I figured I'd give it a shot. I was expecting a mediocre storytelling with lame acting and cheap sound effects on the border of amateurism. Instead I was amazed from the very first episode on how much the great acting, very cool story and awesome sound effects created an entire world around me whilst I was listening to the first Chapter.

This happened only yesterday and it wasn't until my girlfriend called me, interrupting the podcast, that I realized I was walking around with my dog for over an hour. I completely forgot track of time and was engrossed by the awesome world created in my mind thanks to this amazing podcast. I cannot stress how much I respect the awesome work and quality I hear through my ear buds.

So I didn't hesitate on second when I discovered this forum.

Hail and Kill !!!

Palm Bear

That's awesome! I hope your dog survived your epic walk! Welcome!

kjarman
Feb 13th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Alright, figured I'd finally get on here and get my introduction up as well. I'm Ken and live in Wichita, KS. I do IT/Tech work at a machine shop, managing about 30 office users, plus all of the computers and machines on the shop floor. The company is about to expand this year, so that may double before too long. I've gotten several people hooked on We're Alive and always trying to add more. Even though I work in an office, I do enjoy being active and I achieve that goal between basketball at lunch with coworkers(when the weather permits it) and going to the gym.

In response to one of the early posters... yeah this does sound a lot like a personals ad. Oh well...

lectio
Feb 13th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I finally joined the forum. I'm Heather. I live in Alberta, Canada, and I'm really enjoying the show. It's fantastic!

I'm working on an interdisciplinary MA degree at the moment - my thesis is on representations of zombies and post-apocalypse in popular culture (books, comics, movies, video games, MMORPG). Basically, I'm trying to look for answers to the question of why we tell ourselves these stories, and why we indulge in them. It's interesting stuff.

And it means that zombie movies and things like the We're Alive podcast counts as research. :) If you there are obscure zombie movies or books you think I should track down, please let me know!

mascaria
Feb 13th, 2011, 03:39 PM
And it means that zombie movies and things like the We're Alive podcast counts as research. :) If you there are obscure zombie movies or books you think I should track down, please let me know!

http://goo.gl/1MV0I

lectio
Feb 13th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Oo - thanks!

Dtran
Feb 14th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Hello! Names dave, i work in games, I was introduced to we're alive through a friend, and i am hooked. I just finished listening to it for the second time in a row.

nikvoodoo
Feb 15th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Hello! Names dave, i work in games, I was introduced to we're alive through a friend, and i am hooked. I just finished listening to it for the second time in a row.

Greetings and salutations! What kind of work to do you in games? Develop? Animator?

Dtran
Feb 15th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Thanks! I am an artist, mainly 3D work but i prefer 2D concept work.

nikvoodoo
Feb 15th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Thanks! I am an artist, mainly 3D work but i prefer 2D concept work.

I've always been so envious of anyone who can draw or do anything to the like. Mainly because I've always been so damn rotten at it. I always had to explain to my art teachers what exactly they were looking at....I suppose I could have tried to be an abstract artist or something....

Anyway, did you see the fan art contest (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?86-New-Community-Contest-We-Want-Your-Fan-Art!)? You should give it a whirl! P.S.- Britt's drawing is the Mona Lisa compared to anything I could do.

Meeks
Feb 15th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Hi there everyone. I'm Meeks. 24, living in Virginia, boring job, and World of Warcraft addict. I'm an original member of the first We're Alive forums, as well as forum moderator before we switched to this new format. Um.. that's about all. I'm a zombiehead and Mondays with new We're Alive episodes can never come fast enough.

Kc
Feb 15th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Hi there everyone. I'm Meeks. 24, living in Virginia, boring job, and World of Warcraft addict. I'm an original member of the first We're Alive forums, as well as forum moderator before we switched to this new format. Um.. that's about all. I'm a zombiehead and Mondays with new We're Alive episodes can never come fast enough.
Meeks, you want a moderator status back?

Britt
Feb 15th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Hi. My name is Brittney and I am a nerd.

TCM Revolver
Feb 15th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Hi. My name is Brittney and I am a nerd.

Hi Brittney, your among friends :p

Meeks
Feb 15th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Meeks, you want a moderator status back?

If you need more, then sure. But if not, no worries :D

Kc
Feb 15th, 2011, 10:50 PM
If you need more, then sure. But if not, no worries :D
It's up to you. We have a good amount of active ones-

mascaria
Feb 16th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Hi Brittney, your among friends :p
you're :| </grammar>

TCM Revolver
Feb 16th, 2011, 08:17 AM
you're :| </grammar>

She dropped the "grammar hammer"!! lol :)

Teethingbiscuit
Feb 16th, 2011, 10:14 AM
She dropped the "grammar hammer"!! lol :)
You've pegged my wife's pet peeve. Grammar used improperly.
I've got her hooked on the Story of Survival. Only took me 10 months to get the balls enough to tell her, "Listen to one and then I know you will be hooked. If not I'll let well enough alone." She has made it to chapter 10 asap, and is more than willing to catch an episode with me.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Feb 16th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Just realized I hadn't posted in here yet.
Oh well, better late than never.

I'm an 18-year-old guy from the Netherlands. Next summer, I'll start my Bachelor Mechanical Engineering at the University of Twente, assuming I pass my finals.
Hobbies and interests include geeky stuff like smartphones, computers, Web-design, 3D CGI and C# / Silverlight programming, but I also make photographs, frequently visit the gym, and if the weather allows it I exercise using an ATP handcycle. (click for image.) (http://www.ushf.org/hc101/trunk.jpg)
When using it I have a route of roughly 25km, so that's rather exhausting.

Music I like includes artists like Alter Bridge, Kamelot and other metal or hard rock groups without screaming or growling vocals.

Whenever possible, I try to help out, though it depends on the subject. Also, in most cases I tend to give background information which can help people answer their own question, instead of giving the answer straight away. So you've been warned - lazy bums won't profit too much from my advice ;)
This especially goes for anything techy, ofcourse, or something else I (think I) know a fair lot about.

smart zombie
Feb 16th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Male from Canada. Just recently found this podcast, after reading "World War Z", and I'm hooked on it.

mascaria
Feb 16th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Male from Canada. Just recently found this podcast, after reading "World War Z", and I'm hooked on it.
If you can find it you should check out the WWZ audio drama. It's really good.

Meeks
Feb 16th, 2011, 02:30 PM
It's up to you. We have a good amount of active ones-

Don't worry about it then. I can't stay as active as I'd probably like, so having more active ones would be alot more productive than myself. I'm more here for the community than just coming on to mod the forums.

Wicked Sid
Feb 17th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Don't worry about it then. I can't stay as active as I'd probably like, so having more active ones would be alot more productive than myself. I'm more here for the community than just coming on to mod the forums.

Hey, Meeks, how about you help me be a Super? We could use a new one, seeing as we only have one at the moment. :cool:

What do you think, Kc? I'm pretty sure a mod from the olden days could be in use of an upgrade.

MrScott101
Feb 17th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Here's my introduction, I was linked to the podcast a couple weeks ago from Greg's IGN podcast and did what I could to get up to speed starting with chapter 1 and managed to get current as of last friday. Anyways I play way too much ps3 for my age, married with kids, working on doing a home recording project (band) with my wife and absolutely love this podcast. Helps that I'm into the old radio dramas to start with!

Wicked Sid
Feb 18th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Here's my introduction, I was linked to the podcast a couple weeks ago from Greg's IGN podcast and did what I could to get up to speed starting with chapter 1 and managed to get current as of last friday. Anyways I play way too much ps3 for my age, married with kids, working on doing a home recording project (band) with my wife and absolutely love this podcast. Helps that I'm into the old radio dramas to start with!

Welcome!

And actually it seems the ages vary so greatly here that its astounding, I'm actually on the younger side, majority of active users play games and a good amount have a wife and/or a kid(s). To further set you into this forum's type and make you lose your individuality, we all love audio-dramas! Oh, and there's a lot of people who got here via Greg.

Hope you post more and have an enjoyable experience here.

MrScott101
Feb 18th, 2011, 04:16 PM
I'll for sure post more, anything to draw away the mundane workload, yeah I'm usually online whilst at work.

mbarbaro
Feb 18th, 2011, 09:22 PM
"to make teenagers hate Shakespeare."

I was never taught how to hate Shakespeare I actually kind of enjoy it

mbarbaro
Feb 18th, 2011, 09:24 PM
My name is Matt I live in Leominster, MA, birthplace of Johnny Appleseed and the Pink Plastic Lawn Flamingo. I am currently a senior in high school graduating in a class of 55 in June and going to college next year for secondary education

lectio
Feb 18th, 2011, 09:33 PM
My name is Matt I live in Leominster, MA, birthplace of Johnny Appleseed and the Pink Plastic Lawn Flamingo. I am currently a senior in high school graduating in a class of 55 in June and going to college next year for secondary education

Welcome to the forums!

TKD SNIPER
Feb 19th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Hey my name is Andrew AKA "TKDSNIPER"
im a amature film Director, Actor, Writer, and pretty much any job film related you can think of, ive done on a few diferient scales. uh.... im a blackbelt in Tae Kwon Do. um... And i love We`re Alive. any questions?

OmegaBlackZero
Feb 19th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Hello everyone, my name is John and just recently I was exposed to the absolute beauty that is We're Alive. I heard about it this Thursday and finished listening to all the episodes by midday Saturday, completely ignoring my International Trade assignments that I have to complete >.> Needless to say, awesome series and I can't wait to hear more here in the near future!

Erik Wargo
Feb 19th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Sup guys? I'm Erik.

Long time listener. First time poster.

I love comics, punk rock and zombies.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Feb 19th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Welcome, you guys!
It's nice to see more listeners pop in and discuss the podcast (and other topics, obviously). Hope you'll enjoy your time here :)

Chelsea C.
Feb 20th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Hello! The name’s Chelsea and I’ll be 22 in two weeks. I’ve been an avid fan of We’re Alive since a friend introduced it to me many, many months ago. I’m very glad he did! I try to do the same with every person I meet who’s a fan of zombies and original podcasts!

Hmm…I can’t really think of any interesting tidbits about my life, so I’ll dig deep for silly details.

I use to be a hardcore gamer until the last few years; it seems my gender and age have finally launched me into boring maturity. However, I still turn on a controller every now and then when a game catches my eye. A few of my favorite games are: MGS franchise, Halo, Arkham Asylum, all the Fables, CoD Black Ops, DoA 2 from when I was little, Onimusha, Bioshock, Spinter Cells, RE4, Oni, Shadow Heart, Spyro, and an MMORPG I became addicted to for four years before tearing myself away…Guild Wars. Yes, yes, I’m waiting patiently for GW2! *Holds head in shame*

I have an Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, PSP Slim, GameCube, and Wii currently. I know; I’m a total geek!

Like I said…I don’t play nearly as much anymore (and I’m afraid my talents have diminished with the lack of practice), but if you’d like to add me on LIVE, my username is VixenPro.

I’m currently working toward earning my BBA.

Okay, I’m going to stop now XD

TCM Revolver
Feb 20th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Hello! The name’s Chelsea and I’ll be 22 in two weeks. I’ve been an avid fan of We’re Alive since a friend introduced it to me many, many months ago. I’m very glad he did! I try to do the same with every person I meet who’s a fan of zombies and original podcasts!

Hmm…I can’t really think of any interesting tidbits about my life, so I’ll dig deep for silly details.

I use to be a hardcore gamer until the last few years; it seems my gender and age have finally launched me into boring maturity. However, I still turn on a controller every now and then when a game catches my eye. A few of my favorite games are: MGS franchise, Halo, Arkham Asylum, all the Fables, CoD Black Ops, DoA 2 from when I was little, Onimusha, Bioshock, Spinter Cells, RE4, Oni, Shadow Heart, Spyro, and an MMORPG I became addicted to for four years before tearing myself away…Guild Wars. Yes, yes, I’m waiting patiently for GW2! *Holds head in shame*

I have an Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, PSP Slim, GameCube, and Wii currently. I know; I’m a total geek!

Like I said…I don’t play nearly as much anymore (and I’m afraid my talents have diminished with the lack of practice), but if you’d like to add me on LIVE, my username is VixenPro.

Welcome!! Glad to have you here. :)

lectio
Feb 20th, 2011, 01:02 PM

Yay! Another girl for the forum! Welcome!

Chelsea C.
Feb 20th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks! I look forward to participating and getting to know everyone!

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Feb 21st, 2011, 03:38 AM
A few of my favorite games are: MGS franchise, Halo, Arkham Asylum, all the Fables, CoD Black Ops, DoA 2 from when I was little, Onimusha, Bioshock, Spinter Cells, RE4, Oni, Shadow Heart, Spyro, and an MMORPG I became addicted to for four years before tearing myself away…Guild Wars. Yes, yes, I’m waiting patiently for GW2! *Holds head in shame*

I'm joining you on that one :)
I used to play GuildWars for hours and hours, and I had all of the campaigns. Finished most of them, too. I've been following the news around GW2 closely, and my sister has played the demo at GamesCon in Germany. She also played GW1 often, and was really impressed with the changes they made for GW2.
It looks like they're aiming for the holiday season, so it'll take a while before it'll be released, but it seems the waiting will be really worth it.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Chelsea C.
Feb 21st, 2011, 07:53 AM
I'm joining you on that one :)
I used to play GuildWars for hours and hours, and I had all of the campaigns. Finished most of them, too. I've been following the news around GW2 closely, and my sister has played the demo at GamesCon in Germany. She also played GW1 often, and was really impressed with the changes they made for GW2.
It looks like they're aiming for the holiday season, so it'll take a while before it'll be released, but it seems the waiting will be really worth it.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Really! Awesome! Which class was your favorite? Mine was Prot Monk/bonder, but overall, a Monk in general. Gotta love 55ing!

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Feb 21st, 2011, 09:15 AM
I played a wide variety of characters.
My main was an A/Me, mostly providing a solid income by farming ecto's at the ToPK. I also used this one for Alliance Battles. Then, I had a N/x which I used for 55'ing (solo SS and SV were great, pretty much anywhere, mostly HM), commanding minions and more. I also had a W/Mo for running friends and guild members around Tyria, but I barely used it for anything else.

I haven't touched GW1 for a long time anymore, but I'm planning to play GW2 from day 1.

Ryzilient
Feb 21st, 2011, 10:06 AM
Hey all, I'm Stephen, from Cork in Ireland. Currently working on the latter part of my secondary education before moving on to university. Still not entirely sure what I'll end up doing, maybe Commerce, maybe BIS, maybe something in programming, maybe Journalism, still undecided. Cue the bullet points:

Avid writer, predominantly in amateur games journalism. Currently writing on Bitmob, a community driven site.
Massive interest in games, especially in games like Final Fantasy, Infamous, Assassin's Creed, Fallout and any game BioWare makes. If I listed any more, I'd start ranting, and I'm trying to stop myself from doing that.
Read a lot of comics, particularly Batman, Green Lantern and of course the Walking Dead. Batman: The Long Halloween and Batwoman: Elegy (Greg Rucka's run on Detective Comics), are among my favourite books.
Interest in learning how to code, just to open up a couple of more doors into the future.
Plan to move to the States after university, particularly the L.A. and San Francisco area. Hopefully if there is a zombie apocalypse...the events of We're Alive won't be replicated.

Anyway, that's about it. Oh, forgot to mention that I was on the old forums, but didn't post much, but I do plan to be active here.

Chelsea C.
Feb 21st, 2011, 12:02 PM
I played a wide variety of characters.
My main was an A/Me, mostly providing a solid income by farming ecto's at the ToPK. I also used this one for Alliance Battles. Then, I had a N/x which I used for 55'ing (solo SS and SV were great, pretty much anywhere, mostly HM), commanding minions and more. I also had a W/Mo for running friends and guild members around Tyria, but I barely used it for anything else.

I haven't touched GW1 for a long time anymore, but I'm planning to play GW2 from day 1.

I haven't played in a few years. My Main, as I already mentioned was Mo/Me, but I had every class pretty much. I used an Assassin to run Droks....very fun! Especially, if you're tired of running the common warrior build. Wars can get grinding at times. The sin was more interactive and timing oriented; you could never let your guard down or drift off during the run. I dunno; I just found it more exciting, and I know my party enjoyed watching!

Another fave was my Nuker, of course. :P

Anyway, I can't wait for GW2!

Chelsea C.
Feb 21st, 2011, 12:05 PM
Hey all, I'm Stephen, from Cork in Ireland. Currently working on the latter part of my secondary education before moving on to university. Still not entirely sure what I'll end up doing, maybe Commerce, maybe BIS, maybe something in programming, maybe Journalism, still undecided. Cue the bullet points:

Avid writer, predominantly in amateur games journalism. Currently writing on Bitmob, a community driven site.
Massive interest in games, especially in games like Final Fantasy, Infamous, Assassin's Creed, Fallout and any game BioWare makes. If I listed any more, I'd start ranting, and I'm trying to stop myself from doing that.
Read a lot of comics, particularly Batman, Green Lantern and of course the Walking Dead. Batman: The Long Halloween and Batwoman: Elegy (Greg Rucka's run on Detective Comics), are among my favourite books.
Interest in learning how to code, just to open up a couple of more doors into the future.
Plan to move to the States after university, particularly the L.A. and San Francisco area. Hopefully if there is a zombie apocalypse...the events of We're Alive won't be replicated.

Anyway, that's about it. Oh, forgot to mention that I was on the old forums, but didn't post much, but I do plan to be active here.

Welcome to the forum!

Destiny
Feb 21st, 2011, 01:25 PM
Welcome to the forums, newbies.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Feb 21st, 2011, 01:49 PM
Welcome, Ryzilient :)

Welcome to the forums, newbies.
There's no need for that, Destiny. Don't forget you're still pretty new too.

Adventureless_Hero
Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:23 PM
I swear I was already registered on this site and had been posting but I think the forum changed? Maybe? Pershmaps? Anywho, I'm Adventureless_Hero here and everywhere else on the net. I thought I'd lurk the forum again for some insight on the show since I'm going through my 3rd run through. :-) I can't stand to work my job without the podcast playing. Hi errrvrybody!

TCM Revolver
Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:32 PM
I thought I'd lurk the forum again for some insight on the show since I'm going through my 3rd run through. :-) I can't stand to work my job without the podcast playing.

Welcome to our little support group. Looks like you'll fit in here just fine :)

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:39 PM
Welcome (again) :) I think you lost your account when we switched from the old to the current, new forum.
This switch was made in January.

Adventureless_Hero
Feb 22nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Welcome (again) :) I think you lost your account when we switched from the old to the current, new forum.
This switch was made in January.

Ah, so that's what happened. Cool beans, atleast now I know. And knowing is half the battle! (lame, i know)

I probably won't be a big poster, mostly just because I've read a bunch of the threads that are up and can't really add anything that hasn't been said! But I'll likely throw in my two cents sometime. We'll see you all around the forum.

jroc716
Feb 22nd, 2011, 05:34 PM
Hey everyone my names Justin and i got into the zombie thing from my chef. :D Ive always been a big fan of anything zombies from resident evil to left for dead and this podcast reminds me of the two games. Came here to talk about the podcast and episodes with bigger fans than me. Hope to be a big part of this site and meet and make some cool new friends.

Adventureless_Hero
Feb 22nd, 2011, 06:18 PM
Hey everyone my names Justin and i got into the zombie thing from my chef. :D Ive always been a big fan of anything zombies from resident evil to left for dead and this podcast reminds me of the two games. Came here to talk about the podcast and episodes with bigger fans than me. Hope to be a big part of this site and meet and make some cool new friends.

Welcome Justin, I'm Evan, aka Adventureless_Hero. It's funny you mentioned Resident Evil. That game was the first in a series of tools my older brother used to develop in me a huge, HUGE fear of zombies. It border lined on phobia. But to get over it I forced myself to watch Zombie flicks and play zombie games. I think I may have overdone it though because now I love the undead bastards! Hope to see you round sir.

Chelsea C.
Feb 22nd, 2011, 08:28 PM
Welcome Justin, I'm Evan, aka Adventureless_Hero. It's funny you mentioned Resident Evil. That game was the first in a series of tools my older brother used to develop in me a huge, HUGE fear of zombies. It border lined on phobia. But to get over it I forced myself to watch Zombie flicks and play zombie games. I think I may have overdone it though because now I love the undead bastards! Hope to see you round sir.

That is hilarious! My brother did the very same to me. I remember when the first Resident Evil game came out. It terrified me! Even at the young age of six, I still remember realizing the zombies wouldn't stay "dead" until a pool of blood seeped out around their fallen bodies. I pointed it out so that hopefully they would progress through the level and turn the game off! It backfired on me! They just played it into the night. :(

Then there is the horrible memory of my brother imitating the infamous bone crackling noses as he walked down the dark hallway toward my bedroom. I screamed for him to stop, trapped on my bed. It's funny how our phobias from our youth can turn into an addiction! I can't get enough of zombies!

BTW, welcome the the forum, Justin and Evan!

StepLaugh
Feb 23rd, 2011, 04:29 AM
You gotta hate the Crimson Heads XD

neosilitone
Feb 23rd, 2011, 01:58 PM
Hi my name is David from Long Beach, CA. I'm 24 years old and work behind a computer screen all day long, punching figures/data from one database to another. Boring stuff... Regardless, every now and then I would sneak in a peek at tv shows I've missed during the week, streaming through my 3g Droid Incredible. What a huge distraction!!! Imma dude so multi-tasking is not my strong suit. I came across We're Alive through the good ol' Facebook news feed [one friend telling another friend]. And the rest is history.

Imma newbie to audio drama, so this discovery has been god sent. There's so much great things I could say about We're Alive, but I'll hold off until later.

And finally, I hate DATU's character and voice. I'm a Filipino myself, but his enactment of the Filipino foreigner speaking English is sooo fabricated and exaggerated and annoying. I wish to see more Filipinos in the media but not to the point where they exploit Filipino foreigners. Tis all

Ra1th
Feb 23rd, 2011, 04:05 PM
And finally, I hate DATU's character and voice. I'm a Filipino myself, but his enactment of the Filipino foreigner speaking English is sooo fabricated and exaggerated and annoying. I wish to see more Filipinos in the media but not to the point where they exploit Filipino foreigners. Tis all

You and i are gonna get along real well

ObamaCat
Feb 23rd, 2011, 10:13 PM
Hey my name is Nic from Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. I'm currently in High School and am employed in the most respectable workplace around: McDonalds! When I'm not fixing my igloo or watching hockey I can usually be found gaming or creating noise pollution with my guitar. I found out about the podcast through the one and only Greg Miller on Gamescoop and have since created a following in my household and school. I one day aspire to be a journalist, and I sure wouldn't mind working at IGN one day (I'm coming for ya Greg). Well, that's all there is to know about me, feel free to hit me up either here or on Xbox Live / PSN (insert obligatory Canadian "eh" here). Gamertag is the same on either: ObamaCat. I'm really looking forward to becoming a part of the site and interacting with the We're Alive community.

Kc
Feb 23rd, 2011, 11:13 PM
Hey my name is Nic from Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. I'm currently in High School and am employed in the most respectable workplace around: McDonalds! When I'm not fixing my igloo or watching hockey I can usually be found gaming or creating noise pollution with my guitar. I found out about the podcast through the one and only Greg Miller on Gamescoop and have since created a following in my household and school. I one day aspire to be a journalist, and I sure wouldn't mind working at IGN one day (I'm coming for ya Greg). Well, that's all there is to know about me, feel free to hit me up either here or on Xbox Live / PSN (insert obligatory Canadian "eh" here). Gamertag is the same on either: ObamaCat. I'm really looking forward to becoming a part of the site and interacting with the We're Alive community.

YES! Obama cat is here! We are now complete! Glad to see u on the new forums.

zombiekiller
Feb 24th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Hello my name is Joe am 26 and always loved anything zombie and then I found this which bring back my love for radio shows.

Destiny
Feb 24th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Welcome to the forums.

ObamaCat
Feb 24th, 2011, 04:11 PM

Haha thanks Kc, I thought the forums needed some Canadian presence. Great to be here.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Feb 24th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Welcome ObamaCat and Zombiekiller, hope you enjoy your stay!
If there's anything you need, just give a shout and I'll see what I can do.

hollowscream666
Feb 24th, 2011, 09:01 PM
i stumbled on to this by looking at in the zune podcast about a few months ago well at first i was kinda not interesting once i looked at it after downloading and seeeing it was only audio but i think it made it better for me to make up how each person looked and how the tower would look as well. so far i have introduced this to my gameing clan and have sent a request other gameing clans we know so we can get the word out. just trying to help keep this alive.

j0be
Feb 25th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Hey, I'm a webdesigner/IT support guy from central Ohio. I have about an hour to drive to and from work, and loved the podcast! Simple is best, so that's all good.

nikvoodoo
Feb 25th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Welcome to the community you two!

Kc
Feb 25th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Hey, I'm a webdesigner/IT support guy from central Ohio. I have about an hour to drive to and from work, and loved the podcast! Simple is best, so that's all good.
We love IT guys! If you ever have any suggestions for the site, just let us know!

j0be
Feb 25th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I'll toss out some mockups later today. It's a weird day, my boss it out of the office today, so I have to take all the calls.

StepLaugh
Feb 25th, 2011, 03:36 PM

I know! It's about time he came back!

Gin31
Feb 26th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Hi everyone! I'm 28 and live in Atlanta. I heard Greg Miller talk about We're Alive on the IGN podcasts for awhile, and finally decided to check it out. I just caught up this week, and I’m ready to start listening again from the beginning. I’m also really enjoying We're Not Dead -- conversational podcasts are my favorite. I have never been into zombies before now, but I've always loved survival stories. I just picked up the first volume of The Walking Dead. Need more zombies!

SleepyGlenn
Feb 26th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Hey Gin31 and all newbies, welcome! :-)

manintrees
Feb 26th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Hello everyone. As I stated in a post, I stumbled onto this show a couple days ago and have been completely engrossed by it. The production value is incredible and the creators have done as amazing job of bringing you in and stoking the senses. I have a ton of old radio shows that like to tislen to and really was happy to see that the art is not lost.

I am a forest ranger in Vancouver Canada. Most my time is spent outside among the trees but I do enjoy going into the city for what it has to offer.

From the posts I've read, this seems to be a great bunch of people and I'm looking forward to this forum.

SleepyGlenn
Feb 26th, 2011, 04:34 PM
I am a forest ranger in Vancouver Canada. Most my time is spent outside among the trees but I do enjoy going into the city for what it has to offer.

That sounds awesome! Welcome dude! :-)

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Feb 26th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Welcome, the two of you!

manintrees, you're absolutely right: it's great to share theories with the folks over here. Some guys really shed new light on things, and Kc confirms some of those theories every now and then. Usually they are no major spoilers, but it's nice to put the puzzle together, piece by piece :)
Everyone is here to have a good time, so join the conversation and enjoy your stay!

ObamaCat
Feb 26th, 2011, 07:25 PM
I know! It's about time he came back!

Enjoying the welcoming committee. Have no fear gentlemen, I'm here to stay.

PermaCav79
Feb 26th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Hi, I am Wendy, 31, living in Chicago right now but hailing from Memphis.

I am a former mortician working in an office right now and I must say, I miss my dead people. Maybe one day I will go back, who knows?

I am a huge fan of horror (movies, books, podcasts, etc.), I read tons of books and drink probably too much coffee. I also enjoy sci-fi and fantasy and have a fascination with serial killers. I don't play video games (most of the first person shooters give me motion sickness, bah!) and and trying to finish at least one of the four books I am trying to write. Great start, pain in the butt to finish.

I got turned on to We're Alive while looking for new podcasts and went through the entire thing in 3 days. Now I am waiting, like all of us, for the next download to pop up so I can get my fix.

Chelsea C.
Feb 26th, 2011, 08:34 PM

I am a former mortician working in an office right now and I must say, I miss my dead people. Maybe one day I will go back, who knows?

I am a huge fan of horror (movies, books, podcasts, etc.), I read tons of books and drink probably too much coffee. I also enjoy sci-fi and fantasy and have a fascination with serial killers. I don't play video games (most of the first person shooters give me motion sickness, bah!) and and trying to finish at least one of the four books I am trying to write. Great start, pain in the butt to finish.

I got turned on to We're Alive while looking for new podcasts and went through the entire thing in 3 days. Now I am waiting, like all of us, for the next download to pop up so I can get my fix.

Welcome to the forums! It sounds like you'll fit right in ;)

Zombiehead
Feb 26th, 2011, 09:37 PM

I lol'd a little. Welcome :)

Nutz
Feb 26th, 2011, 09:39 PM
my name is mike and i live in central illilnois. I had never been a zombie fan until i listened to za recht's morningstar strain audtiobooks from AUDIBLE.com then i read JL Bourne's books. Then i watched the walking dead. i was just trolling itunes looking for something, anything and happened on to thisl
I motored through all the chapters in literally, four days. Now, i am going back to see what i missed and i hate having to wait.

also a fan of the fancast, we're not dead. walk softly and always carry a suppresed M4.

manintrees
Feb 26th, 2011, 09:46 PM

That's a hell of a resume PermaCav.

I like it here.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Feb 27th, 2011, 03:55 AM
Welcome, Wendy and Mike!