PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 18 - No Place Like Home - Part 3

Kc
Feb 6th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Discus away... (Of course I'm posting this early, but the episode still comes out at 9 AM PST):cool:

nikvoodoo
Feb 6th, 2011, 09:30 PM
I'm happy that I have a Fresh Direct order coming at noon EST. I'll just sit on my lappy and click Refresh on iTunes until it downloads. I'll have the delivery guy leave the groceries outside if I have to!

shananala8
Feb 7th, 2011, 12:12 AM
I'm considering skipping class tomorrow so I can listen to this asap haha

nikvoodoo
Feb 7th, 2011, 01:18 AM
I'm considering skipping class tomorrow so I can listen to this asap haha

doooooooooo it! But not really. Skipping class is bad, m'kay.

Destiny
Feb 7th, 2011, 05:04 AM
I know when I'm taking my break... lol

Destiny
Feb 7th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Does anyone know what time it will be released in Central Standard Time?

Wicked Sid
Feb 7th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Does anyone know what time it will be released in Central Standard Time?

Maybe 11, may be earlier though.

Destiny
Feb 7th, 2011, 08:24 AM
It's up now!

nikvoodoo
Feb 7th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Great episode to which I will say I heart being right regarding my Kalani redemption. It's not to say he won't turn back into an all out jack off again, but he finally pulled his own weight and manned up. I'll not say too much else now until everyone else gets a chance to listen.

Destiny
Feb 7th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Does anyone else feel like Season 2 is going nowhere? I mean there is the whole Colony thing, but unlike season 1, this season is just going in circles. I know, that has to do with how Burt is in...

Ra1th
Feb 7th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhh the colony is evil i toooooooold u soooooooooooo. Malller teaaam up against the colony here we come!!!!!!!!

DakotaYoda
Feb 7th, 2011, 09:26 AM
First post here but have been lurkin' for quite a while. Good stuff overall...

""Holy mother of Mary - and some other guy I can't remember. Catholic school was so long ago." Possibly my favorite Angel line so far.

Kilani actually sacked up a bit in this episode. He shot the tank as it was trying to get back up from the building collapsing on it. He also helped Angel out after he got all cut up. More than I'd come to expect from him but his character is built right for redemption for sure.

Skittles saves the day w/ the truck! Bet that's not the last we see of him. I also love how Skittles said "NO!" when asked if he as coming with them. The tone of his voice was akin to asking them if they were crazy. Nice touch.

It sounds like the 3 that made it into the Colony are screwed. Holly told them they won't be allowed to go back to their friends. Uh-oh.... Curious how she said the Gatekeeper didn't like her either. Is it just because she's a perceived 'weak link' or I wonder if there is another reason.

And now the 2 week wait begins....

Ra1th
Feb 7th, 2011, 09:48 AM
ok, so now that i've come off my "i told u so" high, i can say what i really thought about everything.

First of all, I TOLD U SO, last weeks episode 18-2 had me kinda saddened just cause the colony seemed all goody two shoes and nice and bright and happy, oh guess there wont be a maller team up after all cause the colony is so nice, i think we'll all just move to the colony and live happily ever after yayy happiness... NO! absolutely not, this episode rocks just cause i get to rub it in ur faces (people who liked the colony and wanted peace and happiness). ok so we've established that the colony is evil incarnate, any theories on why they are so bad? (it sucks we have to wait 2 weeks to find out)

now here's how there can be a maller/tower team up. Michael/peggs/kelly find that they cant leave the colony, colony is evil etc. tower thinks that they died maybe, then MPK, manage to send a radio transmission to the tower saying they are alive and need help and the location of the colony, and they tell them that they need a rescue, and the only way is by attacking. So the tower begins thinking of a rescue operation. during this time, the mallers pay another visit to the tower, this time with offering a truce because that peace offering (latch's body dropped off by angel) had to mean something. Burt thinks "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and tells the mallers about the colony, and how they have all these food and supplies, and an amazing place to live, so now we have a tower/maller tag team! with the two sides joining forces they mount a war on the colony as our season finale.

Destiny
Feb 7th, 2011, 09:56 AM
The Colony knows they could use a soldier to fight for them, so they're going to kidnap Michael and tell him that if he doesn't help them they'll kill Peggs and Kelly. Then zombies come and attack the Colony, and so Michael, Peggs, and Hope escape in the confusion, but Kelly sacrifices herself for them to escape and make it back to the Tower and give Saul the medicine. The entire Colony falls though.

/theory

Ra1th
Feb 7th, 2011, 10:02 AM
The Colony knows they could use a soldier to fight for them, so they're going to kidnap Michael and tell him that if he doesn't help them they'll kill Peggs and Kelly. Then zombies come and attack the Colony, and so Michael, Peggs, and Hope escape in the confusion, but Kelly sacrifices herself for them to escape and make it back to the Tower and give Saul the medicine. The entire Colony falls though.

/theory

imo theres no way the colony will fall just because of a zombie attack, these guys are more fortified, organized, armed, and experienced, they've havent just survived, they've dominated, im willing to bet it'll take a LOT more than just a zombie wave to bring down the colony, hence my maller/tower team up, they're prepared for every scenario when it comes to zombies, but they arent ready for a war with humans.

fraggot
Feb 7th, 2011, 10:05 AM
This amazing was fantastic, Kalani redeemed himself and Angel was cracking me up for some reason. Skittles kind of shoved it back in their face too cause they thought he was useless and crazy. He certainly saved their ass....

nikvoodoo
Feb 7th, 2011, 10:13 AM
While I agree with the funniness of the "Holy Mary etc etc" I think my favorite line was Angel saying "Come on! This way! Fat meat's too chewy!" I collapsed against a wall laughing for some reason.

Ra1th
Feb 7th, 2011, 10:19 AM
yeah angel was just offing one liners all over the place and kicking zombie ass, i kinda forgot about him in all the colony is the devil excitement, and kalani redeems himself, lucky bastard got to deliver the final blow to the behemoth

Destiny
Feb 7th, 2011, 10:22 AM
I like it when Kalani said "you're bleeding all over" and Angel said "no shit, I went through a window!"

nikvoodoo
Feb 7th, 2011, 10:40 AM
ok, so now that i've come off my "i told u so" high, i can say what i really thought about everything.

First of all, I TOLD U SO, last weeks episode 18-2 had me kinda saddened just cause the colony seemed all goody two shoes and nice and bright and happy, oh guess there wont be a maller team up after all cause the colony is so nice, i think we'll all just move to the colony and live happily ever after yayy happiness... NO! absolutely not, this episode rocks just cause i get to rub it in ur faces (people who liked the colony and wanted peace and happiness). ok so we've established that the colony is evil incarnate, any theories on why they are so bad? (it sucks we have to wait 2 weeks to find out)

now here's how there can be a maller/tower team up. Michael/peggs/kelly find that they cant leave the colony, colony is evil etc. tower thinks that they died maybe, then MPK, manage to send a radio transmission to the tower saying they are alive and need help and the location of the colony, and they tell them that they need a rescue, and the only way is by attacking. So the tower begins thinking of a rescue operation. during this time, the mallers pay another visit to the tower, this time with offering a truce because that peace offering (latch's body dropped off by angel) had to mean something. Burt thinks "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and tells the mallers about the colony, and how they have all these food and supplies, and an amazing place to live, so now we have a tower/maller tag team! with the two sides joining forces they mount a war on the colony as our season finale.

I think it's too early for the I Told You So's. yes, it seems to be leading that way for you but not quite yet...maybe by the time March rolls around you can officially rub our faces in it.

Evil incarnate? If the cannibal theory held up, I would grant the evil incarnate. Do I believe the Colony is the new residence of the entire Tower population? No. Not at all. Seems more likely now that the Kalani Tower is coming into play with the desire of Hope to escape. She'd be able to tell them where it was. She wasn't blind then and she might be able to direct the Tower to Tower 2.0.

I just posted in the Marcus and His Colony thread:

Marcus and the Colony seems to resemble the Mafia in a way. You don't necessarily have to join them, and you don't necessarily need to get their protection. But if you do happen to find yourself indebted to Don Marcus, he may call upon you some day to do a favor for him. And since we can't very well have people wandering around, Marcus keeps them close for the favors.

So aside from the Godfather references, this seems to be where this is leading. Tanya is working on Michael's arm, Hope says if that's the case then it is now too late for Michael, Pegs and Kelly to leave. Michael has found himself indebted to the Colony and now must pay the price.

There's a theory that might explain the way the Colony works. But other than KC, who really knows right now.

Kc
Feb 7th, 2011, 10:44 AM
If anyone cares... this was the hardest episode of all time...

http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/content.php?135-The-Weekend-of-Hell...-or-How-I-Learned-to-Stop-Worrying-and-Love-the-Zombies

So I had to vent about it.

Adogg
Feb 7th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I think Raith and I are both in the told-you-so boat together. My spidey senses were going off the chart at the "rescue" signs so I've obviously been waiting for the other shoe to drop. We still...

nikvoodoo
Feb 7th, 2011, 11:00 AM
If anyone cares... this was the hardest episode of all time...

http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/content.php?135-The-Weekend-of-Hell...-or-How-I-Learned-to-Stop-Worrying-and-Love-the-Zombies

So I had to vent about it.

Thanks for the behind the scenes look, KC. Sorry you had such a rough weekend.

Obviously everyone on here appreciates the story or we wouldn't be here. I happen to enjoy the fact the story has slowed down thus far in season 2. I'm getting the sense that anyone complaining about the slow story is going to start eating their words in a couple of weeks. All the setups are coming to a peak and action is on the horizon.

You got the feeling in the first season that everyone was experimenting with the new reality and testing the boundaries. If the Tower didn't react to their near destruction by pulling back and rethinking how to move forward, this story would end much quicker and would result in all the characters we know and love as zombies.

nikvoodoo
Feb 7th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I don't think you can fault Marcus for not wanting to take in a 14 year old blind girl, who by the way is another mouth to feed on limited resources. She can't contribute in the same way others in...

Adogg
Feb 7th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Plan to relocate to the training facility? Where was that?
It was Saul's idea to go to their military training area becuase they have lots of food and not many people there.

nikvoodoo
Feb 7th, 2011, 12:14 PM
It was Saul's idea to go to their military training area becuase they have lots of food and not many people there.

Oh yeah...moving there didn't register to me because they got lost on the MRE topic and didn't go back to the moving topic.

But that's why they had to go back to the original base was to get the MRE's because they wouldn't have any food at the training facility. So, now they have the food, now I guess they could try to muster up a convoy to attempt to make it to the Training Facility.

VeritableHero
Feb 7th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Not sure if the training area would be better. There are big ones in the area that can chew/crash through walls. I would almost take my chances with a separate tower that's closer to the "normal" infected and Ink.

Drew1749
Feb 7th, 2011, 12:33 PM
If KC listens to you then Ima be really sad. <br />
<br />
Season 2 has been amazing so far. Why does it bug you that they arent killing lots of zombies? It's developing the story which is something that needs...

Destiny
Feb 7th, 2011, 12:43 PM
If KC listens to you then Ima be really sad.

Season 2 has been amazing so far. Why does it bug you that they arent killing lots of zombies? It's developing the story which is something that needs to be done.

I dont want the story to be "Shoot shoot shot shoot boom shoot shoot meaningless dialog shoot shoot shoot..."

That sounds lame and is lame.

Correct me if I'm wrong but KC and the team dont make a lot of money doing this. Sure they make some but probably not a lot.
(Really someone correct me if I'm wrong on that one. lol)

I want to learn about "Current Events" so to speak within The Zombie Podcast's world.

Anyways, keep up the good work KC. <3 your podcast.

- Drew

Oh no, it's not that at all, it's probably just because I don't like how Burt's leading and he's not doing anything useful. Michael had everyone on the right track.

nikvoodoo
Feb 7th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I hesitate to bring this up because (as I'm sure most of you are well aware by now) I over-analyze everything I listen to but....

After jumping through a window, having so many cuts Kalani couldn't patch them all, and bleeding to the point the amount of blood is mentioned twice.....is anyone else concerned that Angel wants to fall asleep in the truck on the way home almost immediately? Could very well be a tremendous loss of blood and Angel could be in real trouble.

Kc
Feb 7th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but KC and the team dont make a lot of money doing this. Sure they make some but probably not a lot.
(Really someone correct me if I'm wrong on that one. lol)

In fact, we lose money. We're not close to self-sustaining yet.

Oh no, it's not that at all, it's probably just because I don't like how Burt's leading and he's not doing anything useful. Michael had everyone on the right track.

This is something that will be addressed, and you'll see advancements in the story as we continue into the 2nd season. There's a progression we have in mind that will unravel. This may only make sense afterward...

mascaria
Feb 7th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Am I really the only one who isn't all FUCK YEAH AK after this episode? In fact they both pissed me the fuck off the way they kept dismissing Skittles. Yeah, he has a dumb name, and yes he stutters and probably is mentally unstable but OMG how many times does he have to save their asses before they realize that he's a fucking bad ass mother fucker who is living on the streets by himself and fucking surviving which is more than we can say for them. Every time they dismissed him like he's less than they are I got angrier and angrier at the two of them. By the end of the episode when Kalani said he was going to check the tire that Skittles put on I actually said "For fucking real?!" out loud.

Angel and Kalini are both dicks as far as I'm concerned at the moment.

^ unacceptable :( Actually, maybe not in this post, but I was wondering what the cost/loss is per episode and what we can do to help with that.

fraggot
Feb 7th, 2011, 03:22 PM

Well I will be soon buying Season 1 if that helps.

And I know maybe you don't want to do this, but put up a Paypal accounts for donations and just put a link around the forums and website. If I'm able to, I'd be more then happy to throw a little cash your way for all your hard work along with everyone else involved. You really have no idea what gem you have here, it's pretty much better then any TV Drama I've ever watched.

Just my two cents :)

Onslaught
Feb 7th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I was really getting into it then Hope finishes her line and then it ended and I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well at least we have a lot of time to twiddle our thumbs. Why must you tease us Kc?

StepLaugh
Feb 7th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I agree about the paypal account, they are easy to set up, I've set up one before.

I know I'd throw a few $'s in there everynow and then.

shananala8
Feb 7th, 2011, 04:24 PM
I hesitate to bring this up because (as I'm sure most of you are well aware by now) I over-analyze everything I listen to but....

After jumping through a window, having so many cuts Kalani couldn't patch them all, and bleeding to the point the amount of blood is mentioned twice.....is anyone else concerned that Angel wants to fall asleep in the truck on the way home almost immediately? Could very well be a tremendous loss of blood and Angel could be in real trouble.

I'm totally with you on this one. Hopefully it's just all the stress, exertion and poor diet catching up to him.

Wicked Sid
Feb 7th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I'm totally with you on this one. Hopefully it's just all the stress, exertion and poor diet catching up to him.

He would also have a weakened immune system, it could result in an infection... ;). (Bacterial, Viral, Fungal, etc...)

Onslaught
Feb 7th, 2011, 04:46 PM
He would also have a weakened immune system, it could result in an infection... ;). (Bacterial, Viral, Fungal, etc...)
Great now if Michael Pegs and Kelly do get out and Angel does get an infection they'll have to find some way to help him too.

Kc
Feb 7th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Well I will be soon buying Season 1 if that helps.

And I know maybe you don't want to do this, but put up a Paypal accounts for donations and just put a link around the forums and website. If I'm able to, I'd be more then happy to throw a little cash your way for all your hard work along with everyone else involved. You really have no idea what gem you have here, it's pretty much better then any TV Drama I've ever watched.

Just my two cents :)

We have a donate button on the "Listen" page. That's the most hit page, so we put it there. But even if you don't want to donate, buying a shirt or CD helps. OR, there's always just telling a friend or two :) Thanks for all your support though! I can't post the cost per episode for a few marketing reasons, but we're hanging in there. The CD's have allowed us to stay alive, and with new shirts coming out soon, that won't hurt either. The one everyone voted on will hit the store soon.

RamblinMike
Feb 7th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Count me in on the I Told You So List. The Colony's seemed bad from the start. Victor was too honest to be warning them away just for the sake of food, especially considering that The Colony itself seemed awful happy (over the radio) about getting new visitors.

Any theories on what they've got planned for Michael? They kicked everybody out of the room and kept him in the building that smells like death and worse. Victor laughed when Pegs said, "we're not sure how long Michael will need". Hope told Kelly and Pegs, "You're stuck here. They won't let you help your friend." Also, Tanya says of Hope, "She helped me deal with some crazy, nasty things, and Hope's not squeamish, I didn't consider that when I volunteered - ". I wonder if there's more to this Colony than forcing people to stay. Human experiments, perhaps? Some kind of combat training? Theories, anyone?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, it seems strange that Tanya would hate her job saving lives in zombieland. I understand it's busy and she works crazy hours, but a lot of medical professionals do that in the regular world. She's dealing with lots of nasty stuff, sure, but again that's often par for the course. She's obviously got medical expertise, so why would she mind saving lives? She's doing more than just that, I'll wager.

Drew1749
Feb 7th, 2011, 05:37 PM
We have a donate button on the "Listen" page. That's the most hit page, so we put it there. But even if you don't want to donate, buying a shirt or CD helps. OR, there's always just telling a friend or two :) Thanks for all your support though! I can't post the cost per episode for a few marketing reasons, but we're hanging in there. The CD's have allowed us to stay alive, and with new shirts coming out soon, that won't hurt either. The one everyone voted on will hit the store soon.

Put it on the direct download page. That and the forum are the only places I visit. I would use Itunes but I have too many podcasts on there.

Drew1749
Feb 7th, 2011, 05:44 PM
New avatar and stuff work?

NoReality95
Feb 7th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I must say that yes, I was wrong to think the Colony was good but I think it's not "evil". Evil to me is doing bad in order to just watch pain, the colony is more of a "business" (and I use the term lightly) the colony has rules that seem to have the law of "equal" or "balance" in society, for instance, if you are a doctor and they take you in, you work for them forever since they saved your life, you can be in the colony all you want, you just can't leave. The reason it's Micheal's arm that will cause Pegs and Kelly not to leave is that now they are in the colony's debt, they have to repay for being saved. Hope was weak and blind to the colony, when she came in she couldn't do much to them so she would always be a debt-ridden burden. So really the colony isn't evil, they just have rules of "you're saved you pull your own weight" really the colony has the same rule as the tower, you were saved, now you help out, only thing is with the tower you can still leave and come back, the colony you can't. I see that Mike, Pegs, and Kelly will brake out with the help of Hope or the nurse (name escapes me), one will sacrifice themselves, I say Hope so she can be with her mom again (if not I see daddy-Datu coming soon), the group gets out and now the tower has a doctor.

Drew1749
Feb 7th, 2011, 05:55 PM
That doesnt seem very Michael-ish if he would let Hope Sacrifice herself for the group. If your theory actually happened it would be more of Michael sacrificing himself. Which I hope doesnt happen. EVER

Seriously KC, Michael dies and I cry for a month. Do you want me to cry?

nikvoodoo
Feb 7th, 2011, 06:27 PM
EDIT: I forgot to mention, it seems strange that Tanya would hate her job saving lives in zombieland. I understand it's busy and she works crazy hours, but a lot of medical professionals do that in the regular world. She's dealing with lots of nasty stuff, sure, but again that's often par for the course. She's obviously got medical expertise, so why would she mind saving lives? She's doing more than just that, I'll wager.

Well lets throw this out into the collective brain trust: Maybe one of the Colony's goals is not human experimentation but experiments on the zombies and all the other assorted creatures now littering the landscape. If Tanya was a medical practitioner before the outbreak, it would probably be insulting to her Hippocratic Oath. Might explain the smell.

And again, that wouldn't necessarily make the Colony evil. It makes them not specifically nice to force someone to experiment on a bunch of zombies to try to learn about weaknesses etc etc, but it doesn't make them evil. I guess I'm having a resistance to the black and white nature everyone is painting the Colony with. Now, if we meet Marcus and he's got a brown shirt and a wee little mustache, ok. I will then paint them in black and white. But, again, without knowing why they do what they do, you can't just say "EVIL!" and leave it at that.

Hollomandious
Feb 7th, 2011, 09:49 PM
I(if not I see daddy-Datu coming soon)

What status would he have? He didn't even get a chance to tap it.

one will sacrifice themselves, I say Hope so she can be with her mom again

I agree that she'll prolly die in the process of whatever happens.

Ra1th
Feb 7th, 2011, 09:54 PM
datu daddy? dear god no, *shudder* but no seriously whats he gonna do? like hey i wanted to rail yo momma but i neva got the chance yo, as far as Hope would be concerned, Datu would just be a creeper. (i dont like datu if you didnt notice)

shananala8
Feb 8th, 2011, 12:19 AM
datu daddy? dear god no, *shudder*

He does have kids of his own. They're what motivated him through everything before the world fell apart, so don't count him out on his parenting ability.

But besides the fact that he's missing his kids and Hope is missing her mom, they could also be drawn together by the old "I was with her at the end" thing.

Ra1th
Feb 8th, 2011, 12:45 AM
ok so some things i have to clear up, i tend to exaggerate, so when i say evil incarnate, i just mean assholes, they can be like the mafia, all im saying is that they arent the nicest people in the world, for the most part i'm trying my best to somehow justify a tower/maller tag team.

nikvoodoo, i really really hope u are just over analyzing angel's blood loss, and that he'll be ok. mostly cause if Angel goes down the tower's first line of defense, is now gone, all 3 soldiers are incapacitated, and burt as leader has responsibilities to stay at the base and keep the masses under control. (plus the fact that saul and michael are out of commission means Angel is kicking ass and gaining exp, so if he goes down too then that goes away)

I can see datu hanging out with Hope and that interaction gives him ehem "hope" and he finally gets out of his depression. Unfortunately i hate datu, and this would mean he gets more screen time, but i suppose it would mean he is less annoying. (OR OR OR, he could jump of a building and just die allready)

It's kinda sad that Tommy died, cause if he hadnt then he coulda had a cute little romance with hope.

shananala8
Feb 8th, 2011, 12:51 AM
It's kinda sad that Tommy died, cause if he hadnt then he coulda had a cute little romance with hope.

I have to admit, as soon as I read that, the thought of him building her some new eyes popped into my head.

Sir Bob Cornelius Rifo
Feb 8th, 2011, 03:26 AM
great way to finish up the chapter, i love this show so much, i've been telling all my friends and makings threads about it on all the gaming forums i go to, i'd love to see this thing become a huge deal

Destiny
Feb 8th, 2011, 04:56 AM
great way to finish up the chapter, i love this show so much, i've been telling all my friends and makings threads about it on all the gaming forums i go to, i'd love to see this thing become a huge deal

Nice to see another person from Missouri here. What forums do you go to exactly?

Adogg
Feb 8th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Nice to see another person from Missouri here. What forums do you go to exactly?

Kansas is better than Misery.

(Go Cats)

Sir Bob Cornelius Rifo
Feb 8th, 2011, 09:51 AM

eve-films.com, gameadvancers.com, and another that's temporarily down

SleepyGlenn
Feb 8th, 2011, 10:03 AM

I didn't know that button was there! Maybe we could have an information thread up on the forums highlighting the fact it's there for anyone who wants to donate? I'd like to donate some money to the podcast. I'll head on over. :-)

EDIT: I've donated some money! Hope it helps!

As for this episode, I had a feeling Hope might end up trying to escape with the others! I agree with RamblinMike, I think there's more to Tanya's job there than meets the eye. There's no reason the doctors office should reek of death.

Sir Bob Cornelius Rifo
Feb 8th, 2011, 10:12 AM
im interested to find out why they are supposedly stuck there

Sir Bob Cornelius Rifo
Feb 8th, 2011, 11:34 AM
do you go to all of them regularly? ^

Kc
Feb 8th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Oh I go to a handful...
http://forums.gameforia.co.cc/index/
etc... etc...

I really need to clean that out.

That's a bit much. Could be considered link-spam.

Destiny
Feb 8th, 2011, 11:58 AM

What me to remove any and/or all of them?

Destiny
Feb 8th, 2011, 11:59 AM
do you go to all of them regularly? ^

No, but that's everything I have bookmarked in my "forums" folder. I only go to a couple regularly. Again, I need to clean it out.

Wicked Sid
Feb 8th, 2011, 12:06 PM

Condense it. Maybe edit it down to a link to your blog about it. It is a bit much.

Ra1th
Feb 8th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Hey guys, this thread is to discuss 18-3, so lets stay on topic if we can

Kc
Feb 8th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Please... Spiders see lists like that and could potential cause the forum problems.

Ra1th
Feb 8th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Count me in on the I Told You So List. The Colony's seemed bad from the start. Victor was too honest to be warning them away just for the sake of food, especially considering that The Colony itself seemed awful happy (over the radio) about getting new visitors.

Any theories on what they've got planned for Michael? They kicked everybody out of the room and kept him in the building that smells like death and worse. Victor laughed when Pegs said, "we're not sure how long Michael will need". Hope told Kelly and Pegs, "You're stuck here. They won't let you help your friend." Also, Tanya says of Hope, "She helped me deal with some crazy, nasty things, and Hope's not squeamish, I didn't consider that when I volunteered - ". I wonder if there's more to this Colony than forcing people to stay. Human experiments, perhaps? Some kind of combat training? Theories, anyone?

ill bet anything that there is some sort of zombie/human experimentation going on in the colony, they know about alcohol based cologne repelling zombies, we know how hard it was for the tower to find that out, combien that with the ominous feeling around the colony and u get some really messed up experiments

nikvoodoo
Feb 8th, 2011, 04:10 PM
ill bet anything that there is some sort of zombie/human experimentation going on in the colony, they know about alcohol based cologne repelling zombies, we know how hard it was for the tower to find that out, combien that with the ominous feeling around the colony and u get some really messed up experiments

The Tower apparently isn't on the cutting edge of Zombie knowledge. Remember how everyone they meet seems to know just a little bit more than they do? Burt knew there were smart ones, Kalani and Samantha also had barbs about how much they don't know. To be honest, once they figured out that their smell attracted the zombies, the very next logical step that should have been taken was "Oh, we need to cover it up" I realize Riley tried with the onions, but really? How did they not think of grabbing some Axe body spray or something on one of their trips?

...ok maybe not axe...even if the world is doomed no one should smell like that...

Onslaught
Feb 8th, 2011, 04:14 PM
The Tower apparently isn't on the cutting edge of Zombie knowledge. Remember how everyone they meet seems to know just a little bit more than they do? Burt knew there were smart ones, Kalani and Samantha also had barbs about how much they don't know. To be honest, once they figured out that their smell attracted the zombies, the very next logical step that should have been taken was "Oh, we need to cover it up" I realize Riley tried with the onions, but really? How did they not think of grabbing some Axe body spray or something on one of their trips?

...ok maybe not axe...even if the world is doomed no one should smell like that...
Yeah it seems they forgot entirely about their little experiment with the sweat bottles. Hopefully in the next few episodes they could start using some tactics they learned.

On another note maybe thats how Hope was able to survive for so long. Shes blind but maybe she smothered herself in cologne or something to mask her scent so she would be harder to detect.

Adogg
Feb 8th, 2011, 08:45 PM

Got to remember he's from the methlab capital of the world, Misery.

nikvoodoo
Feb 8th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Yeah it seems they forgot entirely about their little experiment with the sweat bottles. Hopefully in the next few episodes they could start using some tactics they learned.

On another note maybe thats how Hope was able to survive for so long. Shes blind but maybe she smothered herself in cologne or something to mask her scent so she would be harder to detect.

Thinking on the sweat bottles more, I think we should keep in mind they didn't think of them as a weapon when collecting the sweat. It was a scientific experiment. That might be one reason why the never remember that sweat can be a weapon of mass destruction. I know if I was being attacked by some manner of sea creature, my first thought wouldn't be to chum the water to get a shark to come to the area. I'd fight like the devil to get away/kill what ever was attacking me.

I always figured Hope made it to the Colony with a group of Other Tower survivors, who then bought into whatever system Marcus has set up and were going to leave her out there to fend for herself.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 9th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Nik,

Angel falling asleep sounds more from the adrenaline dump and pure exhaustion. Multiple cuts are gonna look a mess and any cuts to the face or scalp are gonna bleed like CRAZY. He's ok as long as he didn't have a blunt force head injury. And he doesn't sound like he's showing any signs of Shock. No confusion, clammy skin..
The cuts will be ok since he didn't hit any arteries. He'll just need a ton of dressing, stiches and motrin though.
He'd have to lose about 2 liters of blood to start worrying about his condition.
My question is this:
Did he have on shorts or something?

hardrocknguy
Feb 9th, 2011, 08:30 AM
I'm actually surprised that with all of Angel's cuts (blood), and all the running around (sweat), that they didn't call more zombies to that place. Maybe Skittles will be left seeing them all.

As for the colony, I have a feeling that it's going to be more of people that can't leave because they wont let them. The doctor obviously seemed like she didn't want to be here, and Victor didn't really seem to have them follow him. Maybe they have a society where if your of any value (doctors, soldiers, authority figure), they deem you too important to leave. And its starting to seem like Michael, Pegs & Kelly aren't going to have an easy time getting out of there, especially with Saul's medicine and Samantha's daughter wanting to go.

nikvoodoo
Feb 9th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Nik,

Angel falling asleep sounds more from the adrenaline dump and pure exhaustion. Multiple cuts are gonna look a mess and any cuts to the face or scalp are gonna bleed like CRAZY. He's ok as long as he didn't have a blunt force head injury. And he doesn't sound like he's showing any signs of Shock. No confusion, clammy skin..
The cuts will be ok since he didn't hit any arteries. He'll just need a ton of dressing, stiches and motrin though.
He'd have to lose about 2 liters of blood to start worrying about his condition.

Like I said, I might be over analyzing. I honestly thought that he was just exhausted on the first pass too, but then it occurred to me he was bleeding. Could very well be nothing and probably is nothing, but just something to consider.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 9th, 2011, 09:09 AM
@Hardrockguy,

The other creatures make like ghosts when the Behemoths are around. The theory is that they're top of the food chain and feed off the smaller ones.

Adogg
Feb 9th, 2011, 10:02 AM
@Hardrockguy,

The other creatures make like ghosts when the Behemoths are around. The theory is that they're top of the food chain and feed off the smaller ones.

If you jump into a river and expect there to be piranaha, there is only one reason they aren't around .... SHARKS!

Pteranodon
Feb 10th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Downloaded it but can't listen till tomorrow cause I'm off today, and I only listen to new episodes at work...

Ra1th
Feb 10th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Like I said, I might be over analyzing. I honestly thought that he was just exhausted on the first pass too, but then it occurred to me he was bleeding. Could very well be nothing and probably is nothing, but just something to consider.

i can see injured from this, but i'll bet everything that death wont be a consequence, cause if he was gonna die, the time frame has allready passed, if he was gonna die, he should died not making it out of the building in time or fighting th behemoth somehow, theres no way they'd kill him off like this, oh yeah he died off camera from some wounds, love him or hate him, he's a main character, if he dies he'll die with some glory, at worst, he'll be out of commission for a day or two so his leg could heal and he might miss a mission like when he sprained his ankle on the first supply run when they got burt, he sat out on the next mission, where the first ran into the mallers. but i doubt even that cause they need at least one soldier in the field, and he's the only one left, (burt can't leave the tower for the same reason as michael wouldnt leave the tower when he was in command, leader has to stay home unless its an emergency), it'll be a while before saul gets better, and burt doesnt seem like he would be willing to let lizzy/riley go on a mission alone, I'm under the impression that he has old school lil bit sexist style of thought. (THis is by no means my opinion, i think lizzy/riley doing a solo girl power mission would be a good idea)

nikvoodoo
Feb 10th, 2011, 01:46 PM
i can see injured from this, but i'll bet everything that death wont be a consequence, cause if he was gonna die, the time frame has allready passed, if he was gonna die, he should died not making it out of the building in time or fighting th behemoth somehow, theres no way they'd kill him off like this, oh yeah he died off camera from some wounds, love him or hate him, he's a main character, if he dies he'll die with some glory, at worst, he'll be out of commission for a day or two so his leg could heal and he might miss a mission like when he sprained his ankle on the first supply run when they got burt, he sat out on the next mission, where the first ran into the mallers. but i doubt even that cause they need at least one soldier in the field, and he's the only one left, (burt can't leave the tower for the same reason as michael wouldnt leave the tower when he was in command, leader has to stay home unless its an emergency), it'll be a while before saul gets better, and burt doesnt seem like he would be willing to let lizzy/riley go on a mission alone, I'm under the impression that he has old school lil bit sexist style of thought. (THis is by no means my opinion, i think lizzy/riley doing a solo girl power mission would be a good idea)

I never meant to suggest he was going to die. I just meant to imply that after diving through a plate glass window and sustaining multiple wounds he was bleeding to the point he could pass out.

And Burt is starting to run out of personnel to send into the field. He may have no choice than to send the ladies out. Though I'm going to say Riley goes. Lizzy isn't going to leave Saul.

Ra1th
Feb 10th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I never meant to suggest he was going to die. I just meant to imply that after diving through a plate glass window and sustaining multiple wounds he was bleeding to the point he could pass out.

And Burt is starting to run out of personnel to send into the field. He may have no choice than to send the ladies out. Though I'm going to say Riley goes. Lizzy isn't going to leave Saul.

oh, i guess i misread your post, my bad but i am all for more riley, we havent seen much of her this season, well after the whole fire truck fiasco anyway, maybe she can go on a mission wiht angel, and then we can clear up the whole is she a lesbian thing or not

drlolzphd
Feb 10th, 2011, 04:27 PM
this episode really showed kalani's non-asshole side, this is probably the first and hopefully not the only time i didnt want kalani to get killed off on the spot, i also would love to see if hope is gonna be tommy's replacement and would definitely love to see greg be more fleshed out and hopefully be more than a store owner that offers water to new visitors

mascaria
Feb 10th, 2011, 06:32 PM
oh, i guess i misread your post, my bad but i am all for more riley, we havent seen much of her this season, well after the whole fire truck fiasco anyway, maybe she can go on a mission wiht angel, and then we can clear up the whole is she a lesbian thing or not

Nothing to clear up boys. <3

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 11th, 2011, 05:43 AM
ROFL@Mascaria!!
Please don't mess that up for the fan guys who wanna see Angel get broke off! LOL!

Chaz
Feb 12th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I rather like the way this season's going. The MRE missions a wrap, and theres a lead in to a "rescue colony" storyline, which is starting to sound interesting. Holidays are so bittersweet....waiting 2 weeks for the next part is a toughy.

nikvoodoo
Feb 12th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I rather like the way this season's going. The MRE missions a wrap, and theres a lead in to a "rescue colony" storyline, which is starting to sound interesting. Holidays are so bittersweet....waiting 2 weeks for the next part is a toughy.

There are two week gaps between the end of chapters and the beginning of the next one. So when part 3 of Chapter 19 is released on the 7th of March, the beginning of Chapter 20 won't hit until March 21. There's a link for production calendar here (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/calendar.php) so you can always know when there will be an episode released. Until then, hopefully we can keep you entertained here with our crazy theories.

shananala8
Feb 13th, 2011, 12:17 PM
So what are your opinions on why the MPK crew won't be able to leave? Is it because the colony is currently doing something to Michael beyond fixing his wing, or is it like Hope said, and they had a limited amount of time to sneak out before they were integrated into the colony?

Onslaught
Feb 13th, 2011, 02:00 PM
So what are your opinions on why the MPK crew won't be able to leave? Is it because the colony is currently doing something to Michael beyond fixing his wing, or is it like Hope said, and they had a limited amount of time to sneak out before they were integrated into the colony?
Well I always thought that it was something like you take some you give some. But it could be a time limit although I don't think they would want to keep track of something like that.

Pteranodon
Feb 13th, 2011, 07:38 PM
This chapter rocked! Seemed like it was over in 5 minutes....and Multiple behemoths!!!

lectio
Feb 13th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Well I always thought that it was something like you take some you give some. But it could be a time limit although I don't think they would want to keep track of something like that.

The gatekeeper said something about only being able to bring in so many people at a time. "Any more and you know what will happen." I wonder if there are strict population limits? A closed society?

nikvoodoo
Feb 13th, 2011, 09:08 PM
The gatekeeper said something about only being able to bring in so many people at a time. "Any more and you know what will happen." I wonder if there are strict population limits? A closed society?

I think what the Gatekeeper meant was "If you say you have four people, and five people come into the room with you, something bad will have to happen." I take it as another line of defense. If someone unauthorized makes it into the final holding pen, no matter how innocent it is, I think everyone in that room would be killed. The Colony is organized enough to set layer after layer of booby traps...I wouldn't put it past them to make a gas chamber or something to the like to kill unexpected guests in their final holding cell.

shananala8
Feb 15th, 2011, 02:34 AM

Haha, I didn't mean for it to sound like they started a stopwatch whenever someone entered. Rather, did they just have a limited amount of time before they had "jobs" or whatever and were a recognized part of the group that would no longer just be able to slip out.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 15th, 2011, 06:08 AM
I'm pretty sure any joe smoh could arrive and be able to leave as long as he didn't depleting any of their resources. Someone arrives and gets a bite to eat.. stuck. medical help.. stuck...
The issue is infection.. do you risk just letting people wander in and out? HELL NO! even if you have containment measures in place..ala the Gateroom examination.

alive in ky
Mar 10th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Honestly..no I don't feel that way..

and BURT rocks!!

ky