PDA

View Full Version : Timeline

forty7nations
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:52 PM
So I was listening to the first We're Alive and Michael started narrating the stories by saying the outbreak started "8 years ago." Given that info, where exactly are we in the 8 year timeline from when the out break starts and when Michael relays all this info?

nikvoodoo
Apr 6th, 2011, 07:27 PM
So I was listening to the first We're Alive and Michael started narrating the stories by saying the outbreak started "8 years ago." Given that info, where exactly are we in the 8 year timeline from when the out break starts and when Michael relays all this info?

Can you give a chapter and time stamp? I think I know what you're talking about but I want to make sure I'm not leading you astray.

HardKor
Apr 6th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Just re-listened to that part (Very beginning of 1-1 about the 1:40 mark). Michael says he started his freshman year of college in 2001, "almost 8 years ago now." So he seems to be writing the opening narration in 2009 which is where the show still is timeline-wise.

j0be
Apr 7th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Just re-listened to that part (Very beginning of 1-1 about the 1:40 mark). Michael says he started his freshman year of college in 2001, "almost 8 years ago now." So he seems to be writing the opening narration in 2009 which is where the show still is timeline-wise.

You are correct. He is stating that his college career has taken him 8 years and he is still not complete.

VeritableHero
Apr 7th, 2011, 07:40 AM
You are correct. He is stating that his college career has taken him 8 years and he is still not complete.And to clarify further, his college career has taken that long. It has not been that long since the outbreak. The outbreak occurred on May 8, 2009 (which he states a few seconds after the "8 years ago" comment). We know that we're in mid-to-late August 2009 in Chapter 20.

Kc
Apr 7th, 2011, 10:52 AM
And to clarify further, his college career has taken that long. It has not been that long since the outbreak. The outbreak occurred on May 8, 2009 (which he states a few seconds after the "8 years ago" comment). We know that we're in mid-to-late August 2009 in Chapter 20.
Yeah, that wasn't entirely clear... we tried to make it clearer in the remaster, but yes it started in 2009.

forty7nations
Apr 8th, 2011, 08:08 AM
thanks for re-clarifying. I guess I just mis-heard.