PDA

View Full Version : We're Alive Minecraft server OPEN TO ALL WHITELIST ENABLED" on the 7th

Pages : [1] 2

ObamaCat
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:02 PM
EDIT: We are in the process of creating a new server. More info to come, check the last few pages of this thread to read about the new server. There is no guarantee that the information in this post is accurate.

Introduction

So after a long discussion about where we could play, user Mythicgr66 stepped up and started hosting the Minecraft server!
Currently, the main focus is working on the Tower. And there's a LOT of work to do.

This post will keep track of the main progress of the Tower!

Cheers,

cPT.cAPSLOCK.

Server info:
TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE WHILE REPAIRING WITH MCEDIT
IP: 90.209.153.48
Hosted by: Mythicgr66
READ THE RULES BEFORE CONNECTING

Rules:

Use your common sense: don't steal, don't grief (destroy people's creations, and so forth), and try to help each other out when necessary.
Keep in mind that above and below your room, other people could be building, or will build in the future. So try to keep things on the right floor (or communicate with your neighbours!).
Also, try to have things fit in with the style of the rest of the building!

To be able to play, you have to be on the whitelist. The whitelist is managed by the server's admins and operators. Reply to the thread with your minecraft name, and we'll consider allowing you on the server.
This is to prevent people from destroying the tower, after so much hard work has been put into it. Thanks for understanding.

You are free to claim a room in the tower as your own. Use a sign to label it, like "<Name>'s Property" or something else with your name in it. If you have something special in mind for a room, use a sign to let people know. Other players should respect those wishes, because the tower is (or will become) large enough to have multiple rooms for everyone. Note that if you don't mark something with a sign, other people don't know what you have in mind for that area and thus might build there!

To-do:

Suggestions? Reply to the thread.
Repair all the damage done by some moron who stole TNT and wrecked the whole place.

Whitelisted players and their rooms:

Bold name equals server-admin or operator.
Format: Forum name: MineCraft name - Room location
Anything wrong or missing? Just reply to the thread.

cPT.cAPSLOCK: tcdejong - Bill's Penthouse (14th floor)
itsallgoodie: itsallgoodie - Secret room.
Mythicgr66: Mythicgr66 - Room on the 12th floor.
spellchekk: spellchekk - Room on the 12th floor

Other players and their rooms:
Boomstick: BrucezBoomstick - No room yet.
dcumm313: dcumm313 - Room on the 12th floor
GilTheFish: GilTheFish - No room yet.
Magrat: Magrat - No room yet
Th3_T3ch: Th3_T3ch - No room yet.

Floors and what you'll find there:
Roof:
Helipad, wheat farm, sugar canes.

14th floor:
Bill's Penthouse with public guest room, guest's quarters and private quarters.

13th floor:
It's a myth. Don't spend your time looking for it (the wiki states it does not exist).

12th floor:
Several player-owned rooms, several available rooms, small public storage room, small maintenance area (workbench chest furnaces), public lounge

11th floor:
Panorama view from staircase, several available rooms,

10th floor and below:
Mostly Work-in-progress for now. Will add later.

1st floor:
Lobby.

View ObamaCat's original post here:

Forumers. Recently me, StepLaugh, and itsallgoodie have been talking about the possibility of setting up a Minecraft multiplayer server in hopes of recreating the Tower. However we need your help with the server. I for one, have neither the knowledge, nor the computing power to set up a server, but I know that there must be some Minecraft players among our forum, particularly some who can set up a server. So if you can set up a server, or are interesting in playing with us, sound off below.

- Cat

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Apr 7th, 2011, 03:21 AM
If noone has an alternative, a friend of mine is already hosting a server. I can ask him if we can dedicate a part of his map to this project.
It's not ideal, but he - and the other players - never demolish others' projects.

Two sidenotes: most people there are dutch, and secondly, every once in a while they make a backup, start killing/attacking each other and literally blow everything up with TNT ('to blow off steam'). If you don't know about that, you can get kinda shocked when you see your masterpiece go up in the air.

Otherwise, I have the knowledge to set one up, but my upload is crappy and my machine isn't on 24/7 (it's in my bedroom, so that's not gonna change either).

itsallgoodie
Apr 7th, 2011, 06:03 AM
that could be good, like you said it would be ideal to have our own server but if no one can put it together or has the computer to host then I would have no problem with doing it on your friends server. -- provided that they are ok with it. I would be willing to somehow provide security that I wouldn't destroy their stuff.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Apr 7th, 2011, 07:25 AM
I guess the only fail-proof solution is more frequent backups. Anyway, I'll give him a shout the next time I see him, and report back to this thread.
Might take a few days though.

ObamaCat
Apr 7th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Sounds good. We can use that until we get a more permanent solution.

SleepyGlenn
Apr 8th, 2011, 06:44 AM
I think it's an excellent idea, sadly I don't have any server suggestions... and I'm not even that good at building stuff in Minecraft. :-p But I'd be interested to see what you guys come up with, and recreate the moment when... Zombie Tommy threw himself down a stairwell.

If only he had a pork chop on him at the time, everything could have turned out different.

StepLaugh
Apr 16th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Hmm, I'll be looking around, I'll ask people on twitter, and we'll see what I can come up with. I'm scarred to join that server, cause we could build the whole tower, and we get a server, and then we have to start all over again!

itsallgoodie
Apr 17th, 2011, 10:25 PM
its true stephen. but idk, i hope we find a host.

Decomposed Ass2Ass
May 6th, 2011, 10:16 PM
I'm also a newbie to minecraft so wouldn't be able to help with the server either >.< , but would love to be a part of this server (if we find/get one) and help recreate the tower :D

wiffadabiffa
May 6th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Excellent idea ObamaCat, if only I had Minecraft :(

cPT.cAPSLOCK
May 7th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Sorry, I kinda forgot about this one.
Either way, unfortunately its not quite practical to join the server I suggested. Its so damn huge already that everyone'd have a hard time finding a spot we could occupy (it'd take roughly 20 minutes walking to reach the edge of what they've built around the spawnpoint, and then we'd have to go even further to make sure we don't block their future projects).

Decomposed Ass2Ass
May 7th, 2011, 08:03 AM
P.s as much as my name might make it sound I promise you guys I'm no troll or minecraft griefer lol

Decomposed Ass2Ass
May 7th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Sorry, I kinda forgot about this one.
Either way, unfortunately its not quite practical to join the server I suggested. Its so damn huge already that everyone'd have a hard time finding a spot we could occupy (it'd take roughly 20 minutes walking to reach the edge of what they've built around the spawnpoint, and then we'd have to go even further to make sure we don't block their future projects).

Awwwwh dude that sucks lol, well hopefully someone else on the forum knows someone/has the knowhow to create a server

StepLaugh
May 7th, 2011, 02:05 PM
I'm talking to a friend this week, and we might be able to come up with something....maybe.

ObamaCat
May 7th, 2011, 03:24 PM
i'm talking to a friend this week, and we might be able to come up with something....maybe.

:3

Walrusgus
May 7th, 2011, 07:42 PM
I have a personal server with my friends. I could ask my friend who created to see if he could make one for us.

Decomposed Ass2Ass
May 8th, 2011, 05:14 AM
I have a personal server with my friends. I could ask my friend who created to see if he could make one for us.

Sounds great, get back to us about it when u can :)

Eitri
May 9th, 2011, 04:08 PM
What you do is you make a complete model of the tower and the area around it, but update it as the story moves on. So what im sayin is make a scale model of the We're a;ive world!
i rest my case

ObamaCat
May 9th, 2011, 04:23 PM
I'm in the process of contacting someone I know with a server we could possibly use.

Also for a more permanent solution I'm seriously considering:

http://www.servercraft.co/

Buying a Forum Server.

Buying a server allows us to have complete freedom over our server, and to have a constant good connection. The lowest prices start at $15 a month. If we all chip in that's not too much at all. There are only a few of us who have expressed interest right now so we can go with the 15 a month payment, and if a bunch of new people want in, we can always upgrade to a larger monthly payment for more players.

Decomposed Ass2Ass
May 9th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Sounds good ^^ and i've heard about servercraft, but i don't know if i would be able to afford the £15 a month, but yeah if alot of us chipped in it would be easier. I have a friend who knows how to create a server, but for it to be online 100% of the time, she would have to have her computer on also 100% of the time which is a little impracticle....

ObamaCat
May 9th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Yeah, servercraft hosts their own servers so they're up 99.99% of the time. I know a lot of us are scattered across the globe so it would be pretty impractical to have someone host it all the time. Right now we have 6 - 8 interested in the server, so we can go with the 15 a month, which is a 512 MB of ram server, with a recommended 1 - 8 players. 2 bucks a piece for that (per month mind you) isn't expensive at all. The next step up is the 30 a month server, with 1 GB of ram, recommended 1 - 16 players.

Decomposed Ass2Ass
May 9th, 2011, 05:33 PM
yeah sounds do-able, but how would we be able to put our money in seprately?

cPT.cAPSLOCK
May 9th, 2011, 06:25 PM
You could set up a paypall account, and have everyone donate their share to it.

Note: there's no way we can fully guarantee that the person who'd control the account doesn't violate your trust.
I don't expect this to happen, but remember that it's everyones own responsibility.

ObamaCat
May 9th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Well if StepLaugh, cPT.cAPSLOCK, or I are in control of the PayPal account I'd say your money if pretty well safe. We are moderators / admins, and a level of trust / accountability should come with that.

Any volunteers for setting up the account? I'll nominate myself :p. Or are we still undecided on servercraft?

cPT.cAPSLOCK
May 10th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I prefer not to. I just don't want the hassle of making sure everyone chipped in, and so forth.
Also, I tend to play singleplayer (because of the terrible minecart lag in multiplayer) so I won't be contributing.

Magrat
Jun 6th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Would love to do something like this! I don't know if it's doable, but I've been playing on a multiworld server that's donate based. Could try to convince them to set up a We're Alive world?

mylittlepwny
Jun 6th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Guys Minecraft is coming to the X-box 360 did you know that

Magrat
Jun 7th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Guys Minecraft is coming to the X-box 360 did you know that

ya wah huh!?

Link some info!!

Walrusgus
Jun 7th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Ohh guys, I forgot about this! I will talk to my friend who set a server up for me and see what he can do. Otherwise I would be happy to pay for something like servercraft. I will get back to you guys on this soon!

StepLaugh
Jun 7th, 2011, 12:25 AM
yeah dude let us know asap!

StepLaugh
Jun 8th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Well soon, we might be able to play minecraft on XBO360

itsallgoodie
Jun 8th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Well soon, we might be able to play minecraft on XBO360

cannot wait.

smalls kenobi
Jun 8th, 2011, 08:38 PM
i was holding back on the whole thing, but now that it's coming to XBOX360, i'm down :)

StepLaugh
Jun 8th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Yeah it's an awesome game!

ComradeNarf
Jun 8th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I'm a little sad, I really enjoyed the Fortress Craft game on the Xbox's Indie channel. I was eager to see where the game would go, but I'm afraid this will be the nail in the coffin. But it'll be nice to see proper Minecraft on the 360.

StepLaugh
Jun 8th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Minecraft doesnt have the graphics, but fortress craft doesnt have the Crafting which I really love.

ComradeNarf
Jun 8th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Minecraft doesnt have the graphics, but fortress craft doesnt have the Crafting which I really love.

Agreed. At the moment, there's absolutely no challenge to Fortresscraft, but I do love the idea of relics to hunt down.

Walrusgus
Jun 9th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Ok. Just spoke to my friend who is quite the computer guy. He says he can help us set up a server! He will get back to me soon about it so hold on.

Boomstick
Jun 11th, 2011, 12:16 PM
bump

Grognaurd
Jun 11th, 2011, 12:38 PM
What is this some sort of legos online? Does one get all the raw materials desired or is this another grinding time sink?

StepLaugh
Jun 11th, 2011, 09:41 PM
It's all about exploration and doing what ever you want, you pretty much make your fun, single player is fun in and of itself. I HIGHLY recommend it. I can never stop playing it.

Boomstick
Jun 12th, 2011, 01:38 PM
it looks fun. hopefully we can get a server set up!

Boomstick
Jun 14th, 2011, 07:01 AM
bump

Walrusgus
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Sorry if I haven't responded recently. Some of you may know but I live in an earthquake zone, and it hasn't been a good week. But I promise I will get back to you! Sadly it is getting pushed back again... :(

itsallgoodie
Jun 16th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Sorry if I haven't responded recently. Some of you may know but I live in an earthquake zone, and it hasn't been a good week. But I promise I will get back to you! Sadly it is getting pushed back again... :(

Its cool dude, stay safe.

daredevil
Jun 18th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Hey guys, I play Minecraft too and love it, I would love to help you build the tower and other parts of the We're Alive world if you want some help. :)
Also if you guys do make a server would there be a way to voice communicate or would it just be Minecraft chat?
Also stay safe walrusgus.

Dr. Hatchet
Jun 30th, 2011, 05:29 PM
I don't know if this has happened yet but I'd love to help out, minecraft is a great game, if we had time do you think we could try to get someone taping us reinacting the show?

Walrusgus
Jul 16th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Far out. Haven't been on here for awhile. I actually have made some progress my friend is doing whatever has to be done to make a server and it should be up soon!

itsallgoodie
Jul 28th, 2011, 10:08 AM
cool keep us posted!

Th3_T3ch
Jul 31st, 2011, 11:07 PM
totally up for building a scale model of the tower. I figure that would take about 8 hours with at least five people working and one person hacking in supplies. I've created other large things on my own before and know the pain of doing things alone. It would take forever, but I'm up for it!

dcumm313
Jul 31st, 2011, 11:57 PM
Howdy, okay, I also love minecraft, and I actually have a friend who's made a server before, has listened to the podcast and likes it, and has been interested in making a new one again! If you guys want I could try to coerce him to make another one to fit our needs, hes a really cool guy, a real close friend of mine, and I'm pretty sure he'd be down with letting people do their thing on the server.

Walrusgus
Aug 1st, 2011, 01:54 AM
Howdy, okay, I also love minecraft, and I actually have a friend who's made a server before, has listened to the podcast and likes it, and has been interested in making a new one again! If you guys want I could try to coerce him to make another one to fit our needs, hes a really cool guy, a real close friend of mine, and I'm pretty sure he'd be down with letting people do their thing on the server.

My friend said it should be up before the weekend (apparently hes been in Europe... my bad). So if your friend wants to make one whoever can do it sooner I guess should it?

Th3_T3ch
Aug 4th, 2011, 02:28 AM
First server to post their IP wins!

mythicgr66
Aug 4th, 2011, 05:00 PM
i have been trying for the last few days to get a server running and for some reason it isn't working, i'll keep trying

mythicgr66
Aug 4th, 2011, 07:20 PM
i've just got the server up, the ip is 2.127.52.8, just so you know the internet were i live is ok at best, so warning there may be lag

ObamaCat
Aug 4th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Dude you are awesome.

mythicgr66
Aug 4th, 2011, 07:41 PM
to every one please post you minecraft id so i know you are members not a gate crasher, im mythicgr66

mythicgr66
Aug 4th, 2011, 08:58 PM
well im loggin off for the night, the lobby has been made long with a small farm and im working in on the first floor igoddie (i think that is your ID) is working out side the tower.

the server is still runing just so you know

itsallgoodie
Aug 4th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I'm on.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 5th, 2011, 02:26 AM
I'm on, as 'tcdejong'.
I'll be stacking up some resources for you guys - not so much of a builder myself.

I'd like to add one thing though, the current base for the tower is really small. But I guess you know that, so I'll just start getting some wood, iron and diamonds for ya.
Nevermind. What I saw wasn't the tower, just a temporary shack.

Update:
In the little shack, next to the bed, you'll find a chest with my resources and two signs above it. Just use with common sense (i.e. don't make armor with those diamonds, it's peaceful anyway ;) )
Also, if you follow the torches from the shack away from the tower, you'll find my mine. There are a few unexplored caves connected to the main (spiral) staircase. Watch out though, when getting to the lower levels there's plenty of lava in there too. I'll mark layer 11 by the time I've found it, as that's the best layer for diamond, redstone, iron and coal.

The stuff in that chest should last you for a while

Th3_T3ch
Aug 5th, 2011, 06:11 AM
my username is the same as this one 'Th3_T3ch'. I'll be sending myself your server shortly.... hopefully.

mythicgr66
Aug 5th, 2011, 08:47 PM
i've uploaded some photos of the work we have done to my profile if you all want to look.

So Thanks to every one who worked on this, hopefully soon in the next few days/week the tower will be complete

dcumm313
Aug 6th, 2011, 12:21 AM
my usernames also dcumm313

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 7th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Updated first post.

Solanine
Aug 7th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Not many details about the 360 version of Minecraft, hopefully we can have a private world. I can't join in until then but as I'm keeping a close eye on the game I will post links to relevant info on here. Pretty good game with which to make a sim of Wa, zombies and other nasty's and the possiblity of some setting up as the colony/ mallers? I'd love to play out the war.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 7th, 2011, 06:23 AM
I doubt if the 360 version is worth playing. The games control scheme really depends on your mouse, making it much easier on PC than using analog sticks.
Also, on the PC you can have mods and texture packs, which I doubt will be available on the 360.

Hollomandious
Aug 7th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Every time i hear the words "Mine" and "Craft" put together, i think of this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs

Just wondering, how many hours do you think he put in on that place before he effed it up?

itsallgoodie
Aug 7th, 2011, 08:54 AM
what happened, i can't log in??? ima try again.

Solanine
Aug 7th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Its true. I myself have doubts. This is a chance for Microsoft to be very clever or be Microsoft. If there could be some sort in game store like forza that would be good. I'm worried about online play with servers. I wonder how they will work servers. With XBL's community I don't want to be in a general multiplayer map but I want to be able play with my friends/ the Wa community. In a recent interview Notch said that the interface is being simplified to work with console. As for Mouse v.s controller, its a debate thats being going on decades. We won't end it here. Also I'd just like to note that games like Torchlight and Halo wars are starting to push the point that genres that previously haven't been successful on console can be. Im no console fan boy, I like to think I'll always be playing on what has the best games.

mythicgr66
Aug 8th, 2011, 11:07 AM
what happened, i can't log in??? ima try again.

yh sry about that i've been trying to fix my internet as yesterday it was up and down like a yo-yo, i think i have fixed it and the sever is up and running.

also who ever added the hallow shell to the back side of the tower, thanks now i got to fill it in, (i suffer form a minor form of OCD). that's hrs of work Great

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 8th, 2011, 11:11 AM
It crashed this afternoon. I haven't been able to log in since.
Sorry Myth, I didn't know about that. I straightened it, but will help you fill up.

mythicgr66
Aug 8th, 2011, 03:07 PM
im finished for today i've fixed the hollow gaps and enlarged the farm, i bult a helepad yesterday along with a dam to stop flooding and just finished the road out side the tower.

i will leave the server on if there are any problems plz contact me

spellchekk
Aug 8th, 2011, 03:36 PM
My username is spellchekk, I'd love to help you guys out, I love minecraft and I'm a really good builder. It should be fun to try this out with you all.

mythicgr66
Aug 8th, 2011, 03:57 PM
My username is spellchekk, I'd love to help you guys out, I love minecraft and I'm a really good builder. It should be fun to try this out with you all.

go on when ever you want, pick a room and get aquanted with the area as there is a S load of work to do

itsallgoodie
Aug 8th, 2011, 07:58 PM
can't connect again...

mythicgr66
Aug 8th, 2011, 08:57 PM
can't connect again...

the route is up and working all lights are green, i even check the port is working with http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

i will leave the server running

if you get an error message plz post it here

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 9th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Not working for me either: It gives a time-out.
It's been like this since yesterday afternoon - hopefully you can find out what's wrong.

mythicgr66
Aug 9th, 2011, 02:03 AM
ok i found out what the problem was and you wont belive me.

at first i thought it might of been the ports or the firewall no, then i check my external ip

Then i realised my router is personally F**king with me, my external IP adress (what you type in to minecraft mutiplayer) has changed to 90.209.153.48, i have no F'ing idea how that happened

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 9th, 2011, 02:07 AM
That means you have a so-called 'Dynamic IP'. When your connection isn't used for a bit (turns inactive, or sometimes when rebooting your router) you will get a new IP.
Updated the first post - I can connect to the new IP just fine.

Magrat
Aug 9th, 2011, 06:10 AM
oh fun times!
I'm Magrat, because I'm original that way.
My computer is being a prissy little thing at the moment so I'm probably not going to appear any time soon. Perhaps I shall, who knows really?
More than likely I'll be on in a day or two to check the place out (hopefully the ip hasn't changed again by then :P ) and help with the build.

I think it would be awesome to have the mallers or the colony (or even the arena) built, although they'd need to be a decent distance away and with enough 'stuff' between them to make it a good little trek to get there, just like in the radio drama itself.

anywho, can't wait to see it all!

Th3_T3ch
Aug 10th, 2011, 06:40 PM
So I keep getting the "bad login" error when I try to get on. Do you have it set up so that the online mode is 'false'? if not then I won't be able to get on... I didn't exactly 'buy' the game.

mythicgr66
Aug 10th, 2011, 09:25 PM
So I keep getting the "bad login" error when I try to get on. Do you have it set up so that the online mode is 'false'? if not then I won't be able to get on... I didn't exactly 'buy' the game.

nope

#Minecraft server properties
#Fri Aug 05 01:17:53 BST 2011
level-name=The Tower
allow-nether=false
view-distance=15
spawn-monsters=false
online-mode=true
spawn-animals=true
max-players=20
server-ip=
pvp=true
level-seed=Glacier
server-port=25565
allow-flight=false
white-list=false

and the server is only 9/20 full, in a few days/week i might change the spawn monsters to True

i also checked the external IP it's still 90.209.153.48, it might have to do with the "copy" of the game you have

mythicgr66
Aug 10th, 2011, 09:36 PM
i see this every now and then, Th3_t3ch is this your IP 69.***.149.*** ( i removed part of the address) it says you lost connection

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:59 AM
The only solution is buying the game, Th3_T3ch. We do not condone illegal activities here, so that includes software piracy.
Now the server is no official part of We're Alive, but at the same time it's closely related.

@Mythicgr66:

It'd be nice to have monsters turned on, but I guess we need to check the inside of the tower for safety, first.
Make sure everything is properly lit and stuff, so that no creepers spawn inside and ruin all of the hard work ^^

Also, there's still a LOT of digging to be done, which would be a pain with monsters turned on...

Personally, I'd say it's something to save for later.

Th3_T3ch
Aug 11th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I understand the whole not condoning illegal activities thing, I'm not a hacker my friends are. And you do have the online mode set to 'true' so that is probably causing my problem. oh well, I guess I'll just create things in my own little world for now. And I do intend to buy the game eventually, when it becomes a full game. I also have several mods on so that might be causing a problem.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Bad login means nothing than that the account you are(n't) using is not legit. Therefore, it won't allow you to connect to servers.

Online-mode

Server checks connecting players against minecraft's account database. Only set this to false if your server is not connected to the Internet. Hackers with fake accounts can connect if this is set to false! If minecraft.net is down or inaccessible, no players will be able to connect if this is set to true.

Turning it off is asking for trouble.

And yes, your mods will also cause problems. But the first thing it does when you connect, is seeing if your account is legit. As yours is not, it won't even check if your version is the same as the server's (including mods).

Lastly, the earlier you buy it, the cheaper it is.
The alpha costed only €10, the beta €15, and the final will cost €20.
Also, people who have the alpha have a license for ALL future versions. Including those on other platforms (confirmed by Notch, the developer).

The beta accounts have signed up to whole different terms. What exactly, I can't recall, to be honest. But regardless, buying is the only solution if you want to play it with us.

Why are you deciding to wait anyway? When having a legit account, you at least stay up-to-date all the time.
It just saves a lot of hassle... and it costs only €15.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 12th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Ehm, could anyone tell me what happened on the server?
Theres a massive ammount of gravel in the middle of the staircase, and there are some stone blocks obstructing the corridor on the 10th floor or so.
On those stone blocks are buttons, which trigger pistons below.

May I ask, who built that, and why? I don't really see how it fits with the Tower :S

Also I noticed the massive "we're alive" sign made out of glowstone - I personally think it's over the top, but I can live with that.
The gravel/piston thing just confuses me though.

mythicgr66
Aug 12th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Ehm, could anyone tell me what happened on the server?
Theres a massive ammount of gravel in the middle of the staircase, and there are some stone blocks obstructing the corridor on the 10th floor or so.
On those stone blocks are buttons, which trigger pistons below.

May I ask, who built that, and why? I don't really see how it fits with the Tower :S

Also I noticed the massive "we're alive" sign made out of glowstone - I personally think it's over the top, but I can live with that.
The gravel/piston thing just confuses me though.

ok i admit i did the were alive in glowstone, i was board i didn't have enough wool so i used glow stone, but he the hole gravel stuff block i have no clue i havent been on today i go though gaming kicks currently i wana play AC:B

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 12th, 2011, 02:56 PM
ac:B is great, so I forgive you ;)
If noone has responded before tomorrow evening, I'll remove the pistons and gravel.

h3half
Aug 12th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Looks like grief to me. Also, one of the floors signs was removed and replaced with weird words. 8th floor I think?

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 12th, 2011, 03:17 PM
hmmyea... 8th floor is replaced by 'some floor'...
someone has been naughty.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 13th, 2011, 02:53 AM
Okay, so I've done a little searching and this is what I found:

8th Floor sign replaced by 'some floor'
Big piles of gravel in the fountain at the bottom (caused you to die when dropping into it)
Two pistons that were pushing gravel down the stairs from the 10th floor
"Rhys Room" on the 11th floor with... a freakin minecart trail going outside?

Screenshots can be found here. (http://imgur.com/a/kp9c3)

I already fixed the first three items, but as I'm playing on a laptop without mouse right now I haven't touched the "rollercoaster".

Also, I have no clue who this "Rhys" guy is. He doesn't show up in the forum's memberlist, anyway.

mythicgr66
Aug 13th, 2011, 10:16 AM
im sorry to anyone who has tried to connect in the last hr i have been messing around with my pc and server to make it run better so far ive upgraded the memory use from around 200mb to 1064mb, im still trying to increase my internet but most required softwar witch i dont really trust.

if you have any tips please post

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 13th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Thanks for spending extra time on making the server run optimally :)

ClearSights
Aug 14th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Do I have to buy the full game in order to do this?

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 14th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Yup. It costs €15 right now, I believe.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 15th, 2011, 03:30 AM
This is unbe-fucking-lievable.

Someone blew up a LOT of the tower, with TNT.
The staircase, some rooms, a bit of the corrider, the penthouse...
It's all gone to hell.

So myth, I was wondering: Do you have a backup, and do you have a log that shows who connects and leaves?

This is what we know so far:

The person who did this used an excessive amount of TNT.
Inventory hacking is practically impossible because the inventory is managed by the server (instead of locally) so for now I leave that option out of the equation.
Crafting TNT is impossible without gunpowder, which you can only get from Creepers. Monsters are turned off, so that's impossible also.
As far as I know, only Mythicgr66 and I are admins. I haven't given anyone TNT. Goodie did get a lot of TNT from when we were digging out the tower.
The above means that either an admin did this, or an admin has given the griefer TNT

This incident is just pathetic, that someone took the time to destroy everything we built for fun.
I suggest working with a whitelist from now on.

Screenshots. (http://imgur.com/a/Lc3je)

ClearSights
Aug 15th, 2011, 06:29 AM
I think I might get minecraft.

but for the destruction.....Maybe the maulers did it

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 15th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Too soon.

Mostly Mythicgr66 and I have spent hours on digging the tower out, building rooms, and I spent a lot of time on the penthouse as well.
It'll take even longer to repair the damage done if we don't have a backup.
Especially because the end was in sight (a lot of things were finished: floor 14 through 10 all looked pretty cool. Most work had to be done on the exterior now), that just sucks.

ClearSights
Aug 15th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Im going to look into getting it and if I do ill help with the re-build after I get use to the game first

spellchekk
Aug 15th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I logged on and fixed the stairways as best I could and did a little repair work on some of the paths and hallways.

I was wondering when you guys are normally on. Whenever I get on there is no one there, and I don't want to do anything big until I get permission from you all so I don't mess stuff up.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 16th, 2011, 03:24 AM
@ClearSights, thanks for the offer. Don't worry about it, though.

@Spellcheck: it varies.
Right now I rely on a laptop without dedicated usb mouse, which kinda sucks to play MC. I'm picking one up this afternoon.
I tend to play anywhere between 11:00 GMT+1 and 02:00 GMT+1, depending when I'm in the mood.
Great work on the repairs by the way. You did quite a lot already.

Also, I suggest not getting too attached to things that have been fixed, as the griefer is probably still around.
Hopefully Mythicgr66 replies to my question (whether he has a back-up) and when we can have a whitelist set up, only allowing specific members (which we will regulate through the forum). Otherwise I'll use obsidian (nearly indestructible blocks) here and there.
That's a rather drastic measure, but I guess it's the only way to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

I don't feel like rebuilding everything, only to see it destroyed for the second time.

mythicgr66
Aug 17th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Dudes what happen, im gone for a few days (playing assasins creed: botherhood and GTA: SA) and all this stuff happened, well ive made the server white-list, as its going to take days to fix this, and if i ever find out who did this i will ban you from the server.

currently the only people on the white list for now are:

tcdejong
spellchekk
itsallgoodie
mythicgr66 (me)

mythicgr66
Aug 17th, 2011, 11:40 AM
now im pissed off the person who blew up the tower stole the TNT from my room, if this ever happens again im shutting down the server as this is going to take days to fix.

Gilbert
Aug 17th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I barely found this thread today and how do i join the minecraft/we're alive server?
And as for the tnt explosion iv'e been reading about I think there is a rat in your Tower.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 17th, 2011, 12:19 PM
The server is currently offline while we (mostly Mythicgr66 with MCEdit) are repairing the Tower.

Once it's back online, you'll have to be on the whitelist to join. You can request permission here, and one of the admins or operators will add you (after some consideration - no guarantees).
You can join by entering the IP in the box you get after clicking 'multiplayer' in the main menu.

Gilbert
Aug 17th, 2011, 12:27 PM
ok and my Username in Minecraft is the same one as on here which is GilTheFish

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 17th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Alright.

For now you'll have to be patient.
We're repairing the tower first, and I would like to get to know you a little better before giving access to the server. That's nothing personal - just making sure.
Thanks for understanding.

mythicgr66
Aug 17th, 2011, 01:33 PM
the server is now back up i fixed 85% of the Damage the rest will have to be done in game as i cant really fine tune MCEdit with the smaller details to fix

also i dug removed quite a large chuck of digging saving us the few day i would of needed to do that , in order to ge the tower 100%

Gilbert
Aug 17th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Is it ok if i move into one of the vacant rooms?

Boomstick
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Minecraft name: BrucezBoomstick

Finally we got a MineCraft Server!

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 19th, 2011, 11:16 AM
allright. Listed your username to be up for consideration to be whitelisted some time.
Looking at your post history, you'll probably be whitelisted soon, but I want to discuss this with Mythicgr66 before doing anything just yet.

GilTheFish:
Yes, you can use any of the empty rooms, or build your own (keep it a little realistic though) on a floor of your choice.
For now, please be patient though.

mythicgr66
Aug 19th, 2011, 06:04 PM
im logging off for tonight i finnished off 2 more floors and added some detail to the stairway, buy adding 2 seating areas, nothing fancy

Boomstick
Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
allright. Listed your username to be up for consideration to be whitelisted some time.
Looking at your post history, you'll probably be whitelisted soon, but I want to discuss this with Mythicgr66 before doing anything just yet.

No worries! :)

mythicgr66
Aug 22nd, 2011, 04:37 PM
im turing off the server for a bit i found some more sabotage damage im going ot use MCEdit to fix it be back on in about hr

Retract that the server is now back up and i also dug out more of the tower

Boomstick
Aug 28th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Is the server down? I'm having difficulties logging in.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Aug 28th, 2011, 07:45 PM
It's probably because of the whitelist.

Boomstick
Aug 30th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Hey what time does everyone normally get on?

mythicgr66
Sep 5th, 2011, 07:42 PM
im so sick and tierd of this

I have been Ill for a few days i came back and instantly saw what boomstick (brucezboomstick) has done to the tower.

In the few weeks its been running, the tower has been blown up with my TNT, someone put a mine track thought his room to the out side (first to die when the zombies come), then brucezboomstick built his so called bungalo.

I just dont care any more, im turning off the server you can thank boomstick he was the straw that broke my back, im sick and tired of people doing stuff like this, this meant to a somewhat life scale of the tower in minecraft.

if you want a copy of the server, i set up an e-mail address greaper3000@gmail.com, so send me an e-mail to this address from a "safe" e-mail address (an e-mail account you dont use anymore or created for online gaming sites so not to recive junk mail) and i will send you a copy

daredevil
Sep 7th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Hi I'm daredevilk and I have a Server I could dedicate to the We're Alive tower if no one else has it. I can also get the map from the old host if you guys want.

mythicgr66
Sep 7th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Hi I'm daredevilk and I have a Server I could dedicate to the We're Alive tower if no one else has it. I can also get the map from the old host if you guys want.

i send you a copy if you want just e-mail me at greaper3000@gmail.com

mythicgr66
Sep 7th, 2011, 07:27 PM
itsallgoodie messaged me asking:

so i got it, what exactly am i supposed to do with it? I'm new to all this still...

So ok I though I might as well post the answer here as well, so you go in to your .minecraft folder (for me C:\Users\Mythicgr66\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft or use Run then type in %appdata%) then go in to the saves folder and copy it in to there (the whole thing unziped)

daredevil
Sep 8th, 2011, 03:40 AM
i send you a copy if you want just e-mail me at greaper3000@gmail.com

Yeah, I emailed you, I'm daredevil-k@hotmail.com

mythicgr66
Sep 8th, 2011, 05:55 AM
sry it took so long it sent you e-mail to junk file, i normally use hotmail as well

daredevil
Sep 8th, 2011, 03:45 PM
No problem.

Would people like me to fix it before I put it up or put it up and everyone can fix it?

I'll also use permissions.

mythicgr66
Sep 8th, 2011, 07:47 PM
No problem.

Would people like me to fix it before I put it up or put it up and everyone can fix it?

I'll also use permissions.

personaly i would fix it before putting it up, most other people would prefer to help but one persons help might = adding a massive addon to the side of the tower just so he can have a better room

see yh l8r im going to play dead island, just released 4 hrs ago

daredevil
Sep 9th, 2011, 12:52 AM
I'm broke right now, But when I get some money... Dead ISLAND!!!

Shortyrocks141
Sep 17th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Can I join the server?
I mean, I don't know my commitment time, at least until October (will be more free) and I just joined today and played for a few hours. But I just am so curious to see the tower you guys have, and I just was hoping if I joined a server that I could maybe learn more about the game. Jw.

Gilbert
Sep 21st, 2011, 09:38 PM
Can I join the server?
I mean, I don't know my commitment time, at least until October (will be more free) and I just joined today and played for a few hours. But I just am so curious to see the tower you guys have, and I just was hoping if I joined a server that I could maybe learn more about the game. Jw.

Actually they closed about a week or two ago because of people doing random s*** to the tower.

Nazario Jose Lopez
Oct 13th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Actually they closed about a week or two ago because of people doing random s*** to the tower.

So no more minecraft server...?

Gilbert
Oct 26th, 2011, 04:38 PM
So no more minecraft server...?
yup unless someone makes a new one

Dark_dreams2772
Nov 13th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I would like to join the server if that is alright ObamaCat.

daredevil
Nov 13th, 2011, 10:51 PM
yup unless someone makes a new one
I'm building the new one as we speak.

Solanine
Nov 13th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Brilliant. I was never part of the old one but I now have Minecraft and would love to join in once the server is up. Its "The_Arrow_smith" Obama cat.

itsallgoodie
Nov 14th, 2011, 10:17 AM
the problem is someone, (cant remember who) decided to bomb the tower as we were building it...and it was a whole bunch of shit and our host, myth, if i recall, shut it down. so if it happens again we may have to take some steps to prevent it. We had users invest tens of hours perhaps hundreds of hours for it to all be destroyed.

daredevil
Nov 14th, 2011, 03:01 PM
the problem is someone, (cant remember who) decided to bomb the tower as we were building it...and it was a whole bunch of shit and our host, myth, if i recall, shut it down. so if it happens again we may have to take some steps to prevent it. We had users invest tens of hours perhaps hundreds of hours for it to all be destroyed.
Don't worry.. I'm adding certain..... Precautions. ;)

itsallgoodie
Nov 14th, 2011, 07:38 PM
cool! let me know when its done! Im stoked.

Solanine
Nov 15th, 2011, 11:40 PM
You know what the answer is? Obsidian tower!

daredevil
Nov 16th, 2011, 04:02 AM
You know what the answer is? Obsidian tower!
.... :)

Nazario Jose Lopez
Nov 30th, 2011, 05:09 PM

We can use mods or something no?

daredevil
Nov 30th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Something... More likely bukkit plugins.

random_highjinx
Dec 1st, 2011, 04:43 AM
My id is random_highjinx.

If you'll have me, I'd like to play. :)

I'd suggest making the rules and info a bit more clear though.
Are we allowed to make dwellings away from the tower?
Is everyone assigned a task to do?

I like making my own places to live, so this might not be my thing.
But it sounds like fun and I'd like to at least see the tower. :)

daredevil
Dec 1st, 2011, 05:01 AM
This is going to be a large.. ish map that has the Tower in it. There will be dwelling outside of the tower or you can build your own. There will be restrictions on that though. Or you can be a maller........ :)

However, the nights are going to be freaking brutal...

random_highjinx
Dec 1st, 2011, 05:03 AM
Interesting. I'm a pretty good mc survivalist lol. It would be fun to live in the tower too though.

Creepers are the bane of my existence though... freaking creepers.

daredevil
Dec 1st, 2011, 05:05 AM
Interesting. I'm a pretty good mc survivalist lol. It would be fun to live in the tower too though.

Creepers are the bane of my existence though... freaking creepers.
Lord... Creepers.... Notch was drunk, high, and mad at the world when he invented them.

random_highjinx
Dec 1st, 2011, 05:12 AM
True story. That was a dark, dark, DARK day. That hissy/screech sound they make haunts my dreams...

daredevil
Dec 1st, 2011, 09:16 PM
Hey, Anyone here good at making skins? I've been busy with the server and unable to make some skins.... But we need We're Alive Skins.

random_highjinx
Dec 2nd, 2011, 02:37 AM
I've never tried? But I could look into it? What are you looking for?

*edit*
I found this on my first search http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/571250 looks like people should be able to fairly easily (and with some fun) make their own?

daredevil
Dec 2nd, 2011, 02:57 PM
I've never tried? But I could look into it? What are you looking for?

*edit*
I found this on my first search http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/571250 looks like people should be able to fairly easily (and with some fun) make their own?
I was just think someone should make some of the characters in We're Alive, Skins.

Siegfried
Dec 2nd, 2011, 06:22 PM
my minecraft username is 'Robert Siegfried' and i would like to join the server. is there a process or test to sign up or did i just do that.
-Siegfried

daredevil
Dec 2nd, 2011, 08:34 PM
There will be a signup process.
It will not tedious, it will be a easy and quick sign up.

random_highjinx
Dec 2nd, 2011, 10:37 PM
I was just think someone should make some of the characters in We're Alive, Skins.

That would be fun. Not sure I'd be the best for that. I have conflicting ideas of what the characters look like. lol

daredevil
Dec 2nd, 2011, 10:48 PM
That would be fun. Not sure I'd be the best for that. I have conflicting ideas of what the characters look like. lol
:)

Siegfried
Dec 3rd, 2011, 09:04 AM
alright, so am i on the whitelist now or is there still something i need to do, i do love minecraft but i'm not gonna wait a huge ammount of time just to join a server. is there something i can do now to join or do i have to wait for a while. and also, do i need to be whitelisted to just visit and take a look at this map, because it sounds amazing.

daredevil
Dec 3rd, 2011, 01:44 PM
No, You will be a guest to start with unless you sign up, The sign up process will take like 5 minutes if that.

Siegfried
Dec 3rd, 2011, 07:01 PM
what is that sign up process? sorry if i'm not catching on to something here but all of these minecraft servers seem to have a different sign up process and i've stopped trying to figure it all out on my own since i need to start all over again every time i get on another server.
-Siegfried

daredevil
Dec 3rd, 2011, 08:28 PM
Don't worry, This will be a simple type in your username and your whitelisted sign up. :)

Siegfried
Dec 4th, 2011, 09:30 AM
and (here we go with me not catching hints again) do you know about when the server is going to be active again?

daredevil
Dec 4th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Yeah, It's very very soon, I just have to automate the whitelisting process. That'll take today, maybe tomorrow.

random_highjinx
Dec 5th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Good luck!

daredevil
Dec 5th, 2011, 05:23 AM
... I'll need it... <br />
<br />
<br />
I don't know if I can post after myself so I'm going to edit a previous post. <br />
<br />
I need Figureheads. Like Lizzy with the water and Datu with the power and what not. <br />
They'd...

random_highjinx
Dec 6th, 2011, 02:00 AM
I would volunteer, but I don't think anyone would trust me much yet. I'm pretty new around here plus I'm also pretty new to Minecraft. I've only been playing a few weeks aaaand I'm moving to an apartment that doesn't have the greatest internet right now. So I'm not even sure if I'll be able to play with you guys :\

Screw Japan and it's supposedly amazing technology. They LIE!

daredevil
Dec 6th, 2011, 03:14 AM
I would volunteer, but I don't think anyone would trust me much yet. I'm pretty new around here plus I'm also pretty new to Minecraft. I've only been playing a few weeks aaaand I'm moving to an apartment that doesn't have the greatest internet right now. So I'm not even sure if I'll be able to play with you guys :\

Screw Japan and it's supposedly amazing technology. They LIE!
I take comfort in knowing that they'll go first when zombies come.

random_highjinx
Dec 6th, 2011, 04:11 AM
I take comfort in knowing that they'll go first when zombies come.

Shhhhhh!

>__>
<__<

I'm still in Tokyo! lol

daredevil
Dec 6th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Shhhhhh!

>__>
<__<

I'm still in Tokyo! lol

Hahaha

Extra edit so I don't double post myself. What would be a good prefix for the Tower Leaders and the maller leaders? and stuff.

daredevil
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:44 AM
I'm going to double post because Kc did it so I assume it's ok!

I just bought a huge server, give me maybe a week and You'll have your server.

Solanine
Dec 17th, 2011, 11:35 AM

Brilliant!
Just keep that TNT locked up tight this time!

random_highjinx
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:30 PM

You're awesome <3

daredevil
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Burt's lock is getting a new combo. :)

Solanine
Dec 18th, 2011, 07:57 AM
At some point will we designate a team to make the mall? Could be cool at some point to save the map and then have a war!

daredevil
Dec 18th, 2011, 07:59 AM
At some point will we designate a team to make the mall? Could be cool at some point to save the map and then have a war!
... that was my plan from the beginning :) If we get enough people.

What would be a good prefix for the Towerfolk and the mallers?

Solanine
Dec 18th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Don't know, scar and burt? How long is it supposed to be?

daredevil
Dec 18th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Something short-ish. Nothing specific. Just a this is a person of importance sort of thing.

Solanine
Dec 18th, 2011, 08:07 AM
What is this for e'body in each group eg yu might be (tow)Username or just for leaders?

daredevil
Dec 18th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Actually that's good. Thanks, I have an idea :)

Solanine
Dec 18th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Care to share?

daredevil
Dec 18th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Maybe just a (Tower) or (Mall) for everyone and then the opposing force wouldn't know if they were important or not.

Solanine
Dec 18th, 2011, 08:22 AM
I have no preference but I'd take the job as Mod for mallers, Durai maybe?

daredevil
Dec 18th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Maybe... We'll see who can handle the task of being Durai.... DUN DUN DAH!!!!!

Also... Stranded.

Solanine
Dec 18th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Maybe... We'll see who can handle the task of being Durai.... DUN DUN DAH!!!!!

Also... Stranded.

"It would be wise not to insult me." JJ, I'll do what ever. I'm prob just going to take of on recon missions when not helping with building. Do you know wether it is possible to turn of all mobs except zombies in the server code? I know you can teleport players.

daredevil
Dec 18th, 2011, 08:34 AM
"It would be wise not to insult me." JJ, I'll do what ever. I'm prob just going to take of on recon missions when not helping with building. Do you know wether it is possible to turn of all mobs except zombies in the server code? I know you can teleport players.
Mr... Mr Durai... I'd never ever do that....... Except ALWAYS!!!!

Yeah, Bukkit plugins can.

Go to The bukkit plugin page (http://plugins.bukkit.org/#ti=&ta=all&au=&subm=false&pno=0) and tell me if you find any good plugins the server should have.

Solanine
Dec 18th, 2011, 08:50 AM
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/15528

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/17961 (for pegs garden)

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/22159 (for journals)

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/21171 (to find tower, water works etc easily)

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/37544 (brings back the dead?)

Probably good enough for now, i'll take another look later.

daredevil
Dec 18th, 2011, 08:54 AM
That journal one is beast.

Solanine
Dec 18th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Yeah, would be good anyway to keep track of what people are doing, and the WA reference makes it perfect.

daredevil
Dec 19th, 2011, 04:45 AM
I just can't wait till Michael storms into the tower demanding Datu's Journal...

Solanine
Dec 19th, 2011, 02:12 PM
We going to go with the old tower design or start from scratch?

daredevil
Dec 19th, 2011, 05:30 PM
We going to go with the old tower design or start from scratch?
Hahaha, scratch... 'cause someone blew up the tower... Hahahaha

I have two plans.
# One is to put the old tower up, I would require a tiny bit of rebuilding but we could do that.
# Two is to put up a tower I built recently. It is accurate to the story up to about chapter 7 and It isn't down at bedrock, but I don't think it's the best. Give me a little while to work on it. It's mainly just the room placements and the elevators and Stairwell placement.

If anyone has any plans on the tower or something, That'd be nice.

random_highjinx
Dec 20th, 2011, 04:39 AM
What would be a good prefix for the Tower Leaders and the maller leaders? and stuff.

Would you like an encompassing prefix? If so, Ld or LD would probably be fine. I kind of like Lt. or Capt. keeping with military theme of the boys.

Mr... Mr Durai... I'd never ever do that....... Except ALWAYS!!!!

Yeah, Bukkit plugins can.

Go to The bukkit plugin page (http://plugins.bukkit.org/#ti=&ta=all&au=&subm=false&pno=0) and tell me if you find any good plugins the server should have.

[ADMN/FUN/RPG/SEC/TP] JailLikeHell v.1.3.5! -Jail those stupid griefers! [1597]
[RPG] LoreTime v1.3.0 - A date plugin for RP servers [1000] (would be kind of nice, but the time moves so fast that it might be a bit superfluous.)
[ADMN/MISC] GuestLock v0.1 - Make guests read your rules. [1337]
[FUN/MISC] Tribu v0.4 - The ZombieSurvival continuation [1185]

daredevil
Dec 20th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Would you like an encompassing prefix? If so, Ld or LD would probably be fine. I kind of like Lt. or Capt. keeping with military theme of the boys.

[ADMN/FUN/RPG/SEC/TP] JailLikeHell v.1.3.5! -Jail those stupid griefers! [1597]
[RPG] LoreTime v1.3.0 - A date plugin for RP servers [1000] (would be kind of nice, but the time moves so fast that it might be a bit superfluous.)
[ADMN/MISC] GuestLock v0.1 - Make guests read your rules. [1337]
[FUN/MISC] Tribu v0.4 - The ZombieSurvival continuation [1185]
Please post links next time because I don't like the Bukkit searcher.

Those are good plugin ideas guys, Keep them coming.

This is going to sound bad but LD? I have no idea what that is.

The Military idea with Lt. and Capt. was good but what would everyone be? And the Boys have started to move away from Military boundaries. Although Season 3 might change that.

random_highjinx
Dec 20th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Yeah, sorry. I couldn't figure out the short links that Solanine put up and I was time restricted lol.

LD is Leader. Will there be levels of leadership? If so you could use Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta type distinction?

daredevil
Dec 20th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Ah, Leader. That makes sense. However, not everyone is going to be Military. I mean, most people in the tower will be Civilians. So having Alpha, Beta, and so on wouldn't be the most realistic. We could use different words with the same meaning... Like I said before, there will be "ranks" so to speak, Top Dog, Figureheads of an area (Water, power, so on) And then a mod in each area.

Solanine
Dec 20th, 2011, 01:56 PM
How about just sticking with forum ranks? Your rank in game would reflect rank on forum, encouraging forum goers to Minecraft and vice-versa? (Donators could choose their own prefix within reason or their proper ranking could be worked out or just a D (for donator)). I promise I wouldn't pull rank (much) :P

daredevil
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:59 PM
How about just sticking with forum ranks? Your rank in game would reflect rank on forum, encouraging forum goers to Minecraft and vice-versa? (Donators could choose their own prefix within reason or their proper ranking could be worked out or just a D (for donator)). I promise I wouldn't pull rank (much) :P
Actually, I like that. It's the simplest, however it may also be the most complicated. It would mean I would need to manually add everyone's rank into the forum because I highly doubt Kc or nik or any of the admins and what not would allow me to add a automated ranker into the server which would require access to the forum's server files. I like that idea though but with our numbers it just doesn't seem like a feasible option.

random_highjinx
Dec 21st, 2011, 06:58 AM
I think, what might be easiest then would just to abbreviate their positions?
Civillian - CI
Water - WA
Power - PO
Garden - GA
Medical - ME
Supplies - SU
Scavangers - SC
and so on.

Or you could just make it super easy on yourself and create two categories of CI civillians and OS overseers, meaning they each oversee their own specific departments.

The only problem that I can see is people getting bored of their positions. And while ranks on the forum are a good idea, it doesn't neccessarily mean that they are good players. I don't know about donators either, it doesn't make much sense to me unless you set up a paypal account for people to donate to your server.

daredevil
Dec 21st, 2011, 04:36 PM
I think I'm just going to go with the nice and simple (Tow) and (Mall) prefix. That way, if the other team catches someone they won't know if that someone is important and the people within their own...

random_highjinx
Dec 21st, 2011, 05:30 PM
Theeeere ya go. And they can't stalk either lol.

daredevil
Dec 21st, 2011, 05:54 PM
:)

random_highjinx
Dec 31st, 2011, 01:57 PM
Any news on progress Mr. Daredevil?

daredevil
Dec 31st, 2011, 06:54 PM
Yes.. The server is built and completed. There was a problem with the OS I wanted to run and the multiple hard drive thing that I can't remember the name of. DDR5 or something. So now it is only one hard drive, but the hard drive is still Huge. :) So now I just have to install stuff and write the permissions (which are almost done) then it will be up.... Also, I need to find a place to put it. IT'S FREAKING LOUD. HUGE FANS.

random_highjinx
Jan 1st, 2012, 12:48 AM
You're freakin amazing!! :D

daredevil
Jan 1st, 2012, 01:50 AM
Great News!!

We figured out a way to have the DDR5.. (Or whatever) Working! We circumvented the DDR5 (I'm just gonna call it that. I can't remember what it's called.) to install the OS and since that single hard drive runs the booting software the DDR5 Hard drives are just simple extra added in Hard Drives now :) So we have 5 Hard Drives to play around with :) Well... Technically. It's going to be my families Server, and my Siblings and I get a hard drive each pretty much and we share the C drive. However, I'm pretty much the only person that is going to be using the Server so I might "Borrow" some of their hard drive spaces... (Don't tell anyone :p) Oh, and we took out a couple fans (THE THING HAD SIX... Now it has two and two sets of spares) other than that give me a little while to add the files from my old Server and the new Tower map onto it.

My Tower map isn't the best. But it is something. I'm building a better representation of The Tower but I could use a few hands to build it.

Solanine
Jan 1st, 2012, 01:30 PM
Seems random_highjinx may be one of those fans.

Sorry couldn't hep it. There might be room on the roof or if pegs has a problem might a balcony do?

random_highjinx
Jan 1st, 2012, 01:59 PM
Seems random_highjinx may be one of those fans.

Sorry couldn't hep it. There might be room on the roof or if pegs has a problem might a balcony do?

Pardon? Not quite sure I understand...

My Tower map isn't the best. But it is something. I'm building a better representation of The Tower but I could use a few hands to build it.

I could probably help with re-building or creating a layout for you. I'm going to be flying back to Japan on the 5th and classes for me start up on the 10th. But somewhere in there I might be able to help get something set up. I need to go back over what the floor plan looks like again though. :)

mythicgr66
Jan 1st, 2012, 02:12 PM
Thing's are coming on quite a bit, today i got board and made a We're Alve style Map in Shattered Colony (is a zombie survival flash game (saw it on newgrounds ages ago)), i tried to make it an alteranative reality chose your story, this game is quite simple, i tried to make is a close as i can.

Ok you start in a police station (there was no army bases in the map editor) and what if Saul, Angel and Michael we'rent the only ones to arive at the base, you can save Pegs and Riley (they are the first survivour's you can find), this is were the game starts you chose how you want to continue, you can take the turning and try to go stright to the tower (The Giant Apartmen Building), or go forward and save Burt (Burts store is the mall next to a broken bridge) and other survivour's.

the Maller's are Zombies, you cant make enemy Humans (sucks i know). this took me around 5 hrs (1 building and 4 testing and editing the map)

this thing is something simple i will post up the code so if you do play it and dont like certin things you can change it to fit you.

You should all know this is set on the easyest setting, I have never completed it, one mistake can cause you to be over run and lose the game

<map name="We're Alive Los Angeles" difficulty="1" sizeX="90" sizeY="90" startX="29" startY="18" >
<terrain>
87657faea0501a5e4b49bbca8395c6b7.eNotlItS4kgUhrv79
C03IlcFRJOYBBRHBRmhYFDRHZXR2jjOK+yDhNmX28faP+5W0V0
f3Ydz6/9glHoX2jE/eFS3UjY8RoLFbWDnE5Ou1bLnMc7FybE1M
vaYUoxyGATRmbXy3HOVUsOtddxtMJ1OuY6mVsmZJ4WgeA5ceEo
IEX0D3npCSJFt8OsHq4SiIPoOfvKYYCyxTYe8NmxZWg+VaYVGE
KOoAz4ImdQs7QOPm4yIBXEETtrEGBteAKeNI8aUja7BX9twJ6M
FcNmWnMl4DbxrE6LTQyiN5tuGI3nd/0qjbQfVd5g1XOerrpSrP
mec/HwOXvY5cvfza/Csy0TFl+CrQwNPfj4Gj3sOIvj5EDzsC0b
Mz/vgQZfpivfBB12Nqvy8CW7CvwSH4L1DmIA9cK0nKxvPdoi41
1mR/aiT5qQ/LHfMLyNc7iW35NmESNguObk3kMqLGCIGeQjeGwD
BTXB7UHUmyPfBB/9zH9w/+o+H4OEx/+Qx+EsMpiC/BE9iHJsgv
wbfwD/TQT4HL6pzEeQr8LeY8yruHTK/P2S8quIR/P3QYxXfweY
uQqXw+Qj+I0b3ZJA/g38cOZ95voJfj/DGMkiKATnFCZpK8rkrJ
N+iSu+tKvUtI1fYjNCZSdWZiUN8f+xiW7rktZawiz+3MYzjC/J
FC5vXwtd0/8L1o+vRaDT1Yy9Tvnfmo8fRXib95nn1JEkrk7qdV
ULLDoAHefUIVsQZ6ZPDTOloaBjUn87GyOSSVFTkpIszqsRdnJM
svijtsay4Ivl+RdVxZGdaezOFNsQ1YH0mJGNpbal185vE8ARJa
61VZ+1KV2W9tVJH95KksifHa0fFa0lKRenc6HSBLsl4PNf6Yi4
F0WgyV3qygDetkxvwYg51avE2p559/akks6OHZ9fdvv+F4MjvH
qk+AllULIFwLRkVM9JWLDIKZZq1QrnK6uFwNa/vvW7+qeSgzRK
jEKy41rV7zXVzw4VuPbS5Hq250qfrBtfLW+7q1TPsNi/c0ZufL
k+KJ4TYohDGizco9OO1iqaLP4nrouDCvBdK6499PjO/9sXMqpg
UYpgGD40yoqdNzltG5aJt1OPXhlm+mMBsPlwyp7d1ZYKNFkatr
B251nhuwKZQkbYNwbVjuWuMEV46DI0ZNqvWW5GFwnhPPpTxhIk
STyEZEWNssrRLMu2TNspSOiDl0HFXOLocuaI893l5hXXj89/NQ
FQTzzn/3Qs4cwXHpxwFfDcOMMHlRY2XkxrfzWqGsV22JyXb5U1
IYHfcw0DskgH+p3YHGBS28xNMyK6VcMF2veTz9qTaa2m1t1Lcl
sNUlKcZlT8yUT7morweit3JaXWzPqXy6VSU4zNR3pzx3eEYIi2
vxrzMz2F3IcoHrBes4SVquBK7eIJI5XpC5c2Uystr+Xcz6AX/A
lWmhoA
</terrain>
</map>

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/549697 (game link)

daredevil
Jan 1st, 2012, 05:54 PM
Pardon? Not quite sure I understand...

I could probably help with re-building or creating a layout for you. I'm going to be flying back to Japan on the 5th and classes for me start up on the 10th. But somewhere in there I might be able to help get something set up. I need to go back over what the floor plan looks like again though. :)
I think I get the joke... He was talking about the fans I mentioned... and how they were loud.... so he's calling you loud... I think.

That'd be nice, all I really need is a flour plan then I can build the tower in less than an hour.

random_highjinx
Jan 1st, 2012, 05:56 PM
I think I get the joke... He was talking about the fans I mentioned... and how they were loud.... so he's calling you loud... I think.

That'd be nice, all I really need is a flour plan then I can build the tower in less than an hour.

Oh, well, I can be loud...

I'm working on one right now.

daredevil
Jan 1st, 2012, 05:57 PM
Oh, well, I can be loud...

I'm working on one right now.
Every ones LOUD!!!!!

Good :)

random_highjinx
Jan 2nd, 2012, 12:31 PM
I sent you the starter layout in a pm. The ground floor and a few upper levels with balconies.

There needs to be a basement. There are '15 floors' but no 13th, so 14 floors. 2 elevators that I didn't put in and 1 stairwell that I stuck in the middle of the building. Didn't put a parking garage in either. In hindsight, the ground floor should be a lobby with a connection to the parking garage. And the 2nd floor is where Riley's shop, the meeting room, the armory, and guard room are.

Solanine
Jan 2nd, 2012, 03:15 PM
Are bills apartment and the elevator shafts included? I'm not much of a redstone person but i'm sure a few of us could put an elevator together.

random_highjinx
Jan 2nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
No, but I could easily fit them in by moving apartment doorways? I'm not much of a redstone person either. My roomate could possibly teach me how but I won't see him for almost a week yet.

*Bill's apartments weren't added because I didn't go all the way up to the top floor. I could though. I'm just a little concerned what they'd be used for. I think one person getting a penthouse while everyone got a smaller room wouldn't quite be fair. :\ But if it's wanted I could draw up a complete version on grid paper and scan it? It'd be easier/faster than doing it on the p.o.s. structure planner.

*On second thought, I think I might just redraw the layout with more detail. My inner perfectionist is being a pain.

mageftw
Jan 2nd, 2012, 06:22 PM
i want to join plz i have no mc bans my minecraft username is :mageftw

daredevil
Jan 3rd, 2012, 04:00 AM
When the server is up there will be a quick sign up process that will White-list you Automatically.

Also, I think I have an inkling of the first few Figure Heads (Admins) They will not be posted publicly due to having multiple Factions.

random_highjinx
Jan 3rd, 2012, 07:54 AM
Hey, I think I'll have that second layout done tonight when I get home. It'll have a better more realistic layout and include the extras that I forwent.

If you need help with building, I'd be happy to help. That's my favorite part. :D

Solanine
Jan 3rd, 2012, 12:24 PM
I'm currently working on a solution using sticky pistons but it probably won't be too elegant. I will check on the internet too see what's out there. The only things i found a couple of months back were huge constructions unsuited to the tower. I don't mind helping out with the building. Contact me if you looking for someone as a mod/ leader. Don't have much technical xp but I don't mind helping out here and there.

random_highjinx
Jan 3rd, 2012, 02:57 PM
I'm currently working on a solution using sticky pistons but it probably won't be too elegant. I will check on the internet too see what's out there. The only things i found a couple of months back were huge constructions unsuited to the tower. I don't mind helping out with the building. Contact me if you looking for someone as a mod/ leader. Don't have much technical xp but I don't mind helping out here and there.

Let me know how many squares it is, and I'll try to fit it into the new design.

aweirdkindofawesome
Jan 3rd, 2012, 04:32 PM
I have no knowledge of running or creating a server but I'd love to be a part of it. My username is jlindyboy24

random_highjinx
Jan 3rd, 2012, 07:13 PM
It'd be nice if we could have an elevator like this, but it wouldn't stop at separate floors.

http://youtu.be/cqkF6Ax-Pr4

daredevil
Jan 3rd, 2012, 09:09 PM
It'd be nice if we could have an elevator like this, but it wouldn't stop at separate floors.

http://youtu.be/cqkF6Ax-Pr4
I don't think this works anymore in 1.0.0 but I'll check. I could make it stop on different floors.. but remember, No one was allowed to used the elevator for fear that the power might go out.

random_highjinx
Jan 3rd, 2012, 09:17 PM
I don't think this works anymore in 1.0.0 but I'll check. I could make it stop on different floors.. but remember, No one was allowed to used the elevator for fear that the power might go out.

Yeah, I'll just leave the elevator shafts open on this new version. :)

daredevil
Jan 3rd, 2012, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I'll just leave the elevator shafts open on this new version. :)
Sounds good.

Solanine
Jan 4th, 2012, 10:48 AM
K, I'm working with sticky pistons to do it, very complicated, will take time. Or find someone smarter. Stopping on different floors might not be an option to start with.

reaper239
Jan 4th, 2012, 12:15 PM
could you put a break at each floor and start a new elevator section? kind of like this

___________|_______________|_______________|
L.................L........................L...... .................L

the L's are switches. now just imagine it's vertical.

random_highjinx
Jan 4th, 2012, 02:17 PM
K, I'm working with sticky pistons to do it, very complicated, will take time. Or find someone smarter. Stopping on different floors might not be an option to start with.

I'm a little worried about space. :( every ele I've seen requires a ton of space.

daredevil
Jan 4th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Not necessarily.... let's just get everything else right first then we'll do elevators but remember. We probably wont be using them due to them not using them in the story.

reaper239
Jan 5th, 2012, 04:12 AM
they do use them once, just before the power went out, when they were getting the geny to the top.

daredevil
Jan 5th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Yeah, as soon as I edited that I debated about editing it again and adding "for daily usage." Because it's minecraft we might add a redstone pulse generator and some redstone to power the lights and also "Bill or whoever stole the stuff" used the elevator to hide it.

daredevil
Jan 6th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Ah hah!!!! It's ready!!!!! But..... It needs a map!!!!!!!!!!!

Solanine
Jan 8th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Hit a stumbling block yesterday, should have anticipated this earlier, sticky pistons are only sticky when power is applied or taken away. Got a fix. Won't be able to create it without a LOT of slime.

random_highjinx
Jan 8th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Oh, you've already got the tower up?

Solanine
Jan 8th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Brilliant, who do I send the username too?

daredevil
Jan 9th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Oh, you've already got the tower up?
No No, It's not up. I need to find somewhere to put it because it's SO LOUD. Also, we have relatives over so It might be a couple days....

random_highjinx
Jan 9th, 2012, 03:48 AM
oooh, ok. Yeah, I'm trying to get you the prints, but I start class tomorrow so I've been kind of busy. But hopefully soon.

daredevil
Jan 9th, 2012, 08:27 AM
oooh, ok. Yeah, I'm trying to get you the prints, but I start class tomorrow so I've been kind of busy. But hopefully soon.
No problem, take your time. Part 2 is up!!!

daredevil
Jan 12th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Hehehe, The Server's up.... :) NO ONE IS ALLOWED ON THOUGH HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That was mean. I just have to finish something Tonight, then put the Actual Server Machine somewhere because.. I've said it before and I'll say it again. IT'S SO FREAKING LOUD!!

random_highjinx
Jan 12th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Weee! I'll try to do the plans tonight, if not tomorrow. :D Weeeee! *excited*

daredevil
Jan 12th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Uhh... I hate Subs-members.php not registering people with MYSQL!!!!

random_highjinx
Jan 12th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Uhh... I hate Subs-members.php not registering people with MYSQL!!!!

ruh roh?

daredevil
Jan 12th, 2012, 03:59 AM
ruh roh?
I thought you'd say something like that.
It's not a big problem, it's just the thing that Whitelists you once you register on the website isn't working.
It'll be fixed soon.

random_highjinx
Jan 12th, 2012, 04:59 AM
lol yeah, I've never had to work with servers or anything like that so it's all foreign territory to me.

But it sounds like you've got it under control. :D

daredevil
Jan 12th, 2012, 05:31 AM
lol yeah, I've never had to work with servers or anything like that so it's all foreign territory to me.

But it sounds like you've got it under control. :D
Yep..... Let's hope so :D

I can only work on it during the day when everyone is awake, due to it being so loud.

On the other hand, I'm also working on my Zombie story. Darkness. That helps pass time.

random_highjinx
Jan 12th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Yep..... Let's hope so :D

I can only work on it during the day when everyone is awake, due to it being so loud.

On the other hand, I'm also working on my Zombie story. Darkness. That helps pass time.

OoOoOoOoh sounds interesting.

daredevil
Jan 12th, 2012, 05:38 AM
OoOoOoOoh sounds interesting.
I hope so. I'll be uploading it here once it's done.

random_highjinx
Jan 12th, 2012, 05:39 AM
I hope so. I'll be uploading it here once it's done.

Nice :D

daredevil
Jan 12th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Nice :D
I hope people think that.

Solanine
Jan 12th, 2012, 11:46 PM
When/who/what do we send our usernames too so that they can be white listed, I'm not sure how active Obama cat is on the forums anymore.

daredevil
Jan 12th, 2012, 11:58 PM
The server has an automatic whitelisting registration. Once I post the Website on here, simply register there and then log in to the Minecraft Server.

Solanine
Jan 13th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Brilliant. Elevator update, my plan has failed. Horribly. Sorry. Will look for solutions on the net.

daredevil
Jan 13th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Ok, For now the Elevator is not the highest priority. We just need a building.

random_highjinx
Jan 13th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Ok, For now the Elevator is not the highest priority. We just need a building.

Just sent you the new tower in a PM :D

daredevil
Jan 13th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Just sent you the new tower in a PM :D

Got it.