PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Skittles?

Onslaught
Feb 6th, 2011, 01:58 PM
I've been thinking this over and I've realized we don't know what happened to skittles. We don't know how he got all screwed up. It could have been trauma over the people he saw killed or he could have been like that before.

Any ideas?

SleepyGlenn
Feb 6th, 2011, 02:06 PM
That's a good point. Do we know for sure where Skittles is from? Is he from Kalani's tower?

Or is it possible he was one of the residents of the insane asylum that the tattoo'd man was transferred to?

Sir Bob Cornelius Rifo
Feb 6th, 2011, 05:35 PM
i never though that he could be from the insane asylum, i just thought that he had gone crazy from the breakout, experiencing all his friends being killed but that's an interesting possibility

nikvoodoo
Feb 6th, 2011, 07:50 PM
That's a good point. Do we know for sure where Skittles is from? Is he from Kalani's tower?

Or is it possible he was one of the residents of the insane asylum that the tattoo'd man was transferred to?

I mentioned the possibility of Skittles being a resident of the Mental Hospital in another thread (although I did it about 20 minutes after you made the observation on this thread) and I think it accounts for his somewhat odd behavior. I think if he had been mentally all there before the outbreak, and had seen all his friends die he'd be more likely to become comatose and just numbly wander into a group of zombies and die.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 7th, 2011, 06:36 AM
All sound theories. I thought he'd gone off the deep end simply from PTSD, but as you listen to them describe him.... he's way gone. Having said that, he's most assuredly stabilizing by the Kalani/Angel episode.
He's clearly smart as hell given his powers of observation and survival instincts.

SleepyGlenn
Feb 7th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I mentioned the possibility of Skittles being a resident of the Mental Hospital in another thread (although I did it about 20 minutes after you made the observation on this thread) and I think it accounts for his somewhat odd behavior.

Great minds think alike!

I think if he had been mentally all there before the outbreak, and had seen all his friends die he'd be more likely to become comatose and just numbly wander into a group of zombies and die.

You might be right! Though if he thinks he lives in a crazy messed up world to begin with, zombies invading might just be a normal occurrence to him. It would explain how he has survived so well.

nikvoodoo
Feb 7th, 2011, 12:53 PM
You might be right! Though if he thinks he lives in a crazy messed up world to begin with, zombies invading might just be a normal occurrence to him. It would explain how he has survived so well.

The strangest thing about that though: He registers fear, but it's almost not in the present tense. He is afraid to go to the Arena but he just came from that direction. He's not a fan of going to a Tower and if you want to assume he was a Tower resident already, it makes sense. But the thing is, he steps up in 18-3 and acts so rationally it makes you wonder. He's told to stay put, but instead takes the initiative to change the tire, start the truck and deliver it to Angel and Kalani. He goes out alone and potentially unarmed to fix the truck...and doesn't think twice about it. Anything he can do to help Kalani and Angel.

SleepyGlenn
Feb 7th, 2011, 02:35 PM
The strangest thing about that though: He registers fear, but it's almost not in the present tense. He is afraid to go to the Arena but he just came from that direction. He's not a fan of going to a Tower and if you want to assume he was a Tower resident already, it makes sense. But the thing is, he steps up in 18-3 and acts so rationally it makes you wonder. He's told to stay put, but instead takes the initiative to change the tire, start the truck and deliver it to Angel and Kalani. He goes out alone and potentially unarmed to fix the truck...and doesn't think twice about it. Anything he can do to help Kalani and Angel.

I should really learn to listen to the latest episode before returning to the forum! Skittles spoilers! lol :-p You raise an interesting point though and I agree. It's not like he's so out of it that he isn't afraid... but he is surprisingly brave/calm when confronted with danger.

I think that he probably went insane as a result of something that happened post-breakout, but wishful thinking makes me want him to shed some light on what went down at the mental hospital!

mascaria
Feb 7th, 2011, 03:03 PM

That's because Skittles is the best person ever in the entire world.

SleepyGlenn
Feb 7th, 2011, 03:06 PM

Skittles for President.

Onslaught
Feb 7th, 2011, 03:37 PM
In the newest episode when Kalani and Angel got in the truck Skittles seemed too confident when he refused to go to the tower. I'm starting to think that Skittles is a schizophrenic and he is highly functioning too. And I think hes not showing his real true colors yet.

nikvoodoo
Feb 7th, 2011, 08:34 PM
In the newest episode when Kalani and Angel got in the truck Skittles seemed too confident when he refused to go to the tower. I'm starting to think that Skittles is a schizophrenic and he is highly functioning too. And I think hes not showing his real true colors yet.

I may just be reading what you said incorrectly, but I think we've seen his true colors. He's the very helpful loner. I think he still has bigger and better things to contribute to the story, but not in some nefarious way.

Hollomandious
Feb 7th, 2011, 09:29 PM
You wonder if the next time they come back to the base, if more buildings won't be caved in. Maybe he gets ambitious and starts taking out the big ones.

Ra1th
Feb 8th, 2011, 12:51 AM

yeah skittles is ranked pretty high in my book. he seems like a nice guy just doing his own thing, i relistened to chapter 17-3 again, and he everything he's REALLY selfless, he gives kalani a lot of water, and feeds angel/kalani the last of his food, he's probably one of the nicest, purest characters we've met in the whole apocalypse, everyone else has this tendency to be a total bitch or a douche bag at times (i think there is a moment when every character seems like a bad guy (i think tommy might be the exception)) but not this guy. i dont think he's done anything to hurt anyone at all, what a nice guy. i hope nothing bad happens to him

SleepyGlenn
Feb 8th, 2011, 07:09 AM
everyone else has this tendency to be a total bitch or a douche bag at times (i think there is a moment when every character seems like a bad guy (i think tommy might be the exception)

Except for that one time when he

Tried to eat everyone.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 8th, 2011, 07:09 AM
What if he has multiple personalities? heheheh!

mascaria
Feb 8th, 2011, 07:38 AM
yeah skittles is ranked pretty high in my book. he seems like a nice guy just doing his own thing, i relistened to chapter 17-3 again, and he everything he's REALLY selfless, he gives kalani a lot of water, and feeds angel/kalani the last of his food, he's probably one of the nicest, purest characters we've met in the whole apocalypse, everyone else has this tendency to be a total bitch or a douche bag at times (i think there is a moment when every character seems like a bad guy (i think tommy might be the exception)) but not this guy. i dont think he's done anything to hurt anyone at all, what a nice guy. i hope nothing bad happens to him

This this a million times this.
I really hope that he manages to stay away from any survivor who would exploit how giving he is. Not that I think that he'd be necessarily helpless if that were to happen.

Craneses
Feb 8th, 2011, 09:03 AM
I can see him being captured hostage by the Mallers and the Tower has to fight for him.

Onslaught
Feb 9th, 2011, 07:20 AM
I can see him being captured hostage by the Mallers and the Tower has to fight for him.
That would be a great episode, then as a twist at the end Skittles still refuses to go with the tower and runs away.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 9th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Why would the mallers be interested in Skittles?
Skits is too skittish and too smart a survivalist to be seen by the mallers anyway. This cat has been handling things on his own for a minute now, and doing very well.

SleepyGlenn
Feb 9th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Why would the mallers be interested in Skittles?
Skits is too skittish and too smart a survivalist to be seen by the mallers anyway. This cat has been handling things on his own for a minute now, and doing very well.

Maybe they want to taste the rainbow.

Yeah I agree, Skittles doesn't seem like that valuable a commodity.

mascaria
Feb 9th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Maybe they want to taste the rainbow.

Yeah I agree, Skittles doesn't seem like that valuable a commodity.

Doesn't SEEM like one, but omg he is though.

Onslaught
Feb 9th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Doesn't SEEM like one, but omg he is though.
Yeah think about all the information Kalani and Angel got from him, don't you think the mallers would want to know what he knows? I'm not sure how they would find out about him though. And since all of the mallers were former convicts I don't think they would find him useful after they're done with him and could possibly try and kill him. If this did happen I'm sure the tower would try to help him.

Ra1th
Feb 9th, 2011, 11:40 AM
and to add to that, the mallers dont even know that skittles has any connection to the tower, so theres rly no point in taking him hostage, on top of that, if they took him prisoner, they'd have to feed him which is tough in the current time period

StepLaugh
Feb 9th, 2011, 01:40 PM
I honestly believe that skittles and "ink" have a connection. I believe they both came from the same insane asylum, and broke out at the same time, and something happened to "ink"

But that's just me.

They might have even been "friends". Who knows.

SleepyGlenn
Feb 9th, 2011, 02:03 PM
They might have even been "friends". Who knows.

Friends ... or LOVERS?!

mascaria
Feb 9th, 2011, 02:08 PM
You two are out of control!

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 10th, 2011, 07:58 AM
I still say Skittles is the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde of the podcast. The information Skittles has doesn't seem to me, to be of any real value to go through any trouble by the mallers.
Yes, he's been out there on his own for a minute and he's observed A LOT. While the Mallers have strength in numbers, weapons and will power to put all that to use.
If Skittles was seen as a major power player in some secret knowlege on how to kill the virus.. yes.
Right now he's just a nut running around under the radar.
He's been a great help to Mike and crew because they've been stumbling across stuff left and right. Samatha was suprised they were all still alive. Skittles is the cat who knows all the hide aways and No No spots.
To me, skittles character is great. a separate Skittles episode told from his POV would be sweet as hell.

nikvoodoo
Feb 10th, 2011, 11:15 AM
a separate Skittles episode told from his POV would be sweet as hell.

That episode's narration would be epic and awesome!

StepLaugh
Feb 10th, 2011, 02:51 PM
That episode's narration would be epic and awesome!

Don't forget, to have that, we'd need to have him write down what happened in a journal.

nikvoodoo
Feb 10th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Don't forget, to have that, we'd need to have him write down what happened in a journal.

Well....fine. You just go ahead and follow the rules established in the very beginning and ruin all my fun!

mascaria
Feb 10th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Well....fine. You just go ahead and follow the rules established in the very beginning and ruin all my fun!

True story: being a killjoy is what StepLaugh does.

StepLaugh
Feb 10th, 2011, 07:25 PM
I feel hated :p

Hey it's better to give up hope earlier than later?

Don't hate the messenger!

nikvoodoo
Feb 10th, 2011, 07:31 PM
I feel hated :p

Hey it's better to give up hope earlier than later?

Don't hate the messenger!

Oh...oh I am so hating on the messenger right now......so hating. :p

shananala8
Feb 11th, 2011, 01:18 AM
They dont have to write it down in real time. Just sayin...

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 11th, 2011, 05:24 AM
No journal is needed. They can do a flashback story, OR even have him tell it in real time to someone as he remembers things.

VeritableHero
Feb 11th, 2011, 06:41 AM
If Skittles was seen as a major power player in some secret knowlege on how to kill the virus.. yes.
Right now he's just a nut running around under the radar.That's what makes him such an interesting character. Running around under the radar by yourself and traveling such great distances. I'm definitely interested to hear more from / about him.

How does he survive? What else does he know? Is that tied to his not wanting to go to the tower?

lectio
Feb 12th, 2011, 10:06 PM
No journal is needed. They can do a flashback story, OR even have him tell it in real time to someone as he remembers things.

Or a little digital recorder?

ramsbilly
Apr 12th, 2011, 06:01 PM
i think that skittles IS bill roberts AKA INK! he is skitzo, nothing to say he hasnt always been that way.

Wicked Sid
Apr 12th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I'm pretty sure Skittles actually has Asperger's syndrome, a form of autism, rather than a schizophrenic disorder.

Semi-Proof:
- He lives in his 'own' world and has selective communication with others.
- He can see things in ways that others can't.
- Also, he easily changes the tire which shows that he may have an affinity/fixation for cars/vehicles.

I think that he actually has nothing to do with the mental hospital and was living on his own before the outbreak, which is why he's so comfortable and able of doing it now.

mem
Apr 13th, 2011, 06:34 AM
maybe skittles has mpd and that is why you only see him occasionally. the rest of the time he could be the character _________ *duhn duhn dunnnnnnnnn* I dont know yet.

silent E
May 10th, 2011, 10:22 PM
I think that maybe a while before the outbreak skittles might have been in the army running more covert missions. It would explain his being able to survive for so long without being caught.
To explain his condition, it is possible that he experienced some kind of traumatic event that landed him in the mental institution. Thus is how he first found out about the guy who would eventually be known as the colored one. I think that as soon as hell broke loose some survival instincts kicked in and has been evading zeds ever since.

just a side theory. what has he been doing since the outbreak began? what has he been doing outside of the two times we've met him? obviously trying to survive like everyone else. My theory is, he has some secret stashes of weapons and supplies and is preparing for guerrilla warfare style attacks on the zeds.