PDA

View Full Version : Your Games / Suggestions for We're Alive Community Playdates

ObamaCat
Apr 3rd, 2011, 05:05 PM
Attention gamer guys and gals of the We're Alive forum. We need your help!

You may or may not know about the We're Alive Community Playdates that have happened in the past couple of months. For those of you who aren't aware of them, let me give you the skinny. So far there have been two Playdates in which members of the forum and Staff members (Grayson, KC and Shane) have enjoyed good times with each other playing Halo Reach. Both events have been successful and fun, but we're looking to expand the number of gamers in the coming playdates. That's where you folks come in! We want to know which consoles and multiplayer games you guys own and plan future dates accordingly. Some suggestions tossed around so far have been Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty (Modern Warfare 1 + 2 and Black Ops) and Fifa.

So sound off below with your console of choice and your favorite games you'd like to play with us.

I'll start us off with my list.

Consoles:

Xbox 360 and PS3

Games:

Xbox:

Halo Reach
Halo 3 + Halo 3: ODST
Modern Warfare 1 + 2
Black Ops
Left 4 Dead 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Grand Theft Auto 4
Red Dead Redemption
Bioshock 2

PS3:

Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Little Big Planet

Craneses
Apr 3rd, 2011, 06:09 PM
Well a few of the games on the xbox list could also be for the ps3 list as well, like bad company 2 (im playing it 24/7 for ps3 :p), RDR, and bioshock 2.

PS3:
Uncharted 2
Crysis 2
Resistance 2
Dead Space 2
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (we could have some sort of torunament.)
Bad company 2
Killzone 2 & 3
Blacks Ops
LittleBigPlanet 2
Assassin Creed Brotherhood
Metal Gear Solid 4

ObamaCat
Apr 3rd, 2011, 06:15 PM
Well a few of the games on the xbox list could also be for the ps3 list as well, like bad company 2 (im playing it 24/7 for ps3 :p), RDR, and bioshock 2. but also to add some games to the ps3 list:

Those are actually just the games I own for each system.

Craneses
Apr 3rd, 2011, 06:16 PM
Those are actually just the games I own for each system.

Oh alright, so let me edit.

Hellbringer
Apr 3rd, 2011, 06:23 PM
I'm a Xbox guy... but here's my game list for multiplayer:

Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo Reach
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Modern Warefare 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Medal of Honor
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
FIFA 10
FIFA 11 (my avatar for the soccer games unintentionally look like I became infected and turned into a zombie... bad lighting when I took the picture)
NBA 2K11
Street Fighter IV
Uncanny X-Men: The Arcade Game
Marvel vs Capcom 3

I can add Borderlands, but that is definitely just 4 players max. But I guess that adds Rock Band 2, Lego Rock Band, and Beatles Rock Band as well.

ObamaCat
Apr 3rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
itsallgoodie suggested possibly breaking off into smaller groups and interchanging throughout the night, which could work for smaller games.

itsallgoodie
Apr 3rd, 2011, 06:25 PM
ya and it would also work for bigger groups in halo or something

I The K Train I
Apr 4th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Xbox mostly:

Fifa 11
Halo 3
Halo: ODST
Halo: Reach
L4D 1&2
SVR 2011
Gears of War 1 & 2
MW 1 & 2
Guitar Hero 3, 4 & 5.

They are the ones I mostly play online anyway.

I have a thought. As well as playdates maybe there could be tournaments or leagues that we could compete in. Like if there are a number of Fifa 11 users on the forum we could set up a league or something. Or set up a Street Fighter knock out tournament. No prizes necessary or anything. Just for fun.

It's a thought anyway.

j0be
Apr 4th, 2011, 12:31 PM
PS3 (alpha sorted,only the ones that I have in my possession at the moment, and only multiplayer):

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Bioshock 2
Borderlands
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Castle Crashers
Dead Space 2
Fat Princess
ModNation Racers
Resident Evil 5
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Meeks
Apr 4th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Anybody with PC games? Like those who play on Steam? It'd be pretty cool to setup a Steam group for We're Alive community. And if anyone has like, Left 4 Dead 1/2, Team Fortress, Counterstrike, things like that, we can make some games on occasion.

itsallgoodie
Apr 4th, 2011, 01:59 PM
the other thing you all should be posting is how often you would want to play. would you want to play once a week? twice a month? once a month? ect.

Craneses
Apr 4th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Twice a month sounds good.

ObamaCat
Apr 4th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah bi-weekly works best for me as well :)

Nazario Jose Lopez
Apr 4th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Alien Swarm On Steam?

j0be
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:03 AM
I can definitely help arrange the PS3 meetup. That is my only gaming system, however, so I wouldn't be able to port my abilities.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:18 AM
You guys are going to have to hip me to this online console gaming stuff. I just let my daughter buy a 360 and i'm kinda pissed that 4 gigs isn't nearly enough because of Microsoft's scam. I planned on supplementing the HD with an external HD, only to find out non MS crap doesn't work.
Clear this up for me as well please.. to play online, you have to pay??
Anyway, my rant is done. I'd be happy to jump in on a Left 4 dead game once I wrap my head around this stuff.
anyone have any advice on how to survive the Race Car/mall scene in L4D 2??

ObamaCat
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:37 AM
You guys are going to have to hip me to this online console gaming stuff. I just let my daughter buy a 360 and i'm kinda pissed that 4 gigs isn't nearly enough because of Microsoft's scam. I planned on supplementing the HD with an external HD, only to find out non MS crap doesn't work.
Clear this up for me as well please.. to play online, you have to pay??
Anyway, my rant is done. I'd be happy to jump in on a Left 4 dead game once I wrap my head around this stuff.
anyone have any advice on how to survive the Race Car/mall scene in L4D 2??

A gold xbox live account is 60 bucks a year. You have to have one of those to be able to play online.

cycogod
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Zombie Apocalypse (X360) - anybody play this??

j0be
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:48 AM
I planned on supplementing the HD with an external HD, only to find out non MS crap doesn't work. Clear this up for me as well please.. to play online, you have to pay??

A gold xbox live account is 60 bucks a year. You have to have one of those to be able to play online.
I enjoy that my PS3 can use any sata mini hd to upgrade the interal hd. Also, my wallet thanks the free online gaming.

StepLaugh
Apr 5th, 2011, 11:15 AM
I can definitely help arrange the PS3 meetup. That is my only gaming system, however, so I wouldn't be able to port my abilities.

I could do the same for the 360! And now we need someone for steam.

I was also wondering who has MineCraft. Cause I'd love to make the Tower in it one day!

Also games that i could play for the 360 are :

Halo 3/ Reach
MW2
GoW2/1
L4d1/ I can get 2
Dead Space 2
FEAR 2
Bioshock 2

Sorry but I refuse to get black ops haha

ObamaCat
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I could do the same for the 360! And now we need someone for steam.

I was also wondering who has MineCraft. Cause I'd love to make the Tower in it one day!

Dude if you can set up a Minecraft server I'm so down! I think that qualifies as its own thread. You wanna start one?

Arkum
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I'm up for just about anything. I mostly game on my PS3, but I hit up the 360 for special occasions

PS3
Uncharted 2
BFBC 2
KZ2 or KZ3
Homefront
Black Ops
SOCOM 4 (Coming soon)

StepLaugh
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Dude if you can set up a Minecraft server I'm so down! I think that qualifies as its own thread. You wanna start one?

Honestly Cat, There's more people in these forums who could start something up like that. I don't even have the full game yet. I've just seen people play it for about a total of 20+ hours hahaha

ObamaCat
Apr 6th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Honestly Cat, There's more people in these forums who could start something up like that. I don't even have the full game yet. I've just seen people play it for about a total of 20+ hours hahaha

In that case I think I'll start a separate Minecraft thread :)

itsallgoodie
Apr 6th, 2011, 03:57 PM
post link here.

ObamaCat
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Minecraft server thread is up.

http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1349-We-re-Alive-Minecraft-server&p=9926#post9926

Hellbringer
Apr 8th, 2011, 05:28 PM

You can find Xbox Live cards on sale like at Amazon or Gamestop for 40 to 55 sometimes. Microsoft sometimes run deals where you may pay the 60 but you'll get a game for free as well. When Live started on the original Xbox, I used to look in Target for XBOX Live cards on clearance; I don't think they understood what they were selling, but I got cards for about 30 bucks back then.

Yeah, everyone gets pissed about MS's policy about the hard drives, and again what I've done is wait for Amazon or Gamestop put a hard drive on sale, or even think about buying a used, bigger hard drive. I upgraded my wife's and my son's Xboxes that way. If you have the white Xbox 360, you should be able to find a 60 Gig hard drive pretty cheap on one of those websites. If you got the black one, I think you can only upgrade to the 250 Gig hard drive.

Luna Guardian
Apr 9th, 2011, 03:03 AM
PS3:
EndWar
Resistance: FOM
Resistance 2
Killzone 2 & 3 (although I'm having problems staying online with both of them)
Dead Space 2 (which, considering the theme of the forum, would make for an AWESOME multiplayer game)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (Best game ever, only contender being the first Metal Gear Solid)
MAG
Resident Evil 5 (although not capable of massive multiplayer)
Marvel vs. Capcom 3

For PC
Shogun 2
Company of Heroes (with add ons)
Alien Swarm
Dawn of War 1 & 2
Red Alert 2
C&C 3

Craneses
Apr 15th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Anybody with PC games? Like those who play on Steam? It'd be pretty cool to setup a Steam group for We're Alive community. And if anyone has like, Left 4 Dead 1/2, Team Fortress, Counterstrike, things like that, we can make some games on occasion.

I'm planning on buying left 4 dead 2 soon, maybe we can get something going with that.

StepLaugh
Apr 16th, 2011, 04:36 AM
I'm planning on buying left 4 dead 2 soon, maybe we can get something going with that.

I guess I should break down and buy it for the 360 as well. Everyone else seems to have it haha

Craneses
Apr 16th, 2011, 10:30 PM
I guess I should break down and buy it for the 360 as well. Everyone else seems to have it haha

Haha yeah, apparently it's a great game.

Omgg, we need a bigger ps3 community here

ObamaCat
Apr 17th, 2011, 10:01 PM

I've recently gotten into L4D2. You should get it so I have someone to play with :)

itsallgoodie
Apr 17th, 2011, 10:01 PM
i have it, lets play soon!!!

ObamaCat
Apr 18th, 2011, 11:30 AM
i have it, lets play soon!!!

You're on good sir.

mylittlepwny
Apr 23rd, 2011, 01:03 PM
Halo Reach
Mortal Kombat: the new one that just came out
Assassins Creed Brotherhood