PDA

View Full Version : How Come There's No Wikipedia Page?

Eviebae
Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:27 PM
I did a search and came up with nothing. I don't think I know enough to make one, but someone in on the history should.

HardKor
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:17 PM
I don't know about Wikipedia, but there is a TV Tropes (http://www.tvtropes.org) page that I spent some time editing today. (most of the links were out of date) Some more work on that (adding some Crowning Moment of Awesome/Funny/Heartwarming etc...) could help sell the show too.

itsallgoodie
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:29 PM
its not easy to get things like WA to have a wiki page without it seeming like free advertising. If you can make one and it doesnt get taken down then thats a great start and I would gladly help to contribute to it. Post a link in here if it all works out. :]

Kc
Apr 3rd, 2011, 06:06 PM
its not easy to get things like WA to have a wiki page without it seeming like free advertising. If you can make one and it doesnt get taken down then thats a great start and I would gladly help to contribute to it. Post a link in here if it all works out. :]

The show's creators cannot make one, but any of you could! Those are the weird ass rules of wikipedia...

itsallgoodie
Apr 3rd, 2011, 11:30 PM
The show's creators cannot make one, but any of you could! Those are the weird ass rules of wikipedia...

huh, i was informed by my teacher that even if someone else made one it could get taken down due to seeming like advertising.

j0be
Apr 4th, 2011, 07:14 AM
A lot of wikipedia standards are based on tonality. The posts must remain impartial.

MrScott101
Apr 4th, 2011, 07:21 AM
who ever sets one up link to radio drama or old time radio pages, that will help in making it impartial and reference other pages that are up.

AdrianHD
Apr 4th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Actually, I'd be more than happy to full-on contribute to that. I'll try and conjure up something and see if I can have something feasible by the end of the week so it doesn't get taken down due to it being short.

Kc
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Go for it, let me know if it sticks :)

itsallgoodie
Apr 5th, 2011, 11:04 AM
ya post a link here so we can all help contribute.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:55 PM
It'll take a bit before the initial article will be placed: if the starting article is too basic, they'll remove it.
So give Adrian some time (thanks for dedicating time to this, Adrian) and wait for the article to appear. Then, when the foundation is there, others can contribute.

Regarding contributions: keep in mind to note sources, because otherwise the changes are likely to be undone;
Keep the article high quality, and it's much more likely to stay.