PDA

View Full Version : Theories about Raydon Labs

The Chosen One
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:44 PM
Hey guys! First post here, but something I just remembered... Do you remember back when Saul and Angel rescued Burt, and they ran into the "smart one". Didn't Burt mention he had a level 3 badge for Radon Labs. It seems pretty suspicious that a scientist becomes a "smart one".

Thoughts?

yarri
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:08 PM
Smarter you are in life smarter you are in death.

itsallgoodie
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:19 PM
yes yarri, but i think the point is also that the virus or contamination could have been in part or full due to radon labs yes?

yarri
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=itsallgoodie;8920]yes yarri, but i think the point is also that the virus or contamination could have been in part or full due to radon labs yes?[/QUOTe

Yep.. sorry

Eviebae
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:07 PM
Hey guys! First post here, but something I just remembered... Do you remember back when Saul and Angel rescued Burt, and they ran into the "smart one". Didn't Burt mention he had a level 3 badge for Radon Labs. It seems pretty suspicious that a scientist becomes a "smart one".

Thoughts?

Suspicious? As in, they plotted it? If I had any, ANY control over the process at all; I'm pretty sure I wouldn't become a zomboid at all.

As to whether or not it's their fault, yeah, that could have happened. KC is pretty original in his thinking so I'm beginning to doubt that they simply created it.

wooly
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:38 PM
If Radon labs were the focal point, does the timeline fit? Weren't the outbreaks in LA and Hawaii simultaneous? Or am I mis-remembering the event sequence?

If they were simultaneous then the lab probably couldn't have been ground zero (for the world) due to the distances involved.

Unless Radon Labs = Umbrella Corp :)

timberwoof
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:47 PM
Well, one of my questions is, with all the driving around the guys have done to scavenge, how come they haven't mentioned anything about rummaging around the possible ground zero. To me it sounds like there are more important things to deal with, and the search for a possible end to the infection has been put off. I have a feeling something will happen and this will be brought up again.

LoadingGodmode
Apr 3rd, 2011, 07:16 AM
I think that there was only one place the virus originated. I'm not sure if it was Radon Labs or not but that seems to make the most sense at this point.

Grognaurd
May 13th, 2011, 11:50 AM
I think the most important aspect is that Burt casually knows what a level three badge from Radon Labs would look like and suspects it before rolling the corpse over. Burt is an ex-marine, later he became the Manager or Franchise owner of Lock and Loaded. But, somewhere he got caught up in some really illegal stuff. Claymore Mines, Silencer, .50cal. etc.

Makson
May 13th, 2011, 05:35 PM
I would like to say Raydon labs is connected with the outbreak. Reason for this is because in chapter 2. "Burt points out a badge on the one he killed, revealing it to be a Level 3 member of Raydon Labs" This gives a slight hint that they could be connected with the outbreak.

My theorie would be Raydon labs experimented on animals for medical/warfare/research/ other but they were immune/no use so they resorted to test on humans instead. Which brings Bill Roberts aka Ink in the picture.

("The TIVO reveals information of a plea of insanity in a murder case against a man named Bill Roberts aka Ink." found in chapter 2)

Raydon labs would test their experiments on deathrows (Easier to not be noticed by society since they are deadmen walking. Maybe they bribed the prison guards to get them) which leads to Bill Roberts aka Ink (maybe he was put on deathrow) being selected for the tests. He could of been strapped down on the experiment table but after the experiments he started to show symptoms leading him to break loose and attacl everyone and anyone in LA causing the outbreak to spread.

This could connect to chapter 1 when Michael says "The group of them moved past my car to the man honking behind me. their bodies were littered with scars and bruises and their eyes were glazed over. "

Problem with my theorie would be:

It happening all across the country. ("The reporter talks about riots all across the country before it cuts off with nothing else broadcasted after the report." found in In chapter 2)

In chapter 2 when burt points out the lvl3 raydon badge was just to point out "Smarter you are in life smarter you are in death" the clever ones and raydon doesnt have anything to do with the outbreak.

But still I would like them to have somekind of connection to all of this.

rottenash
May 14th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Maybe the tests on convicts/deathrow were being done in many prisons. Only thing that doesn't really make sense is the fact that everything seemed to have happened all at once..everywhere. Theres no way a bunch of prisons around the country would breakout, theres way more to this. I still think scienists would be involved, but thers a larger picture that still hasn't enfolded yet. Hurry up next chapter.. hurry up

Banvillin
Jul 4th, 2011, 08:27 AM
I agree with the popular opinion that Raydon Labs is connected in some way to the outbreak but we know so little about both Raydon and the nature of the zombies that all our theories are based on nothing but assumptions. There is no evidence that Raydon conducted experiments, research or is even a medical/biological lab.
I bring this to the forum so that the discuss is broadened to allow for other possibilities.

What if Raydon Labs were good guys, acting to contain and/or cure the first generation zombies? That seems like a twist worthy of Kc.

One possible cause of the nation-wide outbreak is that the "virus" was weaponized, spreading from a missile or crop duster rather than needle and gurney. Consider if Raydon Labs is an agricultural agency, making GMO's that reanimate dead crops.

I reiterate that these are only possible explanations behind the role Raydon Labs will have played in the origin of the zombies but they have as much evidence as the medical experiments/mental patient theories. If 23-3 reveals anything, even the presence of Raydon at the hospital, we will be able to narrow down the theories but right now I wouldn't discount any wild ideas about the type of science Raydon Labs conducted.

cameron1223
Jul 9th, 2011, 05:31 AM
I actually touched on this subject in another theory section. Regarding Radon labs that very well could be where it all started and I have this theory that Skittles knows a whole lot more about the zombie out break then he is letting everyone know. We don't know much about him and he is studying the zombies. Perhaps Skittles worked at Radon as a leading scientist. Could the out break just be a bunch of test subjects that escaped? or worse were released onto the world?
I'm wondering if Kc will do anything with Radon labs and i don't think he will, I think he will stick with more originality after all Radon labs could be pretty much the same as the umbrella corporation from Resident Evil.
Just a thought....

diosa
Jul 9th, 2011, 05:36 AM
I like the Skittles theory. I just get the feeling that he's too innocent to have had a hand in the whole apocolypse thing. I do think that Radon labs is just a random thing thrown in the story to show how smart that particular zombie was. Skittles did mention to stay away from book stores and libraries. Because that is where you can find smart zombies. I find that part hard to digest...

cameron1223
Jul 9th, 2011, 05:40 AM
I'm with you on that last point!

Kc
Oct 21st, 2013, 04:34 PM
Bump?

Duffusmonkey
Oct 21st, 2013, 05:23 PM
Yep Radon Labs is a dead end, No Trioxin 245 anywhere

wh33t
Oct 21st, 2013, 07:08 PM
Yep Radon Labs is a dead end, No Trioxin 245 anywhere

What do you mean? What is trioxin?

39-1 has brought Raydon labs to the forefront of the story. Is this thread seriously all we know? Kc has done a good job building for the last season!

HardKor
Oct 21st, 2013, 09:51 PM
What do you mean? What is trioxin?

39-1 has brought Raydon labs to the forefront of the story. Is this thread seriously all we know? Kc has done a good job building for the last season!

2-4-5 Trioxin is the chemical that makes zombies from the Return of the Living Dead movies. And honestly, I'm starting to think that reference might be pretty close to the truth here. The biggest problem with trying to pinpoint the origins of the outbreak in We're Alive is that sometimes it seems to stem from a natural source and others it seems to be man made.
The fact that the outbreak had multiple origin points around the world, most of which came from the "ring of fire" surrounding the Pacific, points to some sort a natural disaster sparked by geological activity. And the presence of the cracks near ground zero, as well as the presence of the haze there adds even more evidence to this. But, at the same time, the chamber of horrors in the hospital and the involvement of Raydon Labs in the story makes it seem like there might be a man made source, especially where the Little Ones are concerned.
So here's the idea I've been mulling over in my head (not sure if I posted this anywhere else too): Some sort of toxic gas was trapped underground, for how long is anyone's guess, and was discovered some time before the outbreak. People, being the curious sort that we are, tried to collect this haze stuff and study it. And it was Raydon Labs that was leading the testing. When the outbreak happened, basically something burst and released the haze toxin, causing the initial infection, and every type of zombie we've seen before the Little Ones was the result of a sudden overdose of haze toxin combined with the usually bite based spread. So what we see with the regular zombies as well as most of the "special ones" (behemoths, jumpers, runners, smart ones, etc.) are the results of raw exposure. The Little Ones, however have shown many signs of having been created: They started out small and then "grew up," they've been "tagged" with tattoos (at least the first batch was) and they were likely subjugated to whatever other horrors occurred in that basement room in the hospital. So I think they are the "refined" zombies. Whatever Raydon was experimenting with led to a new variety of the haze toxin that combined the best attributes of the other types of zombies (tough like a behemoth, but agile like a jumper plus smarter than your average zombie) If the project was in the initial phases when the outbreak occurred, then Ink could have simply piggy backed on Raydon's research to finish the work on the Little Ones. Especially if Ink was a test subject himself, which I think he was.

So yeah there's my theory, not sure if it warrants a tin-foil hat or not, you be the judge. :tinfoil:

7oddisdead
Oct 21st, 2013, 10:19 PM
Wrong thread^

crackpot thread.

kidding man, sounds as solid as anyone else 's! :)

LiamKerrington
Oct 22nd, 2013, 07:53 AM
Mh. Raydon Labs - are they involved in fracking? Like: do they provide the chemical coktail fracking corporations use to dig into the earth and especially to excavate the natural gases far down in the earth?
Now, what if the chemical substances provided by Raydon Labs interacted with natural gases or reactivated some substances from the dinosaur-times, and the shit came back to the surface and started to turn people around? We should not forget: It all started with an explosion of sorts, which caught Michael's attention in #1-1, So, what if a fracking station in/ at Ground Zero has just gone "booooooooom"? But I think, not even in the USA fracking would be possible right in the middle of a town, or is it???

Just thoughts. Fracking as a source or a component in the source of the zombocalypse came to my mind yesterday; and Raydon Labs sound like a company doing shit with chemical stuff - and sometimes you need this shit for fracking ...

Ah, just wild thoughts ...

Grognaurd
Oct 22nd, 2013, 08:18 AM
This is America. GREED is everything here. They are Fracking in Ingelwood

On January 10, 2006, fracking at the Inglewood Oil Field released a cloud of fumes so toxic that residents of Baldwin Hills and Culver City were forced to evacuate their homes. That incident prompted a lawsuit...

LiamKerrington
Oct 22nd, 2013, 08:23 AM
This is America GREED is everything here. They are Fracking in Ingelwood

Seriously? For fact? I mean: REALLY????

Grognaurd
Oct 22nd, 2013, 08:25 AM
Seriously? For fact? I mean: REALLY????

Hit refresh. I had to edit my post...

LiamKerrington
Oct 22nd, 2013, 08:56 AM
Hit refresh. I had to edit my post...

Oh my ... Well, actually ... Shit like this fuels my theory ... Blind hen found a corn?

Grognaurd
Oct 22nd, 2013, 10:48 AM
Yup, very nice!

Lovaan1243
Nov 5th, 2013, 01:37 PM
My theory is that The One With The Markings was Bill Roberts/Ink. He was convicted of murder (seen at the end of chapter 2 part 3). he experimented on people, trying to create a zombie. in chapter 39 part 3, they find evidence that Ink was looking for a chemical called follistatin. A quick trip to Wikipedia shows that follistatin causes excessive muscle growth in animals AND HUMANS. I believe that Ink used follistatin to upgrade his zombies into behemoths and ultimately the numbered ones (we all know that the numbered ones was Inks successful experiment). My theory is that Bill Roberts has been trying to create the perfect zombie!

Two holes:
1. How did he become a zombie himself?
2. How did the outbreak occur across the globe simultaneously?

JamiCole20192019
May 23rd, 2019, 12:25 AM

Thoughts?

Meeting with clever people is useful even for smarter people because every not completely stupid person brings something useful to our lives. Of course, professional writers who work for such services as the best sociology essay writing service https://proessaywritings.com/sociology-essay.html (it is the essay writing service that has rewards as "The best sociology essay writing service" and as "The best sociology paper writing company") bring maximum benefit from communicating with them because they are smart and can teach many things in the field of writing papers.

renuraj
May 31st, 2019, 11:50 PM
Really nice post, your explanation way is too good and I got more info from your post. Kindly update more details about this topic...
Excel Training in Chennai (https://www.fita.in/advanced-excel-training-in-chennai/)

renuraj
Jun 28th, 2019, 04:59 AM
I like your post and very helpful for me. Please updating here and Do well...
JMeter Training in Chennai (https://www.fita.in/jmeter-training-in-chennai/) | Job Openings in Chennai (https://www.fita.in/job-openings-in-chennai/)