PDA

View Full Version : An Amazing Comic Series

j0be
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Since this really doesn't fit under any of the "Everything Else" categories, it's going root.
I can't believe I didn't say anything about this sooner, but if you want an amazing graphic novel series, check out Locke & Key. It's only released in physical medium, so go buy it. You might find it online through less scrupulous means if you're curious.

Quick description:
"Locke & Key" begins with a tragedy when family patriarch Rendell Locke is murdered. His widow, Nina, moves her three children: 6-year-old Bode and teenagers Kinsey and Ty to the Locke family mansion in Massachusetts, home to the kids' uncle. Once there, evil continues to haunt the family from across the miles and in their midst. The kids discover supernatural keys that unlock doors in Key House. The first key opens a door, and when Bode walks through it, he turns into a ghost.

The story continues with many different keys, and their struggle with a supernatural evil.

Yoyo
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I remember reading the first 2 issues of Lock and Key within the Trade paperback. Ibh, I wasn't too impressed and it was to me more violent than interesting. I probably need to give it a second go through before I make it my concrete opinion.

fairyfartz
Apr 21st, 2011, 08:26 AM
Check out No Gods by Dustin Carson. Also, look up chadstrohl.com .

Pteranodon
Apr 22nd, 2011, 01:29 PM
Gonna look that up....Haven't been excited about many comics in recent years, until the other day; just got my first NEW issues of "Creepy" magazine (from Dark Horse) and they're really good, almost as good as the Creepys of old!!! And that's saying a lot; I have a HUGE collection of vintage "Creepy" and "Eerie" from the 70s/80s (and even late 60s) so I consider myself quite the blowhard....errm, I mean 'expert' on the subject ....

Pteranodon
Apr 22nd, 2011, 11:48 PM
Tell me, is it worthy of dropping Lovecraft's name? Just watche the "Locke and Key" youtube 'trailer'- looks really good...

"Arkham Woods" was a really good Lovecraftian graphic novel....