PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 20 Part 2 Discussion

nikvoodoo
Mar 27th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Post your thoughts, feelings and theories for Chapter 20 Part 2 here. Enjoy!!

Walrusgus
Mar 28th, 2011, 12:39 AM
I can't wait!

VeritableHero
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:25 AM
OH GRAVY! I knew it was his mom. Called it (along with 50 others)! It will be nice to have some additional banter as she asserts her motherly influence.

Thank you, KC. My heart is happy. Very happy indeed. :D

Plus, some infected can take a long time to turn. Nice (but scary) revelation. We even got confirmation that the Colony tried some tests on an infected.

Carl R-tistik Springer
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:15 AM
i had a feeling it was Sauls mum but a Vet lol that was a total surprise only if she was there with whiskers in the beginning lol. but honestly i want more action with the mallers so yay go and get lizzy

Rock Daddy
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I wonder who the test subject was who was slowly turning? I feel there's a clue in there...

Carl R-tistik Springer
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:22 AM
hmm maybe the coloured one

VeritableHero
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Also, it looks like Kalani's pilot skill might come into play, although the problem of where to land would be a big one. Two scouting parties would be needed; one to the airport to make sure a usable plane is available, one to the area of the fort to look for a landing zone.

Rock Daddy
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:27 AM
hmm maybe the coloured one

Now that would be interesting! - If the colored one is special because of the antibiotics experiment and he escaped. I was thinking more like it was Sean after his attack. hmmm

Carl R-tistik Springer
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:28 AM
yh saying that when i listened to WND podcast and Greg Miller recited a line about a character saying that the cars where baking in the heat or something and was likely no to work, wouldn't that happen with a plane as well

timberwoof
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:07 AM
That would be an interesting little twist to how the "colored on" came about. The antibiotics could have protected a good portion of the brain from being overrun completely by the virus and given it the smarts.

HardKor
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I was thinking more like it was Sean after his attack. hmmm

Sean was killed the same day Michael, Pegs and Kelly arrived in the Colony. So I doubt all that was happening at the same time they were there.

Meeks
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Wow, crazy to see Saul's mom in the picture now. And the second I heard him finding out about Lizzie, I knew shit was about to hit the fan. I can't wait to see where it goes after this. Damn I hate waiting on stuff like this!

Cutting-T
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:46 AM
The coloured one has been around since chapter 6, about a week into the we're alive story. Also Tanya said they killed the subject. And Antibiotics do not affect any virus, so if it is actually a virus then antibiotics wouuldn't have done anything.

I think we're gearing up for the season finale.

riskbreaker23
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:51 AM
So nice to have Saul and Saul's mom together. I really like her character so far. She's a spitfire, you can definitely see how her and Saul are related lol.
Next part is going to be VERY interesting. I can't wait! Are seasons going to be 12 chapters long?

I'm glad to see Saul better. I just hope this next plot line doesn't make him worse, because that could very well be the end of his life. But then again, I'm very interested to know what this "list" is that the two mallers had. Do they have some sort of relationship with the colony? For one thing, we never knew what the mallers true intentions were. Durai could have been sincere about his offer for an alliance and could have extended such an offer to the colony (if mallers went that far south). Plus the colony probably realizes an alliance with the mallers (whether they know they are criminals are not) is in their favor since the colony would have the man power and resources to take the mallers down if they tried anything.

But I want to know what Scratch's next move is. Are we going to see more conflicts with the mallers, or will scratch have a change of heart given the gesture made by pegs/angel? Could we see this as a beginning to an alliance between the tower and the mallers? Or is Saul going to literally destroy the place to get Lizzy back. This story gets more interesting every week.

nikvoodoo
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Great episode... I adore being correct! I'm glad that the heart felt reunion between Tanya and Saul quickly degenerated into belittling and snark...It gave a nice depth to their relationship.

Anybody else think that Romeo chasing after his Juliet is going to end up going badly for one or both of them?

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Well that episode had a calm atmosphere to it; there was a lot less yelling than what I'd become accustomed to. lol
I was totally wrong in assuming that Tanya was not Saul's mother, but I'm glad I was wrong. I also didn't think Saul would learn what happened to Lizzy so soon after recieving treatment. I like that we were filled in on what the Tower had been working on while the story followed Michael, Peggs, and Kelly. Rather than sitting on thier butts I like that they revisited Burts safe and obtained some clean drinking water.

There's not much I can do not but sit around worrying about Lizzy.

nikvoodoo
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I also didn't think Saul would learn what happened to Lizzy so soon after recieving treatment.

The Grammar Hammer says "I before E except after C!" ;) shovel:) Just jokin' around with ya :)

One thing you'd think would have been learned by people in the military: Loose Lips Sink Ships. It's almost remarkable how prevalent the loose tongues are by the military personnel in We're Alive. I understand that it propels the story forward, but good golly Miss Molly! If it weren't for Burt's reaction I'd almost think he did it on purpose to get caught so he could go out looking for Lizzy again.

yarri
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I knew Saul would go ballistic over Lizzie.. That's my boy. (it was good to hear him again..I missed him) I am hoping someone knocks him down and lets the vanco work.. He is moving on adrenaline nothing more then that.

Kc.. yet again I have a happy heart.. Thanks!!!!!

Great episode... I adore being correct! I'm glad that the heart felt reunion between Tanya and Saul quickly degenerated into belittling and snark...It gave a nice depth to their relationship.

Anybody else think that Romeo chasing after his Juliet is going to end up going badly for one or both of them?

I am hoping Scratch isn't hurting her Scratch is just that bat shit crazy and knife happy to hurt Lizzie.

Charlie
Mar 28th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Well that episode had a calm atmosphere to it; there was a lot less yelling than what I'd become accustomed to. lol.

Maybe too calm. ;) I wanted Michael to go after Lizzy instead of taking time to talk about long term plans. I know he’s being a good leader, but after his reaction in the previous episode I thought he’d act more quickly. But Saul ramped things back up. Yay Saul!

Charlie
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:04 PM
So nice to have Saul and Saul's mom together. [...] But I want to know what Scratch's next move is. Are we going to see more conflicts with the mallers, or will scratch have a change of heart given the gesture made by pegs/angel? Could we see this as a beginning to an alliance between the tower and the mallers? Or is Saul going to literally destroy the place to get Lizzy back. This story gets more interesting every week.

I’m also happy to have Saul back in action again! What about the dropped hint about Saul “stealing things” and whatever he did that his Mom didn’t approve of? Will Saul have connections with one of the mallers? Things are going to get interesting.

yarri
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I’m also happy to have Saul back in action again! What about the dropped hint about Saul “stealing things” and whatever he did that his Mom didn’t approve of? Will Saul have connections with one of the mallers? Things are going to get interesting.

In the chapter titled Lady and the Tink Saul confessed to Lizzie and Burt about his record.. Saul's only connection to the Mallers so far is to wanting to shoot Scratch .

Pikepaw
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I wonder who the test subject was who was slowly turning? I feel there's a clue in there...

Maybe, just maybe it was James, who came with Hope and Sean to the colony. Hope said, "James got hurt died of some infection" A zombie infection maybe?
If it is anybody we know, it would be James, or it is just some random guy. It definitely isn't the one with the markings, he's been around too long and he is still alive while the slow turner was killed.

I've listened to this episode four times today, I love it. When Tanya first says, "Hello Saul" it just seemed so motherly and when Saul was asking if he was still in a fever, I was sure. Saul is on a rampage, I like how they show how close these romantic relationships are getting. Michael putting shovel to face for Pegs and Saul dragging out his sick body fully of tubes to find Lizzy.

I agree with Angel though when he mentioned he was enjoying the Tanya/Saul interaction. I was too. I get the feeling Angel used to watch shows like Jersey Shore.

MrScott101
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I'm glad that Saul and his mom reunited, I especially liked how determined he is to go out looking for lizzy and a bit surprised he's fine with Burt going with him to help.

Pen
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:55 PM
It was so great to hear Saul's voice again! And his mother being a vet was priceless. Sounds like Kalani's flying skills are going to come in to play. That episode went by so fast, I'm dying to find out what's going on with Lizzy.

Kc
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I get the feeling Angel used to watch shows like Jersey Shore.

There's an old quote in an episode about Angel where Michael says, "You used to watch a lot of Trash Tv, didn't you" and he goes "Why do you ask?"

So you nailed that one on the head :)

timberwoof
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:54 PM
There's an old quote in an episode about Angel where Michael says, "You used to watch a lot of Trash Tv, didn't you" and he goes "Why do you ask?"

So you nailed that one on the head :)

lol So true.

Hollomandious
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Now that would be interesting! - If the colored one is special because of the antibiotics experiment and he escaped. I was thinking more like it was Sean after his attack. hmmm

I doubt it. Ink was rollin' that area way before the Colony would have been at any kinda of working capacity to try out experiments of that magnitude. It wasn't that far from day 1 that they found Burt, and it wasn't long after that they went on their journey for the tanker, where we first met Ink when he was monitoring the ambush site post the ambush. And IMO i think Ink was also way too far north to probably care about them. He had all the psychopathic zombie fun to be had w/ the strongholds in his own neighborhood.

Th3_T3ch
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Am I the only one that wants to hear Tanya's story? I mean Saul said she was in Anaheim, The Colony was in Santa Ana. I want to know how she managed to get from Anaheim to Santa Ana without seeing the Tower.

ObamaCat
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I felt like everything that happened this episode was somewhat predictable (Tanya being Saul's mom, Saul going after Lizzy, planning to leave the tower). And I also felt like this was a bumper episode, setting up everything for the next one. Awesome episode nonetheless though, I was missin' Saul!

Ra1th
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Am I the only one that wants to hear Tanya's story? I mean Saul said she was in Anaheim, The Colony was in Santa Ana. I want to know how she managed to get from Anaheim to Santa Ana without seeing the Tower.

Ur mistaken Anaheim is 10 minutes from Santa ana. Trust me I live in orange county. LA is about 2 hours away from Anaheim.

nikvoodoo
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:53 PM
I appear to be the one of the few who thinks this is one of the worst ideas ever: Letting Saul go anywhere right now. I'm really starting to buy into my theory that Saul and Lizzy=Romeo and Juliet. The depth and...well quite frankly insanity of their passion for each other is going to get one or the other killed before too long.

timberwoof
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:00 PM
It sounds like at the end there they were telling Saul to stay there and Burt would go out looking.

nikvoodoo
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:09 PM
It sounds like at the end there they were telling Saul to stay there and Burt would go out looking.

Michael tells Saul to go after Angel objects to Burt enabling Saul's reaction.

MICHAEL: Alright. Go. Go! There's already a group out there. Just check in with them and see where else to go.
BURT: Come on. We're burning daylight. Just know she could be anywhere by now.

ObamaCat
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:47 PM
I appear to be the one of the few who thinks this is one of the worst ideas ever: Letting Saul go anywhere right now. I'm really starting to buy into my theory that Saul and Lizzy=Romeo and Juliet. The depth and...well quite frankly insanity of their passion for each other is going to get one or the other killed before too long.

God I hope not. <3 Saul

mascaria
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:51 PM

I agree with you 100% on this one.

Zombiehead
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Great minds think alike.

Ra1th
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:46 AM

I hope they don't ignore the fact that Saul has been bed ridden for like a month now. And wasnt he shot in the shoulder? What did that just magically go away? Its gotta take more than a month to recover fully from something like that. Seriously most of his muscle has Prly degenerated by now. He's been feverish and barely eating, it's a miracle he's even up and walking. I'm wondering why Michael hasn't knocked him out and tied him to a pole or something. Right now Saul is a danger to himself and a liability to all those around him. And what the he'll is he thinking? Here are already search teams out an about, what is he gonna do that they can't do. I'm with u man this shit won't end well.

nikvoodoo
Mar 29th, 2011, 01:06 AM
I hope they don't ignore the fact that Saul has been bed ridden for like a month now. And wasnt he shot in the shoulder? What did that just magically go away? Its gotta take more than a month to recover fully from something like that. Seriously most of his muscle has Prly degenerated by now. He's been feverish and barely eating, it's a miracle he's even up and walking. I'm wondering why Michael hasn't knocked him out and tied him to a pole or something. Right now Saul is a danger to himself and a liability to all those around him. And what the he'll is he thinking? Here are already search teams out an about, what is he gonna do that they can't do. I'm with u man this shit won't end well.

I remotely buy that he's up and moving off adrenaline alone. But those highs don't last long (unless you're in the movie Crank) and eventually his body is going to catch up to him. I'm actually really disappointed in Michael at the moment. I know that convincing Saul not to go anywhere is impossible at the moment, but I mean come on....really?

Props to Angel for being the only reasonable person in that room. The best leadership he's shown in the series bar none. And he still allowed himself to get trampled on even though he was right. So I'm pissed off at irrational Saul, disappointed at Michael's bad decision, and irritated beyond belief at Angel's lack of a pair. Stupid military characters. You all get a fail in my book this chapter part!

shovel:)

yarri
Mar 29th, 2011, 03:20 AM
I remotely buy that he's up and moving off adrenaline alone. But those highs don't last long (unless you're in the movie Crank) and eventually his body is going to catch up to him. I'm actually really disappointed in Michael at the moment. I know that convincing Saul not to go anywhere is impossible at the moment, but I mean come on....really?

Props to Angel for being the only reasonable person in that room. The best leadership he's shown in the series bar none. And he still allowed himself to get trampled on even though he was right. So I'm pissed off at irrational Saul, disappointed at Michael's bad decision, and irritated beyond belief at Angel's lack of a pair. Stupid military characters. You all get a fail in my book this chapter part!

shovel:)

Don't be pissed at Saul. Folks that are that sick are impulsive, confused and unreasonably afraid. You can't argue with them. You can't reorient them. The best you can do is go along with it and then divert it.. or when its REALLY bad REALLY unsafe "offer" a chemical attitude correction in the form of IV or IM Ativan or Haldol
(the causes of these sorts of behaviors are multiple ranging from drug interaction or I would say at this time the prolonged high fever has worn his body down and apparently his brain. In an earlier post I had stated that the only thing keeping him going so long with an infection that they couldn't cure was fact he is young,strong, and healthy)
People deal with illness, pain and infection different no two alike. for example: I've taken care of elders when I say elders I mean 80 years plus who have ended up in restraints because they were so sick and trying to pull out their lines (IV lines Picc lines Inner juglar lines, Foley catheters) beating the hell out of the nurses. I ended up losing a tooth to a 86 year old grandmother of 5. I have had multiple younger patients be the same way.

Michael is smart enough and has enough similar experience (not as much as Saul's) with combat medicine to not argue with Saul but to let his body drop him. It won't take long and I suspect by Monday's installment Saul won't make it past the door. If his stubborn ass does.. I see a chemical attitude correction coming in the way of his mother.

ps.. sleep ROCKS!

clem131
Mar 29th, 2011, 04:42 AM

Yeah, at that point in the episode I was like "Oh, come on..."
It's not like Michael had to take a quick decision either in the heat of a battle or in the rush of escaping from the colony: they are safely sitting in the security room discussing long term plans. Seems a bit too much to me.

fraggot
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:32 AM
To me this episode just fell flat, no offense to Kc or anything but not much really happened in it. Yes we found out that it was Sauls mom but meh. It just seemed to jump from Lizzy being captured from the previous episode to this small tidbit of info about Sauls mom in the next episode.

It really reminded me of the Nicki and Paolo episode of LOST if anyone knows what that means

mem
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Also, it looks like Kalani's pilot skill might come into play, although the problem of where to land would be a big one. Two scouting parties would be needed; one to the airport to make sure a usable plane is available, one to the area of the fort to look for a landing zone.

i give a nod to WND for their discussion on kalani and what would keep him around longer. i can't remember who mentioned it but the flying thing was definatlely what was proposed to keep the nails out of his charachter's coffin.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Wooo! Big ups to the folks who figured out that Tonya was Saul's mom and that he got a lot of his training from her! Loved the Vet angle! That made me chuckle.
I KNEW Saul's butt was fly off the handle and be on the streets before he could draw a breath.

"I'm not asking you, i'm telling you!"
Sorry Ra1th, but your boy got punked! ROFL!

Our boy Burt is dealing with a serious sense of guilt. Great epi. It fleshed out a lot of theories and comments on other threads.
Water problem solved for the moment AND they went back to Burt's shop. No separate episodes, just a neat one liner and BAM! KC's brain is saved from coming up with a separate story.

I think Ft. Irwin is a bit far to travel. Edwards AFB is closer and just as secluded, but hey! KC is Army and I'm AF so we're biased. LOL!
I wonder how Vic and Kelly are getting along?

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:41 AM
The Grammar Hammer says "I before E except after C!" ;) shovel:) Just jokin' around with ya :)

One thing you'd think would have been learned by people in the military: Loose Lips Sink Ships. It's almost remarkable how prevalent the loose tongues are by the military personnel in We're Alive. I understand that it propels the story forward, but good golly Miss Molly! If it weren't for Burt's reaction I'd almost think he did it on purpose to get caught so he could go out looking for Lizzy again.

Nik,
I've been saying the sort of the same thing, but about their noise and light discipline! It SUCKS! But as you say, the story has to move forward. They could as least raid a Radio Shack and grab some whisper mics though.

Ryzilient
Mar 29th, 2011, 07:48 AM
I have to say, I laughed and smiled when it was revealed that Tanya was really Saul's mother. In a way, it was a touching moment, but also light-hearted in the banter between the two characters. I definitely hope we see more of that relationship very soon.

Despite that, it's likely that the humour in this episode is merely a calm before the storm. We've already seen that Saul is furious over Lizzie leaving, and he's still ill despite the fact that he is incredibly stubborn. The proverbial crap could easily hit the fan in next week's episode, I just have that sort of feeling.

Kc
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:17 AM
To me this episode just fell flat, no offense to Kc or anything but not much really happened in it. Yes we found out that it was Sauls mom but meh. It just seemed to jump from Lizzy being captured from the previous episode to this small tidbit of info about Sauls mom in the next episode.

It really reminded me of the Nicki and Paolo episode of LOST if anyone knows what that means
It's cool. I take no offense. There's pieces to the puzzle that aren't as interesting as the others, but without them would make an incomplete picture. Nicki and Paolo? I wouldn't go that far ;)

Ra1th
Mar 29th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Nik, Crowbar

har har har, no one cares about Angel's output because he doesnt have couldnt grow a pair,

what are u guys really surprised? I thought we'd established this allready Angel 101, he isnt confident. That isnt about to change for no reason at all. Angel isnt just gonna grow a pair out of thin air. I'm under the impression there will be a decisive moment in the series where everything will go to hell because they followed someone else's lead instead of Angel's more rational one, and people die because of it, or serious consequences occur anyway. anyway rant over, point being angel's not gonna grow a pair till shit hits the fan and he realizes he could have prevented it by stepping up.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 29th, 2011, 11:16 AM
heheha and hhahahaha followed by BWAHHA AHAH!
Angel is a follower. Thats plain and simple. His inputs are in coordination with other people. That cat hasn't once said "I think you should do this or that?" He hasn't had an "I told you so" moment like Burt. I'm not putting your boy down, it's just his roll is clear now.
He hasn't been idle, but he most def didn't do any deep inquiring about Lizzy. He should have been the one who thought about reading the log and journal to find out what went down. He should have had Steven's ass hemmed up in a corner pissing his pants. Wait, maybe I am beating up on him after all.. My bad!

All in all, he's a solid character and very well written. I will say this, at least he doesn't hide behind his inadequacies.

Ra1th
Mar 29th, 2011, 11:35 AM
heheha and hhahahaha followed by BWAHHA AHAH!
Angel is a follower. Thats plain and simple. His inputs are in coordination with other people. That cat hasn't once said "I think you should do this or that?" He hasn't had an "I told you so" moment like Burt. I'm not putting your boy down, it's just his roll is clear now.
He hasn't been idle, but he most def didn't do any deep inquiring about Lizzy. He should have been the one who thought about reading the log and journal to find out what went down. He should have had Steven's ass hemmed up in a corner pissing his pants. Wait, maybe I am beating up on him after all.. My bad!

All in all, he's a solid character and very well written. I will say this, at least he doesn't hide behind his inadequacies.

Ahhhh I hate the world right nowwwwwwww

I guess I don’t really mind angel as second in command, leadership brings a lot of hate your way, and that’ll be a bitch to deal with. But I wouldn’t be so quick to rule him out. To say that that perfect little shit Michael will always remain leader is not a smart idea. (wow I’m really getting a seething hate for the competition, and he didn’t even do anything wrong jeez that can’t be healthy). No one is assured survival, especially not mr. perfect awesome cool leader who will do anything for his people. In the case that something happens to Michael, What happens to the tower? I don’t think Burt’s taking command back, he’s learned his lesson, plus the people kinda hate his ass. That and there is Angel’s quest for leadership storyline, so I wouldn’t say Angel’s out of the game just yet. Plus he has time to learn, need I remind you when he started he couldn’t do anything right in the field, and now he’s one of the best.

Tthis is gonna devolve into World War Angel again isn’t it?

Eviebae
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:21 PM
To me, the most important thing was finding out that the antibiotics they used didn't work on the "slow turner." They could have used the wrong antibiotic; but something that mutates people so completely(overwrites DNA in such an orderly fashion) seems more like at least partially a manufactured virus.

Plus the show was way too short, only 5 minutes long, right? :p

And yeah, Saul needs to show some wear and tear.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Ra1th,

LOL. Nah, this won't turn into that. No worries mate! I've started to ask myself this question and the answer I get kinda sums it up: What would happen if Angel took a dirt nap?"
Answer: Nothing. That's kinda sad. The tower would go on. I personally don't really dig Michael's leadership style, but I give him props for being effective.
Anyways, this was a sweet episode! I just got a text message from my little convert saying "Tonya IS Saul's mom!" LOL.. Yep, spread the word little homie, spread the word!
The problem of them finding a plan and finding a place to land it, actually isn't that big a deal. There are plenty of places up north and a bit west with nice tarmac space. More that a couple Air Force bases and a few regional airports. Finding transportation after landing would be an issue.
They have about 25 people to transport now right? Add the food, supplies, equipment, ammo and weapons... ew weee!

Britt
Mar 29th, 2011, 02:43 PM
What would happen if Angel took a dirt nap?"

HAHAHA. That made me laugh out loud.

::goes back to lurking::

Ra1th
Mar 29th, 2011, 03:22 PM
ANGEL DYING IS NO LAUGHING MATTER!
Sighhh damn haters...

And crowbar according to ur logic, the only person who's death will affect the tower is Michael's. Angel is second in command of the tower, and overall tactician for the missions I guarantee u his death would affect the leadership of the tower, more so than any other character in the tower ( save Michael who can go eat a shovel for all I care)

Zombiehead
Mar 29th, 2011, 03:26 PM

It really reminded me of the Nicki and Paolo episode of LOST if anyone knows what that meansWe learned more about the virus which is a large gray area. And at least we know Lizzy will be included in the next episode... just in time for a cliffhanger.

I guarantee u his death would affect the leadership of the tower, more so than any other character in the tower ( save Michael who can go eat a shovel for all I care)
*tosses the bait* With Saul back are you so sure about that?

Onslaught
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Nice episode, surprised Tonya was a vet. I wonder what Datu's up to right now...
Probably crying again.

yarri
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:14 PM

I know I am sure of it. Angel is necessary as is Saul for Michael's needs as a leader.. One is the voice of reason the other the humanity...

You are all so mean to Ra1th... You know he is sensitive about Angel taking a dirt nap.

fraggot
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:14 PM
It's cool. I take no offense. There's pieces to the puzzle that aren't as interesting as the others, but without them would make an incomplete picture. Nicki and Paolo? I wouldn't go that far ;)

Yeah the nicki and paolo reference may a tad harsh from me even, I couldn't compare anything you do to any of the horrible plot devices or lack thereof from LOST.

Maybe it's just easier to nitpick now cause I'm caught up now to the episodes rather listening to 8 chapters all at once in a single day. That's why I still want the season one boxset, all the chapters at once have such a larger impact then I guess a part by itself.

Regardless you do amazing work and I'm glad you take criticism well, the bad and the good.

Kc
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Yeah the nicki and paolo reference may a tad harsh from me even, I couldn't compare anything you do to any of the horrible plot devices or lack thereof from LOST.

Maybe it's just easier to nitpick now cause I'm caught up now to the episodes rather listening to 8 chapters all at once in a single day. That's why I still want the season one boxset, all the chapters at once have such a larger impact then I guess a part by itself.

Regardless you do amazing work and I'm glad you take criticism well, the bad and the good.

Yeah, I have a feeling that the next piece will be very different for everyone, in a good and bad way...

yarri
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I have a feeling that the next piece will be very different for everyone, in a good and bad way...

Ok, now I am scared.

nikvoodoo
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:29 PM

Ok, now I am scared.

Why are you scared yarri? It's just a feeling he had. I mean who is this Kc guy anyway? How could he know? ;)

yarri
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Why are you scared yarri? It's just a feeling he had. I mean who is this Kc guy anyway? How could he know? ;)

He knows things Nik.. strange and terrible things.. He says things and then bad things.. ok and sometimes good things happen to them..

*hides*

MrScott101
Mar 29th, 2011, 09:02 PM
I mean who is this Kc guy anyway? How could he know? ;)

That was totally a "The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy" Zefod's psychiatrist comparable quote from the BBC radio show version!! NICE

I agree with a previous post about Saul probably won't make it to the door, I dealt with a fractured skull when I was younger had a fractured collarbone at the same time, though I was 16, it still took over a month before I could really do anything. That was more of a mental thing than a physical thing.

Ra1th
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:52 AM
We learned more about the virus which is a large gray area. And at least we know Lizzy will be included in the next episode... just in time for a cliffhanger.

wait how do we know lizzy's gonna be in the next episode?

and i'm gonna take the bait on this, just cause saul is back doesnt change angel's position in the tower, saul is a good soldier, end of story, lovable, all around nice guy, but not the sharpest tool in the shed, he has no place in a leadership position. He tends to use hail mary pass logic, which is a TERRIBLE idea, yeah if it works ur a hero good job, but the consequences for failure in the zombie apocalypse is death. the reason angel is second in command, is because he's good at coordinating, organizing and overall tactics, saul doesnt do any of these things even before he was shot. Saul not being on his deathbed changes nothing for Angel.

timberwoof
Mar 30th, 2011, 03:46 AM
All 3 characters compliment each other very well. Each has a personality they being to the table as some kinda leader. Michael said it best in one of the episodes. Before if he would have seen the other two on the street or a room he would have gone the other way. Now we wouldn't know what to do without them. Angle was trained as an officer in that he sees the big picture and what goals he needs to meet to make the outcome. Michael got his experience in the trench getting down and dirty with his troops. He's the one who used his leadership to motivate his troops to do the job and get it done right the first time. Saul is the grunt. Use to taking orders and not making them. More impulsive and a worker. He needs to get his hands dirty to feel he's making a difference. All of them together make a good leadership rank. All capable individuals in there own right but a more formidable force when put together. Don't know if this is along the lines Kc was going with it but I thought I would throw my 2 cents into the ring.

As for the chapter. I enjoyed it a lot. I think it to soon for Saul to he out and about being he hasn't given the antibiotics time to help. That's why Burt volunteered to go instead. That and I think he doesn't want to be around when Saul finds out what really happened. Saul seems to be a little bad as when he's pissed and has got some skill with a knife. Hehe.

yarri
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:03 AM
All 3 characters compliment each other very well. Each has a personality they being to the table as some kinda leader. Michael said it best in one of the episodes. Before if he would have seen the other two on the street or a room he would have gone the other way. Now we wouldn't know what to do without them. Angle was trained as an officer in that he sees the big picture and what goals he needs to meet to make the outcome. Michael got his experience in the trench getting down and dirty with his troops. He's the one who used his leadership to motivate his troops to do the job and get it done right the first time. Saul is the grunt. Use to taking orders and not making them. More impulsive and a worker. He needs to get his hands dirty to feel he's making a difference. All of them together make a good leadership rank. All capable individuals in there own right but a more formidable force when put together. Don't know if this is along the lines Kc was going with it but I thought I would throw my 2 cents into the ring.

As for the chapter. I enjoyed it a lot. I think it to soon for Saul to he out and about being he hasn't given the antibiotics time to help. That's why Burt volunteered to go instead. That and I think he doesn't want to be around when Saul finds out what really happened. Saul seems to be a little bad as when he's pissed and has got some skill with a knife. Hehe.

Welcome to my world LOL I stated this a while ago. They (the three) need each other. I so agree with you.

Hellbringer
Mar 30th, 2011, 06:24 AM
And I was looking forward to hearing more about the rule changes that Michael would lay out. :( Guess I'm that kind of details guy.
I did like the episode; it definitely feels it like the calm before the storm.
I am curious for more details on the slow-turner, like why did that person turn slowly? We heard how quickly Tommy changed, so until this episode, I assumed anyone infected would turn quickly as well.

yarri
Mar 30th, 2011, 06:33 AM
And I was looking forward to hearing more about the rule changes that Michael would lay out. :( Guess I'm that kind of details guy.
I did like the episode; it definitely feels it like the calm before the storm.
I am curious for more details on the slow-turner, like why did that person turn slowly? We heard how quickly Tommy changed, so until this episode, I assumed anyone infected would turn quickly as well.

Maybe a smart one changes slow? Assuming the slow turner person might have been Shawn and as Shawn was Marcus's second he was not stupid.. Smarter you are in life smarter you are in death..

nikvoodoo
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Maybe a smart one changes slow? Assuming the slow turner person might have been Shawn and as Shawn was Marcus's second he was not stupid.. Smarter you are in life smarter you are in death..

Couldn't be sean. Sean was murdered by Gatekeeper. He wouldn't be able to slowly turn.

yarri
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Couldn't be sean. Sean was murdered by Gatekeeper. He wouldn't be able to slowly turn.

He was but it didn't it take him a long time to die? I am pretty sure it wasn't as fast as a bullet to the head. Didn't his team get hit and hadn't he just died within a few days of MPK's arrival?

nikvoodoo
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:33 AM
He was but it didn't it take him a long time to die?

You're thinking of the other guy who came with Hope from the other tower, James. James died of an infection.

Sean's team was hit at the same time the wave overtook mpk, and victor. And since it was gatekeeper who organized it, it was likely death by zombie but with an assist to gatekeeper. He probably had their weapons disabled so they couldn't defend themselves

yarri
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:36 AM
You're thinking of the other guy who came with Hope from the other tower, James. James died of an infection.

OH that's right thank you Nik. Maybe he was the slower turner?

nikvoodoo
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:40 AM
OH that's right thank you Nik. Maybe he was the slower turner?

Me thinks you are correct.

yarri
Mar 30th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Me thinks you are correct.

slower the turn smarter the zombie?

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I don't know where to start here... *ahem, ahem, cough* Angel getting the long kiss goodnight seems to be a fitting starting point since I started the fire.
- Just my two cents after all Sir Ra1th, but everything i've seen...er, heard- just leads me to believe that Angel getting a piggy back ride on the Pale Horse just wouldn't upset the balance in the tower one bit.
Let me quantify this: Tower is barely being held together with Burt AND Angel there. It's a pig stye and the natives are getting pretty restless. They're looking for someone to add to the pot. Steven is the head cannibal. Everyone got caught up with North/South linear thinking about the rules, that they forgot about that it's possible to go East or West.

Burt said it himself and i'm going to paraphrase him with my own colorful language.. "the place is ready to fall apart and being held with ductape, bubblegum and wishful thinking." Ok, Ok,.. i added to the rainbow a bit. LOL.
Anyway, the place was barely being held up with 2.. that's 1 plus 1.. 2 of them in the tower.
I asked the original question because I don't think what he brings to the table isn't replaceable.

It is true that he AND Burt came up with the maps, the idea to change floors (Burt did the traps and took care of the balconies) but they still couldn't pull the trigger on WHAT to do or how to do it.
Mike come in and says "this is what we're going to do" Angel's reply was basically "I just told you that" but at the same time knowing that stuff was still in the air.
Could Riley or Victor have helped Burt with the Map? Hell, Kelly could have.

If Mke turns into a Behemoth snack or catching a sudden case of 9 mil lead poisoning, whould the Tower survive with Angel as the leader? "MY" answer is nope.
Victor would probably take over.

Ok, Ra1th and Yarri i'm sucking concrete right now and low crawling to my fox hole. INCOMING!!!

P.S.. Yarri- The kid was pretty smart and he turned quicker than you can say "Burt for President!"

Ra1th
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I don't know where to start here... *ahem, ahem, cough* Angel getting the long kiss goodnight seems to be a fitting starting point since I started the fire.
- Just my two cents after all Sir Ra1th, but everything i've seen...er, heard- just leads me to believe that Angel getting a piggy back ride on the Pale Horse just wouldn't upset the balance in the tower one bit.
Let me quantify this: Tower is barely being held together with Burt AND Angel there. It's a pig stye and the natives are getting pretty restless. They're looking for someone to add to the pot. Steven is the head cannibal. Everyone got caught up with North/South linear thinking about the rules, that they forgot about that it's possible to go East or West.

Burt said it himself and i'm going to paraphrase him with my own colorful language.. "the place is ready to fall apart and being held with ductape, bubblegum and wishful thinking." Ok, Ok,.. i added to the rainbow a bit. LOL.
Anyway, the place was barely being held up with 2.. that's 1 plus 1.. 2 of them in the tower.
I asked the original question because I don't think what he brings to the table isn't replaceable.

It is true that he AND Burt came up with the maps, the idea to change floors (Burt did the traps and took care of the balconies) but they still couldn't pull the trigger on WHAT to do or how to do it.
Mike come in and says "this is what we're going to do" Angel's reply was basically "I just told you that" but at the same time knowing that stuff was still in the air.
Could Riley or Victor have helped Burt with the Map? Hell, Kelly could have.

If Mke turns into a Behemoth snack or catching a sudden case of 9 mil lead poisoning, whould the Tower survive with Angel as the leader? "MY" answer is nope.
Victor would probably take over.

Ok, Ra1th and Yarri i'm sucking concrete right now and low crawling to my fox hole. INCOMING!!!

P.S.. Yarri- The kid was pretty smart and he turned quicker than you can say "Burt for President!"

do you seriously have nothing better to do than troll angel all day ? why do u hate him THIS much? and you really cant say you dont cause you've written over ten pages of posts giving him shit for every thing he does. Seriously what did he ever do to you to piss you off this much at him?

I've told you a 100 times he's a character in GROWTH, in DEVELOPMENT, he's not perfect, jesus just give him some time and leave him alone

and the other thing, u cant back up a single thing u just said, if something happens to Michael, Angel will come through, i cant back this up any better than you can, but i believe that Kc actually LIKES his characters and doesnt enjoy seeing them fail without reason

but thats it i'm done with this argument. this stopped being productive a WHILE ago.

Kc
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:16 PM
*HOSES WATER ON THE SITUATION
"Back back in your corners"
;) Both of you have good points, but only I have the answer, so you'll just have to wait and see how it unfolds... your argument on both sides has merit and relevance, but you need more info to come later on.

yarri
Mar 30th, 2011, 01:59 PM

As Ra1th so articulately told you his multiple points regarding Angel and my own feelings on that character are well known. I am going to answer the section of the quote you added from me.
The quote in question I made about slower the turn smarter the zombie was a QUESTION... not a statement of fact. Hence the ?????????????????? on it. :P

yarri
Mar 30th, 2011, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=

[/QUOTE]

Crow.. you are very very naughty! :D

Z Sniper
Mar 30th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I say Victor and Michael arm wrestle for the tower!

Verse
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:39 PM
I just think everyone may get a rude awakening with Kulani flying the plane. So far only one person knows 100% if Kulani can fly a plane. That is Kulani. Based on what Marcus said about LA being hit the hardest makes me wonder how these things got around. Like they came from LA or more were infected in LA at the beginning. We know it is not The Walking Dead where the Dead just get up.

Kulani saying "The Ones in Hawaii were much much meaner" and "Spread all over the islands", but in California they are not as mean and spread unevenly.....makes me uneasy on who/what he is. His story makes me scratch my head. Maybe drinking all the salt water on the island made them crazier or something....or..... He is telling a lie and is not a pilot from the islands.

I think this episode saying "where booking it" will put him in a rough spot. My bet is that Kulani we be all like "Well..um...you see guys...um...the thing is...." at the last moment.

The Saul/Tanya thing I saw coming. I am ok with it. Kinda like the eagles in Lord of the Rings. We can can fly there in a few hours...or walk for almost 2 years. Would have been a much more boring book. I could care less about the realism of them meeting, or if he should be able to walk or not. We do have Zombies after all. I am ok with suspense of disbelief. Sometimes it just makes for a better story.

Walrusgus
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:25 AM
I love this podcast. I get home download the latest episode and just relax. This podcast is my food. After listening to it I swear I gain energy!

Awesome episode as usual. Saul's back! With his mum!

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:04 AM
*HOSES WATER ON THE SITUATION
"Back back in your corners"
;) Both of you have good points, but only I have the answer, so you'll just have to wait and see how it unfolds... your argument on both sides has merit and relevance, but you need more info to come later on.

Hey! I'm already in my fox hole!

Ra1th.. my man. Why so serious? It's all how "I" feel and MY PERSONAL observations. I haven't said you were wrong. I'll apologize for stepping on your feelings. I'd send you flowers and a gift certificate to Angel's favorite Thai massage parlor if it would help!

Yarri Yarri!
It was only an my answer to your question.

yarri
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:29 AM
Hey! I'm already in my fox hole!

Ra1th.. my man. Why so serious? It's all how "I" feel and MY PERSONAL observations. I haven't said you were wrong. I'll apologize for stepping on your feelings. I'd send you flowers and a gift certificate to Angel's favorite Thai massage parlor if it would help!

Yarri Yarri!
It was only an my answer to your question.

Ok.. I am going to say it.. Kc... forgive me and be gentle with the hose..

Then we can have a happy ending..

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:37 AM
Yep! Angel for President!

Guts Malone
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:48 AM
I wonder if Kalani knows how to fly a helicopter. That would be much easier to insert into a storyline. I'm guessing that most military bases would have at least a helicopter landing area than an airstrip. Can any US Armed Forces ppl confirm this?

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:42 PM
Guts,
Helo's are mostly Coast Guard and Army. I know that Ft Irwin is an Army training base and that's all. KC is ex Army, I'm USAF so we're gonna have service bias. LOL. They have way too much stuff and people to fit in a 'copter.
Edward's AFB will have transport sized aircraft like a C-130's or larger.
They can also grab a couple semi and rig them with cow catchers to move stuff if needed.

Hellbringer
Mar 31st, 2011, 05:59 PM
Guts,
Helo's are mostly Coast Guard and Army. I know that Ft Irwin is an Army training base and that's all. KC is ex Army, I'm USAF so we're gonna have service bias. LOL. They have way too much stuff and people to fit in a 'copter.
They can also grab a couple semi and rig them with cow catchers to move stuff if needed.

I haven't been to Fort Irwin since '96 (wow, that was long ago), but back then they had helicopter airstrips. I remember F-16s and A-10s flying around out there to help with training, but I think they took off from Edwards AFB.
As much as I'd love to see them move out to the National Training Center, I don't picture all the Tower residents moving out there. There's too much to do in the sunny LA area.

timberwoof
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:35 PM
To be honest, the first thing you need to do is send a scouting party. There is no guarantee the base is safe enough to inhabit. And if it is, it may be similar to the Colony. Michael is or was Intelligence he should know the importance of knowing what you have before you start jumping into a big endeavor such as this.

nikvoodoo
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:44 PM
To be honest, the first thing you need to do is send a scouting party. There is no guarantee the base is safe enough to inhabit. And if it is, it may be similar to the Colony. Michael is or was Intelligence he should know the importance of knowing what you have before you start jumping into a big endeavor such as this.

Agreed. But you know what? We've seen Michael make some tragic intelligence/tactical mistakes so far (see Crowbar's multiple complaints about the Tower's Noise and Light discipline). It's another situation where it may be something that gets overlooked to advance a plot point.

Zombiehead
Mar 31st, 2011, 09:09 PM
Agreed. But you know what? We've seen Michael make some tragic intelligence/tactical mistakes so far (see Crowbar's multiple complaints about the Tower's Noise and Light discipline). It's another situation where it may be something that gets overlooked to advance a plot point.Good point. That reminds me, was there ever a rule made about windows after Pegs flowerpot incident? I can't recall.

nikvoodoo
Mar 31st, 2011, 09:17 PM
Good point. That reminds me, was there ever a rule made about windows after Pegs flowerpot incident? I can't recall.

Rule #3- Everyone must stay off the balconies at all times. (Chapter 4 Part 1 ~14:30)

Zombiehead
Mar 31st, 2011, 09:41 PM
Thank you. So nothing regarding lights and noise. A lit tower in a dead city should attract attention. Not just zombies either.

SIGH I'm ready for Monday.

Pteranodon
Mar 31st, 2011, 11:36 PM
Too lazy to read all 9 pages of posts, so this has probably been pointed out already: what's with the impossible coincidences? Less than 0.1% of the population survived this disaster- but Hope turns up alive then Saul's Mom shows up? What are they, part of the 'Final Five' from Galactica?

[CAUTION gotta get some mild meanness outta my system]

Now that it's been explained to me that Saul is black (he still sounds like a white guy from Brooklyn to me) it seems the only other decent black survivor in CA turns out to be his MOTHER? I'm reminded of a Danny Glover line (in Grand Canyon?) "We must be the only two black people he knows"

Kc
Mar 31st, 2011, 11:39 PM
Rule #3- Everyone must stay off the balconies at all times. (Chapter 4 Part 1 ~14:30)
I have a shirt with that on it...

Kc
Mar 31st, 2011, 11:40 PM
Too lazy to read all 9 pages of posts, so this has probably been pointed out already: what's with the impossible coincidences? Less than 0.1% of the population survived this disaster- but Hope turns up alive then Saul's Mom shows up? What are they, part of the 'Final Five' from Galactica?

[CAUTION gotta get some mild meanness outta my system]

Now that it's been explained to me that Saul is black (he still sounds like a white guy from Brooklyn to me) it seems the only other decent black survivor in CA turns out to be his MOTHER? I'm reminded of a Danny Glover line (in Grand Canyon?) "We must be the only two black people he knows"
So was Bill... And Durai. Just saying ;)

mascaria
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:37 AM
I bet there's also some black people who lived in the colony.

As far as I'm concerned Kc's managed to keep the cast amazingly inclusive. I may be one of the few people who've actively noticed (only?) but he's got a little bit of everything represented. It's kind of amazing.

Ra1th
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:52 AM

As far as I'm concerned Kc's managed to keep the cast amazingly inclusive. I may be one of the few people who've actively noticed (only?) but he's got a little bit of everything represented. It's kind of amazing.

Is there anyone from the middle east? We're alive needs a "Sayid" from lost. He could just show up randomly torture and shoot some ppl and then be on his way

Edit: that's not meant to be racist or anything, it's just on the show lost, there's an Iraqi special forces commando/interrogator, and every time Sayid shows you know someones about to die or be tortured. In short he was a badass

Hellbringer
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:10 AM
Is there anyone from the middle east? We're alive needs a "Sayid" from lost. He could just show up randomly torture and shoot some ppl and then be on his way

Edit: that's not meant to be racist or anything, it's just on the show lost, there's an Iraqi special forces commando/interrogator, and every time Sayid shows you know someones about to die or be tortured. In short he was a badass

I see a lot of Lost references in the forums. Never watched it; not because I thought it boring or something but because deployments have a habit of messing up my TV time. There's a bunch of shows I used to watch or wanted to, but never got a chance to see them from start to finish. I do plan on watching it at some point thru Netflix. I guess a lot of people's problem with Lost is somthing similar to the X-Files... too many writers throughout the series diluted the overall story. But X-Files is so 90's and Lost is still fresh in everyone's minds. Whoa, tangent there. Sorry.

Anyways, Southern LA is a melting pot, so I expect some diversity in the survivors. I mean, it's not like Shaun of the Dead which takes place in the UK, where the population is over 92% Anglo-Saxon and everyone else is, at best, 2% something else.

And since we're kind of on the subject of what people sound like, I always pictured Scratch looking like Michelle Rodriguez from Lost. Yes, I haven't seen the show, but I have seen articles on her short time on it.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:21 AM
I haven't been to Fort Irwin since '96 (wow, that was long ago), but back then they had helicopter airstrips. I remember F-16s and A-10s flying around out there to help with training, but I think they took off from Edwards AFB.
As much as I'd love to see them move out to the National Training Center, I don't picture all the Tower residents moving out there. There's too much to do in the sunny LA area.

Bringer,
Yah, most of the air support came from Edwards. The Hogs are mostly Reserve and Guard pilots. I agree that just up and moving is a bit crazy and I've complained A LOT about Mike's lake of following his training, but i'm really starting to chalk that up to him just being an ass.. or some real deep issues.

Nik's probably correct about the forward progress of the show though.

Wolf,

That's a long roundtrip journey for the scout team and how long would they give them to return? Would they be allowed to send a larger team that consists of a team that would set up camp there then the other half return?

Does anyone think they'll go ask Skittles if he wants to tag along this time? Would he go?

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:33 AM

Mascaria! Long time no see!
I've thanked KC a few times for having and keeping a diverse cast. We have Kalani, whom I think is Native Hawaiian and our fan favorite Asian Datu! I envision your girl Riley as being East Indian or Pakistani.
Oh crap! I almost forgot about Victor being Hispanic!
Those are some pretty good demographics when compared to..em.. 100% of anything else in entertainment media.

nikvoodoo
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:37 AM
Lisa Lampanelli loves Kc for giving her so many diverse people to make fun of. :p

Pikepaw
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:58 PM
Ok listening to WND gave me a thought. Tanya mentions a lot of trouble was gone through to get hold of her powerful antibiotics. I believe it means both the trouble to get out of the colony and the trouble the colony had in originally getting the medicine.
Where would you get such drugs? A hospital! In chapter 17 Skittles warns Angel and Kalani to stay away from Hospitals or the "doctor's places" as he calls them, because Doctors are SMART! Thus they become smart zombies by Burt's logic

rolsskk
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:22 PM
I wonder if Kalani knows how to fly a helicopter. That would be much easier to insert into a storyline. I'm guessing that most military bases would have at least a helicopter landing area than an airstrip. Can any US Armed Forces ppl confirm this?
I highly doubt it, it takes a lot of training to be fixed wing certified, and going over to rotary wing takes a little longer. So, I don't think he'd even know how to take off in a helicopter, let alone fly it. Aside from that, they're noisy - really noisy, which'll bring unwanted attention to them.

Guts,
That is true with the stuff - but they also have too many people to ferry. Let's say you cram (it'll be like sardines) 20 people into a Blackhawk, doing a rough guess, Ft Irwin is roughly 100mi from the tower, which means it would take about a 40 min flight. Problem is you'll be hard pressed to find a LZ in an urban environment like LA to put it down. Then you have time against you, because figure the moment that you touch down, you'll be bring everyone one in the area to the tower, and they'll probably be attacked while the helicopter is outbound.

With that being said, the units at Ft. Irwin are armored Cav and Recon, so there's bound to be some Humvees and Prime Movers that can be convoyed to and from the tower in just one trip.

HardKor
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:19 PM
Ok listening to WND gave me a thought. Tanya mentions a lot of trouble was gone through to get hold of her powerful antibiotics. I believe it means both the trouble to get out of the colony and the trouble the colony had in originally getting the medicine.
Where would you get such drugs? A hospital! In chapter 17 Skittles warns Angel and Kalani to stay away from Hospitals or the "doctor's places" as he calls them, because Doctors are SMART! Thus they become smart zombies by Burt's logic

I hadn't even thought about doctors becoming smart zombies, but it makes sense.
Plus there's also the fact that when outbreak started and people started panicking many of them probably headed for the hospitals to treat injuries or if they were sick and turning (we know that turning times vary: some are near instantaneous, Tommy took a little while to turn, and Tanya revealed some people can take days or weeks to turn.) And of course once those people turned all those panicky people in the hospitals became an all you can eat buffet. End result: hospitals = BAD news! So it probably took a fairly large effort by the Colony to assault one to get meds as powerful as the ones Tanya used to treat Saul. At least that's how I interpreted the "it was a lot of trouble to get these" comment.

Ra1th
Apr 1st, 2011, 09:08 PM

I thought this had already been established pretty clearly way back when angel and Saul went to raid burrs store. The one hunting Burt was a top clearance scientist from radon labs. And Burt says "I guess the matter u are in life the smarter u are in death". Scinetifically accurate and tested? No but usually The story expects you to just go along wih some facts

Eviebae
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:08 PM
Now that it's been explained to me that Saul is black (he still sounds like a white guy from Brooklyn to me)

I had an image of him being half black, half Latino.

Pikepaw
Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:38 AM
I thought this had already been established pretty clearly way back when angel and Saul went to raid burrs store. The one hunting Burt was a top clearance scientist from radon labs. And Burt says "I guess the matter u are in life the smarter u are in death". Scientifically accurate and tested? No but usually The story expects you to just go along with some facts

Oh no, I totally believe the smart people=smart zombies since I listened to Chapter 3 the first time. Really I was just covering my tracks in case someone who is the opposite of you came along and was all like, "It was just a theory of Burt's, we don't know for SURE..." and blah blah blah. Hospitals, libraries, universities, and scientific facilities would all be death traps due to all of the smart people

nikvoodoo
Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:59 AM
Oh no, I totally believe the smart people=smart zombies since I listened to Chapter 3 the first time. Really I was just covering my tracks in case someone who is the opposite of you came along and was all like, "It was just a theory of Burt's, we don't know for SURE..." and blah blah blah. Hospitals, libraries, universities, and scientific facilities would all be death traps due to all of the smart people

....now lets not get crazy.....not everyone in a University is actually smart ;)

Beaumont
Apr 3rd, 2011, 03:58 AM

Yeah it's more than likely there's going to be some death especially with the addition of other characters into the fold. I would vote for sauls mom to go because that voice actor...wow I can't stand her line readings.

Aerock
Nov 13th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Now that it's been explained to me that Saul is black...

WAIT, WHAT?! Saul's black? Could somebody let me know when was that disclosed (reference/link)? Yeah Tanya does sound black to me, but I thought Saul was Latino... maybe Puerto Rican? Reading that made my head feel like that Klan member's on Chapelle's Show after Clayton Bigsby took his hood off.

RabidWolf
Jan 9th, 2013, 04:40 PM
WAIT, WHAT?! Saul's black? Could somebody let me know when was that disclosed (reference/link)? Yeah Tanya does sound black to me, but I thought Saul was Latino... maybe Puerto Rican? Reading that made my head feel like that Klan member's on Chapelle's Show after Clayton Bigsby took his hood off.

When they first found the colony, and Michael first met Tanya, he describes her as being black. Then when you find out that Tanya is Sails mother, that would make him at least half black. Couldn't tell it from listening to him. I'd guess he's also part Hispanic. BTW, funniest part I've heard so far

She's a vet?
Wait, she's your mother?