PDA

View Full Version : Fear

cycogod
Mar 27th, 2011, 03:56 PM
what scares you the most? Supernatural , zombies or maybe Clowns ( Coulrophobia )? being abandoned when your old , confined spaces. losing your wealth/ homeless. Agoraphobia ???

Indy said it best - "Snakes , why'd it have to be snake's"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2nK_qmvJ7A

Pikepaw
Mar 27th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Steep edges when I am high up. I have the ability to imagine falling and crashing to my death, and I don't like that image. Zombies don't scare me

Teethingbiscuit
Mar 27th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Goodn Pikepaw. WAAY up gets my guts loopty looping.
If the zombies don't scare you how about the financial state of our great nation?
oooh shivers up my spine. Not like falling faaar but it could be bad.

ObamaCat
Mar 27th, 2011, 11:49 PM
The thought of losing a family member. If anything can freak me out it's that. As for a "generic" fear I'm not too sure. Heights, the dark and snakes don't really phase me.

mem
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Being buried alive

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I have hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia).

Okay, I'm shitting around. The irony of the phobia just makes it damn funny to me :)

I don't really have things that scare me. The only one that often bothers me, is fear of rejection. It's the only thing I can't take a rational approach on.
And not just in romance, but in the general bits of life too. It's borderline paranoia, but I can keep it under control. Mostly.

Craneses
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Death.

It got me thinking, and I'm totally like starting new, instead of going to college, i'm going to university, i don't want to waste this life and not experience not even half the things the world has to offer. It's going to require a lot of money, but i'm trying to experience everything i ever wanted to.

cycogod
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:35 PM
i really dont like being confined or in tight spaces without being able to move. crawling through stuff is a no go. and aardvarks

mascaria
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Wide open empty spaces when I'm alone. When I'm alone and there's no one around for miles and miles and miles I psych myself into horrible fear, thinking some one's gonna come at me all Texas Chainsaw Massacre style and no one will hear me scream and no one will ever find me. :(

cycogod
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Wide open empty spaces when I'm alone. When I'm alone and there's no one around for miles and miles and miles I psych myself into horrible fear, thinking some one's gonna come at me all Texas Chainsaw Massacre style and no one will hear me scream and no one will ever find me. :(

thats a crazy one..

Ra1th
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I have a serious phobia of octopus, seriously, they scare the living hell out of me, and I don't know why.

Oh and btw on a more serious note, I don't wanna see any pictures of the things people are afraid of on here, so if someone says they're afraid of spiders, don't go posting a picture of a giant spider (or an octopus in my case). There will be very serious consequences for that kinda thing.

TheNomad
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Having my fingernails/toenails ripped off. Which apparently the Japanese did to torture American soldiers in WWII. Makes you glad you weren't there for that.

timberwoof
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:40 PM
My greatest fear is having boys kidnapped and me being totally useless in not getting them back. With my job and the people I meet and deal with on a daily basis I've had me and my family threatened several times. I dont tell my wife becaues I know she'll flip.

Onslaught
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I'm a thrill seeker, so it would have to be dying without leaving a legacy, I want to be remembered for something good, I want at least one person to remember me.
When I think about it I don't want to be close to the end and have done nothing that hasn't influenced anybody.

It just drives me crazy and when I think about it I nearly break down.

MrScott101
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:27 PM
BUGS!! I can't stand them and it's all Indiana Jone's fault!! That and death by drowning or just not being able to breathe

Meeks
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:33 AM
The only one that I know I have is claustrophobia. I can't even sleep with my arms under blankets for fear of being trapped/suffocating.

Carl R-tistik Springer
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:46 AM
me im just scared of heights or in correct term falling :P

Onslaught
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:13 PM
You guys that are scared of heights should go skydiving, one of the funnest things I've ever done. Its just so amazing and you could get rid of your phobia.

yarri
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:20 PM
You guys that are scared of heights should go skydiving, one of the funnest things I've ever done. Its just so amazing and you could get rid of your phobia.

Seriously, why would anyone want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane? :D

Onslaught
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:23 PM
Seriously, why would anyone want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane? :D
It is so fun, that used to be like my only fear, now I can't get enough of heights.:D

timberwoof
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:56 PM

Been wanting to do this for a very long time. Have a certified instructor working for the department right now and have been offered to go up several times, but don't have the time.

fairyfartz
Apr 21st, 2011, 08:37 AM
Spiders.
Snakes.
Lightening. Got rid of my tongue ring because of that one.
Losing a finger. I'd be fine with a toe but not a finger.
Anything dealing with eyeballs freaks me the f@#$ out.
Landing. Not the falling part, I think that would be awesome. It's the sudden stop.
Having to work at Waffle House for the rest of my life. Seriously, the words Waffle House and Career go together about as good as flavored and anal. Lol
The only thing that freaks me out about the supernatural is the fact that someone or something could be watching me at any point in time. That thought hits me at the oddest times.

Sorry, Did you want the short answer? lol

itsallgoodie
Apr 21st, 2011, 10:39 PM
alright. so i may be a bit late to this. I didnt check when the post was made originally. but here goes:

My last name is 'Goodwin' for any/most who dont know. in 4th grade my teacher started calling me goody/goodie. he said he had a friend who he played softball with who shared my last name and they called him goodie too. so he just didnt it by instinct. It suck. All my friends started calling me it and ofcourse it stuck. It was awesome to me because in 4th grade everyone wants nothing more than to stand out and thats exactly what it did. I had to choose if i wanted goody or goodie. i chose the latter. much cooler.

All my friends to this day call me goodie. in college now. huh odd eh?

Now for the itsall part. long story short its not possible to get 'goodie' as your xbox gamertag. some ass took it a long time ago. so if i must spell it out for anyone, the phrase 'its all good' is quite common. so combining the two seemed natural. Me being the geek i am thought it was clever but i was worried others would think it was corny. I guess most think its clever, though i know some people think its dumb. Oh well. It is what it is. :P

Luna Guardian
Apr 22nd, 2011, 12:11 AM
alright. so i may be a bit late to this. I didnt check when the post was made originally. but here goes:

My last name is 'Goodwin' for any/most who dont know. in 4th grade my teacher started calling me goody/goodie. he said he had a friend who he played softball with who shared my last name and they called him goodie too. so he just didnt it by instinct. It suck. All my friends started calling me it and ofcourse it stuck. It was awesome to me because in 4th grade everyone wants nothing more than to stand out and thats exactly what it did. I had to choose if i wanted goody or goodie. i chose the latter. much cooler.

All my friends to this day call me goodie. in college now. huh odd eh?

Now for the itsall part. long story short its not possible to get 'goodie' as your xbox gamertag. some ass took it a long time ago. so if i must spell it out for anyone, the phrase 'its all good' is quite common. so combining the two seemed natural. Me being the geek i am thought it was clever but i was worried others would think it was corny. I guess most think its clever, though i know some people think its dumb. Oh well. It is what it is. :P
That's cool. But how does that relate to fear?

I'm not really afraid of anything, 'cept for flying. Not even hights, just the take off and landing part. I think it's probably 'cause I have no control over the situation whatsoever

cycogod
Apr 22nd, 2011, 10:33 AM
I read an H.P.Lovecraft story about pyramid raiding/grave robbing and the way he wrote it just freaked me out. The dude gets lost in the passage's and then they get smaller and smaller. The idea of being lost and confined freaks me out. No cave's or crawling under stuff, the latex bondage and suffication stuff is neat-----uhh wait a minute

mem
Apr 22nd, 2011, 11:05 AM
Having to work at Waffle House for the rest of my life. Seriously, the words Waffle House and Career go together about as good as flavored and anal. Lol

one of the funniest things i have read today. well done !!!