PDA

View Full Version : Is there any chance img can be accepted into signatures?

Yoyo
Mar 27th, 2011, 02:52 AM
I mean like a traditional forum signature size of say 400 x 150? I know I would love it as i have been part of many forums and I have grown attach to some of the ones made for me that I would love to also carry here.

I would also love to think others would too just because but I would understand if the request is dismissed due to technical reason.

TCM Revolver
Mar 27th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Let me take a look into this for you, I will see what can be done.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Mar 27th, 2011, 08:59 AM
It's possible.

The permissions are currently set not to allow members to do so.
I believe that was to prevent annoying, oversized and/or distracting images.

TCM Revolver
Mar 27th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I mean like a traditional forum signature size of say 400 x 150? I know I would love it as i have been part of many forums and I have grown attach to some of the ones made for me that I would love to also carry here.

I would also love to think others would too just because but I would understand if the request is dismissed due to technical reason.

I changed it to allow sig pics. the limits are 400 x 150 (no gif). We'll do this as a test for now, if you want to upload a pic I'll take a look at it and see.

SleepyGlenn
Mar 27th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I believe that was to prevent annoying, oversized and/or distracting images.

I'm sort of grateful for this! Though I'm aware not EVERYONE has obnoxious image sigs.

TCM Revolver
Mar 27th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I'm sort of grateful for this! Though I'm aware not EVERYONE has obnoxious image sigs.

your 100% right man, and that's why I opened it. As long as we don't get a bunch of annoying pics, I'll leave it open.

Kc
Mar 27th, 2011, 11:17 PM
I have a plugin in place that only allows one signature per thread... it keeps the annoyance even lower.

Walrusgus
Mar 28th, 2011, 12:57 AM
As long as there aren't huge bright flashing things... they take up space and hurt my eyes :P

Yoyo
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Thank you so much for hearing the request but can the kb size be bumped up to at least 30 kb?

For example: This turned to jpeg is at best reduced to 25kb

http://i48.tinypic.com/2r4ubfn.jpg

This is 23.6 kb when saved as JPEG instead of PNG (PNG higher quality at higher KB)
http://i56.tinypic.com/2vl2r92.jpg

This is crop to be 450 I think is 30 kb to 35
http://i49.tinypic.com/wsaz4.jpg

As of right now, the current limit is 9kb which is way too small for something within the dimensions of 400 to 130 ( a smaller average for forum signatures) to show with reasonable quality (it becomes way too pixaled). I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm whinning a bit but the limit doesn't do justice to the work to the art. I hope I'm not being unreasonable.

TCM Revolver
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Ok, try it now

Yoyo
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Thank you so much, It is working now.

TCM Revolver
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:21 AM
YoYo - We decided to shut the sig pics off. They just don't fit the style of our forum.

Yoyo
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:23 AM
We'll I suppose it does when I'm the only one doing it, ha. It was fun when it lasted. Sorry to hear that though.