PDA

View Full Version : where did you get your nickname / username ??

cycogod
Mar 26th, 2011, 01:40 PM
How did you pick your nickname or username? Had it forever or just thought it up. Ever look at a screen name and wonder what the person/entity is?

TCM Revolver
Mar 26th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Metal Gear Solid
I've been using it for a while now.

Skip to 1:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sny3RfMYMU

nikvoodoo
Mar 26th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Way way back in the day, Adam Sandler released the album "What's Your Name?" and contained on that album was a song called "The Voodoo Song." In that song there's a lyric that says "Boodalee Boodalie Voodoo Spell On You!" So I came into school the next day and I jokingly "cursed" my friend with that voodoo spell. She came in the next day and said her gerbil had died. Weird coincidence.....

About a month later I did it again to another friend and she came in the day after and said her hamster died. So my friends started calling me Nick the Voodoo Priest, Killer of Rodent Like Pets. I quickly shortened it to Nikvoodoo. I've been using the same handle for about 14 years now or so.

Th3_T3ch
Mar 26th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I'm atheist. That is important for my gametag. NJ comes from my initials, the Hellfire part comes from me being an atheist, its my way of saying," Screw you religion, I will just use a name that is referenced as bad to you." I also think that if I'm wrong about my beliefs I'd be headed off to hell anyway so, if I'm wrong, I want to have some humor as I burn for an eternity.

j0be
Mar 26th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Mine stems from my favorite playing card. The jack of spades. I tested several different forms out during LAN parties and the like, but the one that stuck was the One Eyed Black Jack... shortened to OEBJ... and shuffled (yes I thought of that too) to be JOBE.

I've gotten used to j0be, because Jobe is actually a rather uncommon first name, but that means many times it's taken. Got used to using j0be.
If they require a username >4 characters, I use jobe_tr. The TR is a dual purpose thing. Either the first two letters of my last name. TRoyer. or my initials reversed. Troyer Ronald.

cycogod
Mar 26th, 2011, 03:52 PM
nikvoodoo you are awesome !

j0be
Mar 26th, 2011, 03:53 PM
How did you pick your nickname or username? Had it forever or just thought it up. Ever look at a screen name and wonder what the person/entity is?
So.... you never replied to tell us your own story. Hm....

TexasPatriot
Mar 26th, 2011, 03:54 PM
simple guy, I'm from Texas, and I am patriotic....Hence...TAH DAH

nikvoodoo
Mar 26th, 2011, 03:55 PM
So.... you never replied to tell us your own story. Hm....

This is a valid point! Out with it cycogod!

And I'm glad you like my origin story! ;)

Zombiehead
Mar 26th, 2011, 04:00 PM
It's the better half of a handle I created years ago during one of my morbid phases in youth.

j0be
Mar 26th, 2011, 04:01 PM
It's the better half of a handle I created years ago during one of my morbid phases in youth.
I sense a story in the other half... do tell.

nikvoodoo
Mar 26th, 2011, 04:10 PM
mic check 132

Do you know why sound guys only count to two when doing a mic check?

Because you lift on "3."

j0be
Mar 26th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Also, if you want to piss off any sound engineers. Tap or blow into the mic. AAaarrgh.

Zombiehead
Mar 26th, 2011, 04:21 PM
There's no story.

I spent some time assimilating myself into the "goth" scene during my young, angry-hate-the-world-because-it-makes-me-cooler teenage years. Internet chatting was still fresh at the time and I wanted all my usernames to reflected my morbid sense of humor. Ravens are black. Zombieheads are grotesque... and then I grew out of it. The end.

Hellbringer
Mar 26th, 2011, 05:04 PM
My username is from my old days of playing XBAND, which was online playing for the SNES and Sega Genesis... long before Xbox Live, PSN, and Steam. I chose Hellbringer back then because at the time, I was into Battletech and one of the mechs they used was called a Hellbringer. Loved the name, and adopted it for my radio callsign when I'd go to the field as well.
What's funny, for me anyways, is that when I joined XBox Live, I started playing MechAssault on it, and seeing as how it was a Battletech derived video game, whenever I'd log on, everyone would go "oh no, it's the HELLBRINGER! I WONDER what mech he's going to choose?" or "Hey Hellbringer, are you going to Bring the Hell?" Yeah, geeky and all, but I still chuckle about it.

yarri
Mar 26th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Yarri is slang for my own name. Which is Sarah
Its also a big giant tree in Australia

Teethingbiscuit
Mar 26th, 2011, 08:17 PM
A window into ourselves opens.
I am father of 2 and they are through their teething stage. Damn those cookies make a mess.
Teethingbiscuit

I'll also sign off with teethingtabs. That one is for the same time period. It took on a placebo effect with my oldest, she would take one for whatever ailed her. They are homeopathic and all natural :)
Yeah, got online during those years and needed something that wasn't being used like a name, or initials and numbers, that are as easy to forget as where I left those keys, or my work shoes!?
Teeth.
P.S. I also have a nice smile. Or so I've heard.

cycogod
Mar 26th, 2011, 09:53 PM

Oops..Back in the day, I was very good at Quake 3 Arena on pc. The server I played on the most, I was ranked very high. After games in the terminal a lot of the players were calling me psycho, then it became cyco. Then some were inputting god, as in god mode. So it just became cycogod. I was so hooked on that game....

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Mar 27th, 2011, 09:08 AM
My first real online experiences were Call of Duty-related, so I directly looked at military ranks. As a 10-year-old, I used to be "Lt.Errible". Later on, I decided it became kinda lame, so I decided to look for something new.
Then I accidentally hit the capslock key while typing the rank of 'captain' in totally unrelated context, and it gave me the idea for this one.

timberwoof
Mar 27th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Well when I got my first truck at 18 a bunch of my buddies had CB radios so I decided to get one so I could keep up with them around town. This was when cell phones were just becoming popular with the nokia 5100 series. Well I liked wolves and one of my favorites was the timber wolf or grey wolf as it's normally called. One of my buddies use to call me woofy on the radio so I started incorporating it. Thus timberwoof.

justwork
Mar 27th, 2011, 02:15 PM
This looks like as good a spot as any for a first post. My username justwork came from when XboxLive first started out. I didn't really have an online presence so I was randomly picking names that I thought were cool at the time. After about 8-10 "username already in use" I said outloud "F justwork already" so I dropped the F and typed justwork and here we are.

Onslaught
Mar 27th, 2011, 02:21 PM
My friends started calling me it, during games (mostly Call of Duty) I would be the idiot that would run ahead of the others and face the enemy team by myself, but rather than die I would end up killing half of them. My friends started to say I would lead the initial onslaught just so they could see how many I killed. I dropped the initial and thats how I got Onslaught.

Hellbringer
Mar 27th, 2011, 02:37 PM
My friends started calling me it, during games (mostly Call of Duty) I would be the idiot that would run ahead of the others and face the enemy team by myself, but rather than die I would end up killing half of them. My friends started to say I would lead the initial onslaught just so they could see how many I killed. I dropped the initial and thats how I got Onslaught.

If I didn't read your post, I would have thought you were named after the Marvel Comics villain.

riskbreaker23
Mar 27th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Mine's from a PS1 RPG called Vagrant Story. That's also where my avatar picture is from. It's now on PSN, I HIGHLY recommend anyone with a PSP or PS3 get it. IT's only like $6 and like 57MB. The game is (or at least started off) directed by the same guy who directed Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy XII, and the Ogre Battle series. Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy XII both got 40/40 from the Japanese magazine Famitsu, he's the only other director besides the guy who made mario, zelda, metroid, to get two games scoring 40/40. FFXII and Vagrant Story are two of my favorite games ever.

StepLaugh
Mar 27th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I wanted something that I could use that somehow made it special. So I wanted my name involved. My name is STEPhen mcLAUGHlin. So I went with StepLaugh. No one has it, and most people just call me Step.

mem
Mar 27th, 2011, 03:20 PM
i wasnt as original as the rest of you. mem are my initials however my facebook name is spartles flimflam which is my take on zaphon beeblebrox from the hitchhikers guide.

ObamaCat
Mar 27th, 2011, 09:55 PM
When I first created my gamertag on my 360, the suggestion was "Jammy pole cat" and I had a spark of inspiration to make it "ObamaCat" instead. Stuck with it ever since.

Hellbringer
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:09 AM
When I first created my gamertag on my 360, the suggestion was "Jammy pole cat" and I had a spark of inspiration to make it "ObamaCat" instead. Stuck with it ever since.

Your name definitely stuck out when we all played Halo. It has such a nice ring to it.

fraggot
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Mines fairly self explanatory

I used to use a similar tag/username with the term "frag" in it cause I used to be the GOD of Quake 3. The Quark games pretty much used the military term for their way of saying a kill. ANYWHO

I one day put the words frag and faggot together cause I thought it sounded funny. People who are too uptight about things tend to get offended by it, which I find HILARIOUS

VeritableHero
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Who doesn't want to be a hero? (Well, maybe the EVIL people on here.:p) I wanted a name that was respectful and stood for something. "One true hero" or "real hero" came to mind. VeritableHero evolved from that. I like that people now call me "Hero" for short.

Back in my Unreal Tournament gaming days, I was FlamingCat. I thought a tiger on fire (anime style, not real-life serial killer style). However, I was too good at online shooters and got tired of immature people taking my name to various inappropriate levels.

Yoyo
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:51 AM
My name comes from that old Xbox game "Jet Set Radio Future" where one of the main characters is named Yoyo. I used it one day for my KOTR character and that transferred to chatango. I stuck with it ever since on the internet.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I really don't think I need to explain mine. LOL.

Meeks
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Mine doesn't really have a cool story like others, Meeks is my name. So yeah.

Rock Daddy
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:20 AM
My username is one of many nicknames given to me by friends. With a name like Rocco, you hear many. I believe the first time I heard Rock Daddy was actually to refer to my beat up pickup truck in High School. I'd give my friends a ride in the "Rock-Daddy". It had a nice ring to it, so I started using it for a username. Other nicknames include but are not limited to Roc, Rockus, Rococo, Count Rocula, Doc Roc, Rocco's Modern Life, and Rocco P. Coltrane, among others. :)

Hollomandious
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Back when AOL ruled the world, I had to pick a chat handel. I was really into NiN and decided to name myself Halo. Total Fail Ensued! I got the H, changed the A to an O, doubled up on the L's and got the second O right. And thus spawned Hollo.

That name stuck for a long time. I was a BBSer for many years under that moniker in the 612 (now 612/651/763/952). Ran a board called The City Of Angels. Good times, good times.

Then the world got bigger. Enter, the, internet. Never would have guessed how many people on the planet have Hollo as a last name. And I refuse to put numbers after a handel unless they are added for a reason other then un-originality.

So, then came the task of picking a new name, but not loosing my name in the process. I wanted to make it sound like a greek god, or something like that.

Hollomandious (Hole-Oh-Man-Dee-Us) was born. Bow down bitches.

(And the zombie dawg to the left, is named Chewdakka)

VeritableHero
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:56 AM
(And the zombie dawg to the left, is named Chewdakka)I'm not going to lie: that picture has always disturbed me a little bit. :)

MrScott101
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:52 AM
Mine derived from being on a music BB, I've had many different handles going back to prodigy chatrooms. I was going to go with Mr and my last name but I didn't like the way it sounded so I just put my first name in. Then I was required to have numbers in my username for other sites so I added the 101 as in I'm either going to school you in my ways or get schooled!

Guts Malone
Mar 31st, 2011, 11:55 AM
I read too many Sgt Rock and Haunted Tank comics when I was a kid. Always like the classic cigar chomping dude. The name was derived from my Left for Dead days.

I The K Train I
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:52 PM
From Gears of War. When I do really well, I like to trash talk (to friends not anonymous gamers, not a complete asshole). I would generally pick Cole and shout his quotes and one day an American friend of mine just called me it and I adopted it. That must be at least 4 years ago now I think.

Most people call me "Train" now or "The Train", which I absolutely love. Actually an awesome nickname to have ha

Kc
Mar 31st, 2011, 04:40 PM
Saw a guy at the side of the road... took his money, his ideas, and his life...
-John Smith as Kc

Joosbawx
Apr 12th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Mine came from back in the old dial-up BBS days. Was going by CallMeIshmael, but decided it wasn't really that great of a moniker. developed from a sort of stream of consciousness process that went something like Moby Dick - high seas - Hi-C - juice box - Joosbawx. it sounds friendly, has a positive connotation, and nobody else uses it...so I don't have to share or put x's, z's, |'s, or numbers before or after it. no offense.

Private Parts
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Mine came from a friends uncle who was called Private Person or something and while discussing it si=someone cracked a joke about private parts so i took it.

idea for lurkers etc wanting to join Corporal Punishment?

Parts

Luna Guardian
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I like the moon. I think the word "guardian" sounds cool. That's about all there is to it

Pteranodon
Apr 14th, 2011, 11:38 PM
I'd just listened to a Red Panda episode where Nazis are riding telepathically-controlled Pterodactyls (yes) so 'Pteranodon' was stuck in my sick brain...

Ra1th
Apr 15th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Sighh, I don't even like this name, I started using it back when I was a freshman in highschool. I based it off a wraith, a spirit, but changed it so that it wouldn't be so common place. Looking back it just seems dumb. The problem came when I first came to the original forum back in 2010, the names I wanted were already taken so I thought what the hell, I'll just use this name cause I'll remember it, its not like I'm going to actually use this site or anything... and then I ended up getting sucked into it, and made a name for myself picking fights with people over Angel, (and back then, everyone thought Angel was a dick so there were a lot more haters). Then came the new forum. Kc was taking new moderators, and I wanted in, so I thought I'd have a better chance if Kc knew who I was, so I kept this name. So now I'm stuck with this stupid name, it feels pretty juvenile.

With admin powers, I can change my name, so it might something else one day, but right now, changing my name would just make everything more confusing so I'm stuck with it

VeritableHero
Apr 15th, 2011, 07:22 AM
I wanted something that I could use that somehow made it special. So I wanted my name involved. My name is STEPhen mcLAUGHlin. So I went with StepLaugh. No one has it, and most people just call me Step.Your name is showing up on the leaderboards of IGN's Stock Exchange. Nice one!

kafu288
Apr 15th, 2011, 07:51 AM
So back in the day there was a show on TV called Scrubs, and on this show there was a main character called JD and his mancrush Turk. On one episode Turk changed his phone number to Calltur and JD said "but your old named spelled" and I always thought he said Kafudamaha. Turns out I was wrong but whatever. One day a couple of years ago my friday night bowling duo needed a new team name and I jokingly suggested kafudamaha and teh dude I bowled with said "Fuck yeah that will just fuck with people's minds" so we went with that. A couple of months later I signed up for a wrestling forum, because I'm a big WWE mark and I needed a name, so I signed up as kafudamaha. Everyone called me kafu for short. Of cause then the Brazillian Giant Kafu got released from WWE's feeder fed and everyone asked me why WWE let me go so it got changed a couple of times but I eventually went back to Kafu.. My high score in bowling is 288 (10 strikes in a row followed by an 8 spare) so when I decided to sign up here I signed up with Kafu and then decided to add the 288 to the end of it because I thought it suited the whole origin of that name nicely.

So there you go

lkiam
Apr 19th, 2011, 10:26 AM
My IRL name with a k in it.

bequita
Apr 20th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Name is Beckie and I am short, so I added the diminutive, hence bequita aka lil beckie for those in the compton area.

fairyfartz
Apr 21st, 2011, 08:12 AM
Because if there are fairies in this world, the only thing they ever give me is their farts. No help, good luck, anything. They just fart in my general direction.

IAmBabs
Apr 25th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Mine is pretty self-explanatory :)

Eitri
Apr 25th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Well i got my name from Norse mythology, There were two dwarfs who made Thors hammer, Brokkr and Eitri (AKA Sindri) they were known as the sons of Ivaldi. I chose Eitri because of my Intrest in Norse Mythology.

hate
May 4th, 2011, 08:27 PM
i picked out of pure hatred for aol . when i was trying to pick user name i tried like 20 different times but all of them were taken , so i tried ihateaol but that was taken to so i tried ihateyou138 ( 138 is from a song and movie i like ) and it worked but i eventually changed it to just "hate"

deserteagle
May 4th, 2011, 09:35 PM
The name itself is pretty easy to understand, but its origins are almost interesting. Way back in middle school (99) a friend lent me Ice Station by Matthew Reilly. The protagonist's side are was a Desert Eagle. Then I saw The Matrix and the agents carried the same guns. I fell in love with the firearm and the rest was history. I started with email addresses. Unfortunately, almost all deserteagle accounts had already been taken. I eventually, via underscores, found an account that almost worked (only desert eagles don't come in APC .45 so desert_eagle_45 was a bit off). I kept trying, but not until the PS3 was I able to nab a deserteagle id. I get constant spam messages from the PSN, but I was finally happy with it. I've had 2 other success stories with the un. My college email address and my un here on the zombie podcast forums.

Also, Burt is le awesome

mascaria
May 4th, 2011, 10:59 PM
I'm such a hipster.

http://www.last.fm/music/Slant+6/Inzombia/Mascaria

Walrusgus
May 4th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Wulrus and the name Gus rhyme. it came from gus the walrus, a name my friend made way back for some weird toy he had. I use it in pretty much everything now, though. I guess it's quite wierd considering I am neither walrus or called Gus (My name is Michael)

Pikepaw
May 4th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Pikepaw comes from when I was forums for the Redwall series. I read them in grade six, a book series most people read, if you don't know it is about medieval small animals. The cute ones must defeat the ugly ones. So in the forums for these books, everyone had names that were like the names in the books. The villains usually had names like DoomEye, RipFang, Ungatt and Doghead. I made up Pikepaw to fit in with the naming conventions. Then I made it my hotmail address. I liked it enough to keep it my general internet handle, so I tend to use it anywhere I don't want to be anonymous

j0be
May 5th, 2011, 07:35 AM
My IRL name with a k in it.

You know I pronounce your forum name l'chaim.

mascaria
May 5th, 2011, 05:21 PM
You know I pronounce your forum name l'chaim.

I do too!

Creem_Filling
May 5th, 2011, 05:41 PM
My step brother's band's name in Rock Band was Cream Filling. I was watching him play and making my Steam account a couple years back. And I went with that. Also, I enjoy a good Twinkie.

SMVENOM
May 5th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I'm a giant Spider-Man nerd, and around the time Spider-Man 3 was coming out, I made a YouTube account called "SM3VENOM" (Venom is Spidey's darker doppleganger). After I discovered the movie sucked, all future iterations starting with my PSN account have just been "SMVENOM".

DogFromDuckhunt
May 6th, 2011, 09:26 AM
From a NES game that irritated me more than the bomb level from Ninja Turtles or the jet ski level from Battletoads.

Leedo2502
May 6th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Pretty much my name... I was going to go with my user name on every other forum and whatnot, Leedo2502, but I did the "log-in with Facebook" thing

Solanine
May 6th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Too random words. I should really try and pick one name and stick with it but I usually just pick something at random. Also Corporal Punishment was originally going to be my XBLA name but there was problems. Is there anyway to change your name or is it permanent?

nikvoodoo
May 6th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Too random words. I should really try and pick one name and stick with it but I usually just pick something at random. Also Corporal Punishment was originally going to be my XBLA name but there was problems. Is there anyway to change your name or is it permanent?

Change your name on here? or were you talking about XBL?

Solanine
May 6th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Here, i already wasted the money on XBL :(

WestonWisdom
May 6th, 2011, 11:48 AM
A combination of two things on my desk at the time.

A bottle of Henry Weston's cider.
A box set of comedian Norman Wisdom.

j0be
May 6th, 2011, 11:49 AM

What do you want it to be? Corporal Punishment?

Solanine
May 6th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Solanine

Thanks.

nikvoodoo
May 6th, 2011, 11:55 AM

It is simple to do, but you are the first person to bring this up and we want to discuss some procedural things on our end before we move forward. We'll get back to you

Solanine
May 6th, 2011, 11:56 AM
KK thanks.

BoomerXL
May 8th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Mine's pretty simple I just took my dog's name and added an XL at the end....as far as the PSN goes my screen name was already taken so since I am a Spiderman fanboy I took a little something from him and came up with TheAmazingBoomer

Osiris
May 15th, 2011, 10:26 AM
It would take too long to fully explain. Short answer: Ex-Girlfriend.

ComradeNarf
May 15th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Ugh... Time for me to feel old. Right, so originally I went under the alias "Nilknarf," something my friends and I would shout at each other after hearing it on the cartoon "The Critic." In one episode Jay's father, Franklin, proudly displayed his ability to say his name backwards. A little while after, Command & Conquer: Red Alert came out. Since I played as the Soviets, I changed the alias to ComradeNarf, and it's been that way ever since.

Wow. That was in 1996.

Osiris
May 15th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Ugh... Time for me to feel old. Right, so originally I went under the alias "Nilknarf," something my friends and I would shout at each other after hearing it on the cartoon "The Critic." In one episode Jay's father, Franklin, proudly displayed his ability to say his name backwards. A little while after, Command & Conquer: Red Alert came out. Since I played as the Soviets, I changed the alias to ComradeNarf, and it's been that way ever since.

Wow. That was in 1996.

You're old, bro. Old.

ComradeNarf
May 15th, 2011, 11:29 AM
You're old, bro. Old.

I know! Red Alert was the first game I played that supported DirectX in Windows! That's how long ago it was!

Also, DogFromDuckhunt - I'm glad I'm not the only one traumatized by the bomb level in Ninja Turtles.

mascaria
May 15th, 2011, 12:57 PM

Wow. That was in 1996.

For real though, The Critic was funny as hell.

Mikeyd2tall
May 15th, 2011, 01:04 PM
well i cam eup with mine when i was starting AIM and i need something. my first name is mike and my last starts with d. im known in my school as one of tallest people there. so hence the 2tall
mikeyd2tall

Blood & Ice Cream
May 15th, 2011, 02:35 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_and_Ice_Cream_Trilogy

Lieoften
May 15th, 2011, 02:36 PM
"A Lie told often enough becomes truth."

Leedo2502
May 18th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Now that I have my internet moniker I got it from when I was on Active duty and would wander our Brigade Barraks area with about 10-15 beers in all my assorted pockets and talk to people. After hanging out with a few guys from a different Battalion I ran out of brews and one of the guys handed me two bottles for the walk back to my room and started singing the song "Lido" by Boz Skaggs and it stuck. I went back the next weekend and the dudes were singing that song and I was henceforth known to them as Lido... of course I didn't know how to spell it so I went with "Leedo" on my first email acct.

The 2502 comes from the unit I was with, 2bn 502nd Inf. Regt. and the rest was history...

Don Man
May 18th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Well my first name is Don and thats fairly uncommon. I got Don Man from this one time when i was argueing with my friends brother and one of his comebacks was shut up Don Man which sent me into a fit of laughter so I no use it for this

Lex Artiga
May 18th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Well,
My real name is Alejandro and most of my friends told me that my name was too long so they shortened it to Alex, then one day I meet this guy and his name is actually Alex so when Alex and me are with a group of friends he is known as Alex and I am known as Lex, just to shorten it even more and to avoid any mix-ups.

rottenash
Jun 5th, 2011, 01:26 AM
rotten= just that
ash= Bruce Campbell Evil Dead
or rotten ash- dairy was my ememy, but that was then....and this is now.

shric debar
Jun 5th, 2011, 06:18 AM
My Shortened nick (shric debar) is an anagram of my real name. for shric estarinuta ezmarlis debar the fourth i added in some random elvish sounding words in the middle. and then i randomly decided to put the fourth on the end.

Kunja
Jun 5th, 2011, 06:57 AM
I've been involved in the martial arts from over half my life... "Kunja" is a korean word, that directly translates to "gentleman or gentle person"... At our school before testing for black belt, we have to write a paper on what Kunja means to us... how we act in our various relationships in life... I use it as a screen name for almost everything to help remind me of that...

Rune
Jun 8th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I write under this name because it is horribly pretentious and writers that i've met thro schooling and authors I had 2 do in a english lit course were all pretentious prats. As such when I started writing I wanted to give them all the finger and say something about writing should b fun, not 4 giving out bogus meaning and symbolism that has no impact on reality and wont change anything.

mush_rooms
Jun 8th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I just think mushrooms are cute. Joked that they were my favorite flower. I even kind of identify with them in a way. One mushroom growing among a bunch of flowers and all that. Quirky, different, sometimes overlooked.

But I mostly just think they're cute. I collect mushrooms. Like shirts and stuff like that, not real mushrooms haha.

smalls kenobi
Jun 8th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Smalls= i'm a big dude, and that what people call me.
Kenobi= big fan of Obi Wan

ZombieMama
Jun 8th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Mama... cuz im a mom
zombie... cuz its a zombie podcast and i love zombies.. :D

Kaitlyn
Jun 8th, 2011, 09:09 PM
I've been using my username for 18 years now. all of my family and friends call me it. it's not big deal, my parent came up with it.

haha sorry to disappoint, my username is my name :D

cupcakezombie
Jun 8th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Mama... cuz im a mom
zombie... cuz its a zombie podcast and i love zombies.. :D

Cupcake... cuz I love cupcakes
Zombie... cuz I love zombies

Solanine
Jun 8th, 2011, 11:44 PM
I write under this name because it is horribly pretentious and writers that i've met thro schooling and authors I had 2 do in a english lit course were all pretentious prats. As such when I started writing I wanted to give them all the finger and say something about writing should b fun, not 4 giving out bogus meaning and symbolism that has no impact on reality and wont change anything.

Do you count the forum as writing or are you an actual writer? Sorry it wasn't quite clear. I would disagree about symbolism effecting things but this is neither the time nor place for a discussion of literary techniques.

My name is simply that of the group of poisons found in Atropa Belladonna (deadly night shade).

Magrat
Jun 11th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Magrat is a character from Terry Pratchett's works. Plus it's not too far removed from my actual name (in the same way that "Craig" is not too far removed from "That guy you saw down at the pub the other day who bought you a beer and was creepy as sin"...).
Also, my father also occasionally called me it when he was displeased with me. :-S
I've only one other nickname/username/handle/curseword-that-describes-me that I go by... but that's neither here nor there.

AdrianHD
Jun 11th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Oh boy. My name has gone through a story of sorts:

I'll start off by saying that my name derives from my previous username which was "HDShadow."

So back in the days when I was in 4th grade playing Halo: CE, I often had friends who screen cheated. You know, looking at your screen (I feel like younger kids don't know what split-screen is anymore .__.). So I devised a plan I'd use every time I played with them: I would hide in the nearest shadow and look down so my screen was completely black. Then when my friends would walk by, I'd melee the hell out of them, or otherwise known as "hit down" (ZOMG, IT DOESN'T MEAN HIGH-DEFINITION!?!?!?111?!? I've kinda just let people think that since it sounds a lot cooler that way). Any who, I was watching the first ever Arena tournament for Halo: CE and the winner of the tourney was "HP Darkman." I was like, "HEY! I could do something with that name." So I morphed it into my own.

Fast-forward last November and I realize that the name is just getting old to me. I'm trying to push myself to be more known in the gaming industry by various peeps, so I want to stray away from it. When I was making a myIGN page, I took an extra second before I registered my usual username and thought that I would prefer to have my name in it instead. Obviously "Adrian" was already taken, so I did the next best thing, added the initials from my previous username and slapped them on the end. Thus "AdrianHD" was born. So now, people I've known pre-November 2011 know me because of the "HD" and people who know me post-November know my actual name. Which is what I prefer in general.

I just wish the asshole who took http://twitter.com/adrianhd would cough it up and let me have it. He was gone for two years and suddenly after I @ reply him and ask if I could have it, he returns, protects his tweets, tweets 15 times, followers 10 people, and is gone again. He also only speaks in Spanish >=|

Cabbage Patch
Jun 11th, 2011, 02:49 PM
My handle is a nickname I picked up in the Army. I was a Second Lieutenant, and my unit moved out for training the day after I arrived, which meant that I spent three weeks in the field before I even got a chance to find a place to live. Things went pretty well, and at the end of the operation one of my sergeants pulled me aside to let me know that my men had come up with a nickname for me. It seems that a bunch of them were talking about me and somebody said, "the new Lieutenant's alright, but he looks like a cabbage patch doll". I was promptly dubbed "The Cabbage Patch Lieutenant".

I was mortified, and immediately grew a big bushy mustache to try and disguise my baby face. But I knew from the start that it was a sign that the men had accepted me and that they were using it (mostly) as a term of endearment. Over time the nickname was shortened to Cabbage Patch, and later to just Patch. I picked up a lot of different nicknames over the years, but this one always meant the most to me.

HardKor
Jun 13th, 2011, 09:20 PM
My real name is Kory, which often gets shortened to Kor. And my friends and I have always had a tendency to overuse the word "hardcore" the way most people overuse "awesome" or "cool." Eventually someone put two and two together and I got a spiffy new nickname: HardKor

Fishie
Jun 14th, 2011, 11:52 AM
It's the name I use on another forum, which pointed me towards this one... I've been using it there since 2001 and am not entirely sure why I picked it in the first place! I do like fish, not to eat, but I like scuba diving and pretending to be one of them

Ctatyk Frost
Jun 14th, 2011, 09:45 PM
ah crap...I bet that I win for geekiest fanboy name possible.
Blade....Deacon Frost. Hence "Frost" I thought that Steven Dorff did a GREAT job in that role. Favorite character besides Whistler and at the time, I wasn't OLD enough for that one.
I used to run an online radio station WAAAAYYYYY back in the day.
My sign on was static which faded to silence & with a voice changer, I said "We are all static" and that faded to more static and that faded into the first track.
So...when I tried to register Static, that was taken.
I tried to figure different spellings of "Static" and came up with Ctatyk.
So, Ctatyk Frost was born.
Since then, I've never posted anything online as my real name. It's comical when people "Google" me. They find nothing of me.

ClearSights
Jun 14th, 2011, 10:06 PM
I got my name from the first Socom game on the ps2. It was a favorite game of all time and I had about 2000+ hours in it and was part of a top 5 gamebattles clan in it. And within my clan I was the sniper. And from this I came up with "Sights" and then at the time I had these big geeky glasses so I added "Clear" in the front of it to become ClearSights. And I have had it ever since

Ra1th
Jun 15th, 2011, 12:44 AM
My first moniker was Ra1th. I hated that name. I've had it since middle school. It's dumb. I wanted something new. So I took Lake.

j0be
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:25 AM
My first moniker was Ra1th. I hated that name. I've had it since middle school. It's dumb. I wanted something new. So I took Lake.

But why lake?

Solanine
Sep 18th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Solanine "Solanine is a glycoalkaloid poison found in species of the nightshade family (Solanaceae)" for example the deadly nightshade.

reaper239
Sep 18th, 2011, 10:56 AM
the movie doom. the main character was named john grimm and they called him reaper. i loved the concept of the name, so that has been my handle since

yarri
Sep 18th, 2011, 10:58 AM
the movie doom. the main character was named john grimm and they called him reaper. i loved the concept of the name, so that has been my handle since

I was wondering about that.. I loved that movie

reaper239
Sep 18th, 2011, 11:06 AM
as far as doom goes it was actually terrible at following the story concepts of the original, but it was pretty good as an action movie. (i think a pocket protecter just sprouted from my shirt)

yarri
Sep 18th, 2011, 11:07 AM
as far as doom goes it was actually terrible at following the story concepts of the original, but it was pretty good as an action movie. (i think a pocket protecter just sprouted from my shirt)

I have one of those too and the double curse of loving all B movies

usmcludwig
Sep 20th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Well I think it was pretty simple- I was in the USMC and my last name is Ludwig

Figured it was a good solid (tho I do have several others that involved much funny inside-jokes)

gaijinpunk
Sep 22nd, 2011, 06:31 PM
(-sigh-) On a long road trip, I waited until a group of Japanese tourists walked by, screamed at the top of my lungs, waited until they turned to look, pointed over their heads behind them and yelled "Godzilla!" with a terrified expression on my face.
Some of them looked.
One of them flipped me off and said "Gaikoku no panku!" (shortened and half-@$$ translated to, you guessed it, Gaijinpunk).
And yes, I'm sure I've earned my place in the lowest Pantheon of Hell for doing it...:zombie:

yarri
Sep 22nd, 2011, 06:34 PM
@gaijinpunk.. sometimes its better to burn in hell

gaijinpunk
Sep 22nd, 2011, 07:03 PM
True.
It'll be BBQ every night, and the wine will be Californian...but hey, we'll all have to make sacrifices...:mad:

Amisiel
Sep 29th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Amisiel - its one of my three handles on numerous sites. I started out as Angel732 because I honestly couldn't think of anything else at the time, I then met a guy online (geripheth) who tried to convince me he could see "demons" and such inside of people, he then told me my "demon" name started with Ami so being the little punk I was I promptly googled demon names and came across Amisel which was said to be the demon of the sixth hour, so I started using it because its never taken. It later got shortened to Ami as im now known online because most people can't pronounce my real name Taija come on give it a try :D ahah

werewolf
Jan 20th, 2012, 09:47 PM
i took werewolf for several reasons. of all of the Hollywood movie monsters the wolfman was my favorite when i was a kid. I have a nice collection of werewolf movies.(good ones) Currently I am working on my second novel about werewolves. they are not your typical werewolves. The werewolves are more human than most humans.

so werewolves have been a part of all my life.

mathuect
Jan 20th, 2012, 10:41 PM
I have been using this username since I was 12, since I am too lazy to make another one. It started because I wanted to use Matthew, but it was taken. So I phonetically spelled it out and it worked. The ct part came from the website that I used it first because I went to another website and mathue was taken. So now you all know. nothing amazing or spectacular about it.