PDA

View Full Version : Colored and Marked and Tattooed Ones Oh My!

nikvoodoo
Mar 26th, 2011, 12:30 AM
I've just completed another full series listen through and a thought that had been festering before has now become a full blown nagging feeling. And that is this:

How many Pimp Ass Zombies are there?

Being strictly audio, there's a lot of information we do not currently have about the Super Pimp Bad Ass zombies we kind of all gravitate to and call kinda cool. And what do I mean by Pimp Ass Zombie? Oh you know...they are the baddies we love to hate (or hate to love...). The ones that can talk, that can run fast, can command legions, and run an entire Arena full of baddies... Lets talk through their appearances, shall we?

The Diner Zombie
Our first encounter with A Pimp Ass Zombie is in Chapter 5 Part 1 Lizzy, Burt and Saul encounter the One standing on the roof top of the diner. This is the first one we've seen coordinate an attack. Sure, up till now we've heard a lot of howling from the zombies, but it was always an en mass attack. This was a very coordinated thing where this one wasn't involved....it was just calling the shots. The only thing we know about this one is it's quick enough to move when it gets shot at, and it calls out for the attack and calls the attack off. This one is not physically described at all so we have no idea what it looks like, but only know how it acts.

The Arena Ordeal
After Michael apparently bites it Angel, Riley and Datu continue on towards the stadium and encounter Skittles who informs them of "The Colored One." He doesn't go so far as to describe him more than that before he runs away.

So we all know about Datu's little adventure in Zombie-Ville. He describes the one in the center of the arena's skin as "Weird looking" but never elaborates more than that. Is this the same one that Skittles was describing? More importantly, could this be the same one that Burt fired at on top of the diner? Or Is this one that no one has any knowledge of at all? It's hard to say because no one that is in the arena was also at the ambush site. So no one would be able to compare their looks. So if we think of it this way, we've encountered potentially two very dangerous and very competent zombies.

The Tower Saga
Now we return to the Tower after freeing Datu, and picking up Kalani. And we get to meet "It's Paul" or The Tattooed One or The One With the Markings (pick your moniker....but don't call him Ink aka Bill Roberts. That hasn't been proven and is only a theory). Is it the same as the one in center of the arena? Is this a different one than that? Maybe its that colored one Skittles mentioned? Is this now the 3rd potential pimp ass zombie we've encountered?

Kalani tells us at the end of Chapter 11-1 that the Tower was lucky to escape with just Paul as a casualty because this kind of attack has happened before. He says one got in the Other Tower and it unleashed the flood gates. Was this the same as the Tattooed One that just attacked the Tower?

Because your friend and mine, Kc, has confirmed this on the forum we know The Zombie we see on top of the adjacent building in Chapter 13 is the same as the zombie we see on top of the diner in Chapter 5. So at least we know that for a fact. But because the view of that one is so obstructed by steam and smoke, Michael can't describe what he looks like. All we know about this one (again) is that it moves quick, and commands it's legion without getting its hands dirty. Could this be the Arena Zombie? The Tattooed One? Or again, is this something else altogether?

Other Bits of Information
We haven't encountered another pimp ass zombie since chapter 13. We hear more about them from Skittles in 17-3, but all that does is confirm he was talking about the "One with Colored Markings." Kalani says he might have seen that one in the arena, but he isn't sure. Skittles has never seen it up close. The most frustrating part of all of this is no one has any concrete answers. Nothing is definite. Only supposition wrapped in a thin layer of misdirection. But I ask the question again: Is the one with the colored markings the same as the one in the Tower? The same as the one on top of the Diner and the Adjacent building?

In Conclusion
So what do you think WA fanatics? How many Pimp ass zombies are we talking about here? Is each and every one of these experiences the same Zombie? Is the One on Top of the Diner/Adjacent Building, the same as the One in the Arena? Are either of these the same one that attacked the Tower and killed Paul? What about the one who unleashed hell on the other Tower?

I'll let you have at it for a while before I jump in with my opinion. I'm interested to hear what you have to say.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand.......GO!

Yoyo
Mar 26th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Interesting list of all the Super Zombie appearances. I'm just wondering though if the same Diner Zombie was the one that let out the Super Roar that called off the mass attack. I mean its one thing to coordinate the attack and lead but too send off such a roar that comes from a great distance leads me to think there is a Them! greater than that zombie. Then again, it could be only just me thinking there as a great, mega awesome roar and none was actually audibly heard.

Other than that, I wonder if the Tatoo zombie had something to do with the zombie Doctor that attacked Bert Gunshop. That zombie basically did the same thing that the Tatoo one basically does in the city but at a smaller scale. Another thing about that zombie was it name tag that said Randon Labs (I'm thinking that what it spelled like) which is strikingly extraordinary. I'm willing to bet they will again showup later in the story as something having to do with the outbreak. I'm willing to bet even more money that they may have something to do with the behemoths in that they created them. Maybe even the Colored one too.

Oh and one more thing. I'm thinking that Color one commands the legions of normal Them! (and some of the behemoths too) everywhere outside GROUND ZERO. I'm certain stuff that goes on there rank up higher than even him.

j0be
Mar 26th, 2011, 03:39 PM
How many Pimp Ass Zombies are there?
Even though I kind of get what you were going at, technically, I would consider the behemoth's very "Pimp Ass". I know they don't command, but they are rare(r), operate alone, and are almost impossible to take down. They don't have other zombies waiting on them hand and foot, but hell, they can do what a small legion of zombies can do by themselves.

Because your friend and mine, Kc, has confirmed this on the forum we know The Zombie we see on top of the adjacent building in Chapter 13 is the same as the zombie we see on top of the diner in Chapter 5.
Have a post link?

Randon Labs (I'm thinking that what it spelled like)
Since the spelling in Chapter 3 was filled in by the VaultWiki, I can't be positive, but since KC hasn't corrected it I'm pretty sure it's spelled "Raydon Labs". (not sure where you got the 'n' from. Extra tile from Scrabble?

I'm thinking that Color one commands the legions of normal Them! (and some of the behemoths too)
Is this a guess, or is there any anecdotal evidence I missed?

nikvoodoo
Mar 26th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Even though I kind of get what you were going at, technically, I would consider the behemoth's very "Pimp Ass". I know they don't command, but they are rare(r), operate alone, and are almost impossible to take down. They don't have other zombies waiting on them hand and foot, but hell, they can do what a small legion of zombies can do by themselves.

Behemoths don't have the same intelligence to talk or command legions of zombies. I purposely left behemoths out of this post because they equate to The Juggernaut in the Marvel Universe. Stupid, can run forever, and can knock down just about anything in its path. I'm talking about the Magento's of the We're Alive universe with this post. That's why I had the description in the opening paragraph and titled the thread the way I did to disqualify the Behemoths. But yes, they are pretty kick ass and maybe we can start another thread dedicated to them soon.

Have a post link?
Yes (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?36-The-Tattooed-Zombie&p=269&viewfull=1#post269). Upon re-reading, it's not a confirmation as much as it is the evil Kc hint dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
I'm thinking that Color one commands the legions of normal Them! (and some of the behemoths too)
Is this a guess, or is there any anecdotal evidence I missed?

You attributed this quote to me. It wasn't. I haven't made my statement on what I believe yet.

j0be
Mar 26th, 2011, 03:56 PM
You attributed this quote to me. It wasn't. I haven't made my statement on what I believe yet.
Woops. Copypasta gone wrong. Will edit.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I'm going on record as saying I believe Ink to be the "colored one" and also the same one that got into both towers.
1. I think he put on clothes/suit to infiltrate both towers to appear more human. He got them to drop their defenses for a moment.

2. I'm pretty sure if he can talk and think clearly enough to remember and enter the gate code, he can drive a vehicle and set up an ambush.

3. It's already been proven (with empirical mathmatical) data how fast he can run

4. I believe he was toying (playing with his food) with tower 2 before Saul and crew arrived

Hey Nik, wouldn't the behemoths be the "Blobs" of the Marvelverse?

So far, the Behemoths haven't acted in concert with any other creatures. The only time they found close to others was during the escape from the Arena (Arrow head).. whom I shall now start calling "Custard."
Anything else I might add has been discussed ad nauseum on other threads and I don't want to digress here.

Yoyo
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I have a question maybe not thought of. What makes the Color one so special? I mean, is he more or less just a super doctor zombie? Like idk, beyond a I.Q. of over 200 to make him to retain a lot more of his human experience? Or could it be he was created as he seems special in that he is physcially different from other zombies in the way he looks.

Wicked Sid
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Do you remember that he may have been the one who called others when Lizzy and Todd first arrived... Very early appearance.

Also, when Saul went to the Mallers' hideout, he may have responded as soon as the guard fired the first burst.

nikvoodoo
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:43 PM
When I was originally writing this thread, I went back through and listened to every single zombie Howl we hear in the series. It's not just that time it could have been him. There are upwards of 20...

Wicked Sid
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Maybe The Tattooed One makes copies of himself, using other Smart Ones, marking their faces and training them to be Zods among Z's, to create the illusion that he may have been killed to other groups of survivors.

Zombiehead
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Maybe slow turners become leaders.

timberwoof
Mar 29th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Has anybody gone back to Chapter 2-3 and listened to the TiVo recordings at about minute 20? Go do it real quick and then reply to this and tell me what you think. HEHEHEHE

nikvoodoo
Mar 29th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Has anybody gone back to Chapter 2-3 and listened to the TiVo recordings at about minute 20? Go do it real quick and then reply to this and tell me what you think. HEHEHEHE

Yes sir. That is a hotly debated topic in the forums. As of now, its simply a juicy piece of information with no other storyline mention or confirmed sightings

timberwoof
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Oh I searched for the name and for some reason came up wig nothing.

nikvoodoo
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Oh I searched for the name and for some reason came up wig nothing.

When you search "ink" in the forums, it doesn't return results because the name is too short. If you type in "Roberts" you a lot more results which will direct you. Or I can just give you the link here (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?36-The-Tattooed-Zombie&highlight=roberts)

timberwoof
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Aight cool sorry about that.

nikvoodoo
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Aight cool sorry about that.

No worries at all!

Pete
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Maybe The Tattooed One makes copies of himself, using other Smart Ones, marking their faces and training them to be Zods among Z's, to create the illusion that he may have been killed to other groups of survivors.

Duuude... If That Is What Is Happening, That's Crazy.

timberwoof
Apr 6th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Got a question. In the Tower they described him as having being 6'06" with bright green eyes. What color to the other zombies have? I don't remember them saying, but I could be wrong.

nikvoodoo
Apr 6th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Got a question. In the Tower they described him as having being 6'06" with bright green eyes. What color to the other zombies have? I don't remember them saying, but I could be wrong.

I believe Michael described them as having cloudy eyes when he first encountered them on the road in Chapter 1.

timberwoof
Apr 6th, 2011, 10:47 PM
So this kinda contributes to the fact Ink is a unique one. In the tower he didn't describe his eyes as cloudy or anything else but bright green. Hmmm interesting information.

nikvoodoo
Apr 7th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Here's an update for you, and I'm honestly surprised no one jumped on me getting something this wrong ;)

I listened to The One With The Marking's assault on the Tower in chapter 11. After it runs away, Burt states he recognizes it as the one on the rooftop of the diner. If that's the case, The One With the Markings is also the one we see on the rooftop in Chapter 13. So...wonder if that brings us back down to one Pimp Ass Zombie or if there are two? Hmmmm........

mr boom95
May 5th, 2011, 02:17 AM
I was extremely moved during the episode of purgatory i was almost brought to tears when Samantha was taken away. It was a very powerful chapter.

While reading this chapter i kept wondering why the zombies were keeping prisoners in the room above the hockey stadium. Samantha said the they were just food for them. But that idea just didn't seem right to me. After Samantha was taken away and was "eaten". i began thinking about what if they weren't eating people in the center of the arena.

My theory is that someone is not eaten be the Colored One but infected with a special strain of the virus that turns them into one of the "really smart ones" similar to Paul, The colored one or what ever you want to call him. Where they are sentient and can communicate.

I reckon that Samantha has been turned into one of these "really smart ones" and will make a appearance in the probably far distant future of this series and cause some problems and maybe she wont be evil and will still be a little bit human and Samantha and Hope and Datu can live happily ever after.

Please post your thoughts about this and thank you for reading.

Snickelsox
May 5th, 2011, 06:36 AM
I agree with you that Samantha will most likely make an appearance. Living happily ever after maybe not. I feel like she will pin Datu and hope and they will have to take her down. This will probably give Datu a bit more closure or maybe just some more balls so he becomes awesome again instead of a pile of tears.

Rock Daddy
May 5th, 2011, 06:51 AM
I think this is a great idea. There must be a better reason why they captured those particular survivors alive. And I agree that she may come back in zombie form as a smart one. But I don't think she will show full compassion towards Datu & Hope. More like a "Please put me out of my misery before I kill you" scenario.

Teethingbiscuit
May 5th, 2011, 07:00 AM
I'd prefer her as food. In purgatory I felt like Datu watched her get eaten even thought Samantha told him not to. Closure enough for me.
In a hierarchy the higher on the tower you are the better you eat. What is better than an alive human(who just ate rancid corndogs)?
Teethingbiscuits

nikvoodoo
May 5th, 2011, 09:12 AM
I agree with TB. I have a very hard time imagining what I heard in Purgatory was anything but Datu watching Samantha be killed. Everything I heard points to that, including the abrupt cut off of her scream. If Datu was watching, as it is heavily implied, and something other than Samantha being killed was happening (ie. The Colored One started to have sex with Samantha to create a Little One....which by the way I think is a ridiculous theory) his reaction would have been stronger because of the violation of Samantha.

There is an expectation Datu had when Samantha was pulled to the center of the rink. If something else happened, I'm pretty sure Datu would have reacted to it.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 5th, 2011, 10:42 AM
I agree with TB. I have a very hard time imagining what I heard in Purgatory was anything but Datu watching Samantha be killed. Everything I heard points to that, including the abrupt cut off of her scream. If Datu was watching, as it is heavily implied, and something other than Samantha being killed was happening (ie. The Colored One started to have sex with Samantha to create a Little One....which by the way I think is a ridiculous theory) his reaction would have been stronger because of the violation of Samantha.

There is an expectation Datu had when Samantha was pulled to the center of the rink. If something else happened, I'm pretty sure Datu would have reacted to it.

Agreed. The center of the ring is, just that... the center. It's where "HE" holds court and it's also the where "HE" kills the people whom I'm going to say are saved especially for him. Like in nature, the Alpha male gets the best parts of any kill.
So, it kinda goes into his personality to kill as part spectator sport and to show his power.

Same died horribly and Datu watched the entire thing. That's why he's turned into such a cry baby. Even if Sam showed up later, no one would recognize her due to the mutation and defeats the purpose.

Those are my theories anyway.

Eviebae
May 5th, 2011, 01:04 PM
While reading this chapter i kept wondering why the zombies were keeping prisoners in the room above the hockey stadium.

Maybe because Ink is incredibly cruel and wants them to watch what is going to happen?

Didn't Samantha talk about watching her friends torn apart?

cycogod
May 5th, 2011, 02:21 PM
she's alive and prego with one of the little one's...inks special forces

mr boom95
May 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM
@Eviebae

perhaps Samantha's friends were not suitable to become one of the "really smart ones" like they wouldn't of reacted to the virus in the way or "the colored one" was hungary

wiffadabiffa
May 5th, 2011, 07:55 PM
@mr boom95
Still, some of Samantha's friends may have escaped their tower and started off somewhere else...they might be at the colony, or even the army base...you just never know exactly whats going to happen next.
I agree that Samantha might still exist...but as a specially infected 'zombie'

Grognaurd
May 16th, 2011, 08:58 AM
I have to agree that she is most likely not "food". Yes, she screams, but they are coherent and not shrill, so I infer that it is not pain. One of the last thing she says is Something like No, not you! Did she get dragged to the center that quickly and face the marked one? Did he meet her 1/2 way? Alternatively, is she surprised to see someone she knows? Most likely a "zombified" version. But, no evidence either way.

Grognaurd
May 16th, 2011, 09:18 AM
In "Purgatory" there is a tattooed zombie in the center of the Ice Rink. First blush would be this is the same zombie as "Paul". But, it really comes down to timing. Is the smart zombie able to do whatever he needs to do there and then move up to The Tower in the window of time between when the rescue party leaves and arrives at the Ice Rink. Either is possible.

Now, on to the one who kills Paul. It is really obvious that he is a smart one. But, one thing that I have not seen (I may have missed it, I am new) is after this Smart One kills Paul, he takes Paul's clothes. Yup. The probability that this zombie and Paul were wearing very similar outfits is slim. As a matter of fact, it probably would have been mentioned from the Security Camera shots. It is not like the story said, Dude, Nice Zuit Suit. LOL. So, this Zombie kills Paul and then takes the Zuit Suit to better impersonate Paul. As Saul says, something like, that's Paul, he always dresses like that.

Onward. If the Paul impersonating Zombie was smart enough to change clothes, could Zombie Tommie be smart enough to do the same thing? The face was damaged to the point of being unrecognizable, but they do recognize the clothes he was wearing. The Zombie Tommie would be a nice twist.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 16th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I can't wait for this theory to go poof! I'll eat my crowbar (with cheese) if all that screaming and Datu crying was just because she got infected. That would totaly discount everything Samatha had seen happen to the people before her.

Grognaurd
May 16th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Wow, a crowbar? I hope I am wrong. Well, you will not be anemic. He may slump away from the window when she passed out of view or just to avoid "seeing" it. If I am right. Just the cheese will be fine. Remember, her friends were a rescue party. They were not hand selected and captured by the zombies and therefore could be "food" not special purpose.

GD_Elite
Jul 15th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Okay, so I was going to make this into a blog entry but that was way too much effort.

So theres been alot of speculation about the one with the markings/pinstripe/Ink/Bill Roberts/"Paul" lately, especially with the latest series of events. So what I thought I would do is lay out the facts, so you can decide for yourself what really is going on there, without any misunderstandings or forgotten sections.

2-3 ~20: Tivo reports just before the outbreak it mentions that Bill Roberts who had his plea of insanity accepted. His nickname is "Ink" because he is covered from head to toe in tattoos. He was convicted of multiple homicides, outside Santa Monica last May. He was currently being transferred to a mental helath facility. He is paranoid-schizophrenic. The family itself is devastated. And being transferred to mental health facility again.

5-1 ~8: A car was moved by a zombie to make an ambush near a convoy. Lizzy says its on of "them", but something is different about it. He is stood on a rooftop of a diner, just watching Saul, Lizzy and Burt. He moved when they shot at him. It calls others.

9-1 ~14: Skittles says that he came from the direction of the Arena. Skittles starts to panic when they start heading towards the Arena. He says no place is safe and then starts screaming that "He'll get us".

9-2 ~1: Skittles says he is not a person any more. Skittles says he is more dangerous than a big one. Skittles then says he/his face is colored.

10-2 ~22: There are hundreds of zombies gathered around the arena. There is one in the centre, who has skin that is "weird looking".

11-1 ~6: When the gang gets back from the Arena, the door is open and the alarm is triggered. They get upstairs and it smells like zombies. Someone wearing a grey pinstripe suit is facing away from them and banging on a door. A corpse with most of its head missing is lying there. Saul says he looks familiar. Burt speaks to the 'person'. It puts its hands in the air. It says "help us". Burt says he doesn't look familiar. Saul says that he thinks its Paul, and that Paul always dresses like that. It then says "It's Paul". Angel asks where everyone else is. It points upstairs. When Pegs is trying to get to them, and Saul and Michael are trying to take the rifle off Burt, it snarls and runs towards them. Burt shoots it twice in the chest. Pegs says that the corpse is Paul. Pegs tells Burt to shoot it again, but Burt says he is out of rounds. At this moment, it rises to its feet, it was at least 6 and a half feet tall. Michael narrates that there wasn't a patch of skin that wasn't covered in one tattoo or another. It has green eyes and crooked and broken teeth. It laughs. When it sees Sauls knife, it turns to run and escapes out of a second floor window. It lets out a howl, as Burt hits it in the hand from long distance. Burt says it didn't slow it down. Burt says its the same one as the one at the ambush site. Pegs says that it was the one in pinstripes who attacked Paul. No other zombies were in the building. Lizzy says that the zombie called out to them, and Paul shouted down the code so that it could get in, and after a few attempts it got in. He also said "Okay" when they called it down. It kept its back to the camera. Paul opened the door to check, but it pounced on him. Later, Kalani says that the other tower got over-run under similar circumstances to what just happened, saying "he gets around". He says he didn't see anything, but it "feels the same".

13-3 ~5: Michael spots a lone zombie on a nearby rooftop. It let out a cry, and the zombies changed their strategy. Burt aims at the figure, but it move when he takes the shot. Another howl is heard, and the zombies start to leave.

17-3 ~16: Skittles says the worst kind is the coloured one, or the one with the markings. He says you only see him once and then you're dead. Angel asks if he meant the one with colored markings/ the one with tattoos. Skittles says markings. Skittles tells Angel that he shouldn't have gone to the Arena. Angel asks if it is the same one Burt, Michael and Saul saw, and Kalani asks if it was the same one he saw. Skittles says he doesn't know.

21-1 ~11: Lizzy says that she saw the man in the pinstriped suit near the mallers ambush site.

Chapter 23 cover art: Suit looks similar to chapter 11. Closer look shows an injury on it's hand.

23-3 ~5: In a mental hospital, near to rooms which are quite possibly where little ones and big ones were being made. Kalani says it is the same one from the Arena. It laughs, and then catches an arrow, without even trying to get Kalani and Riley. Riley narrates that it was holding the arrow in its decrepit hand.

Okay so thats it.

A lot of people believe that there are more than one of these. I don't. Heres why:
Kalani says that the one in the Arena is the same as the hospital one. The hospital encounter has injured hand, and art shows similar looking suit to Chapter 11 art, meaning it is the same as in the tower. Burt said tower zombie was from first ambush site. Lizzy says that the Maller convoy ambush was led by pinstripes, so these 5encounters are the same zombie. Michael says its covered in tattoos, which make it very likely to be Bill Roberts/Ink, and is probably the same one as Skittles is thinking of, seeing as he said it had markings, and that it was in the direction of the Arena. As for the one who attacked the other tower, we only have Kalanis word for that, and maybe Skittles' (If you believe he is from the other tower). Also, we have no proof that the one on another building during the war, is this same one. Just that they both have the ability to control zombies.

However, there is still tons of mystery surrounding this guy.
1. Why didn't he call in more zombies to invade the tower, once he had got through the front door, instead just tapping on the door that a few survivors were in?
2. How the hell can he catch arrows, both for strength and dexterity?
3. How did he know there was an arrow about to fly towards him?
4. Why didn't he do anything about having an arrow shot at him?
5. How has he retained so much intelligence, as well as the ability to talk and understand numbers?
6. Why is he making different kinds of zombies? (presumably)
7. What did he get up to at the Arena?
8. How does he have the ability to lead other zombies?

Anyway I've said my bit. And you have the facts up top. The title says make up your own mind. And since I didn't make this into a blog, feel free to discuss this mysterious character, with some points that are backed up with facts.

yarri
Jul 15th, 2011, 05:48 PM
5-1 ~8: A car was moved by a zombie to make an ambush near a convoy. Lizzy says its on of "them", but something is different about it. He is stood on a rooftop of a diner, just watching Saul, Lizzy and Burt. He moved when they shot at him. It calls others.

However, there is still tons of mystery surrounding this guy.
1. Why didn't he call in more zombies to invade the tower, once he had got through the front door, instead just tapping on the door that a few survivors were in?
2. How the hell can he catch arrows, both for strength and dexterity?
3. How did he know there was an arrow about to fly towards him?
4. Why didn't he do anything about having an arrow shot at him?
5. How has he retained so much intelligence, as well as the ability to talk and understand numbers?
6. Why is he making different kinds of zombies? (presumably)
7. What did he get up to at the Arena?
8. How does he have the ability to lead other zombies?

Anyway I've said my bit. And you have the facts up top. The title says make up your own mind. And since I didn't make this into a blog, feel free to discuss this mysterious character, with some points that are backed up with facts.

Damn it! I can't rep you again and this is a rep worthy post!!!!.
My next blog is on Ink so this is especially excellent.

My idea on 5-1~8 is I don't think that was Ink
My answers to questions
1. Why didn't he bring in his zombie horde to much the tower? IF he is Bill "Ink" Roberts. He would be more interested in the gratification he would get from the up close and personal kill. He showed that in the Arena when he killed Samantha. He likes to play with his food.
2. Arrow catch. He is an enhanced creature as well as the smartest of all the zombies we have seen so far. I don't see a reason why he couldn't catch an arrow.
3. All the zombies have shown enhanced senses such as hearing, sight, smell... also strength and agility would come into it. What's to say Ink didn't hear them
4. Why retaliate and end the fun of chasing them and tormenting them by dealing with them at that moment.
5. High IQ. Burt said the smarter you are in life the smarter you are in death. Perhaps we can deduce that Ink retained more functional brain tissue after the zombie infection took him.
6. This one is hard to answer...
7. I think he solidified his control over the lesser zombies built a comfortable nest and enjoyed all sorts of nasty goodness with what ever human his minions could catch for him.
8. he is the smartest and most charismatic of the zombie horde. A natural pack alpha. Its logical to see him as the leader.

Conf
Jul 18th, 2011, 04:50 AM
So I was just going back and re listening to season one. I noticed that when they are in some random room listening to the Tivo recording of the attacks the TV makes mention of a serial killer covered in tattoos being transported to a mental hospital, I think the called him "Ink" too.

So is INK the man in the pinstripe suit? if the zombie virus makes you just as smart in undeath as you are in like then maybe the crazier and more sadistic you are in life the worse you are in undeath?

just a thought that seemed cool

TLDR: pinstripe zombie is a serial killer named Ink

ZombE
Jul 18th, 2011, 10:25 AM
In chapter two part three when Lizy is going through that guys TVo...the news man talks about a guy with tattoos all over and is being transfered to a mental hospital...Maybe the man with the markings from "R&R"?burt:)

j0be
Jul 18th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Definitely could be. There were many threads of theories about the mental institution and Bill Roberts. :D

ShezgottaSmilez
Jul 18th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Does anyone remember in start of season 1, Lizzy was going through peoples tv's in the tower and found a recording of news station talking about a schizophrenia serial killer was sentence to jail right before the tv signail cut off.

I always thought he was the big zombie, the one at the arena or hospital. Because if I remember correctly the newsreporter before talking about the riots and signing off mention he was going to mental hospital. I always thought he has connection somehow with the zombie outbreak

nikvoodoo
Jul 18th, 2011, 01:12 PM
This was the third time in 12 hours I have merged an identical thread regarding the TiVo/ink in chapter 2 and the pinstriped/towtm in the rest of the story. Follow the rules and look around before you post a new thread! (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?828-Rules-and-Regulation)

Creem_Filling
Jul 18th, 2011, 01:14 PM
This was the third time in 12 hours I have merged an identical thread regarding the TiVo/ink in chapter 2 and the pinstriped/towtm in the rest of the story. Follow the rules and look around before you post a new thread!

Lol. I noticed that. I keep seeing these threads pop up.

Th3_T3ch
Jul 19th, 2011, 08:20 PM
So here is what I think. There is one, maybe two, "pimp ass zombies". I prefer to call them Master Zombies as it fits. They control other zombies, but don't control all of them (I also don't like the "Queen Zombie" Theory). The one on the Diner and the one that Burt recognized is the man in the pin-striped suit. Lizzy remarks seeing the man in the pin-striped suit when he ambushes the maller convoy. The colored one might be in a different faction of zombies, but that might be wrong (as this is an assumption). If the pin-striped one was using Cain General Hospital as his base and the Colored One was using the arena as his base it would make sense. Pin-stripes seems to be focused on taking out harder opponents and creating new zombs and the Colored One seems to be focused solely on feeding and enjoying a "good time".

HardKor
Jul 19th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Alright first off, I searched to see if this topic has been covered in one thread yet and didn't find anything. So If I missed it feel free to do the merge thing.

So there has been a lot of debate about whether the various sightings of "The One With The Markings"/"The Colored One"/"Ink"/"The One in the Pinstripe Suit" are all the same zombie or if there are multiple zombies fitting this basic description out there. I'm going to go ahead and stake my claim on the theory that there is, in fact, one and only one godking zombie pimp and that he is (or was), in fact, Bill Roberts aka "Ink" from the TiVo recording.

And here is my exhaustive reasoning why I think this:
From what we know about this Bill Roberts, he was a criminally insane sociopath who was sentenced to a mental health facility near time of the outbreak. We also know he was covered head to toe in a bodysuit of tattoos.
With this information in mind, let us now look at the various incidents involving "Ink" like zombies. The zombie that broke into the Tower was described as wearing a pinstripe suit and having "markings" on its skin. Bill Roberts would have been wearing a suit during the outbreak if he had just left court, and of course the "markings" could be tattoos. Its true those markings could be something else, but as we've seen this zombie more and more its looking less likely.
Aside from the pinstripe suit and the markings, we also know this zombie was shot in the hand by Burt. The zombie in Cain Mental Hospital in 23-3 was described as having a disfigured hand. He was also identified by Kalani as being the same one from the Arena, providing us with a connection between the zombie at the Arena, the one from the hospital, and the one who attacked the Tower and killed Paul.
We also know that the zombie that attacked the Tower was the same one that set up the ambush of the Maller convoy, since Lizzie recognized it as the "the man in the pinstripe suit." There was recognition in her description.
And finally to tie all of these zombie sightings back to the original "Ink," Bill Roberts: the zombie in the mental hospital had apparently built itself a homemade tattoo gun. It would make sense for Ink, a mental patient who could very well have had ties to that hospital, to retain a compulsion for tattooing considering the amount of ink he had on his body.
Whew, that was a lot of typing. OK so there's my spiel. What does everyone else think? Agree with me, or tell me that my theory is bad and that I should feel bad :p
Your turn

Zombiehead
Jul 19th, 2011, 11:30 PM
It wasn't until this past episode that I'm beginning to believe this theory of their being multiple Super Smarties lurking in the WA world. I'm not so sure which one is Big Boss, but this latest creature in the hospital appears to surpass the intelligence of the one that visited the Tower (or maybe it knew one of them?). There's no way to prove that of course nor do I have anything to back up the idea that they're were a psychotic cult of Frankensteins in their former life. Going back to the ant theory, some ants build satellite Colonies with it's own set of leaders. What if the Arena (now hospital) was just a satellite being run by these marked ones? Anyway that's just me pulling stuff out of thin air, but yeah, I believe there's more than one leader/talker/Super Smartie creature.

nikvoodoo
Jul 19th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Make that 4 times in 36 hours I have merged an identical thread into this thread regarding ink, the TiVo and how many pimp ass zombies there might be.

GD_Elite
Jul 20th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Perhaps the title is confusing. Colored and Marked and Tattooed ones oh my isn't the first thing that people are going to search for...

On topic: all the physical appearances of this guy seem to make it appear as though there is one pimp-ass zombie. (see my previous post). The best argument for that there are multiple ones are the personalities. I think this might have been covered before, but could the scizophrenia be something to do with random personalities at different times?

nikvoodoo
Jul 20th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I will grant that when a thread is buried 8 pages back, people are likely to miss it. Once it makes it back to the front page of the theories section, there's not much of an excuse.

Schizophrenia is not the same thing as Multiple Personality Disorder (or Dissociative Personality Disorder). Schizophrenia is marked by auditory/visual hallucinations, difficulties in communication, and "negative" emotions (meaning a basic lack in emotions as far as I can interpret). Dissociative Personality Disorder is the appearance of two or more distinct personalities. Ink was deemed a paranoid schizophrenic by the court system (which is really hard to do in America's legal system), so he must really be messed in the head.

Regardless of that, could it be that whatever caused the outbreak affected those with mental illness differently? Especially ones as messed in the head as Bill Roberts obviously was? Could be.

I am leaning towards there being only one as well, but I can see why and how there could be more than one. And when you think about it, the incident in the Tower is the lone stand out in terms of the personality differences. But only right at the end of the confrontation. Up until the point The Tattooed One turned to attack and got shot by Burt, it was pretty similar to the other encounters.

Th3_T3ch
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:54 PM
The more I think about it, the more it all fits together. We have the Colored One, who kept a stronghold of biters and food at the arena (he also like to play with his food), then we have the One in the Pin-striped Suit, who actively goes after the threats to any biters and seems to be creating or morphing biters in Cain General. I think they have two factions that don't actively go after each other.

Think of this, Skittles says that the Colored One is in the Arena. Pin-Stripes shows up at the tower and at a further west point on the map. Colored One is Tattooed from head to two (most likely). Pin-Stripes can pass for a human (i.e. the tower mistaking him for Paul). The Colored One was at the Arena when Datu and Kalani were rescued. Pin-Stripes was in the Tower when the rescue team got back from the Arena.

Two biter factions in two different locations. We need a territory map for their area. Also, I believe that Pin-Stripes came from Ground Zero and that the Colored One is Bill Roberts.

GD_Elite
Jul 21st, 2011, 03:48 AM
When I first listened through, I thought there was two. But when I listened a second time I noticed that the one who went to into the tower was wearing a pinstripe suit AND was covered in tattoos. Skittles describes the one in the Arena as being colored, and coming from someone who has lost his mind, surely that means the same as tattooed.

The thing that I'm not sure about with the one with the markings is why he didn't call in others to take the tower, because Kalani said that is what happened with the other tower.

ShezgottaSmilez
Jul 21st, 2011, 09:15 AM
Maybe there all becoming a super zombie, all eating each other, draging there zombie dead back to arena etc, and merge there bodies with live humans to become bigger and stronger?

nikvoodoo
Jul 21st, 2011, 09:46 AM
The more I think about it, the more it all fits together. We have the Colored One, who kept a stronghold of biters and food at the arena (he also like to play with his food), then we have the One in the Pin-striped Suit, who actively goes after the threats to any biters and seems to be creating or morphing biters in Cain General. I think they have two factions that don't actively go after each other.

Think of this, Skittles says that the Colored One is in the Arena. Pin-Stripes shows up at the tower and at a further west point on the map. Colored One is Tattooed from head to two (most likely). Pin-Stripes can pass for a human (i.e. the tower mistaking him for Paul). The Colored One was at the Arena when Datu and Kalani were rescued. Pin-Stripes was in the Tower when the rescue team got back from the Arena.

Two biter factions in two different locations. We need a territory map for their area. Also, I believe that Pin-Stripes came from Ground Zero and that the Colored One is Bill Roberts.

The issue is that Pinstripes is the one that is covered from head to toe in tattoos, not the colored one by your assessment. And Skittles has changed his description to be The One With the Markings vs. the Colored One so we once again talk ourselves into a circle because nobody in the story can just use the same damn descriptive terms for this guy/guys.

Way back when, I did some math to figure out how fast The Man in the Pinstriped Suit escaped the tower using the distances Michael called out, and I figured he was capable of traveling 89 miles per hour. Kc, however, shot it down saying we were getting a little crazy but the math doesn't lie....unless of course Michael is that bad at figuring distances.

If *insert your preferred name here* can actually travel that fast, he'd be capable of beating the rescue team back to the Tower after the events of Purgatory. And can you just imagine it? Some dude in a pinstripe suit doing the sickest Parkour through L.A....that'd be awesome to see :)

GD_Elite
Jul 21st, 2011, 09:54 AM
I think KC said shot you down because time was meant to be slowed down in that section. However, if he has some super strength and dexterity, then runnings not too much of a stretch. Also, if it can in fact run faster than the average biter, that would explain how it gets to be in so many places.

nikvoodoo
Jul 21st, 2011, 11:34 AM
I think KC said shot you down because time was meant to be slowed down in that section. However, if he has some super strength and dexterity, then runnings not too much of a stretch. Also, if it can in fact run faster than the average biter, that would explain how it gets to be in so many places.

That's what I figured Kc was doing, but I wasn't accounting for the time Burt was aiming. I calculated from the time Michael called 100 meters to 300 meters which was approximately 5 seconds (11-1 10:50-11:00 to get the before and after). Its usually pretty easy to tell when Kc starts using bullet time.

Though, now that I just relistened and timed it more accurately using Audacity, it's actually 6.2 seconds, meaning the man escaping was traveling at 74.5 mph away from the Tower (119km/h for the rest of the world) which isn't humanly possible. But once again, it's all down to the accuracy of Michael's calls of the distance.

So here's the equation: (v=t/d): 200m/6.2s= 33.33 m/s.

As I pointed out when I first did the math, think of it this way: Usain Bolt can't even do a 100m dash in 6.2 seconds. So even if Michael's distances were off by 50 meters or so The Pinstriped Suit bro-seph was still running faster than humans are capable of (record fastest sprint is 26.7 mph from what I can find)

.....I think I owe both Mr. Shelton, and Mr. Wheton apologies. I apparently will indeed use math and physics outside of high school....

Th3_T3ch
Jul 21st, 2011, 02:32 PM
Nik and everybody else, I didn't think about this at first. What if Pin-stripes has similar traits to a jumper, meaning that he can fly across LA without needing to touch the ground more than a few times. Kc, If I'm making a crackpot theory please tell me... oh wait, you probably won't tell me considering you let me create one about Kalani ( I still think its right), but I digress. If Pin-Stripes can jump like a jumper, then he could very well make it to the Tower seconds after the rescue team shows up.

I still think that there are two different Master Zombies because the behavioral pattern of the two are completely different. Pin-Stripes uses traps and infiltrates. Colored One/ The One with the Markings collects "food" and played with it in the arena.

Creem_Filling
Jul 21st, 2011, 03:07 PM
Nik and everybody else, I didn't think about this at first. What if Pin-stripes has similar traits to a jumper, meaning that he can fly across LA without needing to touch the ground more than a few times. Kc, If I'm making a crackpot theory please tell me... oh wait, you probably won't tell me considering you let me create one about Kalani ( I still think its right), but I digress. If Pin-Stripes can jump like a jumper, then he could very well make it to the Tower seconds after the rescue team shows up.

As far as we know, jumpers could not go that far. Sure, one jumped from building to building, but that doesn't mean he can cross LA with a couple hops. And yes they're fast, but they're as fast as cars and cars couldn't get you to destinations in seconds. Plus, I'm pretty sure it's physically impossible for a human to be that fast.

nikvoodoo
Jul 21st, 2011, 03:44 PM
I still think that there are two different Master Zombies because the behavioral pattern of the two are completely different. Pin-Stripes uses traps and infiltrates. Colored One/ The One with the Markings collects "food" and played with it in the arena.

The behavior pattern is what I was mentioning on WND 21. That's why I think they could be different, but if it's just the same guy it wouldn't shock me either. Everyone has different facets to their personality, stands to reason the zombies would as well.

I love a good mystery!

Creem, I think what th3_t3ch was suggesting was the ability to leap across the city in multiple bounds. Even if they could only jump 50 feet laterally, it would be quicker than driving because you would avoid all the obstacles in the road.

GD_Elite
Jul 22nd, 2011, 05:16 AM
Interesting. When talking to Skittles, Angel says that he didn't see the one with the markings, but Burt, Michael and Saul did. I'm pretty sure that he was there when they first met "it's Paul". Could this be a loophole/inconsistency?

Th3_T3ch
Jul 22nd, 2011, 05:17 AM
As far as we know, jumpers could not go that far. Sure, one jumped from building to building, but that doesn't mean he can cross LA with a couple hops. And yes they're fast, but they're as fast as cars and cars couldn't get you to destinations in seconds. Plus, I'm pretty sure it's physically impossible for a human to be that fast.

I am well aware of the limitations of jumpers. Nik is correct in saying that I think Pin-stripes would be faster jumping than running. What we see after the rescue team gets back to the tower is that Pin-stripes can take shots to the hand, jump out of at least three-story height, and run off into the distance avoiding Burt's shots. Pin-stripes really is a Pimp ass zombie.

nikvoodoo
Jul 22nd, 2011, 07:59 AM
Interesting. When talking to Skittles, Angel says that he didn't see the one with the markings, but Burt, Michael and Saul did. I'm pretty sure that he was there when they first met "it's Paul". Could this be a loophole/inconsistency?

Angel made it back to the action before "its paul" jumped out. This is either a loophole or angel was lying to skittles.

ebeam
Sep 4th, 2011, 03:35 PM
you can see things without being able to take note of what is happening, maybe Angle saw him jump but because of the otherthings going on his attention was not on "its paul"

Penguin
Sep 9th, 2011, 06:27 AM
I believe that the "colored one" is the guy from the tevo.. the man that they were talking about taking to the mental hospital.. because later on when Riley tries to kill the "colored one" what part of the hospital are they in? the mental part.

Devilish Pizza
Sep 15th, 2011, 01:28 PM
First things first, I am of the opinion that Roberts is TOWTM, and that there are multiple pimp asses around the States/World, but just TOWTM in LA.....
Personally, I hope that his super intellect in comparison to the regular biter is not due to his paranoid schizophrenia. If this is the case there should be quite a few more than one, as the prevalence for schizophrenia is about 1 person per 200 population, and paranoid schizophrenia is the most common sub-type.
With that in mind, one would expect there to be hundreds of them given LA's ~4 million population around when the outbreak began. There must be something much more sinister at work there.

Zombie-Bane
Sep 17th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Ok, my thoughts.

bill Roberts is the one with markings. He became a zombie when the government tried a new drug on him to cure his insanity. He turned into a zombie and began attacking people, turning them. He is more intelligent because he has the orginal drug in him. He takes people to the hospital trying to recreate what was done to him. That is why they are different from biters.

Daddy Doom Bar
Sep 17th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Ok, my thoughts.

bill Roberts is the one with markings. He became a zombie when the government tried a new drug on him to cure his insanity. He turned into a zombie and began attacking people, turning them. He is more intelligent because he has the orginal drug in him. He takes people to the hospital trying to recreate what was done to him. That is why they are different from biters.
I agree. My theory about the outbreak being a drug test (whether its for warfare or just plain genetic engineering like the 28 Days Later Rage virus) ties in with this. I always thought Roberts was TOWTM, and that he's the original Nosferatu/zombie/infected. I think he got lose whilst being tested on and released whatever gas/drug was tested on him. That's what the funny air is at ground zero. Had Victor and Pegs stayed any longer they'd have turned, too.
The only thing is the news report that states there were riots in other cities, as well as internationally. Which suggest multiple outbreaks. Alien invasion? Perhaps it's an alien virus the government were testing on Roberts....I dunno....everything I think of has some hole in it somewhere.

Methusalah1897
Nov 3rd, 2011, 07:48 PM
Phew... okay so i just did my due diligence and read all 7 pages so as not to repost too horribly.

I was just introduced to this two weeks ago by a good friend of mine, so I listened to the whole thing all the way through in about 10 days. I have just started relistening to it today and got all the way through 4 and decided i needed to confer with some folk, so here i am. Pardon me if this gets long, but i have a lot floating around in my head right now.

My thoughts:

1. I think Bill Roberts, Ink, The Colored One, The One With Markings, Its Paul, and Pinstripes are all the same. I will cite an early post in this thread with all the evidence to support this ... (The whole post is on page 4)

Okay, so I was going to make this into a blog entry but that was way too much effort.

...and now i will provide one new thought that i haven't seen anyone spell out yet. (Though i have gotten the vibe that others are thinking it.) Several people have mentioned that there are two different hives of Zombies. The arena and the hospital. I believe these are one and the same. The mallers blew up the arena, and as such, the hive needed a new place, so they migrated. Unfortunately for Burt, Kalani, Riley and Angel, the whole hive happened to show up while they were there at the hospital.

2. Ink et al. i do not argue he is a sadistic bastard, although, i don't believe sadism is his motivation. I think he is using his intelligence to gather intelligence. For instance, in It's Paul. He may have only attempted to get into the tower, because he knew the best fighters (who he has already seen out and about several times) were gone. And he was smart enough to play dead... until Burt says he is out of ammo then *boom* he's up and out. Then there are all the "on a rooftop" sightings which seems like pretty cut and dry intel collection to me. And i think when he ran into Riley and Kalani in the hospital, he was likely just as surprised to find them there are they were him. He was probably just the first one in the building, heading back to his nastiness he knew was there. Then he laughed because he knew that surely they had seen his handiwork (which i currently have not developed a theory on that i am willing to share) and knew there was little more he needed to do to make them wet themselves after seeing all that. Or he may have been laughing because he knew his entire hive was swarming the building and figured there was no reason for him to chase them down because there was no way they would make it out alive.

3. I believe that Ink was patient zero. (i think i kinda stole that name half from a video game and half from doctor who but you get what i am saying) So in the aforementioned aforementioned aforementioned aforementioned aforementioned Tivo recording, because lizzy is blipping around with the controller, we specifically here the phrase "He is CURRENTLY being transferred to a mental health facility" twice. I don't think he ever got there. Furthermore, i think that ground zero, is where he was able to escape/kill/eat his escort/guards and so began the apocalypse. I realize this doesn't explain the international or even opposite coast outbreaks, at least not as written, but I'm working on that bit. I am also not opposed to the idea that he was being transported with some sort of experimental gas they were trying to use on him to "correct" him when maybe they got into an accident, it leaked, and happens to have a nasty, transferable, side effect on not-so-crazy people.

4. I am sure I will get some flak for this one, and I dont have a lot of what you might call "evidence" to support it, however, I am not entirely convinced that Ink et al. is even a Zombie and not still in fact a person. Or at least person totally tweaked out of his skull. Okay so maybe not a person, but not a Zombie either. Somewhere between.

nikvoodoo
Nov 3rd, 2011, 08:20 PM
4. I am sure I will get some flak for this one,

And here it comes!!!

and I dont have a lot of what you might call "evidence" to support it, however, I am not entirely convinced that Ink et al. is even a Zombie and not still in fact a person. Or at least person totally tweaked out of his skull. Okay so maybe not a person, but not a Zombie either. Somewhere between.

There's actually more evidence against it by the super human qualities he's exhibited. Specifically speed. If we believe the zombies can perform acts the regular survivors can't, then Ink definitely falls into at least your tweener category of not human/not zombie, or full fledged zombie.

Not to mention he got shot in the chest twice (I think it was twice) and got up and still jumped out a window and sprinted away. I'd vote for definitely not human.

7oddisdead
Nov 4th, 2011, 01:16 AM
The thing I wonder is....if this was all just an experiment gone wrong....what if ink/towm is a version of experiment gone right?

wh33t
Dec 2nd, 2011, 12:27 PM
Ok so another thought I just had on top of my other thoughts.

What if "Ink" isn't a zombie? Apparently he's schizophrenic... What if he was a Scientist at one point or something and went crazy? Radiation experiment gone bad? I base this upon the fact that Michael is noted saying "they were not human anymore, not with those eyes". The zombies eyes are described as cloudy and lifeless from my memories and Inks eyes are described as green right? Dun dun dun. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The issue is that Pinstripes is the one that is covered from head to toe in tattoos, not the colored one by your assessment. And Skittles has changed his description to be The One With the Markings vs. the Colored One so we once again talk ourselves into a circle because nobody in the story can just use the same damn descriptive terms for this guy/guys.

Way back when, I did some math to figure out how fast The Man in the Pinstriped Suit escaped the tower using the distances Michael called out, and I figured he was capable of traveling 89 miles per hour. Kc, however, shot it down saying we were getting a little crazy but the math doesn't lie....unless of course Michael is that bad at figuring distances.

If *insert your preferred name here* can actually travel that fast, he'd be capable of beating the rescue team back to the Tower after the events of Purgatory. And can you just imagine it? Some dude in a pinstripe suit doing the sickest Parkour through L.A....that'd be awesome to see :)

Man that would be slick to see! The parkour that is.

In "Purgatory" there is a tattooed zombie in the center of the Ice Rink. First blush would be this is the same zombie as "Paul". But, it really comes down to timing. Is the smart zombie able to do whatever he needs to do there and then move up to The Tower in the window of time between when the rescue party leaves and arrives at the Ice Rink. Either is possible.

Now, on to the one who kills Paul. It is really obvious that he is a smart one. But, one thing that I have not seen (I may have missed it, I am new) is after this Smart One kills Paul, he takes Paul's clothes. Yup. The probability that this zombie and Paul were wearing very similar outfits is slim. As a matter of fact, it probably would have been mentioned from the Security Camera shots. It is not like the story said, Dude, Nice Zuit Suit. LOL. So, this Zombie kills Paul and then takes the Zuit Suit to better impersonate Paul. As Saul says, something like, that's Paul, he always dresses like that.

Onward. If the Paul impersonating Zombie was smart enough to change clothes, could Zombie Tommie be smart enough to do the same thing? The face was damaged to the point of being unrecognizable, but they do recognize the clothes he was wearing. The Zombie Tommie would be a nice twist.

Paul and Ink are both wearing suits at the same time during Inks appearance in the tower right? Doesn't that discredit that he took clothing from Paul and hint at something even more sinister? The fact that Ink has the intelligence to go out and find clothing that looks similar as someone he's trying to impersonate? That shit's terrifying.

she's alive and prego with one of the little one's...inks special forces

If Samantha was dragged and caught and kept for something other than food, perhaps breeding like you say why would they also capture Kalani. Perhaps Kalani is more than just a tasty morsel? I dunno... seems stretching this theory a bit.

I have a question maybe not thought of. What makes the Color one so special? I mean, is he more or less just a super doctor zombie? Like idk, beyond a I.Q. of over 200 to make him to retain a lot more of his human experience? Or could it be he was created as he seems special in that he is physcially different from other zombies in the way he looks.

Aye, I've had a theory that Raydon labs, Ink and perhaps also Durai are all linked through some kind of experimentation. Perhaps a behavioral drug or technique gone terribly wrong.

wh33t
Dec 2nd, 2011, 12:41 PM
And here it comes!!!

There's actually more evidence against it by the super human qualities he's exhibited. Specifically speed. If we believe the zombies can perform acts the regular survivors can't, then Ink definitely falls into at least your tweener category of not human/not zombie, or full fledged zombie.

Not to mention he got shot in the chest twice (I think it was twice) and got up and still jumped out a window and sprinted away. I'd vote for definitely not human.

I posted this in another thread but it's super relevant to this as well. Has anyone considered the significance of Michael saying that "Inks" eyes are green? He says that right? And in the beginning of the story Michael clearly states that he could tell the Zombies where not human by talking about their eyes but says nothing about the Zombies eyes being brilliantly green.

Grognaurd
Dec 8th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Roberts / Ink / TOWTM and the pinstripe suit.

In court and sometimes in transportation, the subject of the trial is not forced the where the orange jump suit. At first I took his suit as the clothes of Paul. Sunsequently, I have change my position and think that Roberts / Ink were dressed up really nice for transport.

Green eyes -- I also noted this. Maybe green eyes are genitcally linked to "Special" zombies.

I will also note that by coincidence or design Lizzy has green eyes. In Chapter 1, they were called "blue" as part of being pretty. It was redacted to green. My belief is just about every thing is important or it will not be there.

Eyes,
Lizzy -- Dinner together Chapter 2 Blue Redacted to Green
Lizzy -- Chlorform Blood sweat and fears I think Saul says open those green eyes
Lizzy -- Furniture store Tar says pretty green eyes can not recall title or chapter. But, it is the chapter after about last night

Zombies cloudy eyes
Pegs, brown eyes Chapter 1 just after she jumps into the hummer
Edward scissor kitty, I mean Mr. Whiskers' are not cloudy. Chapter 1 part 3 or chapter 2 part one maybe
Pinstripe suit / talking zombie has green eyes. Confrontation in Tower July 3rd. Chapter 10 part 3 maybe?

Chapter 2 I think Saul says Burt is not dead. He is still one of us. Look at his eyes. We do not know the color, but we know Burt does not have cataracks (spelling?)

I do not recall any other connection to eyes

Wow, maybe I have listened to this a few too many times. NAH! Season 3 psyche!

Anhysbys
Dec 13th, 2011, 08:32 PM
It's obviously Aliens.

It seems that most of the smart zombies are based off of intelligence gathered, I know for a fact that IQ has nothing to do with intelligence. Firsthand *cough* I'm stupid *cough*.

"I have a question maybe not thought of. What makes the Color one so special? I mean, is he more or less just a super doctor zombie? Like idk, beyond a I.Q. of over 200 to make him to retain a lot more of his human experience? Or could it be he was created as he seems special in that he is physcially different from other zombies in the way he looks."

Ignore the below fancy, fancy nerd talk if you don't want to be bored.
The high IQ idea seems plausible however, since it tends to go hand in hand with smarts. Although I have to be my regular smartypants self and say that an IQ even close to 200 is improbable, dang near impossible (a probability of .0000000000131549262) meaning if we take the world population and multiply it just by the probablility there would be .0899864651 people currently alive with an IQ atleast 200 (figuratively). This is going off a mean IQ of 100 and the Standard Deviation of 15, which sadly is generous. Average IQ is steadily declining and around year 2000 was an average of 89.2

Either way I think of Ink/Pinstripe as Case: Zero allowing for the most time as a zombie, thus leading to a belief that he had more time to "evolve". The most likely reason that Ink ran approximately 89 mph away from the tower is mostly just to prevent Burt from being able to make the shot. Since if Ink/Pinstripe was running at a plausible speed Burt should be able to hit him. A minor plothole just used to drive the story. He was suffering from Paranoid Schizophrenia maybe owing to that he could've been suffering from Z1N1 before then.

headlessstew
Jan 4th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Does anyone else remember the news broadcast early on in the tivo? the one that mentioned a tattooed criminal
being put on trial? i think that he's the marked one, but a zombie now. If anyone has anything else, post it below

headlessstew
Jan 4th, 2012, 06:24 PM
i mean Ink when I say the marked one

nikvoodoo
Jan 4th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Nah. We didn't forget. We have a whole thread dedicated to him and his potential origins....actually a few. Imma merge this to its rightful home

Eviebae
Jan 5th, 2012, 05:28 PM
I'm personally pretty decided that there's only one Pinstripe/Paul/Markings zombie. He's been a bit of a standout all along. He's always shown to be smarter, stronger and more of a leader/instigator throughout the whole series. There are other howlers, but their calls are distinctive. I really like that different people used different words to describe him because it adds a touch of realism.

I do, however, suspect there's another person/persons behind the scenes.

Given that:

Zombies mutate into specific types--and there's always more than one of behemoths, jumpers, howlers etc.
Ink seems to be one of a specific type of zombie--a howler/leader/strategist who might be unique somehow.
Zombies were supposedly in Hawaii--and there's no TV, internet or radio--which implies this is a world wide phenomenon.

What happens when different überalphazombie leaders from various places meet up?

IamPaul
Jan 12th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Just thought of this reading chapter 2 threads. Bill pleaded insanity. I think it is clear he is the colored Z. Maybe he was going off on raydon labs, about tests they were doing and eventually went crazy. Because no one believed him. Or maybe he was a "weapon x" gone wrong. Maybe he was already turned before the mass infection. He was tattoed head to toe and was able to fool numerous survivors and can talk and reason, so why couldn't he fool everyone before it began. Also he was transported the same day it began. discuss!

Grognaurd
Jan 13th, 2012, 05:47 AM
It's obviously Aliens.

Ignore the below fancy, fancy nerd talk if you don't want to be bored.
The high IQ idea seems plausible however, since it tends to go hand in hand with smarts. Although I have to be my regular smartypants self and say that an IQ even close to 200 is improbable, dang near impossible (a probability of .0000000000131549262) meaning if we take the world population and multiply it just by the probablility there would be .0899864651 people currently alive with an IQ atleast 200 (figuratively). This is going off a mean IQ of 100 and the Standard Deviation of 15, which sadly is generous. Average IQ is steadily declining and around year 2000 was an average of 89.2 before then.

Interesting thoughts, but the trick is not to set baseline IQ and then look at probabilities. I guess my IQ is not high enough to actually know anything about it. A mean of 100 and SD of 15 would put about 5% of the population at 55. At what level does one become classified as instituionalized because they are unable to care for themselves (Not, criminally insane). I wouldguess we distribution would have bell-like qualities, but have steeper curve lowside and an extended tail highside.

Anyway, back to We're Alive Mythos, Burt's smart in life smart in death idea may have merit, but What about "eyeQ" 8P ties to eye color and clairity? TOWTM that confront Michael, Saul and Burt had clear green eyes while multiple times we hear that the unwashed masses are foggy-eyed. I toyed with the idea of TOWTM not being a zombie, just fitting in well. But, catching an unexpected arrow in mid flight aint going to happen. The only way it works as a parlor trick is that the person catching the arrow controls both the distance and the timing of release. Not to mention Bow, arrow, the actual shooter. If you want to do a controled experiment where the "superhuman" is not calling the shots it just aint going to happen.

reaper239
Jan 13th, 2012, 06:35 AM
people become institutionalized at below 60 IQ.

Grognaurd
Jan 13th, 2012, 07:23 AM
people become institutionalized at below 60 IQ.

DAMN!

I have been doing a better job at avoiding the authorities than I thought!

Gkeeper21
Mar 15th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Alright, well I am guessing that 'the dark one' as skittles likes to put it is the first ever invected zombie, or at least one of the first. I think that is why he is so smart and so different. I also think that he wasn't really a living human to begin with, I think our creepy friend here was an experiment, I believe that maybe he was some kind of test subject, that doctors were trying to bring him back from the dead... And they did but not in the way they planned too. He then escapes and since he was the first he was able to adapt and become stronger, almost like a half living person half zombie in a way so he was able to think and reason in some way. He then began to infect others. This most likley sounds crazy but it kind of explains why he is so different and why he can do what he can do.

Also I want to say something about the other special zombies. They most likley just adapt to their enviornment and such to survive or they just had different, special mutations to begin with.

brad1
Mar 19th, 2012, 11:08 PM
wait!! i hav a thoery! i think INK the guy from the tv in the neew recruits part 1 of 3 is "the colored one" remember NK has alot of tatoos?!?!?!?!?!?!:mad:

VEE
May 3rd, 2012, 08:03 AM
Has Bill Roberts already been discussed on another thread anywhere?

Raven
May 3rd, 2012, 08:14 AM
Hi Vee Welcome,

Bill Roberts has come up in several different threads depending on your take.
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1254-Colored-and-Marked-and-Tattooed-Ones-Oh-My! Is one of the larger threads since any smaller ones tend to get moved or merged.

nikvoodoo
May 3rd, 2012, 08:51 AM
Hi Vee Welcome,

Bill Roberts has come up in several different threads depending on your take.
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1254-Colored-and-Marked-and-Tattooed-Ones-Oh-My! Is one of the larger threads since any smaller ones tend to get moved or merged.

Good job by you Raven. And yes. This is exactly where this thread is headed.

Ink
Dec 26th, 2012, 02:44 AM
So, I was digging through the earlier episodes when I heard mention of a criminal named Ink, who, surprisingly enough, has a lot of ink on him. As in tatoo's. It was when Pegs was checking the DVR machines in the tower. She noticed all of the recordings stopping at the exact same time, which is presumably when everything went to shit. At this time, a newscaster was explaining that Ink was a psycho or murderer of some sort. Or both. And I can't help but wonder if this "Ink" (Hence, my user name.) is the man that jacked up Kulani's tower. And the same man that caught an arrow from Riley. And the same one leading the numbers. Just some food for thought.

Witch_Doctor
Dec 28th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Good find. Check out some of the other theories surrounding Ink, Bill, Pinstripes, TOWTM, TMITPSS...

LiamKerrington
Dec 28th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Good find. Check out some of the other theories surrounding Ink, Bill, Pinstripes, TOWTM, TMITPSS...

I feel inclined to state that "some" is an understatement to some degree ... ;)

RVAUndead
Jan 12th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Remember when Riley and Kalani had to go out that hospital window and the sheets fell. They had to leave Michael and Burt- and they ended up walking thru that creepy mental hospital? Didn't they see the tattooed one in there? I'm in the middle of that episode so I'm not sure how that shakes out. But it makes me wonder if he had some connection to that place. Criminally insane maybe? I can't help but wonder if he was some sort of super horrific criminal serial killer pure evil sort, before he turned - and this is what we get. Pimped out tattoo inky bad zombie.

LiamKerrington
Jan 12th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Remember when Riley and Kalani had to go out that hospital window and the sheets fell. They had to leave Michael and Burt- and they ended up walking thru that creepy mental hospital? Didn't they see the tattooed one in there? I'm in the middle of that episode so I'm not sure how that shakes out. But it makes me wonder if he had some connection to that place. Criminally insane maybe? I can't help but wonder if he was some sort of super horrific criminal serial killer pure evil sort, before he turned - and this is what we get. Pimped out tattoo inky bad zombie.

Just nit-picking: They had to leave Angel and Burt, not Michael and Burt. ;)
And about your question: you really want spoilers - now? As I understand it you listen to this the first time, right? So let me put it this way:
Up until now several times main characters recognize either a zeeh standing out because he wears a pinstriped suit; some other times there is some reference to a "coloured one" or the "one with the markings". Michael, Saul, Burt, and Lizzy encounter one very special zeeh in the Tower mistaking him for "Paul" ...
And as for the super horrific criminal serial killer: Some people see a connection between TOWTM (the one with the markings) and Bill Roberts ... You don't know who Bill Roberts is? Then re-listen to chapter #2 part 3 of 3 and pay close attention to what Lizzy finds on the TV-recordings ...

I think your senses and your mind don't fail you, RVAUndead. :)

All the best!
Liam

wh33t
Jan 12th, 2013, 03:41 PM

There has been lots of discussion surrounding Ink (the tattooed one). I'm pretty sure he's part of the criminal family known as the "Family" in the story. That's why Durai (the leader of the mallers) appears to have a good understanding of what's going on. Furthurmore, at the beginning of Season 1 when Lizzy is flipping through TIVO recordings we actually hear a clip that "Ink" is a mental patient, that he is possibly linked to the family and that he is in the midst of being transported to a mental health facility.

And yes, Ink shows up and catches an arrow with his hand. I personally think they were experimenting on prisoners with some kind of medication and somehow this all started. Don't forget about Raydon labs being mentioned as well in Season 1 when Saul and Angel discovered Burt. I have a feeling Raydon Labs is going to be coming back into the story in Season 4 and we'll learn who and what Ink really is.

RVAUndead
Jan 12th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Ooh that's right - I totally screwed that one up- my kids were hollerin' and I forgot it was Angel up there :) thanks for straightening me out! I am definitely going to go back and give that bit early on with Lizzy listening to the tapes another spin. And yes, ive been trying to figure out the whole pin striped suit thing, and what that was. so glad i found these boards... I can't wait to get caught up and see what happens in S4! Thanks again!

LiamKerrington
Jan 13th, 2013, 01:16 AM
This forum is an incredible place - rich of discussions and theories. But beware: crackpot-theories linger in every second sentence ... ;) Keep sharing your thoughts, ideas and comments.

Major advice: When you have listened all the WA episodes the first time, repeat it at least once or twice. You'll recognize many more details and may even draw new conclusions. Kc's performance as the author and director of this show is really awesome.