PDA

View Full Version : What's with all the guests?

Walrusgus
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:37 PM
Hey everybody. I can't help but keep noticing that there is always more guests on than users (may be down to my time difference). Anyway, I think that we should try and get as many of these guests to join the forum, the more the merrier right?

The only ways I can think of doing that is making the forum awesome (it is), or by some sort of incentive. The achievements are obviously kind of like that but I was jst wondering everyone's view on this.

Walrusgus (Michael)

mascaria
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:45 PM
Not everyone likes to join forums. Lots of people just lurk.

While it would be awesome to get all of the guests to register that probably isn't going to happen.

Zombiehead
Mar 24th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Stop scaring them away!

TCM Revolver
Mar 24th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Hey everybody. I can't help but keep noticing that there is always more guests on than users (may be down to my time difference). Anyway, I think that we should try and get as many of these guests to join the forum, the more the merrier right?

The only ways I can think of doing that is making the forum awesome (it is), or by some sort of incentive. The achievements are obviously kind of like that but I was jst wondering everyone's view on this.

Walrusgus (Michael)

You also have a number of bots and crawlers that are always here. Raises the guest count, but will never register. :)

mem
Mar 24th, 2011, 06:39 AM
You also have a number of bots and crawlers that are always here. Raises the guest count, but will never register. :)
scariest thing ever. yahoo chat room late at night. i went in there and the bots were talking to one another. not one living soul in the room. *shivers* Skynet anyone ?

Hellbringer
Mar 24th, 2011, 07:22 AM
I look at a lot of forums when I do tech searches, but I definitely don't register for every single one of them. Most of my forum searches are IT related since they provide the quickest and usually most common, and sometimes non so common, solutions to what I have wrong with one of my computers. I can picture some people doing zombie searches and Google or Bing bringing up one of these here forum pages (yes, I went Southern for a second there).
I registered because I wanted to see what all was going on, and it just so happened that I found out about that Halo event a while back on the old forums. That was the hook to get me to register with the "new" forum and keep somewhat active in it.

Zombiehead
Mar 24th, 2011, 09:19 AM
It can also be intimidating for some lurkers to enter a place with so many die hard fans already dominating the forum. Just continue to be warm and welcoming and we might snag a few newbies.

MrScott101
Mar 24th, 2011, 10:44 AM
even though a number of the guest count is spiders and bots most of them I'm sure are actual people. Consider the 3 million downloads. I think it's fantastic that there are a ton of guests, soon they will register and want to part of a great community!

mem
Mar 24th, 2011, 11:41 AM
i give this site a lot of credit **pay attention lurkers guests** people have been real friendly and welcoming here and you dont have any issues with the idiots who are just logged in to flame others or be annoying.
when it comes to forums i know very little and learn as i go. mistakes will be made but this lot is real helpful in setting one straight or offering advice.

WestonWisdom
Mar 24th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I only joined recently, and I joined because I just had to tell someone my WA theories, The show was more of an incentive than the forum, so I think you just need to give it time.

mascaria
Mar 24th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I'm not much of a forum joiner. I belong to this forum... that's it. And I probably wouldn't have joined either but I had to talk about the podcast with some one!

Teethingbiscuit
Mar 24th, 2011, 06:25 PM
I don't Space Book but I have a forum in online college. This one is more enjoyable though I do enjoy learning. There are decent peeps here. Hope it stays that way.
Tooth

Hollomandious
Mar 24th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I was a lurker. I probably would not have registered, if not for having joined this version of the forum right when it was turned on. So, the conversations were smaller and i was able to ease into it. The friendly-ness of everyone does help quite a bit as well. And this is the only one.

I don't understand how people find time to do this forum stuff. Especially on more then one board. Between work, the wife, the kid & call of duty zombies, i can barely find time to post here, let alone somewhere else as well.

ObamaCat
Mar 24th, 2011, 11:46 PM
I registered for the Halo party back on the old forums and decided to convert to this one a while back. Only forum I belong to, but I can't imagine a better one. The people here are awesome, so don't be afraid lurkers. We don't bite......hard.