PDA

View Full Version : One of the most emotional podcasts I've heard

j0be
Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:57 PM
One of the other podcasts I listen to is called "The Moth". It's an excellent podcast that features a different guest who tells a short story (generally always true) via standup (not necessarily comedy).

But anyways, the most recent episode featured Anthony Griffith. It's a heart wrenching story of a comic dealing with pain in life.

edit: link to the episode. (http://feeds.themoth.org/~r/themothpodcast/~5/sDJgj06u1iA/moth-podcast-164-anthony-griffith.mp3)

mascaria
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:04 PM
I love The Moth.
The stories people tell are always so amazing.

nikvoodoo
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:27 PM
It's not very often that I listen to something that makes me stop what I'm doing and just sit down. This was a remarkable story from The Moth. Thanks for sharing it.

j0be
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:42 PM
This was an especially poignant to me. Especially since my son is the exact same age as his daughter was.

j0be
Jul 15th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Well, I'm going to revive this ancient thread with another episode from the moth that made me cry. Not quite as emotional in the beginning this time, but still awesome

Charlene Strong: It Wasn’t Enough (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/themothpodcast/~5/PLy50hAVhSU/moth-podcast-178-Charlene-Strong.mp3)

Nullifier
Jul 16th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Well, I'm going to revive this ancient thread with another episode from the moth that made me cry.

would you........like a glass of cement?.....you know to harden the frakk up?

nikvoodoo
Jul 17th, 2011, 11:14 PM
I'd heard Charlene's story before but never directly from her. Now I'm mad at myself for having sat on this podcast for nearly two weeks!

Another great find, j0be

j0be
Jul 18th, 2011, 07:15 AM
would you........like a glass of cement?.....you know to harden the frakk up?

I enjoy a really good emotional story. I know I'm a softy, but I don't care. I love that the first movie I cried in was the Lion King.

No!!! Mufasa!!!

Nullifier
Jul 18th, 2011, 12:05 PM
just kidding, you get like that as you get older........I think.........or it's just the life experiences that really frakk you up......I'm not sure which.

The down side is, that when ur sitting there with ur girl in the middle of a tear jerker & she starts to cry & ur eyes begin to well up...well I just can't seem to help myself, I slap here up the side of the head & tell her what a baby she is & shout "NOW LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!"...you know to stop myself from crying & to make myself look all tough & shit.

lolz :o

j0be
Jul 18th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Oh definitely. What's sad is that I showed my wife the first podcast in this thread, and she sat there stone faced, then asked me why I tried to make her cry. o_O

Oh well, once again, here is me + lion king
http://i.imgur.com/AKedF.gif

uuhhhuuu
Jul 18th, 2011, 12:31 PM
o god!! i was young when i saw this and i was trying so hard not to cry!!

mem
Jul 18th, 2011, 12:41 PM
age and having a family and all those great emotional trials in life come back to you when you are watching a movie.
case in point, all of the family had seen My Dog Skip except me. I watched it not knowing the ending. It got to me bad. I told the wife "you should have told me what happens in the end !" sob sob