PDA

View Full Version : Chapters uninterrupted?

WestonWisdom
Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:39 PM
Hi, I just thought of an idea while relistening for the 500th time :o , what if we could purchase individual chapter uninterrupted on Itunes? I would be willing to pay for the pleasure of not having to listen to the breaks in between, It would provide a moderate income for the supporting of We're Alive, anyone else?

mascaria
Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:47 PM
When they release the season on the boxset that's what they do. Season 1 is available now: http://shop.zombiepodcast.com/Were-Alive-Season-1-Box-Set-10001.htm Since we're still listening to season 2 we'll have to wait for that one.

WestonWisdom
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:00 PM
When they release the season on the boxset that's what they do. Season 1 is available now: http://shop.zombiepodcast.com/Were-Alive-Season-1-Box-Set-10001.htm Since we're still listening to season 2 we'll have to wait for that one.

Hmm, I was thinking of a more Chapter By Chapter Release, so basically when the 3rd(or 4th?) part of a chapter gets released, we would be able to buy them.

mascaria
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:02 PM
They're all three parts.
I guess I see where you're going with that. The ones released in the cd set are remastered though.

I think I'd rather deal with the breaks until the remastered set came out because I'd be unlikely to buy both chapter by chapter release and then the whole remastered season.

Do you think you'd buy both or just the individual chapters?

WestonWisdom
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:09 PM
They're all three parts.
I guess I see where you're going with that. The ones released in the cd set are remastered though.

I think I'd rather deal with the breaks until the remastered set came out because I'd be unlikely to buy both chapter by chapter release and then the whole remastered season.

Do you think you'd buy both or just the individual chapters?

I am deterred from buying the CD's just because it appears to be 1 CD per chapter?, if it was released digitally It would be so much simpler to establish a playlist, and releasing a part of a season before releasing the entire season is a common occurrence in the TV world, and too be honest, I would probably be suckered into buying each chapter individually. (Even if it was slightly more expensive)

If the option was available, I would probably just buy the digital distribution version.

And wasn't The War four parts?

Wicked Sid
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:12 PM
But, if each season was release in the way you're saying it would detract from CD sales, causing the We're Alive Crew to lose more money. Besides its always great to have physical swag.

WestonWisdom
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:19 PM
But, if each season was release in the way you're saying it would detract from CD sales, causing the We're Alive Crew to lose more money. Besides its always great to have physical swag.

I don't have access to the physical CD sales, Do you?(not a dig, I'm just curious), like I said before, just because season chunks are released that may detract from sales of the final season, it doesn't stop large companies doing so, which means it might be viable, especially if you stress the "remastered" part.

Also, I tend to be an advocate of digital distribution in general, so it could just be me sub-consciously rallying the cause :)

Kc
Mar 23rd, 2011, 09:23 AM
We also want a digital distribution of it. We've been plugging away at different places to get it into the iTunes store and the Zune marketplace, but NO ONE will talk to us without going through a publisher, and the publishers have no idea what an audio drama is. It's a big run around we've been trying to deal with since the first cd set came out...

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 23rd, 2011, 09:37 AM
KC,

I know this is your part time gig, full time love, but this sounds like a opportunity to start a business.

Kc
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:30 AM
KC,

I know this is your part time gig, full time love, but this sounds like a opportunity to start a business.
I know, but cost of living for this area can't be supported by show yet...

AdrianHD
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:54 PM
Sorry to hijack and ask a question here, I'd love to look around and dig a bit more since I'm actually interested somewhat in a related way.

Why is a publisher needed for going up on iTunes? I've seen a few independent people throw their songs up there fine. Would Amazon be a better route? Not trying to pick at you, I'm genuinely curious about the process here.

fraggot
Mar 24th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Yeah I've also seen some independent artists put their work on iTunes, at least they "say" they're independent.

StepLaugh
Mar 24th, 2011, 04:51 AM
I'm a little confused about this too. It is an extra way of making money which is always good.

Chogidog
Mar 24th, 2011, 05:13 AM
I'd buy a digital season 1 for sure. I haven't bought the disc set because I got rid of all of my discs, CD and DVD, a couple years ago and haven't looked back.

Kc
Mar 24th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Sorry to hijack and ask a question here, I'd love to look around and dig a bit more since I'm actually interested somewhat in a related way.

Why is a publisher needed for going up on iTunes? I've seen a few independent people throw their songs up there fine. Would Amazon be a better route? Not trying to pick at you, I'm genuinely curious about the process here.

Oh, I don't mind. The section we really need to go into is the Audiobook section. I'm under the impression that most of the section is controlled by Audible. And to get onto Audible, you have to have a publisher and/or 3 books. Amazon owns Audible. See the problem? ;)

There ARE independent artists who do songs, BUT they are in the Music section, and iTunes controls the price as well. Now, the other issue is DRM. Some people might not be happy about this, but the Audiobook section uses DRM and also allows multi-chapter audio books as one file.

Yeah I've also seen some independent artists put their work on iTunes, at least they "say" they're independent.

That's for Music...

ObamaCat
Mar 24th, 2011, 03:26 PM
If you ever do get around to a digital release of the box set is there anyway physical box set owners could get a code or something? I've ordered the box set but if a digital version is in the works it would work much better for me.

Kc
Mar 24th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Most likely no... They would be one two different systems...
That being said, just an update. I sent out a few inquiries today about some self-publishing places for it again, let's see if we get any nibbles...

ObamaCat
Mar 24th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Oh well it was worth a shot :p. I'll probably end up getting both anyway. Otherwise a physical set is good enough for me.

MrScott101
Mar 24th, 2011, 09:42 PM
yeah at some point I'd like to get the first season on disc, would nice to listen straight through with limited interuption

Kc
Mar 25th, 2011, 09:25 AM
ooohh... we have a nibble on the line....

j0be
Mar 25th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Awesome!!!

AdrianHD
Mar 25th, 2011, 11:16 AM

This intrigues me...

Kc
Mar 29th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Now, a bite... HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS

ObamaCat
Mar 29th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Reel 'er in good sir