PDA

View Full Version : Red Dead Redemption Zombie Pack

Hellbringer
Mar 22nd, 2011, 07:07 AM
Has anyone played this? I'm curious about it, and while I've read some reviews about it saying positive things, I'd like to see what normal gamers say about it I buy it at some point. My son seems stoked about it, but none of his online or offline friends have played it.

Decomposed Ass2Ass
Mar 22nd, 2011, 07:10 AM
It's awesome, the singleplayers really good, and if u can get 3 friends to play online survival with you it's just amazing

Craneses
Mar 23rd, 2011, 09:10 PM
I bought this DLC but never played it or played Red Dead Redemption.

Lmao...

riskbreaker23
Mar 27th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I just bought the Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare (lemme take a breath)........... disc and I loved it. But I regret just buying the disc, as the game itself is really cool I almost wished I had bought the actual game then bought the DLC Undead Nightmare. I love the zombies and the story that goes along with that, it's very classic. But once you start jumping on a horse and running around this ol' style western game you really want the full package, which would be buying the original game and just getting the DLC. As far as I know you can select to actually play undead nightmare alone, so it won't interfere with the original game. I've never been into westerns. My friend loved the original Red Dead Revolver so I never gave RDR a second chance until Undead Nightmare. Now that I have undead nightmare, I wish I had gotten the original game.

Still, it's an absolute blast. It's not your typical zombie game which has you easily destroying these zombies. Get in a close range fight with 3 zombies and they can tear you apart (as it should be). Your best tactic is to run around and hit them with your torch until they drop dead from being lit on fire. So yes, buy the original game buy undead nightmare, you'll enjoy the original game along with the awesome zombie DLC.

SleepyGlenn
Mar 27th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Red Dead Redemption is an excellent game. The zombie story is set in an "alternative universe" style narrative that riffs on characters/events from the main storyline, so is best appreciated after you've completed the original. That's not a necessity though. Though not as long and detailed as the first adventure it's a fun romp that lasts about 6 hours, with side quests. The ending, if you've seen the ending to the original, is hillarious! Recommended. Not bad value for money DLC. :-)

Hellbringer
Mar 27th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Red Dead Redemption is an excellent game. The zombie story is set in an "alternative universe" style narrative that riffs on characters/events from the main storyline, so is best appreciated after you've completed the original. That's not a necessity though. Though not as long and detailed as the first adventure it's a fun romp that lasts about 6 hours, with side quests. The ending, if you've seen the ending to the original, is hillarious! Recommended. Not bad value for money DLC. :-)

I just started Mass Effect so if my son doesn't get Red Dead Redemption soon, I'll be picking this one along with the zombie pack later. I figured I'd play the real story first before I play the zombie pack for the reason you stated.

SleepyGlenn
Mar 27th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I don't think you'll be disappointed. I loved it! :-) It's a huge game with loads of memorable moments. Be sure to play it right to the end to get the most out of the story!

Ps. Love Mass Effect too, the sequel is pretty amazing.