PDA

View Full Version : Red State in 2 Days!

Eviebae
Mar 13th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I'm going to see Kevin Smith's Red State in 2 days! The movie and a Q and A!
WIN!

Anyone else seeing/has seen it?

TCM Revolver
Mar 13th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Jealous. Do you get to see one with the cast and kevin??

Eviebae
Mar 14th, 2011, 11:06 AM
No, I'd love too, but no. I think the cast is only going to the ones in Radio City Music Hall and California. In any case, I doubt they're coming to DC.

Do you listen to his Smodcast podcast empire?

TCM Revolver
Mar 14th, 2011, 11:19 AM
No, I'd love too, but no. I think the cast is only going to the ones in Radio City Music Hall and California. In any case, I doubt they're coming to DC.

Do you listen to his Smodcast podcast empire?

I listen to Jay and Silent bob get old. and that's about it. I also have the "southwest airlines" episode of smodcast.

Eviebae
Mar 15th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I listen to Jay and Silent bob get old. and that's about it. I also have the "southwest airlines" episode of smodcast.

I listen to all of them. I like Smodcast the best, but I like all of them in one way or another.

Back from the movie;it's very good! I'm impressed. The acting is exceptional. The camera work fantastic. The editing is awesome. It still feels like a Kevin Smith movie, just A game.

TCM Revolver
Mar 16th, 2011, 09:57 AM
I listen to all of them. I like Smodcast the best, but I like all of them in one way or another.

Back from the movie;it's very good! I'm impressed. The acting is exceptional. The camera work fantastic. The editing is awesome. It still feels like a Kevin Smith movie, just A game.

I'm pretty excited to see it.

Eviebae
Mar 16th, 2011, 11:39 AM
I'm pretty excited to see it.

The thing about Smith's movies is they have a slightly different flow than the usual film (a view askew you might say). So every time you think you know what is going to happen, you pretty much don't.

TCM Revolver
Mar 16th, 2011, 11:43 AM
The thing about Smith's movies is they have a slightly different flow than the usual film (a view askew you might say). So every time you think you know what is going to happen, you pretty much don't.

Being a smith fan-boy for the longest time has gotten me used to that. Now I have a urge to watch clerks lol

MrScott101
Mar 16th, 2011, 06:33 PM
I missed it in Minnesota but I kinda had to since it was my wedding anny and she's not as in to the kevin smith stuff as I am, plus a $75 ticket fee is a bit steep, but I'll catch the movie in October!

Eviebae
Mar 16th, 2011, 07:22 PM
I missed it in Minnesota but I kinda had to since it was my wedding anny and she's not as in to the kevin smith stuff as I am, plus a $75 ticket fee is a bit steep, but I'll catch the movie in October!

Excuses, excuses:D

Hey, congrats! Happy Wedding!

We were lucky to be able to go. Although he definitely pushes my comfort envelope, he's a smart, funny, good man with power and that's rare. He's kinda my Gretzky. :o

TCM Revolver
Mar 16th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Speaking of Smith, and due to the fact we are in a zombie forum, I thought this fits. I plan on buying one of these jerseys in just a bit

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/jsbstash_2148_12226736

Eviebae
Mar 17th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Speaking of Smith, and due to the fact we are in a zombie forum, I thought this fits. I plan on buying one of these jerseys in just a bit

Wow! That's so stunningly appropriate. I liked that movie a lot, it was sweet. Heck, I really liked Jersey Girl.

Funny Muffins
Mar 18th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Who saw Red State and was it as amazing as it sounds?!
I hear time and time again from J&Bob Get Old how awesome it is supposed to be, not to mention a few times on Adam Corrella's show.

Should I be rushing around or is it best just to wait for a DVD release at some point?

Eviebae
Mar 18th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Who saw Red State and was it as amazing as it sounds?!
I hear time and time again from J&Bob Get Old how awesome it is supposed to be, not to mention a few times on Adam Corrella's show.

Should I be rushing around or is it best just to wait for a DVD release at some point?

What is your criteria? If you want Kevin Smith and The Harvey Boys to make back the most money? Or, if it's worth it investment (time and money wise)? I think it will play well on a TV--especially Blu Ray. I think it's best seen with a group of like-minded people. There are some easter eggs in the body of the movie that it's nice to get along with a room full of people who also get them. I do think it was an exceptional story, but pretty bleak world-wiew-wise. The horror is bloody, but more existential when you think about it afterwards.

Tandem25
May 11th, 2011, 06:54 AM
I'm a huge View Askew fan. I've loved the movies since I first dicovered Clerks at 16 or 17. Some of the Smodcast podcasts are pretty good.

I missed Red State when they came to Austin but I'm looking forward to the DVD release. It'll be one that I actually purchase.

Kev's got a great comic store in Jersey that I order stuff from ever once in a while. The are really accommodating.

http://jayandsilentbob.com/
Red Bank Store
(732) 758-0508
ask for Walt
tell him about W-A!!!