PDA

View Full Version : New Community Contest: FULL OF AWESOME

Britt
Mar 8th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Hello We’re Alive fanboys and fangirls! I am soooo excited to announce this next contest.

Below you will find a downloadable PDF of Chapter One: It Begins. But, in order to download it you MUST be a registered member of the forums. So you, sir or madam, yeah, YOU, the one who isn’t registered, I’ve provided a link to the register screen for your convenience.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/register.php)

Now for those of you that are registered members, feel free to download the chapter. Look over it, memorize it, frame it, worship it...

Once you’re done with all of that awkwardness, please read carefully, because here is where the contest comes in: We want you guys to use the script AND your vast imagination to recreate any part of the chapter.

Perhaps you want to make a comic rendition of the first scene? Maybe group up with a few forum members to reenact the scene of Angel, Michael and Saul trapped inside the armory? Or grab a few local friends to make a short video? If you’re talented with Flash, you can use that too!

The possibilities are endless; I’ve only listed a few ideas to get your brain churning.

What’s up for grabs? A Season One disc set signed by Kc and Shane.

And that’s all I have to say about that! You guys have built an awesome community; I know you can come up with something great. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to post them below or send an email to WereNotDead@gmail.com OR wnd@zombiepodcast.com OR werenotdead@zombiepodcast.com OR britt@zombiepodcast.com. TAKE ‘YER PICK.

Numerous email addresses...we haz them.

Shaun McAlister
Mar 8th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Mmmm.. interesting. So the final deliverable can be in video OR audio format? You mentioned Flash, so am I to believe that animation would be an acceptable medium as well? Is there a time limit? What if we were to animate a scene and use the audio from the show? Give viewers something to look at while listening?

Many thanks!

Britt
Mar 8th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Mmmm.. interesting. So the final deliverable can be in video OR audio format? You mentioned Flash, so am I to believe that animation would be an acceptable medium as well? Is there a time limit? What if we were to animate a scene and use the audio from the show? Give viewers something to look at while listening?

Many thanks!

Video or audio or flash or...whatever! Do what you feel like doin'!

As for a time limit...I'd say no more than four minutes or so?

itsallgoodie
Mar 8th, 2011, 12:17 PM
hmm i might have to try to do something hilariously funny with this. spoilers: Micheal might be played by a stick of deodorant.

Chogidog
Mar 8th, 2011, 04:14 PM
hmm i might have to try to do something hilariously funny with this. spoilers: Micheal might be played by a stick of deodorant.

Hey now... new rule, no spoilers except in the discussions threads lol.
j/k

Pikepaw
Mar 8th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Either I am going to convince my dumb busy friends to be in this or there will be a one man show. First to cuddle with the words of the script *cuddles*

However it goes down, it will be good for my Youtube profile

Mikethebassist
Mar 8th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Im never going to win but Im really happy that at least I have chapter one to read :)))))

Chogidog
Mar 8th, 2011, 06:47 PM
how long do we have on this?
I've got an idea, but it might take me a bit to do it.

Britt
Mar 8th, 2011, 07:14 PM
how long do we have on this?
I've got an idea, but it might take me a bit to do it.

We have no definitive date, but it will be going for several weeks at the least!

AdrianHD
Mar 9th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Only one entry, right? Yeesh, this'll be tough.

TKD SNIPER
Mar 9th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Im thinking my idea has a fighting chance, i need at least until the third week of April though.

TexasPatriot
Mar 9th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I will have to team up with some folks from here, I have nobody else in my circle here at home who listens :( Who want to team up with a Texan? HAHA (I hear crickets chirping already)

lectio
Mar 9th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Definitely need a few weeks. I've got good things planned!

Chogidog
Mar 9th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I just assembled my cast today. they're still pretty stiff. I'm glad i've got time, I'll need it.
http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/album.php?albumid=10
(hope that link works, or the joke won't)

nikvoodoo
Mar 9th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I just assembled my cast today. they're still pretty stiff. I'm glad i've got time, I'll need it.

Dude! I've worked with your cast before! Years and years ago!! ;)

I'm getting so excited to see what everyone comes up with!

Dr Janus
Mar 10th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Awesome... Hope I can get the time to whack something together.

ICEMAN TRAVIS
Mar 15th, 2011, 01:13 AM
so does it haft to be an exact paridy to the script or can we add some stuff to it, but keeping it true to the script

yarri
Mar 15th, 2011, 05:57 AM

Can you be my new best friend? LOLOL

Britt
Mar 15th, 2011, 06:40 AM
so does it haft to be an exact paridy to the script or can we add some stuff to it, but keeping it true to the script

That sounds fine!

mush_rooms
Mar 16th, 2011, 10:22 PM
StepLaugh. We need to get crackin on this. You know no one can stop us when we team up!

Y'all are goin down. Jussayin.

StepLaugh
Mar 17th, 2011, 04:12 AM
This is going to be awesome Mush_rooms. Everyone bring their A-Game, cause it's about to get real!!!

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Mar 17th, 2011, 08:41 AM
When's the deadline for entries? You mentioned 'several weeks', but a little more specific would be nice. If I have at least three, I might be able to make it.

Depending on that, I'll give it a shot.

Anghil
Mar 18th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the stop animation submissions. Even better if the characters are (edit): STAR WARS action figures.

Kc
Mar 18th, 2011, 11:20 AM
When's the deadline for entries? You mentioned 'several weeks', but a little more specific would be nice. If I have at least three, I might be able to make it.

I think it's a few weeks, Briiiiiittttt?

Britt
Mar 18th, 2011, 04:21 PM

Sir, for you I will give this contest 3 weeks.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Mar 18th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I feel honored :)

*Dusts off his 3D applications*

IAmMattFriend
Mar 22nd, 2011, 01:28 PM
Shweet! I just printed it out. I wanna do the whole thing but I don't know if I can. I will try my very best.
I'll start casting!!!

Pikepaw
Mar 26th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I finished my entry and now to re-enact as much of chapter one as I can! Wait for my Youtube one man show

j0be
Mar 26th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I finished my entry and now to re-enact as much of chapter one as I can! Wait for my Youtube one man show
Please tell me you went with classic acting and did even the female roles!

Pikepaw
Mar 27th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Please tell me you went with classic acting and did even the female roles!

Well it is still in progress, but it has been in my plan since the beginning. I got to work on my Riley voice

Pikepaw
Mar 30th, 2011, 08:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3GVrtwtzhw&feature=player_embedded
As promised, here is my first part of my one man show, done in "classic acting" style :) Follow my Youtube account for when I put on the rest

Kc
Mar 31st, 2011, 09:27 AM
Nice! First entry! Nice work Pikepaw! :)

Dr Janus
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:54 AM
Classic dude

heatmizor555
Apr 15th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Hey, does anyone know how long the contest is going for? I wanna do a vid but do I still have time?

Re1ndeer
Apr 24th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I am finally collecting a team to do my entry. I hope that I still have time. :P

COsurvivor
Apr 24th, 2011, 09:58 PM
nice man... although you need to work on the female voice

Britt
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:20 PM
I am finally collecting a team to do my entry. I hope that I still have time. :P

You do :) [insert additional text here so this reply will freakin' go through]

itsallgoodie
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:23 PM
You do :) [insert additional text here so this reply will freakin' go through]

I am stealing that "insert" thing. Im not smart enough to think of that...

j0be
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I'm considering throwing my hat in the ring. I might have to record this week.

itsallgoodie
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I'm considering throwing my hat in the ring. I might have to record this week.

jobe please do. Let me know if you need a voice actor as good as gleason himself. hahaha *me. XD

mobyfreerunner
Apr 25th, 2011, 08:49 PM
hey britt, im about to get off school :D ill have time to do this contest! where can i download the script? also, how long will this contest go for?

Edit: ah no worries, i found the script :D

Re1ndeer
May 2nd, 2011, 10:05 PM
My team just got our audio recorded. Now we have to edit it and animate the visuals. This might take a while. *Sigh* We still need a few weeks. :(

Pikepaw
May 4th, 2011, 01:53 AM
I admit my female voices need a LOT of work. Most of my voices need the same amount of work. I had fun though