PDA

View Full Version : Poor Mental health = Better Zombies?

ObamaCat
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Hey I had an interesting theory. Ink had schizophrenia and was a mental health patient, and once he went zombie (assuming Ink and the One with the Markings are one and the same) he still kept the ability to speak and is much faster and stronger than the other zombies. Does this mean that the more messed up you are mentally, the more powerful a zombie you become? Imagine if Skittles or Gatekeeper (who both don't seem to be all there mentally) went zomb. Would they achieve Ink levels of power once turned? Or could it be that Ink is merely a super genius and that's why he's a smart zombie? What do you guys think?

shananala8
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:18 PM
While it doesn't account for the physical aspects of the change, the change into a zombie could have a psychological aspect to it. Thus, a schizophrenic like Ink could be "sheltered" in a sense from the change thanks to his already fractured psyche.

Decomposed Ass2Ass
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Hey I had an interesting theory. Ink had schizophrenia and was a mental health patient, and once he went zombie (assuming Ink and the One with the Markings are one and the same) he still kept the ability to speak and is much faster and stronger than the other zombies. Does this mean that the more messed up you are mentally, the more powerful a zombie you become? Imagine if Skittles or Gatekeeper (who both don't seem to be all there mentally) went zomb. Would they achieve Ink levels of power once turned? Or could it be that Ink is merely a super genius and that's why he's a smart zombie? What do you guys think?

Tbh I don't think ink was ever had scitzophrenia, and that it may just have been the doctors trying to explain why he had lost his mind. I also think the "homicides" that the news said he committed may have also been when he was a zombie. Maybe he really was patient zero and had been tested on and got loose, the doctors and police thought he was insane and before they new it he had caused an infection all through out LA

Funny Muffins
Mar 8th, 2011, 08:58 AM
While it doesn't account for the physical aspects of the change, the change into a zombie could have a psychological aspect to it. Thus, a schizophrenic like Ink could be "sheltered" in a sense from the change thanks to his already fractured psyche.

Boom!

ObamaCAT this has been already partially addressed in a few threads already.
Check my linky! (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1022-Ground-Zero-The-infection-that-ended-society.)

The infected need to feed also, people may or may not become infected due to becoming food.
However I personally and others have been looking into this topic already in others places.

Hollomandious
Mar 8th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Tbh I don't think ink was ever had scitzophrenia, and that it may just have been the doctors trying to explain why he had lost his mind. I also think the "homicides" that the news said he committed may have also been when he was a zombie. Maybe he really was patient zero and had been tested on and got loose, the doctors and police thought he was insane and before they new it he had caused an infection all through out LA

Already infected? I doubt they would have been able to contain him for trial and transport if he was already a crazy super smart 90+ mph running face eating zombie of awesomeness. One mistake by the officials trying to contain him and BAMMO, the apocalypse begins.

I think the outbreak happened, and he got caught up in it during transport, and he just gained the abilities he gained due to him being a super genius evil bastard.

ObamaCat
Mar 8th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Perhaps the initial explosion was at the mental hospital and that's why Ink and the other mental-health zombies (In chapter 1, the ones that take out the car and Micheal describes as having glazed over eyes and tons of scars) became more powerful as a result of greater exposure?

ObamaCat
Mar 8th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Boom!

ObamaCAT this has been already partially addressed in a few threads already.
Check my linky! (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1022-Ground-Zero-The-infection-that-ended-society.)

The infected need to feed also, people may or may not become infected due to becoming food.
However I personally and others have been looking into this topic already in others places.

Thanks for the link. This thread is slightly different and more focused on the mental health aspect, but hey admins if you see fit close it I 'spose....

Eviebae
Mar 8th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Tbh I don't think ink was ever had schizophrenia, and that it may just have been the doctors trying to explain why he had lost his mind. I also think the "homicides" that the news said he committed may have also been when he was a zombie. Maybe he really was patient zero and had been tested on and got loose, the doctors and police thought he was insane and before they new it he had caused an infection all through out LA

Whoa! That makes sense! Or, he was something very close to patient zero. I mean, we'd still not know how he turned into Zombie Leader. If he was a killer pre-zombie, he may have been exposed to some virus or prion in the body of someone he killed.

Eviebae
Mar 8th, 2011, 09:00 PM
This thread is slightly different and more focused on the mental health aspect,

I think I basically posted the same idea you did in the other thread he mentioned.

The outbreak did result in improvements in some traits implies some sort of an attempt to "better" humans in some way. Things like the saliva response in the zombies to human sweat--That fine tuning of instinct definitely seems malicious.

I'm hoping it turns out that whatever the reason behind the epidemic, the causal chain is very random and complex. Like, a bizarre combination of say, an explosion in a laboratory, birth control hormones in the water, cell phone emissions and some random food additive in chili dogs.

Rock Daddy
Mar 9th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Yes! I'm so glad someone else was thinking of this! I agree that his mental state may have a lot to do with how this "zombie virus" utilized his body. For anyone that's familiar with schizophrenia, it especially alters the part of the brain that controls auditory and communication functions, causing hallucinations. What if... this disorder actually blocked the virus from taking over that part of the brain, effectively making him a zombie everywhere else, but allowing the small communication segment of his brain to still partially function? We see that if you are very intelligent as a human, it is utilized as a zombie. So why not a mental disorder?

Hollomandious
Mar 9th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Perhaps the initial explosion was at the mental hospital and that's why Ink and the other mental-health zombies (In chapter 1, the ones that take out the car and Micheal describes as having glazed over eyes and tons of scars) became more powerful as a result of greater exposure?

Don't all the zombies fit that profile? By the time Michael was in his car, there were already people being infected per the news broadcast he was listening to when Angel called him. Those 7 in 1-1 seemed like a pack of normals chompin away on a noisemaker.

I'm highly doubting that the 7 or so zombies that pulled the honker out of the car were all mental patients.

Eviebae
Mar 10th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Don't all the zombies fit that profile? By the time Michael was in his car, there were already people being infected per the news broadcast he was listening to when Angel called him. Those 7 in 1-1 seemed like a pack of normals chompin away on a noisemaker.

I'm highly doubting that the 7 or so zombies that pulled the honker out of the car were all mental patients.

It's true that he's very much like the other mutant zombies (Moobies?) the question is why he's different. He's able to read, speak, plan ahead and control all other types of zombies.