PDA

View Full Version : When did you find us?

Wicked Sid
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Hmm, I was just thinking, while listening to WND, that I've been listening for a long ass time. Since Chapter 3 to be exact, and a lot of people I've seen/heard started listening at 7 or above.

So, when did you start listening?

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I started at 14-3 I think. Hahaha that was a while ago like 2010 buut I got nothing on u Sid

TCM Revolver
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Chapter 15. Fantasy Football ended for the season and I needed something to fill my drive. Never knew I would stumble upon a new "audio drug"

THEkeyo
Mar 8th, 2011, 01:50 PM
i think chapter 14 was out already saw it on zune marketplace and tried the first 3 chapters. one word.. earcandy..

ObamaCat
Mar 9th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I started listening after Greg's shoutout on Beyond, so whenever that was.....

HomeGrown
Mar 9th, 2011, 07:22 PM
I started on the day 19-2 was posted. Yeah, I'm a noob. :)

I need to go back and listen again because I didn't realize how important the little clues would be during the first trip.

Hollomandious
Mar 9th, 2011, 07:50 PM
17-1 for me. Random chance. Lately, I'm rarely a facebook reader (just a poster) and this one morning I was vollying some pokes, and a friend had liked it.

I had always been into the audio drama thing (especially w/ 15+ hours of driving weekly), so it automatically got a chance given to it.

One word... Lucky.

nikvoodoo
Mar 9th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I came in around chapter 15 so that puts me in October '10.

Onslaught
Mar 10th, 2011, 05:24 PM
The end of Chapter 17.

Can't help but wonder how you guys that started earlier have stood the wait.

mem
Mar 16th, 2011, 03:00 PM
about a month and a half ago. I was listening to one or two episodes a night instead of reading. 2 saturdays ago i plugged my phone into the surround sound system at home and told my wife and another family friend "hey you need to listen to this first episode of the zombie podcast" 10 1/2 hours later we were still listening. we caught up to the releases the next day and now i am waiting for the newest episode release!

i agree! i'd have scratched the wall paper off the walls if i had been waiting between episodes from the very beginning !*

*Edit*

COsurvivor
Mar 17th, 2011, 08:55 PM
I started around Chapter 12... I was looking around for Podcasts and came across this one. I have never stopped listening!

Walrusgus
Mar 18th, 2011, 07:05 PM
I started listening when chapter 7 released. Searched "zombie" in iTunes, waded through crap and found this piece of zombie gold!

Zombiehead
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I have to check my files on this one. I probably didn't start listening until around the end of 11 and 12 was still airing. By the time I got to the last episode the season had just finished so I didn't have to wait and then stuck it on repeat til next season.

Fooz
Mar 20th, 2011, 05:58 PM
I picked up on you guys at chapter 13, and I've been eagerly awaiting the next episode since.

Yoyo
Mar 23rd, 2011, 09:49 AM
The week before spring break I remember around the time I found the podcast on the Zune Network.

Kc
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:38 AM
I'm curious how many, if anyone, was listening back in like July of 09

DefyAllLogic
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:51 AM
I started listening when the most recent chapter was chapter 18 part 1

j0be
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:59 AM

If I would have know about it, I would have.

Wicked Sid
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:33 PM

Since pretty much the start. Wow, there has got to be at least a few.

Teethingbiscuit
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I think I was here, er there, er in the know... I mean It was close to then that I was a participant in the listening arts. now I'll have to look at Itunes to see when I left a 5star
Teeth

edit: July 27 of 2010 so a week or two before that. have you got your year right? Did/do you have content from 2009?

Kc
Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I think I was here, er there, er in the know... I mean It was close to then that I was a participant in the listening arts. now I'll have to look at Itunes to see when I left a 5star
Teeth

edit: July 27 of 2010 so a week or two before that. have you got your year right? Did/do you have content from 2009?

Oh yeah. Our first premiere date: May 4th 2009

j0be
Mar 24th, 2011, 07:19 AM

Interesting. Michael mentions that the zombies showed up on May 8th, 2009. Would have been kind of messed up if something had happened on the 8th seeing as you couldn't fully know.

MrScott101
Mar 24th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I started listened shortly after the beyond podcast shout out, didn't get caught up till a couple weeks later, took my time listening. Might have to start from the begining and listen again after I finish another audiobook that i'm currently listening to.

Teethingbiscuit
Mar 24th, 2011, 05:04 PM

Wow. missed it by a year. I didn't have a hope or a prayer to have been involved(listening). Probably didn't know what a podcast was at that point.

kafu288
Apr 4th, 2011, 04:50 AM
About 4 days ago

Luna Guardian
Apr 6th, 2011, 01:38 PM
We're Alive, about 2 months ago.

The forum, today.

Yeah, I'm kinda slow that way...

Rune
Apr 9th, 2011, 04:28 AM
I started listening at about chapter 5, but I have only just gotten onto the forums
I powered thru the episodes (litteraly took like 2 days) and now I listen as soon as they drop (at least a week between)

Tandem25
Apr 16th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I found this wonderfully addicting podcast sometime in the fall of '09. I listened to 2 or 3 minutes and knew that it was going to great. I immediately started from the beginning. I have been a dedicated listener ever since.

Crabb90
Apr 22nd, 2011, 02:09 PM
I just discovered this podcast last week and it has been severely contributing to my anti-social nature. Damn you, Shane Salk, for turning me more into a social outcast!

I used up my entire weekend to get caught up, but who does their homework anyway? :)

Zombiephyllic
May 4th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Hi, everyone. I'm finally online. I've been a loyal listener since chapter 3 when I was looking for something to listen to by my bus ride to class. Love the podcast and try to tell everyone i know about it. glad to be here

ilanagl
May 8th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I think I started listening really soon after it started. Chapter 2 episode 3 I think. I could be off a few episodes though.

rottenash
May 8th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I think i started around chapter 14-15, hard to say because i was doing all the catch up in the begining. I must say the waiting is killer...gah

Teethingbiscuit
May 8th, 2011, 11:49 PM
I've come to love the wait rotten. I think it is good to not have all we crave at once. Of course, I made a horrible drunk, chug chug.
tongue lolling out of Teeth
Oh and welcome!

Ellis Dee
May 21st, 2011, 07:01 PM
Last week of February 2011. Looking for zombie survival stuff to tide me over until season two of The Walking Dead. Read about your podcast on another message board and gave it a try. I was hooked immediately.

janet963
Jun 1st, 2011, 02:36 AM
I have found you just today, and I am very happy to found you here, :)

Survivor
Jun 5th, 2011, 03:27 PM
discovered chapter 22 a week ago, and downloaded everything from tunes. since then I am hooked

OsO
Jun 12th, 2011, 09:57 AM
I found out about this place 3 days ago and i'm all caught up and waiting for more

Fishie
Jun 13th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I only discovered the podcast in May, and have only just caught up with everyone... I'm probably going to find it very difficult to wait for new episodes now!

fighter
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:09 PM
5 monthes

Waldo Butters
Jun 18th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I started listening about 3 days after chapter 12-4 was released, been listening ever since.

deanypants
Jun 30th, 2011, 02:46 PM
When did i find We're Alive? Probably, about 6 months ago. It took me a while to really get a chance to get through all the pre-existing shows, but I'm finally up to date!

Dr. Hatchet
Jun 30th, 2011, 03:04 PM
I'd say about June 22nd 2011ish I just found this site today. I'd been listening to 2 chapters every day.

Fire D
Jul 1st, 2011, 07:37 AM
I didn't start listening until the very last part of Chapter 21. I listened to them all in less than a week, just before Chapter 22, Part 1 came out and left me with that EVIL cliffhanger! I wish I'd started earlier :) I've fallen in love with this

Big G
Jul 1st, 2011, 08:00 AM
I started listening to We're Alive around chapter 19-2 and I was caught up in about week and I don't know how I am going to survive the long wait for the next season or how you people who started listening before the end of season 1 did it

Pegsocalypse Now
Jul 19th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Hi everyone. I started listening to "We're Alive" and We're Not Dead" both at the same time at the beginning of July. After I listen to one of the chapter episodes I like to listen to Greg, Britt and the rest of the gang talk shop on "We're Alive."

Orik960
Aug 3rd, 2011, 06:54 PM
I started listening around September-October of 2010. This puts me in at around 13 or 14 I think. I am not sure as it took me a week or two to get caught up so I could be off by a few episodes.

Devilish Pizza
Aug 14th, 2011, 10:08 PM
I started listening late October - early November 2010. Caught up in about 4 days, and am currently on my 4th start to finish listen through, with dozens of times just listening to a single chapter to go over a theory. My fave chapter would have to be Purgatory, fell in love with Datu after that.

ICEMAN TRAVIS
Aug 16th, 2011, 02:26 AM
I started listening about a year and two months ago during the summer, and about a month before the second season started.

Shag Nasty
Aug 27th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I started listening last Wednesday (August 24, 2011) and now its Saturday and I just finished it. Now I'm going to listen to it again!!

JusticePain
Sep 4th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I found We're Alive at the zune marketplace around 2-2 being listening every week

Solanine
Sep 19th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Well it was the back end of sixty nine.... Nah, I can't really remember. It was just before the second season when Greg Miller started promoting it.

zorakid
Sep 19th, 2011, 07:29 PM
A week ago. I went online searching for anything related to zombies to entertain myself after playing dead island with my friends and found the podcast web page. So i started listening after season two ended, lol.

Jamessa81
Oct 18th, 2011, 11:32 PM
I started at the last chapter cause that was all I could download at the time. Started 2 weeks ago

TinnBenn
Dec 29th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I just discovered and finished up the first 2 seasons a few days ago. Perfect timing for the start of season 3 :)

mageftw
Jan 2nd, 2012, 09:15 PM
i listened around the gap of season 2 and 3 around early December. it was annoying how the first episode where i could not go to the next right away was a season finale

Quinn
Jan 3rd, 2012, 12:00 PM
First found the web site near the end of last year.

mr boom95
Jan 31st, 2012, 03:10 AM
I started listening to the first chapter of season two
so 08/10

Masfermind
Feb 24th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I started at Chapter Five, i downloaded chapter one and than downloaded the rest and didn't sleep till i was done. i started listening at about nine o'clock so ya I was Tired for school.

Krakens
Mar 2nd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Well, I just downloaded all the current episodes a week ago so, ummm, I'm a newbie. But please don't hate me, I did finally find you. :-)

Wayne
Mar 2nd, 2012, 04:15 PM
Actually as I searching for the perfect site for the topic i want about living your site flash in into my face and then i enter here. Looking for the site about assisted living palm springs (http://www.onestopseniorservice.com), my heart brings me here. I don't know why...maybe this is what you cal destined...hahaha

nikvoodoo
Mar 2nd, 2012, 04:16 PM
Actually as I searching for the perfect site for the topic i want about living your site flash in into my face and then i enter here. Looking for the site about assisted living palm springs (http://www.onestopseniorservice.com), my heart brings me here. I don't know why...maybe this is what you cal destined...hahaha

Actually, it's what you call banned.

Laidn
Mar 13th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I found this awesome show about two months ago and have been playing catch up ever since. I just, about 5 minutes ago, finished the end of season 2 Chapter 24, and I cannot wait until lunch to get to the most recent episodes. I may be dead by tomorrow from anticipation once I reach the newest episode. I d't know how I'll be able to live without a steady stream of episodes I haven't heard haha

Flame_Alchemist44
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:08 AM
I started listening right at the start of season 2, episode 13-1

EmptyHen
Apr 14th, 2012, 01:59 PM
I started listening about a month ago. I found WA while I was researching 'The Walking Dead'.

Now I'm totally addicted.

cookiezombie
Apr 29th, 2012, 09:04 AM
How old were you when you started listening to this AWESOME podcast?? just a random question!

abayarts
Apr 29th, 2012, 10:19 AM
2010, so 26 and recently had my son :D

GingerNacre
Apr 30th, 2012, 06:11 AM
How old were you when you started listening to this AWESOME podcast?? just a random question!

Im in my 30's and just started in March. All caught up now. LOVE IT!

DannyBox
Jul 25th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Well thanks to IGN i am listening now the :zombie: podcast and i know about this outstanding idea of yours :) PEACE!

P.S. A fan here!

Christopher kitto
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Two/three months ago maybie?
I can't remember what episode was out at the time but I managed listen to all the episodes available in a couple of days.

ZombieBlake
Sep 9th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I found WND at the end of the first Colony experience.
I was looking up zombie podcasts to help in writing out games for 'Humans Versus Zombies' and this podcast came up.
Best accident ever :)

tim
Sep 12th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Discovered this wonderful storyline last week, so Chapter 33-p1.
After a 3 or so day marathon, I am now caught up & a huge fan :)
This week, I am getting caught up on We're Not Dead.

BTW, discovered WA & WND from a quick shout on "Walking Dead Cast" (hosts Jason & Kelly)

Robzombie
Sep 13th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I started listening in real time at around season one, chapter six. I think that was about over a year before I looked at and joined the forum....?

BrockSTL
May 25th, 2013, 11:57 AM
My nephew is a Xbox fanatic...so the tv was his territory. So I was looking for alternative forms of entertainment. I finally got around to checking out podcasts and mostly looking for material on lovecraft, Poe and a few other subjects. I broaden my searches into radio dramas. I hit gold with We're Alive. Now that I am back to work, I ride the bus and use WA to keep my mind off the rude zombie kibble I am forced to ride with. I am on my third listening of the first season, about to dive into season two. I actively promote it. I never do that with something I like, I might reccommend an enertainment...but I just kind of bore people with promoting the drama. LOL. I already have Season one, two, and three lined up for my relatives to buy for bday and Christmas.

LeidaSebastian
Jul 16th, 2013, 10:20 PM
not a very old listener as i started of listening in 2012, but really enjoying it a lot...

whenallisdark
Sep 20th, 2013, 11:29 AM
About 4 days ago, I heard the interview on podcasting 101 and it seemed interesting. I downloaded all the episodes and listen to them from first to present. Its so good, can't wait for the next episode

JRLeon
Dec 5th, 2013, 04:54 AM
I started listening about an hour ago. Made it 10min. into the first episode and knew I had to be a part of this. I'm all about books on tape and such, and this will be a great way to enjoy my work commute. I have already texted a few of my friends the link, I'm sure they will enjoy it.

JoeMama
Dec 18th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Hey all. Im a pretty late bloomer. I just started about 2 Months ago. HOOKED!! Already listened to the series 3 times and almost caught up on were not dead. can't get enough!

beans
Feb 25th, 2014, 06:32 PM
september 2013....started from the very beginning and all caught up to chapter 43!

on one hand, i wish i discovered this when it started in 2009 but then again, i'd have been clamoring and chomping at the bit every week for the past 5 years for another episode! haha

Reaperjeff
Feb 25th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Heard about we're alive! A month ago from a fellow zombie hunter afficionato. Please no spoilers I'm only on chapter 10

Spime
Apr 11th, 2014, 08:03 AM
I am always searching for podcasts for my work commute, this one popped up when I searched "survival" :) Truly a gem of a podcast. I started about a month ago though, wish I heard about it sooner!

tonyhind86
Apr 11th, 2014, 12:18 PM
I am always searching for podcasts for my work commute, this one popped up when I searched "survival" :) Truly a gem of a podcast. I started about a month ago though, wish I heard about it sooner!

Welcome to the forum - good to see you getting involved. Keep at it, enjoy the atmosphere and keep posting! :D

jjbaizavigil
Apr 11th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Hello there! I came on board early in season 2. I immediately went to the beginning and start there. A also went back to the beginning again after season 3. Once I heard this was the last season, I wanted to stretch it out as much as I could.

I don't know if anyone has had the same experience, but We're Not Dead has become such a part of what I listen to and do, I'm dreading the end.

JBV

ibdebra
Jul 29th, 2014, 02:22 PM
I Started a new job in January 2014 and my co-worker heard my Walking Dead ringtone. He asked me if I was into any other "Zombie things". He then told me about this podcast and I have loved it. Thanks for the hours of entertainment.

NickShades
Sep 28th, 2014, 04:10 PM
I came on 14 years after Z-Day, ready for training.

irisheyes2241979
Oct 2nd, 2014, 05:49 PM
hello out there in zombie world, i just happened upon a podcast that recommended we're alive . i have to say i was hooked from the minute i listened to the first episode . im from hamilton, ohio and im on chapter 36 part 1 of 3 . i am currently downloading the rest of the podcasts and hope that you all do more episodes soon . in one weeks time ive listened every episode from the beginning till chapter 36 at work ... you guys keep things very interesting and i stay awake and alert to my surroundings at work...lol keep up the awesome work :) the podcast was from 40 oz of horror . im glad i listened to them about how great you are .

NickShades
Oct 3rd, 2014, 12:16 AM
I will admit. After I heard Datu's description, I immediately thought, "REPRESENT!!!!!"

He is a pretty cool character. There were some things I saw differently, but KC and all involved pretty much nailed him very cornerstone. The water pump station was a stretch (You really have to know water treatment nearly to a science if you are outside industry to know even where and how they are located), but i was willing to give it a slide due to plot armor style of trope.

laura21
Nov 13th, 2014, 11:04 PM
I started listened shortly after the beyond podcast shout out, didn't get caught up till a couple weeks later, took my time listening. Might have to start from the begining and listen again after I finish another audiobook that i'm currently listening to.