PDA

View Full Version : We're Alive LIVE at Meltdown Comics - April 16th!

Kc
Mar 7th, 2011, 08:43 AM

We're Alive LIVE @Meltdown comics!

UPDATE!: The EVENT will ALSO be broadcast LIVE over the internet via JustinTV.

AND THE EVENT IS NOW BYOB!

LIVE Broadcast Notes: We didn't want to release this information before all the details were finalized but the event will be simulcast LIVE over the internet. What does that mean? Well, you'll be able to interact over the internet with the cast and crew as it happens. Want to send in a question to the Q and A panel? Use the Hash tag #WALive on twitter the night of the event, OR submit your questions via the Chatbox on the Forum. A representative from We're Alive will be there at the event asking the questions for you!

THE EVENT STARTS BROADCASTING 7:30 PM PST

SPREAD the NEWS! No matter where you are in the world you can still experience "We're Alive in the Flesh!"

LIVE Feed will be here:

http://www.justin.tv/werealive

Set your alarm clocks or whatever way you'll know when the live event is broadcast! Above is the address for the event. We have one of our last live events still in there available to view in the meantime.

Have questions for the Q and A?
Be Sure to Follow @Werealive on twitter. The hash tag for the event is #WALive
We'll also be answering questions via our Chatbox on the forum and the JustinTV chatroom. We will have a dedicated person monitoring these streams so you can be heard at the event.

Don't know what time the event is?
Live Event Domestic and International Times:
http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1333-Live-Event-International-Times...

More details about the event:
http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1099-We-re-Alive-LIVE-at-Meltdown-Comics-April-16th!

List of Attendees from the Cast: CONFIRMED SO FAR:

Creators
Kc Wayland - Writer/Director
Shane Salk - Angel
Grayson Stone - Zintern

Hosts:
Brittney Brombacher
Greg Miller

Michael Swan - Announcer
Jim Gleason - Michael
Nate Geez - Saul
Claire Dodin - Riley
Elisa Eliot - Pegs
Jay Olegario - Datu

Tammy Klein - Kelly
Nicolai Marven - Tommy
Scott Marvin - Burt
Blaire Byhower - Lizzy
Jenna McCombie - Scratch
Bob Bergen - Skittles
Kevin Flood - Kalani
Otto Sturcke - Victor
Mark Miller - Gate Keeper
Shirley Jordan - Tanya
Jim Kane - Marcus
David Pevsner - Tardust

The Nerdist and Modern Myth Productions present: We're Alive "In the Flesh" Live @Meltdown comics.

There will be a live performance of Chapter 1 "It Begins", a Q and A panel hosted by Greg Miller from IGN and Brittney Brombacher from "We're Not Dead". They might just give out a prize or two if you can answer some trivia. Joining the WND hosts and actors from the series will be Kc Wayland (Writer and Director) and Shane Salk (Co-Creator and Producer). They might talk about some of the more recent episodes, so NOW is a good time to get caught up on the show!

After the panel, the cast and crew will have a meet and greet and will be available to sign any WA swag you might have. Don't have any? We'll have exclusive T-Shirts and merchandise available at the show!

Saturday, April 16th, 8PM $10

No Idea what We're Alive is? It's an underground audio drama made modern through the use of foley and sound design. Did I also mention it's FREE to listen to? Here's a short video to give you an idea of what it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj3OswgPeBo&feature=player_embedded

--------------------------- END Advertisement

Tickets will on sale for $10. Seating will be somewhat limited, so get your tickets soon!

You'll notice this is a sponsored event by the Nerdist, Chris Hardwick. I'm not sure if he'll be at the event, but we want to thank him for his support of the show. Thanks again and hope to see you there!

UPDATED Link:
TICKETS NOW ON SALE! (http://www.meltcomics.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=6)

THE AFTERSHOW PARTY

There's a pizza place with beer wine and mix drinks place called rainforest pizza, we have a reservation there for between 11:00 and 11:30 for 40 people. If more show up, they can most likely handle it.

THEY ALSO HAVE HOT WINGS.

http://pizzarainforest.com/

j0be
Mar 7th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Would this be the "announcement"?

Kc
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Would this be the "announcement"?
Yes, but I had to put a placeholder there first for the link on the website.

Britt
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I. Cannot. Wait.

Cutting-T
Mar 7th, 2011, 11:13 AM
What will the Live performance be? A stage performance, audio performance, a spin-off or an existing or future episode? If it is a unique one-off story in the universe will there be a video/audio recording of it afterwards pls?

Sorry for all the stupid sounding questions, but I live in Belgium so it would be quite tough for me to go ; )

Kc
Mar 7th, 2011, 11:52 AM
What will the Live performance be? A stage performance, audio performance, a spin-off or an existing or future episode? If it is a unique one-off story in the universe will there be a video/recording of it afterwards pls?

Sorry for all the stupid sounding questions, but I live in Belgium so it would be quite tough for me to go ; )
It'll be a live performance of Chapter 1, audio performance, but they're on stage with the mics. I can't say anything about a video recording as of yet.

nikvoodoo
Mar 7th, 2011, 01:30 PM
And what are the odds you will relocate this event to the east coast? Because now I'm all sorts of cranky I live in New York. I've only ever wanted to move to California twice in my life: The first time was to move out with my "stage manager wife" (a girl I worked with all the time and we decided we were professionally married) and the second time is now...

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:06 PM
so by meltdown comics you mean this address?

7522 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90046 ?

cool so anyone else from the forum gonna go?

mascaria
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Ahhh jeaaaaaaaaloussss

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:14 PM
sighh dont be LA is a bitch to drive through... but it'll be worth it!

StepLaugh
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I sooo wanna go! This would be awesome to see it done in person.

jdub0827
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:36 PM
So how does one go about getting tickets to this event? Or is it first come first served at the door? Cus my girlfriend and I are in.

Kc
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:38 PM
sighh dont be LA is a bitch to drive through... but it'll be worth it!
Sweet! Ra1th is going! It won't be bad. Traffic isn't bad on Saturday at that time especially.

jdub0827
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Sorry my laziness got the best of me I didn't read the original post.

Kc
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Sorry my laziness got the best of me I didn't read the original post.
I edited it to make it clearer, so it's not your fault.

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Sweet! Ra1th is going! It won't be bad. Traffic isn't bad on Saturday at that time especially.

Cool! I live like an hour or so away from LA so I'll definitely go. So how many people are you expecting?

Pen
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I wish I could go. At least we'll get to hear about it in the forums from those who get to go. :)

SleepyGlenn
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I hope this drums up some more publicity for the show! :-D

Wicked Sid
Mar 7th, 2011, 04:12 PM
It should be We're A-LIVE Performance...

Ha-ha, so very punny.

j0be
Mar 7th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I so want to go, but I'm semi-east coast. (Central Ohio)

Kc
Mar 7th, 2011, 05:35 PM
So how does one go about getting tickets to this event? Or is it first come first served at the door? Cus my girlfriend and I are in.
We'll have tickets go on sale later this week. It's only $10... should be a good time :)

mascaria
Mar 7th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I've been to LA before lots of times.
It's too far to drive from here though for a thing. SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH

TKD SNIPER
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:53 PM
DAM LIVING IN CANADA !!!! ... someone better film it... Kc would that be Okay?

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 11:53 PM
I coulda sworn there were a few people from the forum who live near LA, hope they come!

Funny Muffins
Mar 8th, 2011, 09:59 AM
That date is far away in the future where I can almost for sure make it, however it will be the weekend and I am a college student so I got some golf to play and parties to attend but..
I will try to find some time for a murderous drive into LA.

We hitting up the bars after for some drinks with the cast/krew?!
I would love to get KC drinking so we can pick his brain about the end of this story!
:P

Hollomandious
Mar 8th, 2011, 11:05 AM
so by meltdown comics you mean this address?
7522 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90046 ?

What?! Too good to come to Minnesota!!?

Fail.

Kc
Mar 8th, 2011, 11:18 AM
That date is far away in the future where I can almost for sure make it, however it will be the weekend and I am a college student so I got some golf to play and parties to attend but..
I will try to find some time for a murderous drive into LA.

We hitting up the bars after for some drinks with the cast/krew?!
I would love to get KC drinking so we can pick his brain about the end of this story!
:P

I don't think I'll be drinking much if at all that night because of the amount of work the event will be... and we have to clean up.

Ra1th
Mar 8th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I don't think I'll be drinking much if at all that night because of the amount of work the event will be... and we have to clean up.

hey kc, do you need help with the event? like setting up and cleaning up after?

HomeGrown
Mar 8th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Anyone want to donate to the HomeGrown travel fund? :)

This is awesome, and I humbly beg someone to videotape the event (if permitted) and post it to YouTube for the rest of us.

Kc
Mar 8th, 2011, 11:38 AM
hey kc, do you need help with the event? like setting up and cleaning up after?
We should be ok, but I'll let you know :)

Meeks
Mar 8th, 2011, 12:09 PM
I agree with many people on the thread. I'd love to be there and see all this, but I'm a bit too far to just drive and see it. Over a week drive for me.. Any way of filming this and letting your loving forum members see it? :D

ObamaCat
Mar 9th, 2011, 05:58 PM
If I get could get myself down to LA I would go for sure! Good luck though, hope it all goes well!

Kc
Mar 10th, 2011, 10:04 AM
We're working on the possibility of filming it, so stay tuned on that.

OrangeSMan
Mar 14th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Man im in Orange County... Florida. I wanna go sooo bad. :( Should be good though!

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Mar 15th, 2011, 02:17 PM
If plane tickets weren't so darn expensive (and one of my best friends wouldn't have his birthday on 16/4 :+ ) I'd come, but due to current circumstances it's not very realistic for me to even try. It's a shame I have to be on the wrong side of the globe for this D:

jdub0827
Mar 16th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Got my tickets!! Woot Woot!!

Ra1th
Mar 16th, 2011, 05:18 PM
cool, as of right now, there are 2 members of the forum who'll attend hahaha

Pen
Mar 16th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Lucky 2 members!!!

Eviebae
Mar 16th, 2011, 08:06 PM
You could charge for downloads of it!

Anghil
Mar 16th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I'll see those 2 members and raise you 1 more!

Ra1th
Mar 16th, 2011, 11:31 PM
awesome! make that 3 forum people!

Kc
Mar 17th, 2011, 08:56 AM
That's Grayson, the Zintern... he's on the crew so I dunno if that counts.

StepLaugh
Mar 17th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Fixed it to where he just has the display of staff, but not the perks, unless you want that?

Kc
Mar 17th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Perks? I confused

Ra1th
Mar 17th, 2011, 04:24 PM
prly admin rights

Anghil
Mar 18th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I don't need them yet. When I become more active on the forums, then I'll buff up.

COsurvivor
Mar 28th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Silly question, but you guys going to ComiCon in San Diego?

Kc
Mar 28th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Silly question, but you guys going to ComiCon in San Diego?
Possibly... something we're working on.

yarri
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:43 PM
:( I wish I could come.. I will live vicariously through you all :) that are going.

MGM Ray
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I'm about to pull the trigger and buy tickets, but I'm confused about the "BYOB" what does that mean? I know what BYOB means at a party, but I've never been to a comic store before. Is it still the same thing?

If this means what I think it means I have some great "B" to bring!

Thanks for the info forum.

Kc
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:22 AM
BYOB - Bring your own Booze... or beer... They can't sell it at the event, so people must bring their own.

Meeks
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:30 AM
I can't WAIT for this!

itsallgoodie
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:30 AM
i will be viewing online.

MGM Ray
Mar 30th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Allright, I'm in! Just purchased my ticket!! Woohoo!

Ra1th
Mar 30th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Woooooooo that makes 3 ppl from the forum, for real this time... U don't count anghil

Ra1th
Mar 30th, 2011, 02:49 PM
OH KC! can i help out with the asking questions from the chatbox and whatnot? i know almost everyone on the forum! I could represent!

if the spot's still available that is

valkeriecic
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:36 AM
What's the link for the Justin.tv broadcast or will that be put out closer to the date?

Kc
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:11 AM
What's the link for the Justin.tv broadcast or will that be put out closer to the date?
We're going to put it out closer to the date=-

Killinginist
Mar 31st, 2011, 05:42 PM
I am going, driving all the way down from Ogden UT! Can't wait!

NoReality95
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:18 PM
I can't go in person, but I'll be there via the internet! But my dear cousin will be there for me to tell me about it!

itsallgoodie
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:41 PM
I wish i could attend so badly, i want to meet everyone from the forum. guh, ill have an opportunity to see you all im sure. if it were more in the summer i would plan a road trip but not during school. You can bet ill be watching from the Internets though, and i wish you all good luck!

Roadrunnah
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:39 PM
I cant wait ............ yaaay, gonna be so awesome!! BTW im going :D

sickboy774
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:34 PM
I can't wait either! My coworker turned me on to the podcast and I have been hooked ever since! My fiance is loving it too. Goodtimes!

Hollomandious
Apr 16th, 2011, 07:16 PM
My whole family is crowded in the office, waiting for the show to begin.

I'm jsut so damn giddy! 14 mins to go! (if they are on time).

nikvoodoo
Apr 16th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I wanted to say congratulations to Kc, Shane, cast and crew for a fantastic event tonight. It was such a great time. Thank you for coordinating this for the fans of We're Alive. We appreciate everything you provide us with!

So again, congratulations and we hope you guys had as much fun as we had tonight! We are looking forward to the next live event!

COsurvivor
Apr 16th, 2011, 11:51 PM
I must say I truly enjoyed seeing each of the faces "First 6", Pegs and Riley were cuter than some imagined. Saul and Datu were truly a surprise how they looked.

Only negative, was that the Q&A session was not shown in its entirety... The feed kept cutting in and out, I finally gave up after only seeing 30 seconds of the Q&A. I hope that will be posted in the archives.

nikvoodoo
Apr 16th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Only negative, was that the Q&A session was not shown in its entirety... The feed kept cutting in and out, I finally gave up after only seeing 30 seconds of the Q&A. I hope that will be posted in the archives.

It was confirmed through the twitter account and in the chat rooms at justin tv and on the chatbox that everything was being recorded and will be posted relatively soon (is my understanding) for everyone's enjoyment.

COsurvivor
Apr 17th, 2011, 12:17 AM
good to know... i know i will watch the entire taping again...

mudpuppy
Apr 17th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I lost the feed right at the start of the Q&A session and wasn't able to see it again, good to know that it will be posted somewhere else.

yarri
Apr 17th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Thank you to KC and cast it was wonderful to see you guys do it live!!!!

fraggot
Apr 17th, 2011, 09:15 AM
It was confirmed through the twitter account and in the chat rooms at justin tv and on the chatbox that everything was being recorded and will be posted relatively soon (is my understanding) for everyone's enjoyment.

So does this mean it'll be available in a different format other then Justin.tv? Cause just from watching the replay it looks bad and cuts in and out. If a much better quality version was released, that'd be dandy.

I live in Kentucky and didn't have a car or money at the time so there was definitely no way of me making it all the way to California.

COsurvivor
Apr 17th, 2011, 10:07 AM
the Q & A session is all chopped up... Starts like mid-sentence... I am not happy about this, I wanted to see it and now I am only getting fragments.

Kc
Apr 17th, 2011, 10:12 AM
the Q & A session is all chopped up... Starts like mid-sentence... I am not happy about this, I wanted to see it and now I am only getting fragments.
We'll be posting the whole thing soon. We had problems with the internet. I'm just glad the live performance didn't cut out.

COsurvivor
Apr 17th, 2011, 10:19 AM
The live portion was sweet! It was cool to have a face with the voices too.

j0be
Apr 17th, 2011, 02:13 PM
We'll be posting the whole thing soon. We had problems with the internet. I'm just glad the live performance didn't cut out.

I am very grateful for that as well. The live performance was awesome.