PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 19 part 3 discussion

Kc
Mar 6th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Thought I would make this early

Ra1th
Mar 6th, 2011, 09:31 PM
so what's this special announcement that'll come with 19-3 you're teasing us with on facebook?

lectio
Mar 6th, 2011, 09:39 PM
A special announcement? Exciting!

StepLaugh
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Yeah Im so ready to hear this Kc ;)

mascaria
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Part threes always make me sad. Then it's the start of the two week wait. :(

j0be
Mar 7th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Part threes always make me sad. Then it's the start of the two week wait. :(

It's a good thing, though. It's a bittersweet wait.

Chogidog
Mar 7th, 2011, 07:05 AM
pace..pace...pace...update podcast...pace...pace...pace...update podcast

a watched podcast never updates

gonna be a long couple hours at this rate lol

fraggot
Mar 7th, 2011, 07:22 AM
He's going to announce the cancellation of We're Alive

Kiddddding haha

I usually download it on my iPhone after lunch at work, so I'll have to find out then.

Adogg
Mar 7th, 2011, 07:33 AM
He's going to announce the cancellation of We're Alive

Kiddddding haha

I usually download it on my iPhone after lunch at work, so I'll have to find out then.

Burt, get 'em!

nikvoodoo
Mar 7th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Available on itunes now! REFRESH REFRESH!

j0be
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:03 AM
They killed off Shawn!?

edit: still listening

j0be
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Well... What do we think Lizzy did to get kicked out?
Also, do you think The Colony is going to come after the Tower maller's style?

p.s. kudo's KC on these cliffhangers.

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:35 AM
OHMYGOD GREATEST EPISODE EVER! omygod that was so amazing, i'm sorry i ever doubted you kc, i literally spent the whole first half of the episode mocking you for it still taking place at the colony, BUT THEN THE SECOND HALF KICKED IN, and it was aamazing! AND WE'RE DONE WITH THE COLONY AAAAND BAACK AT THE TOWER, forget the maller/tower team up against the colony i dont even care, we're back home!!! oh man i'm so happy, i cant wait for next week's episode!

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:37 AM
They killed off Shawn!?

edit: still listening

you mean marcus? sean's been dead for a while

AND LIZZY GOT KICKED OUT (i'm kinda eh about this, i didn't really like her, and Burt has his reasons for doing what he does, so i wonder what it is she did!, maybe she lost it and tried to kill Angel or something.)

VeritableHero
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Doubt Lizzy would try to kill someone. I'm betting she was the mole. Hard to think of any other reason she would be banished.

Fantastic episode. This show keeps getting better and better.

stray
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I thought that this was a great episode, I'm glad they didn't take a chapter to get back to the tower. I was half expecting to see the tower under attack or abandoned but glad to see everyone is home and safe except for lizzy of course.

I wonder what will happen to Pete, he'll probably be going around the colony like solid snake offering great deals from a cardboard box or something.

Once again awesome show, can't wait for the next chapter.

j0be
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:48 AM
you mean marcus? sean's been dead for a while.
Nope. I was commenting on how it wasn't an accident.

I'm betting she was the mole.
Or just that Burt thinks she was the mole.

I wonder what will happen to Pete, he'll probably be going around the colony like solid snake offering great deals from a cardboard box or something.
You so win.

Dtran
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Holy! that was amazing!!! the episode was an emotional rollercoaster! KC does it again! great cliffhanger! Good to her datu again, i know alot of people hate him but yeah he's good for the group.

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Ok, so now that the rush has worn off, lets look to the future, caauuse that's what I do. The tower is now officially back at full capacity, Michael's arm is fixed (pretty much, he was able to use an mp5, and an m16) Tanya is here, so Saul is pretty much gonna be fixed up in a week or so. Angel's wounds don't seem so deep, so our soldiers are back in action at long last! But Lizzy got kicked out... wow that came as a shock, when saul hears about this he'll go ballistic, we saw what happened last time lizzy passed out from inhaling some chlorophorm.

Then comes the colony. We haven't seen the last of them... not by a long shot, there's no way we would spend 3 chapters looking for and finding a massive group of other people only to have them not play a role in the series. But the problem is, the colony doesn't know where in LA the tower is, they don't have the slightest idea. Maybe the season will end in an attack against the tower by the colony? and then throw the mallers into the mix somehow because they are also an element.

Oh and I guess I should say it now and just get it over with, I was wrong, it doesn't look like the mallers will help fight against the colony anymore, BUT hey anything can happen, there are still 4 more chapter untill the season finale.

Also this episode brings up a little more context for whoever the mole in the tower is. Up until now, I'd been all too eager to jump on Nikvoodoo's Datu did it train, storywise it could make sense, he was a happy n chipper guy, goes through hell, loses his mind, foams at the mouth and wants the world to burn, but looks like the theories saying Datu would find redemption with Hope turned out to be right, so now I'm reluctant to say Datu might be the traitor, just because he no longer fits with the set role of good guy driven to madness.

Hell maybe it was Lizzy and that's why she got kicked out, but there are two problems with this, We the audience would have missed out on the traitor catching scene, which I think Kc would want us to see, and I find it HIGHLY likely that Lizzy would disobey Burt's direct orders and rules of the tower for Saul, maybe she disobeyed orders and endangered the tower. Maybe Burt wanted to put further restrictions on Saul, restrictions that might lead to his death so Lizzy steps in and fights him tooth and nail to the point where she is banished. But if that is the case I'm confident that Angel would have done the same thing, maybe it was something minor that Lizzy turned into a big deal?

Sir Bob Cornelius Rifo
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:00 AM
ohhhhhhh that was juicy, i'm so glad they got back to the tower

now for the wait to see what happens next

nikvoodoo
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:01 AM
My oh my. So Michael is indeed the Catalyst, but not for the populace uprising. For the impending military coup. Excellent episode. I adored the fact that Kelly was the one who figured out how to blind the Guardians in the Tower. Well played, lady! Congrats, KC! This was an excellent episode!

Oh by the way, I'm gonna throw my hat into the arena now on this: Tanya knows Saul. I'm not going to go so far as to say she's his mother, but it sounded like she put something together in her head when she heard Saul's name. She hadn't heard the name before then.

DakotaYoda
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:30 AM
GREAT episode. Nice resolution to the Colony though I don't think that's the end of them yet. Like Victor said - they probably DO blame them for everything that happened. They'll be back.

I like Angel more every episode he's in... "Oh look. Datu's crying again."

CurlyAngryman
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:38 AM
WOW! I love how characters you initially hate actually grow as people in this series. I'm of course talking about Kelly. She keeps getting better and more competent as the episodes go by. Also, WHY THE F DID BURT KICK OUT LIZZY?

Adogg
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Great job, KC. I loved the different weapons fire noises. Also, loved the budding romance between Kelly and the scout guy.

Oh by the way, I'm gonna throw my hat into the arena now on this: Tanya knows Saul. I'm not going to go so far as to say she's his mother, but it sounded like she put something together in her head when she heard Saul's name. She hadn't heard the name before then.

I thought the same thing when I heard that line. Almost like she was going to ask his last name. I don't think his name was mentioned before this point, either.

I'm thinking Burt kicked Lizzy out for being the mole.

VeritableHero
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Oh by the way, I'm gonna throw my hat into the arena now on this: Tanya knows Saul. I'm not going to go so far as to say she's his mother, but it sounded like she put something together in her head when she heard Saul's name. She hadn't heard the name before then.My thoughts exactly. She definitely knows him. I immediately thought about his mother and that would be a nice emotional bridge.

I like Angel more every episode he's in... "Oh look. Datu's crying again."Agreed. That is in the top running for my favorite quote now. Plus, Datu's response was very well thought out: "Uh, eh, shutup!" :cool:

Cutting-T
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:50 AM
A good plot-twist to say the least, it's the finest example of what I like about the series, because now we have a few distinguishable forces that have all been made by K.C.

1. The Tower
2. The Mallers
3. The Colony
4. The Marked one
5. Skittles
6. any future hazard

Now, what will be interesting is when they inevitably clash, the colony probably doesn't know about the 'Marked One', will the colony meet its match there? Will tha mallers attack the colony and will the tower have to rescue them? After all, the mallers may have intercepted a certain message? Why did Liz get kicked out? WHO IS RANDY?

Hopefully many questions will be awnsered in the next episode of we're alive...

AdrianHD
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:59 AM
That was an awesome chapter. Anyone else have a feeling that Marcus isn't dead? I don't think they'd kill off such an important character in the background like that or with no final moment. My thought: Marcus is alive, Gatekeeper and shovel dude blame Michael's group, eventually leading into a confrontation with the Tower.

HomeGrown
Mar 7th, 2011, 11:01 AM
What a great twist to begin the episode, the only thing nobody predicted! And now I have to go back and listen to the whole series again for clues suggesting Lizzy might be the mole. Plus Datu will finally get out of his funk. Did anyone else sense some flirtation between Victor and Kelly?

Kc
Mar 7th, 2011, 11:18 AM
i'm sorry i ever doubted you kc, i literally spent the whole first half of the episode mocking you for it still taking place at the colony

Now I can finally say the reason this one was so long is because I didn't want to spend any more time away from the tower, but we needed every second to wrap up the events at the colony for it all to make sense.

VeritableHero
Mar 7th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Did anyone else sense some flirtation between Victor and Kelly?Definitely. Not only that but he was extremely willing to help Kelly right away, no questions asked. We know he wanted out of there but it sounded like it was more enticing to leave it with Kelly.

Cutting-T
Mar 7th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Now I can finally say the reason this one was so long is because I didn't want to spend any more time away from the tower, but we needed every second to wrap up the events at the colony for it all to make sense.

I totally agree, I thought that the colony was getting a tiny bit stale, and tha tnew plot develpment meant that the group could get out quickly without it feeling like a forced moment while it leaves the door open for more interesting events. I literally felt like someone arriving home from an 8 hour car-trip from holiday when they got back, and Michael's 'we're home' cemented that feeling, awesome episode, thanks to all the crew and Kc!

Sadly we will never find out Marcus' motivations for keeping Michael alive, or will we?

BTW: I love all the small details.

Gatekeeper: "What, they only locked him up for what he did?"

Pegs: "They locked him up for only making a radio call?"

I liked it a lot how the tower was (sort of) fine when they got back, and that we heard some familiar voices before the episode ended, however, how much of a hero is Michael? Will he want to go back and try and save all those people from the oppression of the Gatekeeper? The anticipation kills...

Renegade13
Mar 7th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I like Datu too, I actually got a little misty eyed when he realized that Hope was Samantha's daughter. Yeah, I'm lame like that.

cycogod
Mar 7th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Victor was a quick convert , he seems a little fishy. something might be up with him helping them escape? great episode.

Ghoul
Mar 7th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Awesome episode, I knew the name of the Chapter was a good clue in this one, I was just hoping for a more positive reaction ;)

I think this is one of my favorite chapters so far, now let's hope that vehicle didn't have some kind of tracking device :)

nikvoodoo
Mar 7th, 2011, 01:46 PM
About Ra1th's theory of a Maller/Tower teamup....what do you think about a potential Maller/Colony team up? Gatekeeper seems to have the type of personality that would be attractive to Durai for any and all of his needs. Perhaps we're headed to a Colony/Maller team up against the Tower. After all, Michael et al have burned both groups of people pretty badly.

The hardest thing to know now is how far Gatekeeper will take the Colony away from Marcus' rules and leadership. Ask me before Chapter 19, there's no way in hell is there any chance the Colony mobilized and went North looking for trouble. But something is obviously wrong with Gatekeepers head and he might take a more offensive and proactive stance than Marcus did.

Funny Muffins
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:04 PM
If they really have no ammo left, then odds are high they will be furious.
If they head North it will be to spill blood.

Maller/Colony?
Oh let's hope not...

At least 2 weeks til we hear why Liz got the boot, gonna be a long wait...

Mikethebassist
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:06 PM
My favorite part yet. As a Musician, I have to say the music in this episode was unbelievable. really glad they got out of there. Cant wait for the next installment!

nikvoodoo
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:08 PM
At least 2 weeks til we hear why Liz got the boot, gonna be a long wait...

Honestly, it could be as simple as she just took the care of Saul way too seriously and tried to do something she knew she wasn't supposed to do.

I wonder if she went crawling to the Mallers since those were the only other group she would have known about. When banished by Burt, do you get any survival supplies? A gun and some ammo? Are you left to figure it out on your own? Hmmmmmmmm.......

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I don't believe that Lizzy would have ever been the mole back during the time of the party since she had no real motives to contact the Mallers. But now with Saul being sick, she may have felt that MPK weren't coming back. She could have contacted the Mallers in hopes of attaining medical supplies or some help, maybe trying to work out a trade (remember Latch and Scratch wanted Lizzie in trade for the fuel truck). It doesn't seem unlikely that in desperate times she'd do anything to keep Saul alive. I don't think she could take the pain of losing someone again. Or it could be simple as she was hording food stuffs for Saul and got busted.

I don't think there is any reason for suspecting Victor of being more than what he seems; the guy was running for his life too and it was made pretty obvious that he wasn't happy living at the colony. Once he learned that Gatekeeper was going to take over, he realized that things were going to get worse than they already were. And yeah, I think he's got a bit of a thing going for Kelly, who by the way, is really pulling her own weight and then some! Kudos Kelly!

I do think that it's possible The Colony could learn of the Tower's whereabouts. Don't forget that Glenn helped Michael send out a radio broadcast to the tower, revealing the Tower's location somewhere to the North. If a reconisance team from the Colony ran into some of the Mallers I believe there may be a chance of an uneasy alliance forming between them to take out the tower. So we may see a reinforced army of Mallers vs. the Tower. Maybe.

Then there was that little prick of the ears by the doctor. She does seem to know Saul. I don't know if she was anxious to see him because he was injured or anxious because she knows a soldier by the name of Saul. Man, so much to talk about but I'm going to halt it right there.

nikvoodoo
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I do think that it's possible The Colony could learn of the Tower's whereabouts. Don't forget that Glenn helped Michael send out a radio broadcast to the tower, revealing the Tower's location somewhere to the North. If a reconisance team from the Colony ran into some of the Mallers I believe there may be a chance of an uneasy alliance forming between them to take out the tower. So we may see a reinforced army of Mallers vs. the Tower. Maybe.

They don't need Glenn to know the Tower is up North. Remember how quickly information passes throughout the Colony. Tanya found out they were from up North, therefore Marcus knew, therefore everyone there knows M/P/K were from L.A. They already knew the general direction before Michael tried to radio the Tower.

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:52 PM

Then there was that little prick of the ears by the doctor. She does seem to know Saul. I don't know if she was anxious to see him because he was injured or anxious because she knows a soldier by the name of Saul. Man, so much to talk about but I'm going to halt it right there.

see the problem with a maller/colony team up is just overkill, hell the tower is the weakest member of the trio by far to begin with, if you have a super power like the colony team up with a superpower like the mallers, the tower is compltely screwed, BUT maybe the fact that they are being hunted by the colony/mallers, will lead to the tower finding a plane and making a run for it, but its to early to tell. honestly, i would be much happier if the colony fought the mallers, just to have that giant war with all the factions, and have the tower run around reaking all sorts of havoc while the other two focus on killing each other. but the future and the finale is up for grabs at this point.

AND TANYA, you brought up something that made me remember something from one of the early chapters. Saul's. Mother. Lives. In. Anaheim. Is it possible that tanya is saul's mom? We don't know tanya's last name. it might be a long shot, but i'm throwing it out there.

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:58 PM

ah i see, so that's why we had a linear storyline focused only on the colony for the whole chapter, but i am ridiculously happy to see the story shift back to the tower, and all the towerfolk, I was even happy to see Datu... which says a lot cause i think datu can go straight to hell. Cant wait for the march 21st episode, a special episode about the tower for my birthday! :D

Pen
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:07 PM
That episode was great! 2 week wait for the next one. Oh man! I don't think Lizzy is the mole. I wonder what she did.

tommy_vercetti
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Lizzy got kicked? Why do I think Kalani had something to do with it?

Wicked Sid
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Kelly and Victor, bow chick wow wow.

I didn't think it would happen but this episode actually had me cheering. Such an awesome episode.

Pikepaw
Mar 7th, 2011, 04:14 PM
I love this episode (Heck I love them all) and man, Gatekeeper (Or I guess Leader now) is worse than I initially thought. I finally realized how sick and crazy he is when he talked about how they will have to make Marcus look like he was torn apart by zombies and then said he would enjoy that part. I hate GateKeeper/Leader so much now uuurrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhh! He has so got to die! Even if I have to enter the We're Alive universe to strangle him with my bare hands. I imagine him as a smaller fellow, just a bit below average height with a slender build...have to go back to the episode he is described in. I think I can take him. Michael should have finished the job on Bigsby's face with the shovel, that's how that jerk needs to die.

I am so relieved that we are back at the Tower, but the Colony can't be forgotten about. GateKeeper/Leader NEEDS to come back, so I can hear him dying in a horrible, cowardly fashion. I wonder how he got past Marcus's guard dogs? Poor dogs getting all shot...unless he didn't and the dogs killed him. While the obvious bet is that Marcus is dead, the way things were left means it is somewhat possible he survived since we don't really know what happened. I'm just the kind of guy who never believes someone is dead unless their corpse is front of me, in several pieces and checked for vital signs. Also I want GateKeeper/Leader to be torn apart somehow.

Lastly, I found the Datu/Hope very sweet, touched my heart. Yet the final line of the episode left me going eyes wide with a WTF expression. You have some splaining to do KC. Also, send me into the We're Alive world so I may beat upon GateKeeper/Leader and pound Bigsby with a shovel

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Well i think its a point worth bringing up that we don't actually KNOW marcus is dead. We didn't see him die, we didn't hear what happened because we were busy following MPKVHT on their escape attempt. Maybe Marcus survived the assassination attempt? It wouldn't be the first time, there was a certain incident at a certain water pump where a certain leader was presumed dead for many chapters until he showed up in a hummer with a broken arm and saved the day.

I wouldn't mind that actually, after 19-2 Marcus had begun to grow on me, he was a man who did what he had to do for the greater good of the majority, and along the way he picked up some nice things for himself, and some compromises had to be made on people's freedom for their security, I wouldnt mind him joining the tower (or the mallers!), if he's still alive that is

ObamaCat
Mar 7th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Fantastic episode. Just fantastic. I literally jumped for joy multiple times.

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Fantastic episode. Just fantastic. I literally jumped for joy multiple times.

haha same here, like when kelly shot the flare when the snipers were using nightvision, that was so awesome, or even better, when they got back to the tower, and everything was ok! (cept lizzy, but lets face it, she prly deserved it (besides i'm sure she's fine, they wouldnt just kick her out without any weapons and food))

ObamaCat
Mar 7th, 2011, 04:33 PM
After this episode, I can see a joint op, Tower + Mallers attack on the colony

ObamaCat
Mar 7th, 2011, 04:35 PM
haha same here, like when kelly shot the flare when the snipers were using nightvision, that was so awesome, or even better, when they got back to the tower, and everything was ok! (cept lizzy, but lets face it, she prly deserved it (besides i'm sure she's fine, they wouldnt just kick her out without any weapons and food))

As much as I like Lizzy, I would definitely sacrifice her for MPKVHT's safe return. I was only slightly saddened by that since I was so worried they were going to find the Tower abandoned or attacked.

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 04:38 PM
After this episode, I can see a joint op, Tower + Mallers attack on the colony

you just made my day :)

Wicked Sid
Mar 7th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Mallers and the Colony team up and attack the Tower after Gate Keeper squeezes information out of Glen and Pete.

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Mallers and the Colony team up and attack the Tower after Gate Keeper squeezes information out of Glen and Pete.

but how would the tower defend something like that? The only thing they could do is make a run for it, maybe try and get a plane and fly away (kalani is a pilot, Pegs's dad was a pilot) BUT there is still the big ground zero mystery in LA that needs to be figured out, and INK is still in LA, so i don't think they'll leave just yet.

Meeks
Mar 7th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Man, it felt good to hear some familiar voices in this episode. I was in complete shock hearing Lizzie was kicked out. I have a few ideas as to why, but maybe I'll get into those later. Not so much as being a mole.. but other reasons.

God, why must you leave us with these cliffhangers all the time? No fun!

Decomposed Ass2Ass
Mar 7th, 2011, 04:58 PM
THEY LEFT BEHIND PETE!!! :( poor guy, he just wanted to spread the love with his bottled water.

j0be
Mar 7th, 2011, 05:02 PM
The entire Lizzy thing is something I think I'm just going to have to wait to see, rather than poking at something I have VERY few details about. Angel seemed kind of blasé about Lizzy being kicked out, but maybe I'm reading into that wrong.

An interesting theory I think might develop out of this stuff is a mixed alliance. I think the Mallers may ally themselves with the colony, and the Tower will be hard pressed to defend themselves, until... Scratch switches sides within the enemy camp and turns the tide.

This will need to have to more development in Scratch's character, but I think much more development is in the making.

By the way, if any of you are going to PAX East, and see Greg Miller, you know you want him to sign your water bottle.

ObamaCat
Mar 7th, 2011, 05:12 PM
you just made my day :)

Glad to hear that :)

I don't think the colony poses as much of a threat now. I'm sure a lot of lives were lost in the rebellion, and people loyal to Marcus will continue to fight afterwords, so they won't have as much manpower as before and MPKV took most of the guns and ammo and the colony will be hard-pressed to fight without those.

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Honestly right now all I want is a tower centric episode. I wanna know what's been goin on. I wanna see Angel hang out with Michael and Saul. I wanna see Saul get better. See if Riley came out of the closet yet. I wanna see the changes in kalani's character and I'd love to hear Burt again. Man I really missed the tower! And as much as I like the mallers I don't think we should be focusing on anyone but the tower for a chapter or so

ObamaCat
Mar 7th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Very true. I don't necessarily anticipate an attack on / by the colony anytime soon, but can see it happening in the future.

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 05:19 PM
An interesting theory I think might develop out of this stuff is a mixed alliance. I think the Mallers may ally themselves with the colony, and the Tower will be hard pressed to defend themselves, until... Scratch switches sides within the enemy camp and turns the tide.

This will need to have to more development in Scratch's character, but I think much more development is in the making.
[/B]

I don't think it's likely for scratch to turn against the mallers for the towers sake. Zombiehead put it best scratch hate pegs for killing latch. I don't think she'd willingly do anything to help Peggs

Pikepaw
Mar 7th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Well i think its a point worth bringing up that we don't actually KNOW marcus is dead. We didn't see him die, we didn't hear what happened because we were busy following MPKVHT on their escape attempt. Maybe Marcus survived the assassination attempt? It wouldn't be the first time, there was a certain incident at a certain water pump where a certain leader was presumed dead for many chapters until he showed up in a hummer with a broken arm and saved the day.

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Especially in this type of genre, I need to see a corpse to be SURE that someone is dead. I wasn't convinced Michael was dead that time either. I think it would be a good twist if Marcus and his pack of bodyguards survived. Also, if that happened I would be able to shout, "Called it!" to no one in particular. In fact, the only reason I accept Samantha is dead is that we heard her final screams and that is one of the deaths that I do not want to accept

Hellbringer
Mar 7th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Best line for me was "I got 50 pounds of ammo on my back, but hey, what's a few more?" Loved it, absolutely loved it.

Nutz
Mar 7th, 2011, 05:54 PM
GREAT episode. Nice resolution to the Colony though I don't think that's the end of them yet. Like Victor said - they probably DO blame them for everything that happened. They'll be back.

I like Angel more every episode he's in... "Oh look. Datu's crying again."

that was my favorite line.

Nutz
Mar 7th, 2011, 06:16 PM
KC and cast, great, great episode. I'm a cranky 44 year old guy and this episode gave me chills,literally, a couple of times.
Glad they are back in the tower, hearing familiar voices was nice.
Didn't lizzie screw up a while back letting Ink in the Tower? Maybe Burt was getting back at her.

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 06:22 PM
KC and cast, great, great episode. I'm a cranky 44 year old guy and this episode gave me chills,literally, a couple of times.
Glad they are back in the tower, hearing familiar voices was nice.
Didn't lizzie screw up a while back letting Ink in the Tower? Maybe Burt was getting back at her.

Burt wouldn't do something so petty like that. Besides if his reason for kicking her out didn't hold obvious reason, then her friends would have stuck up for her. I know Angel would (even though she hates him) the only reason they would allow something like this to happen is if Lizzie and Burt argued about something (prly Saul) and by the end of it Burt gave her an ultimatum and she chose to leave (maybe to fin help for Saul?) rather than stay.Or so I think

NoReality95
Mar 7th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Dear God I freaked when the group left the colony, even gasped a few times. I started to cry when Mike said they were going "home" the fact they all keep saying "home" makes me so happy. Also I love Datu now being Hope's "daddy". I'm just happy that we are back at the Tower. But, Lizzie, now I'm scared for her and Saul! What did she do? I think maybe she did something with Saul, like take off the shackles or even...no, Lizzie could be the rat!

lectio
Mar 7th, 2011, 07:13 PM
"Oh, look - Datu's crying again."

Best line award for the episode goes to Angel.

Th3_T3ch
Mar 7th, 2011, 07:29 PM
So no one has touched this subject. Michael's and Kelly's journals were left at the colony. This could mean that the colony knows where the tower is at. MPKVHT left in such a hurry that they left their journals, except for Pegs, in the house.

Kc
Mar 7th, 2011, 07:33 PM
So no one has touched this subject. Michael's and Kelly's journals were left at the colony. This could mean that the colony knows where the tower is at. MPKVHT left in such a hurry that they left their journals, except for Pegs, in the house.
The journals were not left. They were taken with them. Kelly grabbed them in the scene when Victor is explaining what happened.

Wicked Sid
Mar 7th, 2011, 07:33 PM

Kelly grabbed those.

*Edit* Damn, Kc beat me by milli-seconds.

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 07:34 PM
didn't kelly specifically run back for their journals, when victor was getting guns? i figured she'd gotten all of theirs

*Edit* Double beaten by Sid and Kc

ObamaCat
Mar 7th, 2011, 07:36 PM
MPKVHT. Best acronym ever.

Th3_T3ch
Mar 7th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Listening through it again I realized Kelly did. I didn't hear it the first time because it was a short conversation amongst a plethora of action

Adogg
Mar 7th, 2011, 08:34 PM
MPKVHT. Best acronym ever.

Sounds like a bad guy army from Call of Duty Black Ops.

mascaria
Mar 7th, 2011, 08:55 PM
I was cleaning the kitchen while listening to this episode (having listened to 19-1 & 2 while eating dinner). I seriously had to sit down, holding my head in my hands because I stopped breathing so many times during this episode that I couldn't concentrate on anything but the action that I was listening to. God damn, Kc. Please remember us little people when you're like holy shit famous Hollywood guy? Thanks.

My prediction: Chapter 20 - Moving day. They HAVE to get out of the Tower.

Going to re-listen before I make comments about the rest of the theories flying around.

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:29 PM
hahhaah i gave up on trying to multitask while listening to new episodes of we're alive! waaaayy to difficult. I tried listening to a new episode while driving once... BAD FUCKING IDEA!!!

shananala8
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Soooo, if Lizzie really got kicked out and isn't dead, (and isn't just living in a building next door. Angel didn't sound super worried, so she may not be in a horrible position), where are the two major places she could end up? First up is that she may have gone to the Mallers to try and get some medicine/help for Saul. That would set up some interesting events of its own, and is probably more likely than the next option but possibly not as exciting. The other option, the one that makes me silly giddy, is that she could end up at the arena requiring the Tower to launch an offensive to free her. That would be nuts.

Pen
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Soooo, if Lizzie really got kicked out and isn't dead, (and isn't just living in a building next door. Angel didn't sound super worried, so she may not be in a horrible position), where are the two major places she could end up? First up is that she may have gone to the Mallers to try and get some medicine/help for Saul. That would set up some interesting events of its own, and is probably more likely than the next option but possibly not as exciting. The other option, the one that makes me silly giddy, is that she could end up at the arena requiring the Tower to launch an offensive to free her. That would be nuts.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe she was the snitch. But, not to cause trouble. Just to see if she could get some help for Saul. I'd like to see her with the mallers. So that the mallers and the tower team up and take on the Colony. That would be pretty exciting. Just my 2 cents!

mascaria
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:27 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe she was the snitch. But, not to cause trouble. Just to see if she could get some help for Saul. I'd like to see her with the mallers. So that the mallers and the tower team up and take on the Colony. That would be pretty exciting. Just my 2 cents!

That doesn't make any sense. The radio snitch happened before Saul got shot so he wasn't sick so Lizzie had no call to try to radio them for help for Saul.

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:29 PM
So that the mallers and the tower team up and take on the Colony. That would be pretty exciting. Just my 2 cents!

Where were you two episodes ago!

Pen
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:35 PM
That doesn't make any sense. The radio snitch happened before Saul got shot so he wasn't sick so Lizzie had no call to try to radio them for help for Saul.

Yah your right! Sorry, guess I need to listen to the show more then once.

Solanine
Mar 8th, 2011, 12:57 AM
I had to restrain myself from yelling out because of the awsome of this episode, I thought it might end as they made it out of the colony but no they get back! Blondy kicked out WTF? I doubt Lizzys the mole, she had Saul to think about. She would have known he would fight to defend the tower and she wouldn't want to endanger him. Kc Please w need the next chapter now! :L

Marvin A. Lanier
Mar 8th, 2011, 01:16 AM
I need the next episode!

I was so disturbed at the thought of blondie being out of the tower.... I think that her being with the mallers is a possibility..... Angel may have helped get her shelter there. But who knows.

Solanine
Mar 8th, 2011, 02:45 AM
I reckon Blondie can look after herself. Possibly she went to live with skittles and they're throwing molitoves at bethemoths together. Joke. I reckon blondie can look after herself though. I wonder why Burt chucked her? I hope Micheal takes leadership so Burt can go back to being a bad-ass old man. Seems like he's going to be the hero now, he comes back after they assumed he was dead with another person with survival experiance, a doctor to fix up Saul and he's saved a blind girl from certain death.

Beaumont
Mar 8th, 2011, 04:40 AM
My favorite part yet. As a Musician, I have to say the music in this episode was unbelievable. really glad they got out of there. Cant wait for the next installment!
I thought the same thing. The music was really good in this episode.

VeritableHero
Mar 8th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Another thought came to me: Perhaps Lizzy didn't obey one of the rules of the tower.

1. Everyone pulls their own weight
2. Everyone pulls guard duty when their duty is assigned
If she was truly concerned about Saul (maybe he was going through a rough patch) then it's possible she didn't want to leave his side. If times were really bad in the tower, Burt could have turned into a major douche bag to keep everyone working. If she refused to do that or refused to be on guard duty in order to look after him ... that would make more sense than her actually being the mole.

I also agree that it's possible Burt thought she is the mole and subsequently ejected her, but I don't personally think it's her.

Hellbringer
Mar 8th, 2011, 06:01 AM
I don't think the theory of Lizzie being the mole is why Burt kicked her out. Didn't she ask Angel to drop off Latch's body, and wasn't Kalani, who is constantly around Burt, with Angel when he dropped off the body and radioed out to Scratch about the location of the body? If it was Lizzie's idea to return Latch's body, I see that as why Burt would tell Lizzie to pound sand.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 8th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Hot Damn! Listened to this last night with wifey in bed. I'm going to start this with saying KC is a frigg'n mad genius! I do believe he uses our little back and forths as fuel to Fk with us. He's sitting in his mad scientist chair chuckling all evil like, rubbing his hands and plotting how to get us again!
Not one of us thought they'd give the colony the middle finger, nor did we think Marcus would get it. I knew Marcus and Gate Keeper had to die for anything to change, but KC flipped the script.

We were so zeroed in on the Colony this and the Colonly that and thinking it was the end all to be all. Nope. It was simply a transition and in the end minor importance concerning the future, but a major factor in moving the story forward concerning Saul's health and building unseen tension at the Tower.
Who'da thunk it? Gate Keeper giving Marcus the long kiss goodnight and bumping off Shawn (still wanna know how he did that) so he could move up the ladder. Know we know why he was SOOOO pissed when Marcus offered the job to Michael.
LIIIIIIZZZZIIIEE!!!
Ok, the clues.. you know what? Nope. I'm not even going to start. KC will just use everything we say and go the opposite direction. All I know is that Saul is gonna snap! Angel must have gotten punked pretty good

j0be
Mar 8th, 2011, 06:12 AM
I know that multiple people said this before, but I'm going to narrow in on it. Victor asked why the journals were so important when Kelly grabbed them. Then "They just are!"

Didn't [Kelly] ask Angel to drop off Latch's body...?
Nope. That was Pegs.

Hellbringer
Mar 8th, 2011, 06:20 AM
well, there goes that idea...

I know that multiple people said this before, but I'm going to narrow in on it. Victor asked why the journals were so important when Kelly grabbed them. Then "They just are!"

Nope. That was Pegs.

Onslaught
Mar 8th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Pretty good episode, and I knew right away when the lady was leading Pegs to Marcus that she wasn't on their side when she said Marcus lived in the village. I was like shit, run Pegs, run!

Dtran
Mar 8th, 2011, 08:41 AM
So..... i am curious, how the hell can angel let burt kick lizzy out? Man wth? I am sure it will be explain. But now i am trying to imagine how she survives out there, if she survives and how long?

Whos waiting for a victor/saul mission?

HomeGrown
Mar 8th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Considering how the beginning of 19-3 threw me, I won't be surprised at all if 20-1 starts with "Burt kicked her out of the tower ... just kidding!" :D

Funny Muffins
Mar 8th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Burt kicked her out of the tower ... just kidding!" :D

:)

I like that prediction.
But I just don't see KC hitting us with that sorta twist at this point!

Lizzie slept with Zomb-Saul, Burt found her upstairs and preceded to equip her for life outside the tower. What if she's across the way in the zip line building or something close like that? She might just be removed until Mike gets back...

I just don't see her making another INK like mistake while they were away!
She's a freaking Psychologist!
She would learn from her mistake.

Z Sniper
Mar 8th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Whos waiting for a victor/saul mission?

I can't wait!

Ra1th
Mar 8th, 2011, 10:43 AM
we should talk about victor and what he brings to the tower, cause he's pretty hard core, he's been out in the zombie apocalypse for days at a time, he's easily just as experienced as michael/angel/saul/burt at fighting, and i'll bet he's even better at moving around undetected, prly like skittles status when it comes to that

Hollomandious
Mar 8th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I agree. But i'm thinking that's around 21, or could be a crazy deal and be part of the season finale. <br />
<br />
20, will be something like, &quot;The Takeover,&quot; or something to that effect. Michael is taking...

Hollomandious
Mar 8th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Yah your right! Sorry, guess I need to listen to the show more then once.

Consider it your task in life. :)

i know i do. 10 times thru from beginning to end now.

"i need a strong drink, and peer group."

Ra1th
Mar 8th, 2011, 10:58 AM
hahah you're not alone i think i've gone through like 7 times now

Hollomandious
Mar 8th, 2011, 11:37 AM
hahah you're not alone i think i've gone through like 7 times now

If you were local, i'd say come have a drink and be part of my peer group. heh.

Solanine
Mar 8th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Huh thats funny, I started after Greg miller suggested it and have only listened once. my second listen through will take place at the end of the production (may it be long, long away). I want to go back and be semi-fresh to it so I can re do the noobs listen through properly ( I may be found dead of malnutrition having spent a week shut up listening).

nikvoodoo
Mar 8th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Huh thats funny, I started after Greg miller suggested it and have only listened once. my second listen through will take place at the end of the production (may it be long, long away). I want to go back and be semi-fresh to it so I can re do the noobs listen through properly ( I may be found dead of malnutrition having spent a week shut up listening).

Don't worry about that too much. It should only take you about 2 solid days of listening to get through the whole thing....unless you have like a job, or like....responsibilities. In theory you can do it in one day. My iTunes counter puts the run time right now at 19 hours. Including the 40 minutes of Season 1 recap.

Beaumont
Mar 8th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Does anyone else think the "recon team" may have followed them? I don't think anything is randomly placed in an episode and they probably pointed them out for a reason. I still think we could have a maller/tower team up because they are outgunned separately and I'm sure all of the colony will be against Michael and the gang after everything is pinned on them.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 8th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Does anyone else think the "recon team" may have followed them? I don't think anything is randomly placed in an episode and they probably pointed them out for a reason. I still think we could have a maller/tower team up because they are outgunned separately and I'm sure all of the colony will be against Michael and the gang after everything is pinned on them.

I think this is a definite possibility. We could end up seeing a group from the Colony, not a whole bunch, but enough to be a threat, showing up on the outskirts of the Tower. If it's a handful of them, it makes it even more likely that they will team up with the Mallers. This would make them quite a serious threat and at the same time still something the Tower could survive.

But even if the Colony and the Mallers joined forces I would not be suprised. When the Mallers attacked the Tower the first time, I kept waiting for things to get better, but then the fire started, and the flesh-biters attacked, and Tommy turned, and Saul got shot... It just seems like we can't expect the odds to ever be in the favor of the Tower, in fact, we should expect odds to be stacked severly against the Tower!

Ra1th
Mar 8th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Yeah th tower only has like 4 soldiers and now they've got victor too, the rest are kinda pseudo soldiers. Unless they are on defense AT the tower they are royally screwed. The colony doesn't know the size of the tower so they'd bring a sizable force prly. And the chances are low of the colony just marching up to the tower door at the season finale bc that already happened last season

Evil Prodigy
Mar 8th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Just have to say, loved episode 19- I hope this goes on for 100 more +. You guys rock. I even have friends downloading it and they had never even liked zombies etc. needless to say they are now hooked and dammit they are all begging me now to borrow books and movies.

UndeadSweeper
Mar 8th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Did they take a majority of the ammo? You can't start a war without ammo, right? And the Maller can't be great shape as well. If I was the leader of the Maller, I would come back the very next morning and attack while the tower was still licking thier wounds. We can't tell how many Mallers were lost in the attack since the bodies would been taken by the zombies. They only ones in a position to have a strong attack are the zombies from the Stadium.

Ra1th
Mar 8th, 2011, 02:46 PM
The fact that the colony doesn't have much ammo left may buy the tower some time, say 3 or 4 chapters worth but I am growing more and more convinced that the finale will be the colony coming to LA to get their doctor back and to attack the tower for the chaos they caused. And then throw the mallers and Ink into the mix and that'll be an even more epic finale than the first one!

UndeadSweeper
Mar 8th, 2011, 02:57 PM
It would be hard for the colony. They need to conserve ammo to protect the colony itself and for the guardians keeping the order. Been that that alot of people there, the more force you send to LA the bigger chance you have losing control over of the colony. I don't think Victor was only one unhappy with gatekeeper. You also need to supply the recon teams or no one will want to do thier job without ammo to protect themselves. Basically attack the Tower and they may lose thierfort. I see people leave the colony to join the tower then the colony attack the tower. The radio guy probably still has the band to contact the Tower.

Coolluck
Mar 8th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Personally, I felt like this episode was really rushed. By that I mean, that the whole leaving the tower seemed like something that would happen over the next chapter and not all at once. Also, it felt strange that they were able to get back to The Tower so easily. Don't get me wrong, I liked the episode, but it seemed like too much happened too quickly. Maybe that was the point, that they were in a rush, and didn't leave properly, but still to get back home in the same episode they left seems odd.

Ra1th
Mar 8th, 2011, 03:27 PM
It would be hard for the colony. They need to conserve ammo to protect the colony itself and for the guardians keeping the order. Been that that alot of people there, the more force you send to LA the bigger chance you have losing control over of the colony. I don't think Victor was only one unhappy with gatekeeper. You also need to supply the recon teams or no one will want to do thier job without ammo to protect themselves. Basically attack the Tower and they may lose thierfort. I see people leave the colony to join the tower then the colony attack the tower. The radio guy probably still has the band to contact the Tower.

not likely

because the colony only knows that the tower is somewhere in LA, first of all the colonists can't even leave the colony, MPKVHT got out through pure luck in all the chaos. Even if a rogue band of colonists escaped the colony, and tried to get to the tower, they wouldnt know where to go, they'll go up north, maybe make it to LA, and then what? start combing the city for survivors? no way they'll survive, for them a much better option is to try to make it to San Diego. Tanya mentioned that there are known survivors in SanDiego, a rogue band of colonists have a better shot of making it to somewhere that they know where to go than make for the tower. And who would try and make it to the tower? the only other people that we know of in the colony is glenn, and pete, and they're both minor characters, if there was going to be a group of colonial rebels who were going to escape and go to the tower, it wont be a bunch of random characters we've never met.

And as for the radio, if Glenn can send a signal out to the tower, the tower can't respond, (thats IF the tower recieves the message to begin with which we do not know)

We know NOTHING about how the colony's defenses work, how their recon teams work, if there are hundreds of people in the colony, then there HAS to be more than one ammo room, and seriously there is no way that MPKVHT could have made off with all the ammunition for a small army. Maybe they took some, but i will bet you anything the colony has more reserves of ammo than just the 50 pounds of it that kelly had on her back. and if they don't they'll be able to find more.

You make a good point that if a fighting force is sent to LA, there will be less at home to protect the colony, and to that i'll say this, we don't know how many "soldiers" the colony has, they may have 30 guardians, they may have a 100 guardians, maybe they have more, but we don't have the slightest clue, and it doesnt take that many people to defend an area, as evidenced by how the 4 people in the tower was able to defend it against the mallers, and then against a zombie horde, Defending the colony wont be a problem, and if people begin to rebel, the guardians have automatic weapons, and the rebels don't, simple as that, the guardians would mow down the rebellion before it even got under way. Marcus/Gatekeeper would make sure that the colony is rebellion proof

Ra1th
Mar 8th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Personally, I felt like this episode was really rushed. By that I mean, that the whole leaving the tower seemed like something that would happen over the next chapter and not all at once. Also, it felt strange that they were able to get back to The Tower so easily. Don't get me wrong, I liked the episode, but it seemed like too much happened too quickly. Maybe that was the point, that they were in a rush, and didn't leave properly, but still to get back home in the same episode they left seems odd.

Kc has said that the reason each of chapter 19's installments were 25 minutes long is because he felt the colony story arc had gone on too long, and that he wanted to take the story back to the tower asap. So that's why, and as for the colony, i'll eat my hat if we've seen the last of them this season!

UndeadSweeper
Mar 8th, 2011, 03:46 PM
not likely

because the colony only knows that the tower is somewhere in LA, first of all the colonists can't even leave the colony, MPKVHT got out through pure luck in all the chaos. Even if a rogue band of colonists escaped the colony, and tried to get to the tower, they wouldnt know where to go, they'll go up north, maybe make it to LA, and then what? start combing the city for survivors? no way they'll survive, for them a much better option is to try to make it to San Diego. Tanya mentioned that there are known survivors in SanDiego, a rogue band of colonists have a better shot of making it to somewhere that they know where to go than make for the tower. And who would try and make it to the tower? the only other people that we know of in the colony is glenn, and pete, and they're both minor characters, if there was going to be a group of colonial rebels who were going to escape and go to the tower, it wont be a bunch of random characters we've never met.

And as for the radio, if Glenn can send a signal out to the tower, the tower can't respond, (thats IF the tower recieves the message to begin with which we do not know)

We know NOTHING about how the colony's defenses work, how their recon teams work, if there are hundreds of people in the colony, then there HAS to be more than one ammo room, and seriously there is no way that MPKVHT could have made off with all the ammunition for a small army. Maybe they took some, but i will bet you anything the colony has more reserves of ammo than just the 50 pounds of it that kelly had on her back. and if they don't they'll be able to find more.

You make a good point that if a fighting force is sent to LA, there will be less at home to protect the colony, and to that i'll say this, we don't know how many "soldiers" the colony has, they may have 30 guardians, they may have a 100 guardians, maybe they have more, but we don't have the slightest clue, and it doesnt take that many people to defend an area, as evidenced by how the 4 people in the tower was able to defend it against the mallers, and then against a zombie horde, Defending the colony wont be a problem, and if people begin to rebel, the guardians have automatic weapons, and the rebels don't, simple as that, the guardians would mow down the rebellion before it even got under way. Marcus/Gatekeeper would make sure that the colony is rebellion proof

The only problem with that is the more people you gun down the less people you have to work. :) You probably right about people going to tower blindly. Still with the right radio band they can try contacting the tower once they get closer to the city. The colony is a different issue. As we know the structure of government they have is fear. Gatekeeper need to always keep a strong show of force,the guardians, or the whole thing may go in to chaos. And we still don't know if Marcus is dead. Marcus may ask the tower for help for all we know. :)

Ra1th
Mar 8th, 2011, 04:17 PM
The only problem with that is the more people you gun down the less people you have to work. :) You probably right about people going to tower blindly. Still with the right radio band they can try contacting the tower once they get closer to the city.

well when your numbers are so high you can lose a few people and it will be fine, and the other thing is not everyone will rebel, and third after a strong show of force, aka gunning down your rebellion, and having a rebellion end in bloodshed and failure and futility, your rebels' spirit will be crushed.

The colony is a different issue. As we know the structure of government they have is fear. Gatekeeper need to always keep a strong show of force,the guardians, or the whole thing may go in to chaos.

we don't know how many guardians, and recon teams there are, at any given time there seems to be a heavy force of recon teams out in the world exploring, and scavenging for supplies. I don't think numbers is going to be a problem with the colony, also think of it this way, the colony is a dictatorship ruled by fear, with these types of governments, propaganda is often used to turn the minds of your enemies away from hating you and into hating someone else, in this case, MPKVHT made a ruckus, stole some ammo, and broke out, no doubt the gatekeeper will turn the minds of the colonists against the tower, blaming them for all their troubles. so no need to worry about a rebellion.[/QUOTE]

And we still don't know if Marcus is dead. Marcus may ask the tower for help for all we know. :)

THat's a long shot on many levels, one marcus has to be alive, which we dont know, then he has to somehow find the tower, which no one knows the actual location of, the only way the colony will actually find the tower is by sending their recon teams up to LA, and then have the comb the streets looking for survivors, Marcus can't really pull that off wihtout a sizeable army. Why would the tower help marcus even if he somehow managed to survive, and somehow managed to get to LA and somehow managed to find the tower? Michael hates marcus, the tower has its own problems, the tower couldnt fight the colony toe to toe. Besides if marcus was alive and trying to get his colony back he'd be better off going to another camp of survivors that was mentioned earlier, one that he actually knows the location of, not the twoer that he knows next to nothing about, that is probably actively hostile to him.

Tyrone
Mar 8th, 2011, 06:21 PM
If you turn the awesome up any higher than it was on this chapter, I'm gonna get tinnitus!

HomeGrown
Mar 8th, 2011, 10:08 PM
It may not be that difficult to find the tower. In the soup kitchen, Victor called Kelly "Burt", which verifies that Michael did call her that back in chapter 18. If I recall correctly, it sounded very much like Victor and/or Fernando got nervous upon hearing the name. I think this suggests that the colony has some level of communication with the mallers. Hell, maybe Gatekeeper came from the mall.

nikvoodoo
Mar 8th, 2011, 11:13 PM
It may not be that difficult to find the tower. In the soup kitchen, Victor called Kelly "Burt", which verifies that Michael did call her that back in chapter 18. If I recall correctly, it sounded very much like Victor and/or Fernando got nervous upon hearing the name. I think this suggests that the colony has some level of communication with the mallers. Hell, maybe Gatekeeper came from the mall.

17-2 is the chapter you are referring to. Fernando got nervous because Victor was breaking protocol by not telling Marcus about encountering M/P/K. Victor sounds very collected when he decides to let them go. I don't think there's any contact between the Mallers and the Colony what so ever....for now. The Mallers don't think decisions through as thoroughly as they probably should. If they knew of the Colony, they would have already tried to move in (and then take over because they don't do so well with authority).

And if the Mallers did go south, I would say it would be one hell of a bloody revolution. It wouldn't be a surgical strike like Gatekeeper just orchestrated against Marcus. We have already seen how the Mallers handle their business and it's noisy, loud and destructive.

clem131
Mar 9th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Kc has said that the reason each of chapter 19's installments were 25 minutes long is because he felt the colony story arc had gone on too long, and that he wanted to take the story back to the tower asap. So that's why, and as for the colony, i'll eat my hat if we've seen the last of them this season!

(Hi all, first post) Yeah, it seemed he overcommitted a little on time spent in the colony. As a result this episode felt rushed to me too. Also, I don't quite get how knowing Marcus was not a soldier acts like the firestarter for Gatekeeper's takeover. It seems to be the fact that the knowledge of the lie pushes some guards to switch sides, but for such a complicated operation Gatekeeper had already everything organized and sorted out, he did not need that, so it seemed a little too convenient to me. Just thoughts that crossed my mind while listening yesterday evening.
Anyway, I felt it rushed too but in the end it feels SO GOOD to be back at the tower, and Lizzy being kicked out is just the cherry on top. Don't mean to troll here, it's just that I hate the girl's attitude. :)
And I feel sorry for the elderly gentleman (Glenn? Don't remember, the radio guy).

Robalypse
Mar 9th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Wow, is it me or has Kelly gone from an arrogant, entitled, bitchy lawyer to one bad ass lady? It's funny how I've gone completely from finding her to be a drag on the morale of all the survivor's to a key element to their survival.

It was great to hear Datu's voice again. I realize people find him annoying, but I love the dude. He's so emotive.

I saw someone mention earlier in the thread that the colony has no idea where the tower is, but that's forgetting that Michael sent out the CB message aimed to the North...

nikvoodoo
Mar 9th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Wow, is it me or has Kelly gone from an arrogant, entitled, bitchy lawyer to one bad ass lady? It's funny how I've gone completely from finding her to be a drag on the morale of all the survivor's to a key element to their survival.

It was great to hear Datu's voice again. I realize people find him annoying, but I love the dude. He's so emotive.

I saw someone mention earlier in the thread that the colony has no idea where the tower is, but that's forgetting that Michael sent out the CB message aimed to the North...

If I'm in lower Manhattan, and I point a radio signal "north" where exactly am I aiming? Well it could be mid town, it could be I'm trying to get to the Bronx or White Plains. Albany is north too....so is Montreal. North by itself is hardly helpful.

like I said elsewhere, the colony knows a general direction from Tanya, from the location m/p/k were first contacted by out post one.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 9th, 2011, 07:51 AM
This thread is off the chain.. an long as hell. It took me a while to get through it. I don't have much to say. I'm just replying because I hate feeling left out. ROFL!

Joking... Ok, my 2 cents.
Gatekeeper had his plan in works for a while. He just needed a push. He didn't exactly need the military service piece to act, but it helped him grow a pair. Remember, he'd already set up Shawn's destruction so he could move up the chain of command.

A recon team following them into LA is hardly unlikely. My reasoning for that line of thought is that their head lights would have been seen. Before anyone says "Well, they had Night Vision Goggles!" Driving my NVG's is HARD AS HELL and you can only do it for very short distances.

Someone said on an earlier post that finding the tower would be easy. Really? We need GPS to find a place to eat now, how would you find an apartment building that you have no address or idea where it is in LA? Impossible.

Kelly only took enough ammo to make it "harder" for the guardians to load up quickly to come after them.

Let's assume Marcus is dead ( i suspect he is just like Marcus assumed), human nature being what it is, Gatekeeper won't last either. Someone will get tired of his crazy self and pop him too. Remember, this has only been in the span of months, not years. Stuff is happening fairly quickly. Anyone remember reading "Lord of the Flies" in Jr High? Heck, any season of "Survivor" will show you how quickly people turn on each other and how deals are made.

Ra1th, i'm super happy you finally dropped the Maller/Tower team up idea. Whew! LOL.

Hollomandious
Mar 9th, 2011, 08:42 AM

KC did good. I wanted her to be one of the few who fell during the Maller fight. But now, i'd seriously be pissed if she ended up getting bumped off.

He's the little brother ya just wanna keep picking on.

He sent out a CB channel 23 call towards LA. No one replied. LA is a big place. And, as Marcus/Tanya said (and from what we've seen), it isn't a place anyone wants to go to. Even if the colony sent a recon team, how long do you think it would take for them comb the entire area to find them. They'd probably find the arena first (hehehe... that'd be funny).

The only chance they have of someone from the colony finding them, is if they tailed them as they drove back to the Tower. And, since Marcus had rules in place that the recon and scavenger teams didn't go far from the colony, i doubt he left anyone a car for them to jet off in (tho, i spose, victor had one, so maybe i'm wrong).

Here's a best guess map from me. I found Catalina Island, and i found a Bandinni Blvd in Bell, and the suggestion of where Liberty Park (per Servernode in an 18-2 (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?95-Chapter-18-No-Place-Like-Home-Part-2) discussion.

Hollo's Best Guess Map (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=5300+Bandini+Boulevard,+Bell,+CA&daddr=catalina+island,+ca+to:Santa+Ana,+CA&geocode=FX-9BgIdceP0-CnjbTTw-s7CgDF9F1zMfOuwdA%3BFW51_QEdShzx-CnNAjms527dgDG0uAeYMf44tg%3BFaXqAgIdxnr5-CmFMIJsldvcgDG8_R4fOoRPxw&gl=us&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=33.621481,-118.199158&sspn=1.273892,2.469177&ie=UTF8&ll=33.619194,-118.199158&spn=1.273926,2.469177&z=9)

That's a long way to follow someone.

Maybe i'll listen later tonight and see if i can follow any street name mentions in 1-2 to see if i can figure out where the Tower might be.

Ra1th
Mar 9th, 2011, 09:19 AM

That would be me, and fun fact about cb messages, they are wide spread not pin pointed to one small location. So that message was heard all through the north. Its not like Michael made a phone call to the tower and the colony traced it back to the location of the tower. The colony knows nothing of he tower's location other than it is in LA.

And I totally agree with u Kelly is totally badass now, like Sarah Connor from terminator!

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 9th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Hollow,

The only place I could find is the Reserves station when I started my search

Ra1th
Mar 9th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Crowbar,

Yeaaahh I dropped the maller/tower theory. Now that they are back inLA. It doesn't seem necessary any more. Before I was dead certain that the season would end in an attack on the colony, maybe the team up could still happen, but right now, the finale could be anything. To be honest I like the current situation better! We're back at the tower! :D

Adogg
Mar 9th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Maybe i'll listen later tonight and see if i can follow any street name mentions in 1-2 to see if i can figure out where the Tower might be.

I asked KC about that earlier and he said the tower is made up. It's not a real place but you might still get a general idea of where it is. I did find the military base from 1-1 though. Not sure where my post on that is.

fraggot
Mar 9th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I still don't think we've seen the last of Gatekeeper and other Colony members, they're too interesting characters to only share them for 1 chapter. I see something happening with mallers soon too, maybe Lizzie needed a safe place to go to, only place would be the mallers.

Hollomandious
Mar 9th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Hollow,

The only place I could find is the Reserves station when I started my search

The 3 places I tagged. Bandinni Blvd in Bell (figured it was aprox to where the base is), Catalina island (mentioned by pegs in chap 17) and a place someone else thought was liberty park.

Damnit. Where the hell is that map poster? I'm fiend'n for some confirmation. :)

Hollomandious
Mar 9th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I still don't think we've seen the last of Gatekeeper and other Colony members, they're too interesting characters to only share them for 1 chapter. I see something happening with mallers soon too, maybe Lizzie needed a safe place to go to, only place would be the mallers.

How could you call with the mallers, "safe"? I bet Angel stashed her somewhere. Possibly in the tower. That would be awesome.

Hollomandious
Mar 9th, 2011, 01:17 PM

I like the mom theory. As saul was leaving the fuel depot, he said his he was worried about his moms, but that she was a tough bird. And we don't know what happened to her. It feels like a neat plausible happy thought.

nikvoodoo
Mar 9th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I like the mom theory. As saul was leaving the fuel depot, he said his he was worried about his moms, but that she was a tough bird. And we don't know what happened to her. It feels like a neat plausible happy thought.

The more I sit with the final part of Chapter 19, the more inclined I am to believe she is actually his mother for the exact reason you bring up. Information doesn't drop haphazardly in this show, its there for a reason. And he did say she moved South so.....

fallenXstarX
Mar 9th, 2011, 02:38 PM
I think Lizzie got kicked out because Burt gave up on Saul ever getting better so was going to "put him out of his misery". Lizzie wouldn't stand for it and tried to attack him, or cause an uprising.

Pen
Mar 9th, 2011, 02:46 PM
I think Lizzie got kicked out because Burt gave up on Saul ever getting better so was going to "put him out of his misery". Lizzie wouldn't stand for it and tried to attack him, or cause an uprising.

I like your theory!

Keyser Soze
Mar 9th, 2011, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=Cutting-T;5768]A good plot-twist to say the least, it's the finest example of what I like about the series, because now we have a few distinguishable forces that have all been made by K.C.

1. The Tower
2. The Mallers
3. The Colony
4. The Marked one
5. Skittles
6. any future hazard

Now, what will be interesting is when they inevitably clash, the colony probably doesn't know about the 'Marked One', will the colony meet its match there? Will tha mallers attack the colony and will the tower have to rescue them? After all, the mallers may have intercepted a certain message? Why did Liz get kicked out? WHO IS RANDY?

and dont forget no.7 Paul or the tattooed one as if you remember the one with markings was at the arena but when they rescued Datu they went straight back to the tower and 'Paul' was there causing havoc so i doubt there the same zombie but rather one ink the one mentioned on the tv and the other some scary ass zombie

nikvoodoo
Mar 9th, 2011, 03:05 PM
and dont forget no.7 Paul or the tattooed one as if you remember the one with markings was at the arena but when they rescued Datu they went straight back to the tower and 'Paul' was there causing havoc so i doubt there the same zombie but rather one ink the one mentioned on the tv and the other some scary ass zombie

Don't forget that whomever the zombie was that killed Paul could have been the one from the arena. I calculated that "Its Paul" or whatever you wish to call him was capable of running over 85mph. If he has the same stamina a Behemoth does he could have beat the arena rescuers back with time to spare especially since he's far more nimble than a hummer could ever dream of being.

Zombiehead
Mar 9th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Last night I glanced at this thread and it was 3 pages. Here I come to make my weekly statement and it's already past 7! Sheesh!

Initial thoughts: Pegs journal STILL hasn't been read!

Unless we find out later down the line that Victor's an untrustworthy creep or something I suspect Kelly's got a new beau. Weee!

Production wise, I think the music was outsanding. Who does your piano work? The background ambience added a nice element to the intensity of the scene. Very well done. Acting was awesome as always.

I sense that isn't the last they've heard of the Colony. We don't know if Marcus made it or not so I'm not going to speculate on the aftermath. But I will mention that if Gatekeeper is in control maybe they'll finally all turn into an inbred colony of psycho cannibals and make a comeback next season! mwahahaha!

It's nice to have an outcome that no one saw coming. There were a few bits and pieces of blind guesses that made it into the story but it didn't turn out the way we thought. I like seeing that because it makes great story telling.

Hollomandious
Mar 9th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Don't forget that whomever the zombie was that killed Paul could have been the one from the arena. I calculated that "Its Paul" or whatever you wish to call him was capable of running over 85mph. If he has the same stamina a Behemoth does he could have beat the arena rescuers back with time to spare especially since he's far more nimble than a hummer could ever dream of being.

Also, we didn't hear back from ink after he had his way w/ samantha.

Timeline (my best guess)
Riley and datu get stuck in pile.
Zombies stop feeding in mass due to the call to the arena for samantha's turn.
They exit the pile.
Samantha dies.
Shower time.
Datu passes out.
2nd shower.
Datus still out.
They search.
They find datu/kalani.
They run to door.
The hummer shows up.
They drive back to the tower.
Hilarity ensues.

How much time do you think ink needed to get from one to the other? And at 85mph and not having to follow the roads. He was probably casing the tower before the hummer crew left to go to the arena. As soon as he saw them leave, he made his move.

Ink. He's the shit. Don't deny it. Embrace it.

Kc
Mar 9th, 2011, 09:40 PM

Two thoughts, to keep you guys from going down some weird road.
85 mph isn't a feasible number. The exact times aren't clear in the story. How long was it between Samantha's death and Datu's discovery, isn't layed out in minutes or hours, so it's hard to assume that someone had to travel 85 mph to get back to the tower... Just saying.

Second. Peg's Journal. Michael skimmed it on his way to find victor and talk with Pete. It didn't contain any earth shattering information. When she said she didn't write much, she really didn't. So, we as an audience, didn't focus on it. The nice thing we're able to do with our show is go from moment to moment based on importance in the journals. Not everything is in order when read. This might be something to keep in mind for present and later chapters. For instance, Angel and Kalani's experience with the Behemoth, was not at the exact time that MPK was heading to the colony, in fact it was occurring at time when MPK were already at the colony. The exact timeline will be revealed in the next Chapter, but I can tell you that now.

nikvoodoo
Mar 9th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Two thoughts, to keep you guys from going down some weird road.
85 mph isn't a feasible number. The exact times aren't clear in the story. How long was it between Samantha's death and Datu's discovery, isn't layed out in minutes or hours, so it's hard to assume that someone had to travel 85 mph to get back to the tower... Just saying.

Aww shucks! And I was all proud of the math I did when I calculated "It's Paul's" escape in that other thread.

Ra1th
Mar 9th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Not everything is in order when read. This might be something to keep in mind for present and later chapters. For instance, Angel and Kalani's experience with the Behemoth, was not at the exact time that MPK was heading to the colony, in fact it was occurring at time when MPK were already at the colony. The exact timeline will be revealed in the next Chapter, but I can tell you that now.

dammit kc! just when we thought we were on the right track... sob sob its not fair

but seriously the reveal that angel/kalani adventure happened WHILE MPK was at the colony is a ground breaking development! Actually thinking back on it, the evidence was right in front of us, just no one paid attention to it! Peggs radioed Angel (toucan) from the beach house, asking him for a favor, from that point, he had to go around and actually find the body, and then move it to the car, this would take a few hours! and a long mission like the one angel and kalani went on, they would leave early in the mornign to get as much daylight as they could, the A/K story was happening at least a day after MPK left the boathouse and arrived at the colony! Actually seeing that Angel still has stitches when MPKVHT get back, it must have happened maybe even days after MPK arrived at the colony! So what does this mean?!? i dont know exactly, but its important none the less.

Robalypse
Mar 10th, 2011, 03:55 AM
If I'm in lower Manhattan, and I point a radio signal "north" where exactly am I aiming? Well it could be mid town, it could be I'm trying to get to the Bronx or White Plains. Albany is north too....so is Montreal. North by itself is hardly helpful.

like I said elsewhere, the colony knows a general direction from Tanya, from the location m/p/k were first contacted by out post one.

That and they know they came from L.A. as I believe Tanya and Marcus seemed surprised they managed to survive in the city. They know that the range is probably within 50-60 miles (or whatever it was Glenn said the CB would reach). Michael had apparently drawn a map too that they used to get back to the tower, but who knows who may have seen it? It's not unreasonable someone had already found and read one of their journals too.

Even if they didn't have access to those last two things, they still have good reason to send out recon teams to thouroughly hunt for them as they stole most of their ammo and know a secret that would garuntee Gatekeeper's reign wouldn't last long...

nikvoodoo
Mar 10th, 2011, 06:49 AM
That and they know they came from L.A. as I believe Tanya and Marcus seemed surprised they managed to survive in the city. They know that the range is probably within 50-60 miles (or whatever it was Glenn said the CB would reach). Michael had apparently drawn a map too that they used to get back to the tower, but who knows who may have seen it? It's not p Ppunreasonable someone had already found and read one of their journals too.

Even if they didn't have access to those last two things, they still have good reason to send out recon teams to thouroughly hunt for them as they stole most of their ammo and know a secret that would garuntee Gatekeeper's reign wouldn't last long...

My point was that people were seeming to think the colony people would know exactly were the tower was because of the radio signal. All they know from the broadcast is they were trying to reach someone in the north.

Michael had a map, he didn't draw one. He was marking where the rescue signs were on it in chapter 17. And all the journals are in the possession of their respective owners. Kelly grabbed hers and michael's before their escape and michael already had pegs'

Hollomandious
Mar 10th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Aww shucks! And I was all proud of the math I did when I calculated "It's Paul's" escape in that other thread.

Hey now. Think about it. The 85 mph thought is good, tho approximate. We know runners can go atleast 50mph (see when SLB were driving away from the ambush site being chased by runners). how hard is it to believe the super bad ass one can't run atleast 70-80? How fast does a cheetah run?

Nuff sed.

patient zero
Mar 10th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Such a good episode the music and audiowork never ceases to amaze me in how good it is at setting the scene in my imagination! Cant believe the ending why is two weeks such a long time? :(

yarri
Mar 10th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Is the art work modeled after the cast? My daughter and I spent an afternoon (while I am waiting for the next chapter ) amusing our self with the group picture trying to see if we could guess who belonged to what character... Saul looks like saul and Pegs looks like Pegs.. and Michael looks like Michael. (at least to us)

GChild78
Mar 10th, 2011, 12:32 PM
My point was that people were seeming to think the colony people would know exactly were the tower was because of the radio signal. All they know from the broadcast is they were trying to reach someone in the north.

Michael had a map, he didn't draw one. He was marking where the rescue signs were on it in chapter 17. And all the journals are in the possession of their respective owners. Kelly grabbed hers and michael's before their escape and michael already had pegs'

You all seem to forget that Kelly talks a little too much :P

nikvoodoo
Mar 10th, 2011, 12:47 PM
You all seem to forget that Kelly talks a little too much :P

Kelly used to talk to much. I haven't heard her run off at the mouth since Tommy died. The only time she seemed to talk to the point that she talked someone's ear off in Season 2 is Victor, and I think that's because she's got the hots for him and was trying to engage him in conversation by any means necessary.

Destiny
Mar 10th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Great episode. I wonder why Burt kicked Lizzy out?

Onslaught
Mar 10th, 2011, 02:47 PM
KC I'm having mixed feelings about you. I was into the episode I was on the edge of my seat. Then I hear the music that ends it.

I'm not sure if I want to punch you or hug you. [Sobs]

Robalypse
Mar 10th, 2011, 06:02 PM

Oh yeah, I didn't think they would know exactly, but they do from the broadcast alone, have a vague idea of the direction and potential range at least. I just have serious doubts the new colony tyranny won't be determined to seek revenge on Michael and crew and I'm just trying to fill in possibilities for how they might find them.

As for the map, Kelly said they followed it to get back home. Sure she and Victor may have just been following the routes on the map, but it sounds like Michael may have been marking more than just the rescue signs, and even if he wasn't, there would have been a noticeable route where they had seen the signs. Concerning the map and the journals, one thing we've learned was that nothing in the colony really does go unnoticed. Who would have thought Michael's conversation with Marcus was bugged? I sure as hell didn't. Even though Pegs had hid them, she and Kelly would have been out of their living quarters for extended periods of time and it doesn't sound like a couple of control freaks like Marcus or the Gatekeeper would be above attempting to find out every little detail about the tower dwellers. In fact, maybe it was knowing what was in Michael or one of the others journals that made Marcus impressed enough to offer Michael the spot as second in command, besides what he openly told him.

Thanks for humoring me though nik. I admit I may be way off base, but it's a testament to the excellent writing that there's a lot of joy to be had in just trying to guess what might happen next.

GChild78
Mar 10th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Kelly used to talk to much. I haven't heard her run off at the mouth since Tommy died. The only time she seemed to talk to the point that she talked someone's ear off in Season 2 is Victor, and I think that's because she's got the hots for him and was trying to engage him in conversation by any means necessary.

True, true...but how bored do you think she was doing laundry all night? There had to be some sort of conversation, right? I'm sure she wanted to know her co-workers' story. Unless talking is just against colony rules while working...

A thought just came to mind...since Lizzy got kicked out of the tower, what are the chances she ends up at the colony and that's how they find out about the tower? I mean, all they know is that Micheal radioed north of there, right? If Lizzy is taken hostage by Gatekeeper and friends, my guess is that Gatekeeper will radio in that direction using Lizzy as leverage. If Saul is healthy by then, he's gonna want her back...so...

Well...that's all I have so far...

nikvoodoo
Mar 10th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Oh yeah, I didn't think they would know exactly, but they do from the broadcast alone, have a vague idea of the direction and potential range at least. I just have serious doubts the new colony tyranny won't be determined to seek revenge on Michael and crew and I'm just trying to fill in possibilities for how they might find them.

As for the map, Kelly said they followed it to get back home. Sure she and Victor may have just been following the routes on the map, but it sounds like Michael may have been marking more than just the rescue signs, and even if he wasn't, there would have been a noticeable route where they had seen the signs. Concerning the map and the journals, one thing we've learned was that nothing in the colony really does go unnoticed. Who would have thought Michael's conversation with Marcus was bugged? I sure as hell didn't. Even though Pegs had hid them, she and Kelly would have been out of their living quarters for extended periods of time and it doesn't sound like a couple of control freaks like Marcus or the Gatekeeper would be above attempting to find out every little detail about the tower dwellers. In fact, maybe it was knowing what was in Michael or one of the others journals that made Marcus impressed enough to offer Michael the spot as second in command, besides what he openly told him.

Thanks for humoring me though nik. I admit I may be way off base, but it's a testament to the excellent writing that there's a lot of joy to be had in just trying to guess what might happen next.

Agreed. They would know the general idea of where they were from from multiple things including the broadcast.

I must have missed the map conversation on the ride back. I'll relisten but you do bring up an interesting point about Marcus/Gatekeeper rifling through peoples things. Though for Kelly and Pegs it would be harder since they worked opposite shifts and the window of opportunity would be very small.

True, true...but how bored do you think she was doing laundry all night? There had to be some sort of conversation, right? I'm sure she wanted to know her co-workers' story. Unless talking is just against colony rules while working...
Good point, but as we've seen with Kelly she does tend to shell up when she's forced to do physical labor. She probably wasn't very talkative. Besides, there wasn't much talking going on in the fields with Pegs. If they had a supervisor in the laundry, odds are they kept the conversations in check. But again, good point. Kelly might ahve let something slip while working the graveyard shift.

Ra1th
Mar 10th, 2011, 09:05 PM

not likely, after Tommy's death, Kelly doesnt speak much. On top of that, her personality has changed from loud and rebellious, to quiet and cynical, you can see this when she's talking to angel before MPK leaves, you see this after the war when she's says she'll stay with saul, and when she talks with michael about loss and tommy's death. She's a LOT quieter nowadays, the only time she talks a lot, is when she's forcing it, like when she tries to impersonate burt, or when she tries to find out more info on victor by asking him a bunch of questions. AFter realizing the tyrannical rule that the colony imposed, i doubt she spoke to anyone about anything unecessary.

OrangeSMan
Mar 14th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Just had to say that last night I finally am OFFICIALLY up to date on We're Alive and am loving it! But another weeks wait is a burden im gonna have to face often now :(

nikvoodoo
Mar 14th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Just had to say that last night I finally am OFFICIALLY up to date on We're Alive and am loving it! But another weeks wait is a burden im gonna have to face often now :(

I'd say congratulations....but you are now stuck in the miserable boat we are in every week. No longer do you have the ability to sit down and just listen straight through.....you have to suffer and wait with the rest of us......

I will say welcome to the best support system that exists for We're Alive Syndrome. :p

OrangeSMan
Mar 14th, 2011, 05:17 PM
not likely, after Tommy's death, Kelly doesnt speak much. On top of that, her personality has changed from loud and rebellious, to quiet and cynical, you can see this when she's talking to angel before MPK leaves, you see this after the war when she's says she'll stay with saul, and when she talks with michael about loss and tommy's death. She's a LOT quieter nowadays, the only time she talks a lot, is when she's forcing it, like when she tries to impersonate burt, or when she tries to find out more info on victor by asking him a bunch of questions. AFter realizing the tyrannical rule that the colony imposed, i doubt she spoke to anyone about anything unecessary. Yea but when she was questioning Victor it seemed a lot more of her being a blooming social flower than her just bugging him to pass time. Though she has become a bit of a cynic I think she is breaking some barriers.

OrangeSMan
Mar 14th, 2011, 05:19 PM
I'd say congratulations....but you are now stuck in the miserable boat we are in every week. No longer do you have the ability to sit down and just listen straight through.....you have to suffer and wait with the rest of us......

I will say welcome to the best support system that exists for We're Alive Syndrome. :p

Haha thanks i guess... But I'm super happy i can partake in all the forums have to offer now! :)

Robalypse
Mar 15th, 2011, 03:54 AM

Ohh yeah, the wait can be very harsh once you reach that point. The good thing is that the latest episodes have been a bit more meaty in terms of length. That may have just been chapter 19, but hopefully most will be closer to 20 minutes than 10. I waited a few months after getting caught up to relisten to the entire series over again and it was still fantastic even though I knew what was gonna happen. You also can catch some details you might have missed the first time around.

Walrusgus
Mar 16th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Great chapter. One of my favourites! Kc, I would just like to say that the sound editing and all that stuff is absolutely fantastic at the moment and to keep up the good work!

yarri
Mar 17th, 2011, 04:49 PM

hehe maybe when they go on vacation we will have to have weekly group sessions to talk about withdrawal?

nikvoodoo
Mar 17th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Hello. My name is nikvoodoo and I'm a alive-oholic

yarri
Mar 18th, 2011, 04:25 AM
{everyone} Hi NIK

Pteranodon
Mar 18th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Who's Lizzy again? And Bert? Been about six months since we heard from these people.... (ok not that long but it seems like it)

yarri
Mar 18th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Who's Lizzy again? And Bert? Been about six months since we heard from these people.... (ok not that long but it seems like it)

Lizzy Fabra Dr of psychology who one dark and crazy night with her now dead BF Todd found their way to the Tower as they were being chased by a pack of flesh loving zombies.. Lizzy made it in. Todd became Zombie chow. She is now Saul's main squeeze and a fierce fighter

Burt is the oldest remember of the group is a retired marine who has a rather nifty knack of hitting most anything he has shot at with a 50 cal hand cannon desert eagle he loving has named after his dead wife Shirley. Burt was found on a grocery run by Saul and Angel. He had gotten trapped in the potty by a rather smart zombie and was suffering from serious hypoglycemia.. Saul fixed him up. Burt is currently in control of the tower..

Helpful?

mascaria
Mar 18th, 2011, 01:54 PM
hehe maybe when they go on vacation we will have to have weekly group sessions to talk about withdrawal?

http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/group.php?groupid=10

Th3_T3ch
Mar 19th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet but, the title. There has been speculation/assuming that Michael was the Catalyst, but what if the Catalyst was the Gatekeeper organizing a coup. Causing Michael to become the leader again sooner because he was already on his way to becoming the leader he once was before he left. He told Burt off and organized his journey to find medicine for Saul. I now think that the Catalyst wan't Michael but the Gatekeeper.
Just my thoughts.

stray
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:57 AM
I was just thinking could have Lizzy was on guard duty in the tower and over heard micheal sending the transmisson out. Of course the tower was out of range to reply, so Lizzy protests to Burt and he says no. So maybe she heads south to the colony to get meds for Saul and then the colony takes advantage of the situation to figure out where the tower is.

What do you guys think of this idea?

Hellbringer
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:44 AM
tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll hear the new chapter tomorrow. The episode is only a day away.

Ok, aside from that, I have no idea what could've caused Burt to kick Lizzy out, but I think it will definitely be interested to hear Angel tell Michael about it. Unless Michael outright confronts Burt about it in the beginning of the episode.

Pteranodon
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:28 AM
Lizzy Fabra Dr of psychology who one dark and crazy night with her now dead BF Todd found their way to the Tower as they were being chased by a pack of flesh loving zombies.. Lizzy made it in. Todd became Zombie chow. She is now Saul's main squeeze and a fierce fighter

Burt is the oldest remember of the group is a retired marine who has a rather nifty knack of hitting most anything he has shot at with a 50 cal hand cannon desert eagle he loving has named after his dead wife Shirley. Burt was found on a grocery run by Saul and Angel. He had gotten trapped in the potty by a rather smart zombie and was suffering from serious hypoglycemia.. Saul fixed him up. Burt is currently in control of the tower..

Helpful?

I was being partly facetious- but I did actually forget who Lizzy was(!) Seems like we've been away from the tower for months....

Pikepaw
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:40 PM
I just had a realization the other day. In 19-2, Victor said one of GateKeeper's friends had told GateKeeper about Michael's job offer. Of course, Michael only announced to a few guardians, Pegs, and some field workers, including Amy. Bigsby was unconscious at the time, though someone may have told him. Seeing as this episode revealed Amy as being in league with Gatekeeper, I think she told him that Michael was going to be the new Sean. Not super important, but I think it is interesting

mascaria
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:49 PM
It's evidence how hard secrets are to keep in a small town. Everyone knows everyone's business within a few minutes because you know, people talk. A lot.

Zombiehead
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:18 PM
I was being partly facetious- but I did actually forget who Lizzy was(!) Seems like we've been away from the tower for months....Feel free to use the Wiki. I waste enough time there.

Pikepaw
May 4th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Ok I've had this theory about how Marcus might have survived for a while, but I don't think I wrote it anywhere. It is more something I laughed about. I like to imagine that when GateKeeper and his mutinous Guardians were closing in, Marcus sent the dogs to hold them off. Then, in true comic book villain style, he pulled a lever that opened a trapdoor to his escape hatch. He then presumably got away through the escape tunnel to his secret cave or something. I like imagining it like that. I think he's alive

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 23rd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Amy's safe room didn't make much sense. The deadbolt couldn't be opened from the inside of the safe room itself. Why not make the whole apartment a safe room?

Aerock
Nov 9th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Wow... I just finished listening to part 3 at work with my headphones in. When they got back to The Tower and Pegs introduced Hope to Datu... I almost cried! And then Angel saying "Oh look! Datu's crying again!" made me bust out laughing. I bet my co-workers think I'm crazy in this office.

Great job!

nikvoodoo
Nov 9th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Yay! You got to a place where this forum existed and we spoke about the episodes! :)

Aerock
Nov 13th, 2012, 03:53 AM
I know, right nikvoodoo! I've been trying to soak up as much WA as I can... I'd rather marinate in it than just have a dash thrown on top and then wait week to week for a new one! Eventually I'll catch up to y'all :rolleyes:The thing about it though is that I have to just post what I'm thinking right after listening without reading anything. If I don't do it that way, I might run across some spoilers. That already happened to me when I looked at Angel's wiki in season 1. After Veterans' Day, it's back to work... that means its back to the WA marathon!