PDA

View Full Version : What should I buy?

Destiny
Mar 4th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Also, misleading description is misleading:
http://i55.tinypic.com/25rgyex.png

Destiny
Mar 4th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I'm thinking about getting the orange GameCube controller since it's orange, and because I could use it to play all of my old GC games, since my other controllers are all sucky/broken third-party controllers.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 4th, 2011, 12:09 PM
My vote was the the N64 just because I still use it and play games like Smash Brothers 64, Goldeneye, Star Fox, and Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask.

But after seeing your post with Eternal Darkness, I highly recommend that above all. That game has great replay value, and I recall it being damn chilling when I'd play it alone, in the dark, with my headphones on. That's where my vote goes. Good luck with your decision!

Destiny
Mar 4th, 2011, 12:12 PM
A lot of those N64 games you mentioned can be hard to find, like the Zeldas, GoldenEye, etc.

And if I can find them, they'll be expensive.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 4th, 2011, 12:44 PM
A lot of those N64 games you mentioned can be hard to find, like the Zeldas, GoldenEye, etc.

And if I can find them, they'll be expensive.

Not really. Well maybe it depends on where you live. But I go to a lot of flea markets and see tons of copies of these games all the time. Smash hasn't gone down in price at all. It still costs like $45. But LoZ games and Goldeneye are normally about $10, and the copy of Star Fox I got for my father came out to only $6. But it maybe because I have a few classic game stores in the area and hit up the flea markets. I'm not sure of the availability in your area.

Still, I recommend the copy of Eternal Darkness. It was a good chiller/thriller.

Craneses
Mar 5th, 2011, 04:58 PM
The controller and twin snakes for sure.

Metal Gear Solid is just a must.

Chelsea C.
Mar 5th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I'm a sucker for anything MGS, so that's where my vote goes.

ObamaCat
Mar 6th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I'd go with Mass Effect 1 + 2. As much as I love older games the Mass Effects are just fantastic and shouldn't be missed. Plus it's probably easier and cheaper to use the Virtual Console / PSN store (if you have access to them) to buy the older games.