PDA

View Full Version : Scripts

HomeGrown
Mar 4th, 2011, 04:00 AM
This idea crossed my mind while thinking how nice it would be to be able to search previous episodes for quotes/references for the forum:

Have you considered putting PDF files of the scripts online or even selling them for, say, $2 per chapter or $12 per full season? Yes, they would probably end up pirated, but even in that scenario you would gain a bit of exposure. It seems like a way to bring in some money/listeners with minimal investment.

VeritableHero
Mar 4th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Ah, I was thinking about this as well. Mine was a bit more "worst case scenario" type of thinking, though. What if I went deaf? Yeah, one of the first things I thought about was how much I would miss "We're Alive." How would I get the remainder of the story? I'd have to e-mail KC for copies of the scripts after the podcasts had been released. That would suck - having to read this audio drama.

I personally wouldn't buy them unless I lost my hearing. I like listening to the podcast many times over. :)

Kc
Mar 4th, 2011, 08:45 AM
We're going to release the first Chapter's script soon for a competition, but the rest of the chapters will remain under lock and key for a while. Only because of copyright issues. If a publisher wants to publish the scripts, that would be another story. The other problem, is that some clues are left in between the margins to certain plot lines, how a character delivers a line, sound effect directions, etc...

So short answer, YES, I'd like to, but we can't at the moment.

Rune
Apr 9th, 2011, 05:04 AM
I am just saying I would buy them (and stalk everyone involved until I got at least one signed copy of each and every script). That would be awesome to have it in my hands. I just downloaded the online part and am going 2 read it and c if I can put anything into the contest.