PDA

View Full Version : Randy / Randi

ObamaCat
Mar 3rd, 2011, 05:23 PM
Hey didn't see a thread about this yet so I thought I'd I start one up. Who do you think Randy / Randi (from Micheal's mumblings in his sleep in Chapter 19 - Part 1) is? I haven't the faintest clue to be honest but I'm sure you all have some good speculation.

HomeGrown
Mar 4th, 2011, 02:01 AM
This could be a soldier that Michael was close with and lost during the war, a brother/sister, a former love interest ... who knows. Not really enough puzzle pieces to start putting them together yet.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 4th, 2011, 01:39 PM
At first I was thinking it could have been a brother of his but dismissed this idea after some thought. I figure if he cared as much as he did when they lost Tommy that he'd care about finding his brother, even though he was rather unwilling to deal with the death of his parents.

I'm leaning more towards the idea that Randy could be a soldier friend of his he lost in the war. Though the alternate spelling provided in the thread topic is making me wonder if there is a slight chance that Randi could be a woman. Maybe we'll learn in time.

Hollomandious
Mar 5th, 2011, 12:40 AM
How about it having something to do w/ his adventures in the underground water works? He did say it was horrific. Maybe Randy was someone who was keeping the water on, and got away from the biggun.

Decomposed Ass2Ass
Mar 5th, 2011, 04:36 AM
I'm sure it's got something to do with when he disappeared and broke his arm. Maybe he met another survivor and had to kill them before they turned, or they helped him and maybe died in the progress

nikvoodoo
Mar 5th, 2011, 06:48 AM
I still say randy/randi is someone michael knew before the outbreak. Be it a war buddy, or a girlfriend. But would I be shocked if it turns out to be someone in the pumping station? Not at all. There's still a story to tell from michael's ordeal in that place

Craneses
Mar 5th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Or maybe that girl that was talking to him about a party in chapter one right before the outbreak!

I listened to it again, but her name wasn't said.

ObamaCat
Mar 5th, 2011, 09:20 AM
How about it having something to do w/ his adventures in the underground water works? He did say it was horrific. Maybe Randy was someone who was keeping the water on, and got away from the biggun.

Oh never thought of that. I'd say that it's either a war buddy or someone from the pump station. I think it wouldn't really be too relevant to the story line if it was a war buddy because there's a very slim chance we will ever see this "Randy / Randi" if that's the case.

manintrees
Mar 5th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Or maybe that girl that was talking to him about a party in chapter one right before the outbreak!
I listened to it again, but her name wasn't said.

That's a great guess.

My gut tells me it has something to do with whatever issue Micheal has that he wouldn't reveal to Riley in the beginning.

ObamaCat
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:36 PM
That's a great guess.

My gut tells me it has something to do with whatever issue Micheal has that he wouldn't reveal to Riley in the beginning.

Yeah, I just re-listened to the podcast a couple days ago and I noticed that Micheal's issue never got answered. If that doesn't pertain to Randy I'm sure it's going to come up in some other big way.

Hollomandious
Mar 8th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah, I just re-listened to the podcast a couple days ago and I noticed that Micheal's issue never got answered. If that doesn't pertain to Randy I'm sure it's going to come up in some other big way.

Disagree.

His issue in the beginning was that he never dealt w/ the loss of his parents while he was overseas. I think the conversation w/ Kelly outside the "dead tower residents room" covered that. Seeing the things that Angel was going thru w/ the whole Cindy thing brought a little of it to the surface. Not to mention stress in general as they were clearing the building.

nikvoodoo
Mar 8th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I get the impression that she was a girl that liked him and he just wanted nothing to do with her. Remember how clumsy he is with women in general in the courting phase. He accidentally treats Pegs like crap because he doesn't know how to go about talking to the opposite sex. The same thing with the Party Girl. She wasn't someone Michael was familiar with in that sense. He's gotten much more natural around Pegs and can hold conversations with her since they've gotten together.

He was stiff and awkward in the way he handled that other girl. So I say she's not Randi. Then again....we don't have any wiki information on that girl....maybe she does have something more to play in the future? I'm still saying no, but I'm just putting out a conspiracy theory.

THEkeyo
Mar 8th, 2011, 02:01 PM

Which issue is this?

ObamaCat
Mar 8th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Which issue is this?

In the second chapter I believe, Micheal and Riley had a discussion out on the balcony after they killed Angel's turned girlfriend Cindy and Angel started to cry. Riley knew Micheal was hurting as much as Angel and tried to find out why but he wouldn't tell her.

ObamaCat
Mar 8th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Disagree.

His issue in the beginning was that he never dealt w/ the loss of his parents while he was overseas. I think the conversation w/ Kelly outside the "dead tower residents room" covered that. Seeing the things that Angel was going thru w/ the whole Cindy thing brought a little of it to the surface. Not to mention stress in general as they were clearing the building.

Could be. I'll have to re-listen to that. Which chapter is it?

Rock Daddy
Mar 9th, 2011, 07:17 AM
I definitely think that Randi is/was either Michael's little brother or a past love interest. However I'm leaning towards brother, and I'll tell you why...

First, when Kelly scoffs at Tommy's camera idea in front of Michael in chapter 4-1, Michael seems personally offended, and orders Kelly to clean up bodies as punishment, stating that he hates when people won't listen to kids' ideas just 'cause they're young.

Second, after Tommy is gone, Michael (even though he always hides his emotions) is obviously deeply hurt and relinquishes his command, feeling like a failure (as if it's happened before).

And Lastly, in Chapter 14-3, when Michael and Kelly are having a talk about lost loved ones, Michael responds oddly to some questions. He claims his parents died in a car accident while he was on his last tour. However, Kelly asked him if he lost anyone when the zombie attack happened. He just says, "Maybe". She also asks him about any brothers and sisters. Michael claims to be an only child, but Kelly says he doesn't seem to fit that type of personality. (And don't forget! She's an attorney and good at reading people/detecting lies) I'm interested to find out what's really going on.

SleepyGlenn
Mar 9th, 2011, 10:44 AM
In England the word "randy" means the same as "horny". Michael wasn't referring to some previous trauma... he was just aroused!

Case solved!

nikvoodoo
Mar 9th, 2011, 12:31 PM
I definitely think that Randi is/was either Michael's little brother or a past love interest. However I'm leaning towards brother, and I'll tell you why...

First, when Kelly scoffs at Tommy's camera idea in front of Michael in chapter 4-1, Michael seems personally offended, and orders Kelly to clean up bodies as punishment, stating that he hates when people won't listen to kids' ideas just 'cause they're young.

Second, after Tommy is gone, Michael (even though he always hides his emotions) is obviously deeply hurt and relinquishes his command, feeling like a failure (as if it's happened before).

And Lastly, in Chapter 14-3, when Michael and Kelly are having a talk about lost loved ones, Michael responds oddly to some questions. He claims his parents died in a car accident while he was on his last tour. However, Kelly asked him if he lost anyone when the zombie attack happened. He just says, "Maybe". She also asks him about any brothers and sisters. Michael claims to be an only child, but Kelly says he doesn't seem to fit that type of personality. (And don't forget! She's an attorney and good at reading people/detecting lies) I'm interested to find out what's really going on.

I feel like he's put off because Kelly wasn't giving Tommy enough credit. Tommy's modification was one of the best security developments in Season 1, and Michael was able to immediately recognize it. He was just pissy with Kelly because she didn't realize how helpful it was.

As for finding Tommy in 14-1 (~3:00 mark), this is the first real time experience we've had with Michael losing someone he really cared about as a person. We saw Michael "soldier up" like he always does, and this time it bit him in the ass because Burt wouldn't let him close off like he needs to do to get through situations. Then immediately after, he relinquishes command because now he can't focus on anything else. Ultimately, Michael experiences his first real loss that we see and its a helpful kid who did more than any one could have expected him to do. During that same conversation you referenced in 14-3, Michael says to Kelly if you keep busy you might be better off, which as I said above is how Michael copes.

He could have been saying "Maybe" in response to Kelly's question because he doesn't form very deep relationships with many people. Remember how he said in Chapter 1 how he wouldn't necessarily go out drinking with Angel and Saul? Maybe he's just a solitary person by nature and has been thrust into this extraordinary situation that's forcing him to change as a person and it's causing some growing pains.

So maybe someone he cared about died, but he might actually have to search through his memory hard to find that person. It's very easy to function if you're capable of compartmentalizing as well as Michael does. It doesn't really seem like his responses are really all that odd to me personally.

All that said, I had never considered Michael to have a sibling simply because he said he's an only child. But who knows. Maybe there is something that Michael is being dishonest about aside from how his arm was broken.

In England the word "randy" means the same as "horny". Michael wasn't referring to some previous trauma... he was just aroused!

Case solved!

if only you also spelled it "Randi" we could truly put this debate to rest, but alas and alack we must continue on our present course!

SleepyGlenn
Mar 9th, 2011, 02:15 PM

Case solved!

if only you also spelled it "Randi" we could truly put this debate to rest, but alas and alack we must continue on our present course!

Ah, man. I was sure I was on to something there. Doesn't mean that SOMEONE wasn't aroused though. Datu.

NoReality95
Mar 9th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I have a feeling that Randy is a brother but Micheal told Kelly he didn't have siblings, but really that could mean he had a sibling and by some means of irresponsibility, perhaps a friend was lost by the same means causing Micheal to have a broken arm thus memories flowing back. An old war buddy is another thought too though.

Boomstick
May 19th, 2011, 07:33 AM
In Chapter 19 Part 1, when michael comes to after his surgery he awakens to Hope by his bed side. Hope then asks who Randy is. Michael seems to want to change the subject mighty quickly. I missed it the first time I listened to the chapter. So who do yall think he, or she, is/was. We know that Michael is an only child so it cant be his brother or sister. Maybe though, i'm just spitballin here, it could be a step brother or sister, his best friend/oldest childhood friend. Someone he served with. I believe it is someone he is really close to or at least was. Michael is a character that keeps everything close to the vest, matter of fact the only time he actually "slipped" up was when he was under the influence of anesthetics. What are y'alls opinions?

Mando
May 19th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I'm thinking Randy is either his brother or army buddy

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 20th, 2011, 06:06 AM
I still say randy/randi is someone michael knew before the outbreak. Be it a war buddy, or a girlfriend. But would I be shocked if it turns out to be someone in the pumping station? Not at all. There's still a story to tell from michael's ordeal in that place

We should come up with a way to track these predictions. Durai's background (Merc, hitman..etc), who Randi/Randy is, who Pippin is.
As for who I think Randi/Randy is: I'm leaning towards a female as well, but that lean is like .5 degrees starboard. At first I thought it was a war buddy, then my "Mil mind" kicked in (not that it's done me any good in the KCverse) and I remembered that for the most part, we hardly ever call eachother by first names. Having said that, I could be wrong because Mike is a part timer and Randy could very well be a friend he's had in his civilian life who just happened to enlist with Michael (that would count for the use of a first name).

Ugh! Ok.. that was a really round about way of saying I really don't have a frigg'n clue.

Nevermatter
May 20th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Just goes to show that KC wants us to stew on it for a while, with Randy/Randi being a good ambiguous name.

Magrat
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:14 AM
At first I was thinking it could have been a brother of his but dismissed this idea after some thought. I figure if he cared as much as he did when they lost Tommy that he'd care about finding his brother, even though he was rather unwilling to deal with the death of his parents.

I'm leaning more towards the idea that Randy could be a soldier friend of his he lost in the war. Though the alternate spelling provided in the thread topic is making me wonder if there is a slight chance that Randi could be a woman. Maybe we'll learn in time.

Well now we know it's not a girl, unless its a bearded one! Fun to see a reappearance of a character that we don't really know anything about at all. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds, although I doubt we'll know any time soon.

I think Randy may be something to do with the pumping station and how Michael broke his arm. But to be that troubled by him he'd have to be someone quite important. More than just a random that mike runs into for a few hours/days/whatever (how long was he missing in the end? I can't remember). There's got to be a decent connection.

7oddisdead
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:25 AM
oooooohhhhh yyyee--aahhh!! sorry i had to...(the description fits)....:)

HardKor
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Well now we know it's not a girl, unless its a bearded one! Fun to see a reappearance of a character that we don't really know anything about at all. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds, although I doubt we'll know any time soon.

I think Randy may be something to do with the pumping station and how Michael broke his arm. But to be that troubled by him he'd have to be someone quite important. More than just a random that mike runs into for a few hours/days/whatever (how long was he missing in the end? I can't remember). There's got to be a decent connection.

I'm liking this idea. Now that I think about it didn't Michael and whoever was with hm at the pumping station (I can't remember) mention that the place looked like someone had been there keeping the place running?

Magrat
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I'm liking this idea. Now that I think about it didn't Michael and whoever was with hm at the pumping station (I can't remember) mention that the place looked like someone had been there keeping the place running?

Yeah. I also thought he might be one of the people from tower 2 who was trapped at the pumping station (assuming tower 2 were running it, as they were better prepared than The Tower according to samantha) by the beheamoth and so will maybe be a link to some of the goings on at the second tower.

Magrat
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Tanya was grabbed. My thought is it wasn't just because she was there. Perhaps Randy smelled Michael on her and that's why he took her alive! We know they have a crazy sense of smell, and randy is connected to Michael in some way. Just a thought. Zombie with a vendetta?
from the chapter 23 part 1 thread. an idea i had about randy.

Fishie
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:53 AM
If I had seen this thread before I listened to today's episode, I would have said that it was something to do with his unit returning early from their tour Iraq (he mentions this in chapter 1, but doesn't say why). It's still possible that it was someone from his unit that returned at the same time, but it seems less likely now. I think that the hunch about the water pumping station may well be right, perhaps it was someone that he couldn't save and had to leave behind. We may find out in a flashback some time, as he tells the story to someone?

Grognaurd
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Speculation:

Randy meets Michael in the water works. He was one of few that was there. I am pretty sure that it was mention that they looked Human and Freshly killed. Randy survived, but was bit by a zombie. The curveball, Randy was a slow turner. Michael had to witness the decay of Randy's humanity and all Michael can do is a deathwatch. Why didn't Michael just kill Randy? Randy saved Michael's life

Many have speculated about waterworks, but where the Hell do I pull out my idea? Michael does say Randy. But on my first listen through Michael's inflection seems to be one of command. Not surprise. Remember, the waterworks was a month ago in WA-Time

nikvoodoo
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Speculation:

Randy meets Michael in the water works. He was one of few that was there. I am pretty sure that it was mention that they looked Human and Freshly killed. Randy survived, but was bit by a zombie. The curveball, Randy was a slow turner. Michael had to witness the decay of Randy's humanity and all Michael can do is a deathwatch. Why didn't Michael just kill Randy? Randy saved Michael's life

Many have speculated about waterworks, but where the Hell do I pull out my idea? Michael does say Randy. But on my first listen through Michael's inflection seems to be one of command. Not surprise. Remember, the waterworks was a month ago in WA-Time

Michael doesn't know about slow turners until Tanya mentioned it a couple chapters ago, so while I agree with many a thing you bring up here, Randy wouldn't have been a slow turner.

Grognaurd
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:53 PM
I Could very well be wrong, but a little more than 24 hours later Saul is shot and may have been exposed. Would Michael drop the slow turner story then or keep his mouth shut. As Michael was going to see Saul, doesn't he hear that that they unchained Saul? Michael's reply was they took the chains off?

Going further, Lizzy was vomitting. Maybe they were getting close to ground zero. But how many times have we heard it stinks? This sounds abnormal to me. I do not think it could be that bad. But what have we heard stinks many times?

Grognaurd
Jun 22nd, 2011, 03:37 AM
I am wondering if I am hearing things or making too much out of nothing. I hear Randy! I do not here Randy? Thoughts?

If there is a difference, it is very consequential to the rest of the story.

StepLaugh
Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:35 AM
I think I see what you're saying something like:

Randy! Oh no you didn't!
and
Randy? Is that really you? What are you doing here?

Or at least that's what I'm guessing.

StickUpKid
Jun 22nd, 2011, 06:48 AM
Maybe both like Randy?!

Grognaurd
Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:16 AM
Yea, SL. What I hear is a command to grab the attention of a subordinate.

Not, Randy? What the hell are you doing here as a zombie?

Hollomandious
Jun 22nd, 2011, 09:02 AM
We never did find out who Randy was did we. Almost forgot about him. But Michael running into him on the battlefield as a Zombie makes me believe he is an integral part of that whole waterworks fiasco that Michael won't talk about. My guess is he is the sole reason Michael made it out of there.

Grognaurd
Jun 23rd, 2011, 08:55 AM
I listened to this part on teh way to work this AM.

I firmly believe Michael says Randy!!!
Then, Michael says I may have hit him again
There is something else very interesting...

Michael Shoots Randy in the Arm
Randy Drops Tanya
Michael runs closer to get a better shot
Randy Turns around
Michael sees the face and says Randy!!
Randy says GGRRR or something similar, but it is not one of the generic zombie growls we regularly hear.
It does not start until "randy" is spoken and Michaels narration does not start until the growl is complete
Michael (narrating) refers to the Zombie called Randy as him.

I suspect, there is recognition of both parties. Michael recognizes Randy. Randy recognize Michael.

Re1ndeer
Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:05 AM
when I heard it, I thought it was "Randy!!!" like he knew who the zombie was.

CantWaitForSeason3
Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:37 AM
Then, Michael says I may have hit him again

Michael normally distances himself from his opponents on the battlefield.
I apologize for no references but i know this as the case as early as 1:1 he says they are no longer human but acted more like animals.
This is very out of character for Michael.

Does Michael hesitate before he shoots? Does he even realize its randy before he shot?

Grognaurd
Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:45 AM
He shoots at a zombie and hits it once
He runs to close the range.
Zombie turns...Michael Sees and yells Randy and shoots in a very short time. He does not hit with these shots as Randy ducks around a corner.

So some shots at range at the zombies back
Then at closer range recognizes Randy and shoots.

Creem_Filling
Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:03 AM
I feel like Randy and his broken arm are tied together. I don't have any evidence or reason, I just have a suspision that they're gonna tie together.

GD_Elite
Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:29 PM
Okay so Randy is male.
It makes sense that Randy showed up during the time when michael was left behind at the water station because that is the only time when we are unsure what has happened to him. And that he was deliberately awkward about telling others what happened during that time.

Now speculation: Michael seems angry at Randy. (I believe it is Randy!! and that he shoots at Randy even after he sees its face.) This makes it quite possible that Randy was responsible for the broken arm. This also leads me to believe that Michael knew that he was a zombie already, because he fired without any hesitation.

When Michael is questioned about the events at the water pumping station he avoids the questions, much like he does questions about his past early on. If the previous point is true, it is likely that Michael knew Randy before this all started.

After killing cindy early on, Riley 'knows' that Michael has lost someone too. Yet when he seems to be opening up to Kelly he tells her he has no-one. This could suggest he is still keeping secrets about his past even when he seems to be opening up.

Michael is one shady character.Who knows how much he could be lying about. He says his parents were killed in a car crash. Harry Potters parents were killed in a "car crash". (Not that I'm saying Randy is Voldemort or anything lol)

Creem_Filling
Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:14 PM
Okay so Randy is male.
It makes sense that Randy showed up during the time when michael was left behind at the water station because that is the only time when we are unsure what has happened to him. And that he was deliberately awkward about telling others what happened during that time.

Now speculation: Michael seems angry at Randy. (I believe it is Randy!! and that he shoots at Randy even after he sees its face.) This makes it quite possible that Randy was responsible for the broken arm. This also leads me to believe that Michael knew that he was a zombie already, because he fired without any hesitation.

When Michael is questioned about the events at the water pumping station he avoids the questions, much like he does questions about his past early on. If the previous point is true, it is likely that Michael knew Randy before this all started.

After killing cindy early on, Riley 'knows' that Michael has lost someone too. Yet when he seems to be opening up to Kelly he tells her he has no-one. This could suggest he is still keeping secrets about his past even when he seems to be opening up.

Michael is one shady character.Who knows how much he could be lying about. He says his parents were killed in a car crash. Harry Potters parents were killed in a "car crash". (Not that I'm saying Randy is Voldemort or anything lol)

Thank you for elaborating. It's been a kinda developing theory for me.

Grognaurd
Jun 27th, 2011, 05:52 AM
This is just an odd fact that I want to drive home. I got the impression that Randy Recognizes Michael. When Michael yells "Randy" there is a distinct zombie sound as in recognition.

Going way out on the edge,

Each time we see them the zombies are getting smarter and better organized. What if the outbreak was a heavy memory wipe in addition to other celllular trauma. What if after a couple of months, the body has a solid immune response and the zombies have a slow change back to human. How horrific would it be to be mostly out of your mind crazy and deal with the fact that you have been killing and eating your friends for the past few months?

7oddisdead
Jun 27th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Wow interesting twist...i likes. The question I'm thinking though is, what then? As they progressively return to normal,how far will their organized assault on the rest of humanity have progressed at that point? I mean what if they have already wiped out the rest us when the transition returns them to normal...we could theorize on that for days...

zombeh-kitteh
Jun 29th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Hmm...I think that Randy must be a fellow soldier, or a guy from the water works incident. Those are the only two plot-meaningful instances in my opinion. In fact, I'd almost forgotten about that entirely....(must go re-listen to those chapters)

Slow turners...yes, this could explain the vomitting of Lizzy, Pegs, and what was starting to happen to Victor. It that's the case, then it will be a very tough execution when the time comes.

Now, I can't remember but has anyone been killed as a human? With the exception of the Mallers? It could be that they are all already infected and the sicker or weaker you are the "faster" it affects you? (I guess this would be part of the "slow turner" theory." What I mean to say is: did any of the Mallers who were killed "as humans" get up after a while as one of "them"? (I can't remember if this was mentioned or not....like I said, I will definitely have to re-listen to these earlier chapters). If they did, then this would mean that everyone is infected and perhaps the level of damage to their bodies (including malnutrition, injury, or even the common cold and things like that) is what speeds the transformation up? or am I just shooting in the dark??

Grognaurd
Jun 29th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Hmm...I think that Randy must be a fellow soldier, or a guy from the water works incident. Those are the only two plot-meaningful instances in my opinion. In fact, I'd almost forgotten about that entirely....(must go re-listen to those chapters)

Slow turners...yes, this could explain the vomitting of Lizzy, Pegs, and what was starting to happen to Victor. It that's the case, then it will be a very tough execution when the time comes.

Now, I can't remember but has anyone been killed as a human? With the exception of the Mallers? It could be that they are all already infected and the sicker or weaker you are the "faster" it affects you? (I guess this would be part of the "slow turner" theory." What I mean to say is: did any of the Mallers who were killed "as humans" get up after a while as one of "them"? (I can't remember if this was mentioned or not....like I said, I will definitely have to re-listen to these earlier chapters). If they did, then this would mean that everyone is infected and perhaps the level of damage to their bodies (including malnutrition, injury, or even the common cold and things like that) is what speeds the transformation up? or am I just shooting in the dark??

In the early arena episodes, a zombie is dragging a dead body. Later, one is dragging a person at deaths door. She does not rise as a zombie she just dies. Paul was eaten in the tower and did not rise.

It is not the classic zombie mythos where everybody gets up to dance. There is something more curious going on

zombeh-kitteh
Jun 29th, 2011, 09:28 PM
In the early arena episodes, a zombie is dragging a dead body. Later, one is dragging a person at deaths door. She does not rise as a zombie she just dies. Paul was eaten in the tower and did not rise.

It is not the classic zombie mythos where everybody gets up to dance. There is something more curious going on

Oh, okay...thanks for answering! Like I said, I need to go re-listen to some of the earlier chapters, since it's been awhile.

I agree that there's something else going on...Ground Zero, the Pinstriped-Suit Man, and the evidence of creatures who couldn't possibly have been human...there's something "Umbrella-like" going on here.

fricatcow
Sep 18th, 2011, 07:10 PM
from the get go i thougth that Randy was a soldier not neciarily a friend but someone he knew from the army (military is a small world, or it could be someone that he meet while he was in the foster care system)

nikvoodoo
Sep 18th, 2011, 07:11 PM
from the get go i thougth that Randy was a soldier not neciarily a friend but someone he knew from the army (military is a small world, or it could be someone that he meet while he was in the foster care system)

That is interesting....why do you think Michael went through the foster care system?

yarri
Sep 18th, 2011, 07:11 PM
from the get go i thougth that Randy was a soldier not neciarily a friend but someone he knew from the army (military is a small world, or it could be someone that he meet while he was in the foster care system)http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=28911

when who was in the foster care system?

Anhysbys
Dec 14th, 2011, 02:14 PM
"Michael doesn't know about slow turners until Tanya mentioned it a couple chapters ago, so while I agree with many a thing you bring up here, Randy wouldn't have been a slow turner."

The slow turner idea still doesn't explain why Michael is angry at seeing Randy, nor the pumping station. It may be just him carrying off Tanya, but when has anything ever been that simple. Besides he spits out Randy's name with utter contempt and seething hatred. No, I think it has to do with something else. Michael I think said Angel was an only sibling at one time and kinda attachs that to the reason he turned out as he is. Maybe Randy is a sibling or relative, Michael didn't get along well with his parents who's to say he wouldn't hate a sibling or other relative for near the same reasons.

Michael probably knew Randy when he was alive.

IamPaul
Jan 21st, 2012, 02:58 PM
I was just thinking recently, could Randy be someone that helped Michael get out of the waterworks situation? I am almost certain this has been addressed in the Forums, but I wanted an answer!

nikvoodoo
Jan 21st, 2012, 04:41 PM
I was just thinking recently, could Randy be someone that helped Michael get out of the waterworks situation? I am almost certain this has been addressed in the Forums, but I wanted an answer!

You couldn't find it because you was lookin' in da wrong place :)

Randy thread contained in Zombie theories.

kidmuncher
Feb 2nd, 2012, 01:55 PM
I remember Randy being mentioned two times. First was at the colony, while under anesthesia, as others have noted. The other is in Ch26-1, at around 12:00.

In Ch26-1, as Tanya is being dragged away by a creature Michael shoots it in the arm and it lets go of Tanya. Then we hear Michael: "I saw its face behind its long brown hair and dirty beard...Randy!" Then Michael continues to run after "Randy" and try to kill it.

Since he described Randy in a journal entry it doesn't seem like it was some war flashback but it actually was Randy in zombie form. I don't think Randy (Randi) was a past love. The fact that he pursues the creature indifferent to the fact that he recognized it as Randy suggests that it wasn't someone that he had an intense emotional connection to...but has had some past experience with non the less.

nikvoodoo
Feb 2nd, 2012, 01:59 PM
I do believe 23-1 is the chapter reference you're looking for. Maybe 22-1.....I don't remember off the top of my head but We just got 26-1 this past Monday ;)

kidmuncher
Feb 2nd, 2012, 02:13 PM
I do believe 23-1 is the chapter reference you're looking for. Maybe 22-1.....I don't remember off the top of my head but We just got 26-1 this past Monday ;)

You're right. I meant 23-1

Mark_survivor
Feb 8th, 2012, 09:50 PM
well i was thinking that as people are thinking

randy could be someone that helped michael escaped from the
water station, but after helping him, maybe he got bitten
by one biter, or the big one, and thats how he recognizes him
when he is grabbing tanya

but thats just me :D

thatrichterkid
Mar 3rd, 2012, 04:03 PM
Personally, I believe that Randy is someone that came to Michael's rescue at the waterworks.. because he has trouble sleeping (because of his arm and I'm guessing nightmares too) and mumbling Randy in his sleep just shows that he is "re-living" the events that had scarred him when he broke his arm.

Mora
Mar 20th, 2012, 05:42 AM
I may be alone in this, but I believe that Randy is who helped Michael out of the Waterworks, and has been a zombie the entire time (well, since zombies came around, at least..). We've established that there are "smart zombies" that seem to be in control of the hordes...what's to stop some smart one from being sentient enough to control their own impulses, most of the time? I tend to think of Randy (and potentially, those like him) as a vampire like creature. In control most of the time, but every once in a while, just NEEDS to feed.

nikvoodoo
Mar 20th, 2012, 06:05 AM
I may be alone in this, but I believe that Randy is who helped Michael out of the Waterworks, and has been a zombie the entire time (well, since zombies came around, at least..). We've established that there are "smart zombies" that seem to be in control of the hordes...what's to stop some smart one from being sentient enough to control their own impulses, most of the time? I tend to think of Randy (and potentially, those like him) as a vampire like creature. In control most of the time, but every once in a while, just NEEDS to feed.

Are you fully caught up with the story? There's pretty strong evidence to the contrary in chapter 27 about Randy being a zombie the entire time.

Mora
Mar 21st, 2012, 06:43 AM
Are you fully caught up with the story? There's pretty strong evidence to the contrary in chapter 27 about Randy being a zombie the entire time.

I'm going to go re-listen now, but I don't remember ANYTHING about randy being mentioned. I do listen while working, so i might have missed it.

EDIT: Just re-listen, not a single mention of Randy or anyone like him. Only thing that may be related are when CJ and Shaun mention that they need to send the techs back out to the waterworks. Doesn't mean much, unfortunately.

nikvoodoo
Mar 21st, 2012, 07:47 AM
I'm going to go re-listen now, but I don't remember ANYTHING about randy being mentioned. I do listen while working, so i might have missed it.

Look in 27-2 after Kalani makes it to The Other Tower. Don't have the time code right now, but listen to the tail end of Cj's and Sean's conversation they had alone. There's mention of Randy and the techies needing to go to the pumping station because they lost water pressure.

Alternately, we discussed it on WND #30 and Beez cut that dialogue into the episode.....but going to the actual source is generally a better course of action.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 21st, 2012, 11:28 AM
Look in 27-2 after Kalani makes it to The Other Tower. Don't have the time code right now, but listen to the tail end of Cj's and Sean's conversation they had alone. There's mention of Randy and the techies needing to go to the pumping station because they lost water pressure.

Alternately, we discussed it on WND #30 and Beez cut that dialogue into the episode.....but going to the actual source is generally a better course of action.

Very true..
The only thing is what kind of rapport did they have that would make Mike have nightmares about him and then scream at him like he was a HS bully he wanted to get revenge on?

I'm still guessing that they knew each other prior to everything going down. Hence Mikes buttoned up lip about the whole incident.

nikvoodoo
Mar 21st, 2012, 11:47 AM
EDIT: Just re-listen, not a single mention of Randy or anyone like him. Only thing that may be related are when CJ and Shaun mention that they need to send the techs back out to the waterworks. Doesn't mean much, unfortunately.

They mentioned a guy named Randy by name. They wanted him to go to the Pumping Station with other people. The same Pumping Station that has the only time Michael is unaccounted for in his activities.

I'd say that's pretty important.....

Triggernator
Apr 17th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Michael's might be a foster child or have parents that fostered other kids. My mum used to do the same and I get the same thing happen to me. I'm a only child but act like an older brother (apparently). Would explain why Kelly says he isn't a only child type. I also keep in contact with some of the kids that lived with me so it would explain why he still recognizes Randy.