PDA

View Full Version : New Characters or Zombies?

Jebus
Feb 1st, 2011, 04:42 PM
I would like to see a Fat special kind of Zombie or ever Animals like Zombie Monkey maybe lion. And to see people in an airplane looking for hope.

Wicked Sid
Feb 1st, 2011, 05:50 PM
The Fat one would be kind of derivative. And there's a reason no animals are seen as infected.

StepLaugh
Feb 1st, 2011, 06:34 PM
The Fat one would be kind of derivative. And there's a reason no animals are seen as infected.

Yeah, we saw that the cat isn't infected. and a few more. I'm guessing it's time to assume it only affects the human DNA!

nikvoodoo
Feb 1st, 2011, 06:54 PM
Yeah, we saw that the cat isn't infected. and a few more. I'm guessing it's time to assume it only affects the human DNA!

Now, now....we all know what happens when we assume. We haven't seen an animal that has been attacked zombie/infected yet. But that doesn't mean there aren't any. The only animals we've really had contact with are Mr. Whiskers (safely in a secured building), Lady (who was in a residential area without a human worm dangling on a hook), and the mouse in the beach house. Now, I will grant the distinct possibility that what ever caused the outbreak seems to only target humans, but without seeing a dog with a huge gash in it's side merrily peeing on trees, I'd hesitate to say it only changes human DNA.

Hollomandious
Feb 1st, 2011, 09:20 PM
Now, now....we all know what happens when we assume. We haven't seen an animal that has been attacked zombie/infected yet. But that doesn't mean there aren't any. The only animals we've really had contact with are Mr. Whiskers (safely in a secured building), Lady (who was in a residential area without a human worm dangling on a hook), and the mouse in the beach house. Now, I will grant the distinct possibility that what ever caused the outbreak seems to only target humans, but without seeing a dog with a huge gash in it's side merrily peeing on trees, I'd hesitate to say it only changes human DNA.

What about this quote from 15-2 @ 10:35.

Angel - you don't even know.
Saul - the rats are the size of cats out there, and the dogs are now practically horses. i mean they've got a zombie cavalry out there. it's insane.

I know this doesn't say that the animals "are" infected. But, why the hell else would the rats and dogs be bigger?

mascaria
Feb 2nd, 2011, 08:19 AM

Saul - the rats are the size of cats out there, and the dogs are now practically horses. i mean they've got a zombie cavalry out there. it's insane.

I know this doesn't say that the animals "are" infected. But, why the hell else would the rats and dogs be bigger?

Oh I forgot about that, but if they're zombie animals then why don't they attack with the people zombies? Are cats and dogs also dealing with their own zombocalypse? Can we can an episode of We're Alive ... A story of survival... of cats!??!

Wicked Sid
Feb 2nd, 2011, 09:51 AM
Oh I forgot about that, but if they're zombie animals then why don't they attack with the people zombies? Are cats and dogs also dealing with their own zombocalypse? Can we can an episode of We're Alive ... A story of survival... of cats!??!

We held out in that dumpster for as long as we could. Those bastards got Snuffles!

Once the Rats ran out we had to ration the extra milk. Some of the Bipedal Ones are learning to track our trail. *Cat Sigh* These naps are great energy boosters, but, they're getting to be hell when you need something done...

I mean... MEOW!

StepLaugh
Feb 2nd, 2011, 12:38 PM
New title: We're Alive + Catz

Also don't forget about the birds around the behemoth

Ra1th
Feb 2nd, 2011, 03:53 PM
see heres the problem with allowing animals to become infected, we'd be royally screwed. zombie rats dont seem so scary at first, but theres no way to defend against them, other than getting to higher ground, if you were caught in the middle of a street against a pack of zombie rats, u'd be in trouble because they're difficult targets to hit. same with birds, try defending yourself against zombie birds, that would be damn near impossible, moving aerial targets? good luck, cats, dogs, they'd make supply runs very very difficult. how would u fortify a tower against zombie bugs? they'll find a way inside, it just tips the scales too far to have animals join the horde

Jebus
Feb 2nd, 2011, 05:40 PM
see heres the problem with allowing animals to become infected, we'd be royally screwed. zombie rats dont seem so scary at first, but theres no way to defend against them, other than getting to higher ground, if you were caught in the middle of a street against a pack of zombie rats, u'd be in trouble because they're difficult targets to hit. same with birds, try defending yourself against zombie birds, that would be damn near impossible, moving aerial targets? good luck, cats, dogs, they'd make supply runs very very difficult. how would u fortify a tower against zombie bugs? they'll find a way inside, it just tips the scales too far to have animals join the horde

You guys are right, infected animals would be hard to defend. But how about non-infected animals would be cool... Like a lion killing zombie. I'm sure there's a zoo somewhere in the area.

Kc
Feb 2nd, 2011, 09:32 PM

Angel is referring to the increase in animal's size and their return to their feral instincts...
Not Really a zombie cavalry of cats... But still cool

Hikaro
Feb 6th, 2011, 04:51 AM
infected monkeys at least wouldn't be too much of a stretch.
A trip to the zoo whether the animals can be infected or not would probably be a really interesting chapter. A lion doesn't need to be infected to know to attack people. A starved bear would probably do the same. Plus any surviving animals would very likely have encountered the infected and be wary of any humans whatsoever.

Onslaught
Feb 6th, 2011, 01:45 PM
If animals did get infected wouldn't they attack their own species and not us because thats what the human infected do. Why should they be any different.

Destiny
Feb 6th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I think we have enough characters.

Ra1th
Feb 6th, 2011, 06:37 PM
You guys are right, infected animals would be hard to defend. But how about non-infected animals would be cool... Like a lion killing zombie. I'm sure there's a zoo somewhere in the area.

but think about how an animal like a lion or a bear would kill a zombie, by biting into them, so the moment they kill a zombie, they'll be turned themselves just because they get blood inside them, but if u had an immune lion just mowing down zombies that would be soo badass

StepLaugh
Feb 6th, 2011, 11:49 PM
but think about how an animal like a lion or a bear would kill a zombie, by biting into them, so the moment they kill a zombie, they'll be turned themselves just because they get blood inside them, but if u had an immune lion just mowing down zombies that would be soo badass

You'd be set it you traveled with a zoo!

nikvoodoo
Feb 7th, 2011, 12:06 AM
You'd be set it you traveled with a zoo!

Only if you are talented enough to train all those animals who would gladly turn on you in a heart beat. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be on the receiving end of a mauling by a tiger.

RamblinMike
Feb 10th, 2011, 05:58 AM

Even worse, if fleas bite the rats and then bite humans, I bet it'd spread the infection. That's how the Black Death got Europe.

Only if you are talented enough to train all those animals who would gladly turn on you in a heart beat. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be on the receiving end of a mauling by a tiger.

Yeah, but imagine if you could. What is more badass than having a tiger out by your front door? If things get really bad, you go, "Release the tiger", and someone flips a switch, and suddenly there's a friggin' tiger killing everything in sight. Soooo badass.

Hikaro
Feb 14th, 2011, 04:00 AM
your friends were doomed before you released the tiger anyways right? :p

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 14th, 2011, 07:35 AM
I read a book *Feed* where anything living that weighed over 40/50 pounds was able to be infected. I personally HATE that idea though.
I much prefer the old school human Brains and guts chompers

evslarg
Mar 9th, 2011, 08:19 PM
yeah... i was wondering when a zoo would come up cuz all the animals would be like " ROAAAAAAR" and the zombies would be like " DERP NOISE RUN TOWARDS IT" but all the animals are in cages.....

patient zero
Mar 10th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Maybe some kind of hive zombies that coat areas in webbing/membrane akin to something like Alien, would mean they could detect survivors without seeing/smelling them, could make for some tense scenes trying to escape an area without touching/stepping on the zombie slime and alerting the horde?!

ps we already know that animals can't be turned; Marcus had his attack dogs that he said, "couldn't be turned"