PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't the colony been attacked?

Onslaught
Feb 27th, 2011, 01:11 PM
The only zombies that have been close to the colony was the wave that reached outpost one and even then it wasn't that close (I think). The only other zombies we've heard from them is when they said they had to build and fight at the same time.

So why hasn't the colony had more attacks? It would seem like a large group like that would bring a lot of attention.

StepLaugh
Feb 27th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I was wondering this too, and maybe the zombies had a big attack once, and lost big time. So now they know it's pointless to try again.

I might be giving the zombies too much credit. But I mean they are smart, and they are learning.

nikvoodoo
Feb 27th, 2011, 01:48 PM
A big group yes, however the colony doesn't go out in large convoys like the other tower. Their profile is relatively small in terms of visibility to the zombies.

not to mention the path to the colony itself is not direct and full of traps of an undisclosed nature.

Ra1th
Feb 27th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Well we don't really know this for sure at all. We've only seen daily life in the colony for a day or so. After that day went by, there was a time lapse when michael was out cold from the anesthetics, so during this period there could have been a number of zombie attacks that we didnt know about. I think there are zombie attacks happening against the colony and it's convoys and recon units on a daily basis, but since we get our information from M/P/K, we have even less info because we are following michael, who has no idea what's going on since he was comatose for the last week, there may very well have been a number of attacks on the colony that michael just hasn't heard about, i'm sure now that he's "technically " accepted the second in command position, we'll find out more about the colony and it's defenses.

manintrees
Feb 27th, 2011, 05:42 PM
The zombies might also know to stay away from the colony facility. There was a radio call from the colony to Victor warning of a large wave coming his way. The colony must have observation towers or outposts or something. If the colony has an impenetrable wall and good sniping points, then picking off zombies as they come close would be relatively easy.

One thing I'm certain of is that the colony knows much more about the outbreak than we have been told thus far.

j0be
Feb 28th, 2011, 07:17 AM
The colony was described in a way to me that struck me as a multi-walled system. Basically it sounded like it had an outer wall, and an inner wall. With this separation, it is much harder for the inner residents to draw attention to themselves. With only the scavengers being let out, they don't draw attention to themselves. If scavengers are found, they don't return to the colony. They go to a safe house until the storm blows over, thereby not drawing attention to the colony once again.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 28th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Remember Pete says "They got us good THIS time didn't they?" That equals multiple attacks.
They have OPs... er, sorry, listening posts- set up at various distances to give the scavenger teams enough lead time before an attack happens.
Also, the Tower was only attacked because Pegs dropped the pot and the sweat bombs, not due to them just looking to kill something.

Pteranodon
Mar 6th, 2011, 06:19 PM
I don't think the Zombies could get near the Colony without an organized attack, and they're not big on organizing. Streets are bocked off, the place is guarded like a fortress... the Colony's probably sending squads out all the time to seal off more areas to keep Zs out. There seems to be a "no-man's-land" several blocks across separating the Colony from the zombie-infested world at large, so they're probably out of smell-range as well.

BUT....the Tattoo Zombie organized an Arena with cells and guards; if they COULD organize an attack, would the Colony be able to hold out against jumpers, Behemoths, "little ones" and overwhelming numbers?

Pikepaw
Mar 6th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I agree that due to the walls, the colony keeps a low profile from the outside. The scavengers operate in small teams and don't go far. The recon teams appear to go farther, but again only in small groups and I doubt they let any zombies follow them back. Sean had a 12 man team that was hit by a large wave, and I bet they were in a bad spot, since they were said to be trying to fix up the plumbing outside the walls
I think the One with the Markings could find a way in. Difficult to sneak in, unless he just killed Gatekeeper (I'd love that). But I think our Tattooed friend might have some sort of a plan, and is bidding his time. Wouldn't overstretch himself to the colony until no human lives in LA.

Also, it could be there are just fewer zombies in the area of the colony because:
A) They were hit later than LA
B) Many more survivors, meaning less people to become Kid Gobblers
C) All the battles the Colony fought with the Zombies have probably lessened their numbers greatly