PDA

View Full Version : What happened to What's New?

Onslaught
Feb 24th, 2011, 02:49 PM
What happened to it? A few days ago there were a lot of threads with recent posts under it, but now when I click it there are only three.

Does it empty every time a new episode comes out or what?

nikvoodoo
Feb 24th, 2011, 04:25 PM
What happened to it? A few days ago there were a lot of threads with recent posts under it, but now when I click it there are only three.

Does it empty every time a new episode comes out or what?

I'm not sure exactly when it cycles over, but it will eventually do that. Also if you click on the "Mark Forums Read" it will clear the entire list of "What's New." You might have done that. If you go back there and there's only a few threads and you want to see everything that's been posted on in the past 24 hours, click the "Mark forums read" and then click "What's New" again.

You'll see a hyperlink to show you all the posts in the last 24 hours.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Feb 24th, 2011, 04:53 PM
The "What's New" button only shows posts since your latest visit.

The thing is however, that if you visit twice with little time (several hours) in between, it will actually count as the same visit. So then the list doesn't change.
Then, if you return for a day (or so), the forum registers your return as a new visit and thus leaves out everything that happened before your previous one.

Onslaught
Feb 25th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I think I like it better as what was posted for the last 24 hours.

Thanks for the help guys.

Kc
Feb 25th, 2011, 12:43 PM
I think it is based on your cookies too. There's not many settings under the hood for us on that piece.