PDA

View Full Version : Different types of zombies...

mascaria
Jan 31st, 2011, 04:55 PM
Hey guys, so I'm in the prepping stage of my soon to be super awesome zombie media review blog and I think I'll be using tags to help classify the kinds of zombies present in what ever media that I'm reviewing or talking about, if possible. Which leads me to consider what kinds of zombies are there?

So far this is what I've come up with:

Voodoo (White Zombie)
Virus (World War Z)
Toxic Waste (Pot Zombies)
Scientific Experimentation (Night of the Living Dead)
Aliens (Night of the Comet)
Unknown (thanks Spud)

I know there's more reasons so what am I missing?

Spud
Jan 31st, 2011, 05:08 PM
apocalypse (dawn of the dead)
they didnt really give a reason why they turned in that movie so that can be one
i suppose it could fall under Virus though

mascaria
Jan 31st, 2011, 05:09 PM
In a way though aren't they all apocalypse? I could definitely add an Unknown because there's certainly a lot of things that don't explain why there are zombies.

Hollomandious
Jan 31st, 2011, 07:05 PM
apocalypse (dawn of the dead)
they didnt really give a reason why they turned in that movie so that can be one
i suppose it could fall under Virus though

Wern't those something of the dead movies where the dead rise. We're not really dealing w/ the dead rising (least, not yet). this is just a pandemic.

StepLaugh
Jan 31st, 2011, 07:11 PM
Now in 28 days later, they have the RAGE virus. I'm not sure if that counts

mascaria
Jan 31st, 2011, 07:45 PM
That's kind of a category of it's own because no one else has really done rage virus zombies but it's kind of like a mix of virus and scientific experimentation.

Pteranodon
Feb 2nd, 2011, 11:27 PM
There's also demonic zombies- I guess you'd call them that. Ever read "The Fuller Memorandum"? (3rd 'Atrocity Archives' book by Charles Stross) The zombies in this are the scariest of them all....

[SPOILER ALERT!!]
Basically there's these really unbalanced viral spirits lurking in nearby dimensions that can animate corpses (even centuries old skeletons) and possess living humans. They spread BY TOUCH!!! One touch on your flesh and you're INSTANTLY posessed, instantly turned into what we'd call a zombie, and ready to spread to others. There's so many of these things waiting for flesh to possess, they're virtually limitless. Stross has the sickest imagination on the planet right now...

Pteranodon
Feb 18th, 2011, 09:44 PM
....forgot about Rob Zombie!!!!

Tugboatgirl
Apr 30th, 2011, 06:36 AM
I'm not sure if a Golem would count, its a Jewish boogyman storie about a creature made up of grave dirt and wax. Some one makes one for the purpose of revenge.
There is also a "wish type" zombie, I have only seen it once in a late 50s earlie 60s black and white movie, I think its called "She came from the grave" I can't remember the exact details, the plot was either the husband killed her, or she wished herself back to life to get revenge for being killed. If I wasn't a thousand miles from home I would find the DVD in my collection and let you know which one it is.....
I know these are both obscure references and you may not be intrested but there they are.

Tugboatgirl
Apr 30th, 2011, 06:43 AM
I googled the book you talked about here and ordered all 3, sounds good/scary can't wait to get them!
Also, check out! ANY Brian Keene book, starting with. "The rising" and the second book is the "The city of the damned" Both of them scared the poo out of me and had me looking over my shoulder for about a week.

j0be
Apr 30th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Yeah, I came to say religious zombies. I forget which movie it was but it said something about hell being to full, and the dead spilling into our world, or something like that.

cycogod
Apr 30th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Yeah, I came to say religious zombies. I forget which movie it was but it said something about hell being to full, and the dead spilling into our world, or something like that.

The original Dawn of the Dead

timberwoof
Apr 30th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Alien Virus - Day by Day Armageddon, J.L Bourne - basic walkers, but nuclear bomb makes them super zombies that move faster and decompose slower.
Green Goblin Mist (from aliens) - The Zombie Chronicles, similar zombies to W.A. but not as smart.