PDA

View Full Version : It has Started!

Wicked Sid
Jan 20th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I shall start the first thread, just for you to post introductions. Seeing as its my thread I shall tell you a little about myself.

I used to work in a coffee house and found the podcast through a thread in a forum. I started listening around the release of chapter 3 and was hooked instantly. With the production levels being so high and the voice talent phenomenal, I could not stop listening.

I've been a zombie junkie since early 2000, when I saw my first zombie movie at 8 years old, it was George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead, yes the old one and it was great.

I'm an info-junkie and I like to theorize life's many questions, college is on my horizon with my full life sure to follow.

Kc
Jan 20th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Well stage 1 is complete! We're on our way now. I just got the facebook connect to work! Lots more to connect, and this will make EVERYTHING so much easier to do. SO many options now.

JTCgolf
Jan 21st, 2011, 12:32 AM
What's up everbody?
I was introduced to We're Alive just recently. In fact, it was last week (chapter 17). I saw Greg Miller advertising the We're Not Dead podcast and decided to check it out. After listening to one minute of We're Not Dead, I decided to check out We're Alive to hear what all this talk was about. I started seconds later and lasted to 6:00am. I forced myself to go to bed, then I woke up and finished the rest of chapter 17. I guess you could say I was 'hooked' but it was more like addicted. I was planning to go to sleep that night at 12:00am but couldn't stop listening. Great job on the podcast Kc and crew.

I had never been much of a zombie junkie however now I am starting to become one. It wasn't that I didn't like zombies before, it was that I never really thought about zombies.

Ra1th
Jan 21st, 2011, 01:33 AM
Whatsup, I also found the podcast through Greg Miller, who was talking about being addicted to we're alive a few months ago. When I first started listening i think there were only like 14 chapters.

I am a diehard Angel fan, and i'll prly defend him no matter what he does.

I think zombies are pretty cool, but up until we're alive I was never a fan of zombie movies, mostly cause everyone dies, and I hate that, so we're alive was pretty awesome. I also liked the walking dead (but it's nothing compared to we're alive) and as for zombie video games Left 4 Dead rocks.

I am 18, I go to UCI and I'm a comp sci major.

I The K Train I
Jan 21st, 2011, 03:07 AM
Just going to copy how I found We're Alive from the old forum (It's at the bottom).

I'm so happy that the forum moved. The last one was good, but it was pretty basic. The options this one will allow the users is better and much more friendly.

I love the show, I love the show about the show with Greg and Brittney and cannot wait till Tuesday (Irish time) for the podcast to go up. Also can't wait to see who the next guest on we're not dead is. Mr. Gleason was just a class act and funny out!

I heard about it from the Zombie Survival thread on boards.ie

Decided to give it a try and delighted I did. Up to Chapter 14 since I started listening today!

I'm dreading getting to the end of 16 and having to wait for more, it's just too addictive I can't stop!

Amazing radio program Smiley

Adogg
Jan 21st, 2011, 11:57 AM
Hey guys! I made it through the transition.... but I did get bit recentlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ..... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ....... ROAR!

Kc
Jan 21st, 2011, 02:31 PM
Hey guys! I made it through the transition.... but I did get bit recentlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ..... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ....... ROAR!
Awesome! As you can see, we're still settling in and getting everything to look right.

looney
Jan 21st, 2011, 10:25 PM
I was on the old thread under the same user name. I never really introduced myself though. A friend of mine introduced me to the podcast around Chapter 8 and I fell in love with it. I'm a pretty big zombie/survival junkie. I've got a full arm sleeve of a zombie scene.

I'm older than you guys that said your ages by a bit, I'm in the military and have been for a while, and I've seen a lot of combat and done a lot of schools.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Jan 22nd, 2011, 03:23 AM
As I briefly mentioned on the old forum, a good friend of mine told me to listen to the podcast. I didn't really find time to do so (DON'T HIT ME! I didn't know what I was missing out on) before you guys launched chapter 13 or so.
I started listening from Chapter 1 while traveling by bus, and was hooked instantly. I listened every episode available in the days that followed, and nowadays I listen most new chapters as soon as they come out.

I'm not a real 'Zombie person' though I do appreciate the theme if it's not overdone (correctly*).

Zombie related stuff I like other than the podcast are The Walking Dead, Zombieland*, and Minecraft (hey, there are zombies in it too!).

Other things I like are techblogs like Gizmodo (same username) and Pocketnow, photography, webdesign and development, Silverlight / XNA coding, and I've also got some experience with 3D CGI using packages like Vue, Maya and Silo.

I'll be starting on my Bachelor Mechanical Engineering at the University of Twente, the Netherlands, next year.

Guess that's about it :)

sdkmcqueen
Jan 24th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Hey guys. New to this forum. I heard about this podcast on another forum and decided to check it out. Now I'm hooked and am hoping I can cram as much of this podcast in before I ship to bootcamp. Keep up the awesome work.

StepLaugh
Jan 24th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Hey guys. New to this forum. I heard about this podcast on another forum and decided to check it out. Now I'm hooked and am hoping I can cram as much of this podcast in before I ship to bootcamp. Keep up the awesome work.

Awesome dude, glad you joined the cause XD

Tell us more about you, get to know us. Introduce yourself (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?14-Introduce-Yourself!)

Solanine
Sep 26th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Wow, I really found a relic. I find it so interesting to look back at threads like this and see how all those recognisable users started.